PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Rockets @ Spurs game thread

djohn2oo8
12-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Harden shoots them out of the game per the usual... 112-92 Spurs.

JRHernandez88
12-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Will be in attendance. Taking advantage of those $1 tickets yoooooo

purplengold
12-07-2012, 02:24 PM
I didn't think Westbrook would be shooting a betta % than harden this season.

DPG21920
12-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Westbrook has the benefit of playing with Durant who draws a lot of attention. Harden is stuck with a piece of crap team and needs help.

djohn2oo8
12-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Westbrook has the benefit of playing with Durant who draws a lot of attention. Harden is stuck with a piece of crap team and needs help.

This.

Chris
12-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Harden and Delfino are Spurs killers.

JRHernandez88
12-07-2012, 02:36 PM
This.
Honest question. How is J. Lin doing this year so far? Was it worth letting go of Lowry?? I'm asking because I remember last year he was a Spurs Killer.

Spurs da champs
12-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Honest question. How is J. Lin doing this year so far? Was it worth letting go of Lowry?? I'm asking because I remember last year he was a Spurs Killer.

The question should be was he worth letting Dragic go, Lowry was becoming a team cancer IIRC.

djohn2oo8
12-07-2012, 03:18 PM

Lin early in the season looked lost for the most part. Now Sampson is letting him be the primary ballhandler and he's looking more confident and more explosive since coming off the knee surgery. I think it was absolutely worth letting both go because I believe Lin and Asik may be traded down the road to acquire better players. If Lin develops then great, but if he doesn't, his contract will be a nice expiring. Same thing with Asik, but Asik was a very underrated signing.

JRHernandez88
12-07-2012, 03:19 PM
The question should be was he worth letting Dragic go, Lowry was becoming a team cancer IIRC.
Yeah, I was gona include him too but I don't watch many Rockets games and I specifically remember Lowry going nuts last year.

JRHernandez88
12-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Lin early in the season looked lost for the most part. Now Sampson is letting him be the primary ballhandler and he's looking more confident and more explosive since coming off the knee surgery. I think it was absolutely worth letting both go because I believe Lin and Asik may be traded down the road to acquire better players. If Lin develops then great, but if he doesn't, his contract will be a nice expiring.
Cool, thanks. I remember thinking he wasn't worth the hype last year but I did get to catch the game where he went off against L.A. He left me impressed after seeing that 1.

thunderfan
12-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Trade Asik? Shit that guy is good, IMO.

sw12
12-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Asik is the only legit center they have. No way they will trade him anytime soon. Isn't he averaging like 12 boards a game?

djohn2oo8
12-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Asik is the only legit center they have. No way they will trade him anytime soon. Isn't he averaging like 12 boards a game?

Yeah. I'm not saying trade him soon or anything. His value is increasing though, but they'll just let him develop this year. I'm just saying if it was for another star player or something.

sw12
12-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Yeah. I'm not saying trade him soon or anything. His value is increasing though, but they'll just let him develop this year. I'm just saying if it was for another star player or something.

His contract kinda sucks but if he keeps improving he'll be a top true center soon.

Koolaid_Man
12-07-2012, 03:53 PM

actually Durant is the problem not Westbrook....Westbrook is the PG..Durant when WB has the ball at the key or 3 point line instead of rolling to the basketball Durant is setting screens and running into WB like a fucking fool...Durant needs to roll his tall lanky ass to he basket and stop trying to be a guard and interfering with WB's game...you clowns don't know basketball

sw12
12-07-2012, 03:56 PM
actually Durant is the problem not Westbrook....Westbrook is the PG..Durant when WB has the ball at the key or 3 point line instead of rolling to the basketball Durant is setting screens and running into WB like a fucking fool...Durant needs to roll his tall lanky ass to he basket and stop trying to be a guard and interfering with WB's game...you clowns don't know basketball

Westbrook is fucking trash, he steals shots from one of the purest shooters in the game. Can't have two alphas.

Koolaid_Man
12-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Westbrook is fucking trash, he steals shots from one of the purest shooters in the game. Can't have two alphas.

WB is the heart and soul of that fucking team it's not KD....WB's aggression is what opens up the opportunities for KD...without WB's guard penetration KD would not score as much because he's primarily a catch and shoot player...he doesn't really create his own shot...while WB may have more inconsistent games he's changes the games dynamics way more than KD...KD is predictable and thus stoppable...he catches fire with his jumper occasionally but he hasn't shown me real leadership...He doesn't play a lick of D and he wants to shoot more than Kobe....

Brunodf
12-07-2012, 04:12 PM
This gonna be ugly, Spurs have no perimeter defenders. Jack, Kawhi, and Green are out

thunderfan
12-07-2012, 04:59 PM
WB is the heart and soul of that fucking team it's not KD....WB's aggression is what opens up the opportunities for KD...without WB's guard penetration KD would not score as much because he's primarily a catch and shoot player...he doesn't really create his own shot...while WB may have more inconsistent games he's changes the games dynamics way more than KD...KD is predictable and thus stoppable...he catches fire with his jumper occasionally but he hasn't shown me real leadership...He doesn't play a lick of D and he wants to shoot more than Kobe....

While I agree with your assessment of Westbrook, your comments about KD are absolutely ignorant. KD is a predictable and stoppable catch and shoot guy who can't create? That's so blatantly inaccurate it's not even funny. Clearly anyone is going to benefit from RWs penetration, but KD can certainly create his own offense. Is that the game plan? No. The teams that win usually are the ones that pass. Isolating KD or anyone else and telling him to score is certainly something within certain players abilities but its not the highest percentage move. That's why KD and OKC in general has become much better at ball movement and assisting - it's a winning formula. The % of KDs points assisted this year are up quite a bit to 59%. Ball movement. His assists are up quite a bit too. Last year 48% were assisted. Kobe by comparison was at 44% assisted. Pretty close. And by the way, KD is averaging fewer shot attempts this year than RW

Suspect
12-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Harden and Delfino are Spurs killers.
Spurs are Rockets killers.

Spurs always beat the Rockets like 95% of the time, it's upsetting being a rockets fan :(

SpursIndonesia
12-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Blowout ??? :D

Reck
12-07-2012, 10:29 PM
They're letting Harden get his buckets but still beating them.

Rockets miss Scola.

noob cake
12-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Hargoat vs Spurs

Dreams of 2nd seed fading...

Spur_Fanatic
12-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Nice win. I love our bench.

jeebus
12-07-2012, 10:49 PM
This gonna be ugly, Spurs have no perimeter defenders. Jack, Kawhi, and Green are out
gnsf goods imo

Reck
12-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Nice win. I love our bench.

Too bad it dissapears when the bell tolls.

timtonymanu
12-07-2012, 10:50 PM
gnsf goods imo

Did you go crazy at Ginger's dunk? :lol

jeebus
12-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Did you go crazy at Ginger's dunk? :lol

son I was hoping he'd pull a Bogut and snap his fucking arm

DejuanorwhatDude
12-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Too bad it dissapears when the bell tolls.

Have fun with 5 guys close to forty or over in April. Oh and relying on the three ball to win a chip.

Reck
12-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Have fun with 5 guys close to forty or over in April. Oh and relying on the three ball to win a chip.

LOL hit the road

Brunodf
12-07-2012, 11:38 PM
gnsf goods imo
Thank God it wasn't.

Bill_Brasky
12-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Harden shoots them out of the game per the usual... 112-92 Spurs.

So close...

Latarian Milton
12-08-2012, 09:27 AM
spurs been regular season champs two year in a row now n they just won a game they were supposed to win over the #2 seed tbh