PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 26 Raiders 13

Ghazi
12-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Denver -9.5 ends up as a win for BiG Ghaz.

As for this Denver team, complete in every way... an elite QB and pass rush... need I say more? elite defenders at every level w/ Dumervil/Miller/Bailey... run game is a little subpar, but this is really not that important in the NFL. I will say it's nice to have a package that can pick up 3rd and shorts and 3-4 yards though.

Raiders... their woes continue. by far the worst defense in the NFL this year... they actually did a little better as far as yards per play but could NOT get off the field. 78 plays for Denver, 47 for Oakland. I was surprised that there was a brief stretch in the middle of the game where Oakland was able to get some pressure on Manning.

Anyway, in the GHazi rankings Denver is the #1 team in the NFL right now. Only thing I will say is they've had an easy schedule so maybe some of their stats/metrics are inflated.

TIMMYtoZO
12-06-2012, 11:53 PM
8 wins in a row. Peyton Manning moves up to #1 on my list for MVP now. Denver will finish 13-3 and enter the postseason on an 11 game winning streak. Von Miller is a boss as well.

monosylab1k
12-07-2012, 01:09 AM
I like how everyone has forgotten that the Patriots got off to almost as poor a start as Denver, has their own 6 game win streak, and OH YEAH they already kicked the shit out of the Broncos.

Ghazi
12-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Pats are considered #1 by a lot of people. But their defense is definitely a concern.

This Texans game should be good... I'm leaning Texans +3.5 though. I'll take the points with the better defense.

dirk4mvp
12-07-2012, 01:52 AM
Don't do it Ghaz. Seems like a few scros are thinking the Texans are gonna come up with a win but I wouldn't be surprised to see Brady send those faggots back to Houston with their chodes in their hands.

BUMP
12-07-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm leaning at a certain large Iranian male, having a manic attack and leaving a certain chat group (-3.5)

leemajors
12-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Don't do it Ghaz. Seems like a few scros are thinking the Texans are gonna come up with a win but I wouldn't be surprised to see Brady send those faggots back to Houston with their chodes in their hands.

Brady tends to eviscerate Wade Philips defenses

Blake
12-07-2012, 10:16 AM
I like how everyone has forgotten that the Patriots got off to almost as poor a start as Denver, has their own 6 game win streak, and OH YEAH they already kicked the shit out of the Broncos.

http://cache.heraldinteractive.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/welker-moustache.jpg

johnsmith
12-07-2012, 10:19 AM

Don't get me wrong here, if Denver were to win a Super Bowl I'd be the happiest person alive, but I don't think they're "there yet". They're a very good team this year, but I don't think they're ready to beat a Patriots team that's clicking right now (or the Texans for that matter).

Having said that, I do expect them to be a legit contender next season after another year of tinkering with the team.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Don't get me wrong here, if Denver were to win a Super Bowl I'd be the happiest person alive, but I don't think they're "there yet". They're a very good team this year, but I don't think they're ready to beat a Patriots team that's clicking right now (or the Texans for that matter).

Having said that, I do expect them to be a legit contender next season after another year of tinkering with the team.

The Texans lack of a good QB or passing game that doesn't rely on play action will do them in. The AFC still comes down to Denver and New England, imo whichever team is healthiest and clicking at the right time. New England needs its injured group of large Aryans (Gronk, Mankins, Vollmer) all healthy for the playoffs. I still think losing Brian Waters and creating a huge void at C/RG will do New England in like it did before they got Waters. Sounds like a nit picky thing to point at, but it's lost them playoff games before.

johnsmith
12-07-2012, 10:42 AM
The Texans lack of a good QB or passing game that doesn't rely on play action will do them in. The AFC still comes down to Denver and New England, imo whichever team is healthiest and clicking at the right time. New England needs its injured group of large Aryans (Gronk, Mankins, Vollmer) all healthy for the playoffs. I still think losing Brian Waters and creating a huge void at C/RG will do New England in like it did before they got Waters. Sounds like a nit picky thing to point at, but it's lost them playoff games before.

I see your point, and I don't disagree. However, I've watched every down of football the broncos have played for the past 25 seasons and honestly, the last three games they've played, they haven't looked real crisp on offense. I know the scores show differently, but they've played shitty teams too. I do wonder If the past 14 seasons of being let down by them have jaded me, but I just can't see them putting it all together enough to win the big one just yet....hopefully I'm wrong, but I really think it will take one more season.

I sure as hell didn't think at the beginning of the season they be as good as they are right now though, so who knows.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Winning the AFC and winning the big one are very different this year :lol. I agree that Denver has a lot of flaws people are ignoring but winning the AFC doesn't require an amazing team or anything (2011 Patriots for example). The rest of the AFC is so shitty at QB (I know Schaub isn't bad but he's historically unclutch and has no playoff experience) that I'd be shocked if it's a team other than New England or Denver. Denver might have looked less-than-stellar in its last few games but I don't put too much stock in New England's 6 game streak against the Jets, Rams, Bills, Colts, Jets, and Fins. That's not exactly murderer's row. The encouraging thing I see with them is they're only a few plays from being undefeated right now, but their schedule is so weak it's hard to judge them.

The big concern I see with Denver is John Fox and his pussy 1st half play calling. It's what dug them too big of a hole against New England in their game and it could fuck them in the playoffs. It takes him 1-2 quarters every week to remember he's no longer coaching Jake Delhomme or Tim Tebow.

leemajors
12-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Denver will probably miss McGahee a lot in the playoffs, I just can't see Moreno being terribly consistent and I don't think they have much else.

TIMMYtoZO
12-07-2012, 07:18 PM
The Giants had the worst rushing attack in the league and did just fine. Denver has Peyton Manning at the helm. Denver will make it to the Super Bowl THIS season. New England won't go back simply due to the SB loser curse. The SB matchup of Eli vs Peyton in their hometown of New Orleans is going to happen.

LnGrrrR
12-07-2012, 07:59 PM

Did they ever definitively say why Waters didn't sign? Is he retiring?

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-07-2012, 08:11 PM
There was never any definitive resolution. Pretty weird what happened there.

Malik Hairston
12-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Agreed, tbh, as I've been saying all year..

I'm not a fan of Moreno, but along with Hillman, they will negate McGahee's loss, tbh..

This Broncos team still has too many stretches of ineptitude..they don't look like a dominant team, but neither does any other team in the NFL..I'm worried about Fox in the playoffs and there are many inexperienced players at key positions..with that being said, I still feel good about their SB hopes..

Manning + good weapons + good defense with an elite player + elite special teams should suffice for a run..

Denver, NE, Pittsburgh, New York or Green Bay IMO..I can't see any other team winning, tbh..

monosylab1k
12-07-2012, 08:32 PM
There was never any definitive resolution. Pretty weird what happened there.

From what i've read, he had no interest living in the New England area any more and wanted to be released or traded, and the Patriots didn't want to do that. Then i think his plan was to just stay "retired" unless they offered him a ridiculously stupid amount of money to come back.

Ghazi
12-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Agreed, tbh, as I've been saying all year..

I'm not a fan of Moreno, but along with Hillman, they will negate McGahee's loss, tbh..

This Broncos team still has too many stretches of ineptitude..they don't look like a dominant team, but neither does any other team in the NFL..I'm worried about Fox in the playoffs and there are many inexperienced players at key positions..with that being said, I still feel good about their SB hopes..

Manning + good weapons + good defense with an elite player + elite special teams should suffice for a run..

Denver, NE, Pittsburgh, New York or Green Bay IMO..I can't see any other team winning, tbh..

Niners absolutely have to be included on the shortlist of contenders.

In fact if you ask me they're the best team in the NFC.

Green Bay is such an overrated commodity this year... yes Rodgers is great and arguably the best QB in the NFL right now, but their offensive line is TERRIBLE and they have trouble stopping the run. They've been blown out by the Niners/Giants this year.

Pelicans78
12-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Pats are the best team in the AFC right now, but Denver is very good as well.

I'm not counting out the Texans yet. They need to get healthy on defense first.

TIMMYtoZO
12-08-2012, 04:33 PM
:lol at people who say Denver is a year away from truly contending. They are good enough now. People said the same exact thing about the last 2 champions. Peyton Manning has experience, most of the players have playoff experience from last year, so that isn't a legit reason. John Fox won't fuck this up for them as long as Manning is there.

TIMMYtoZO
12-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Niners absolutely have to be included on the shortlist of contenders.

In fact if you ask me they're the best team in the NFC.

Green Bay is such an overrated commodity this year... yes Rodgers is great and arguably the best QB in the NFL right now, but their offensive line is TERRIBLE and they have trouble stopping the run. They've been blown out by the Niners/Giants this year.

Niners are average at a position that you need to be elite at in order to win in the postseason (QB).

Pelicans78
12-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Niners are still the best team overall in the NFC. But the QB spot will be a big question in the playoffs until proven otherwise.

I think the Broncos can make a run to the Super Bowl, but I would bet against them winning on the road against New England or a healthy Houston team.