PDA

View Full Version : Game Thoughts: Spurs vs. Rockets - Dec. 7, 2012

timvp
12-08-2012, 11:28 AM
The Rockets came to town sporting a winning record. They left town licking their wounds. The Spurs got up early, nursed a healthy cushion and then busted the game wide open. The 114-92 win improved San Antonio to 16-4 on the season and completed a sweep of the three-game homestand.

The Spurs began the contest on a 12-2 run with Tony Parker (eight points, one assist) doing the heavy lifting. The Rockets immediately responded with an 11-2 run to quickly climb out of the deficit. However, the good guys were able to regain control and took a 29-21 lead into the second quarter.

In the second, the Spurs scored the first six to go up by 14 points. San Antonio kept the spread in that neighborhood for the duration of the period and carried a 57-45 advantage into the halftime break.

Houston made their final push in the third quarter. Down by 15, the Rockets when on a 9-2 run early in the period to make it an eight-point game. The elation, though, was short-lived. Pop called timeout, rattled the cage (as Gary Neal put it after the game) and the Spurs responded with a 15-0 punch. The contest was never in doubt again.

The Spurs, who led by as many as 33 points in this game, have to be thrilled with the way they are playing. They’ve won eight of their last nine games and over that span have outscored opponents by an average of 11.5 points (108.7-to-97.2). San Antonio now ventures out on another road trip -- this one four games in four different time zones.

http://www.spurstalk.com/box201.png

http://www.spurstalk.com/box202.png
http://www.spurstalk.com/box203.png

---------------
Tim Duncan
http://www.spurstalk.com/td12.png
Omer Asik has proven himself to be one of the better centers in the NBA after signing with the Rockets. He’s definitely one of the best defensive bigmen in the league. Tim Duncan, though, apparently didn’t care about the young Turk’s early season success. Duncan ruthlessly destroyed Asik on both ends. Offensively, he got his outside jumper going and became too much to handle. Defensively, when Duncan wasn’t thwarting Asik’s attempts at the rim, he was ripping rebounds out of his mitts. From passing to team defense and everything in between, the St. Croix native put together a complete performance to further his ungodly stretch of basketball.
Final Grade: 93
Season Average: 92.3
Adj. Average: 92.5
---------------
Manu Ginobili
http://www.spurstalk.com/mg12.png
Compared to his last outing, Manu Ginobili was much improved. He kept things simple offensively (for the most part) and was very effective. He looked strong going toward the rim and effortlessly made plays for his teammates. Defensively, it wasn’t quite as pretty. Ginobili’s individual defense wasn’t very good and his closeouts were often too aggressive. That said, he made up for a lot of that by rebounding extremely well and routinely swooping in from the weakside to disrupt plays.
Final Grade:90
Season Average: 82.7
Adj. Average: 83.0
---------------
Tony Parker
http://www.spurstalk.com/tp12.png
Yeah, no, Jeremy Lin can’t guard Tony Parker. It was actually quite pitiful to even watch him even try. Parker played with focus and energy from the opening tip -- and Lin was toast. The Frenchman got whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted and however he wanted. When he wasn’t freeing himself for an open look, Parker was spoon-feeding a teammate. On the other end, he continued to make life difficult for Houston’s point guard. Overall, Parker seemed to be on a mission and he accomplished the goals of that mission with flying colors.
Final Grade: 96
Season Average: 87.8
Adj. Average: 87.7
---------------
Danny Green
http://www.spurstalk.com/dg12.png
After missing a game due to injury for the first time as a Spur, Danny Green was back in action. Unfortunately, it didn’t go too well. Defensively, he had the task of trying to deal with James Harden. As the boxscore suggests, Green was unable to corral the bearded wonder. Not even close. That said, he was able to redeem himself partially by playing very good team defense, particularly in transition and in loose ball situations. On the other end, Green looked decent; his shots left his hands smoothly and he wasn’t hesitating. However, he still appeared a bit gimpy on his hamstring and that negatively influenced his ball-handling ability.
Final Grade: 76
Season Average: 81.4
Adj. Average: 81.9
---------------
Gary Neal
http://www.spurstalk.com/gn12.png
While he’s struggling on three-pointers (eight for his last 32), Gary Neal is finding other ways to contribute. His ability to create for himself off the dribble continues to improve; he’s looking especially polished when he goes all the way to the rim. Neal’s shot-selection might have been a smidgen too generous, though it’s difficult to argue with the results. On the other end, he was relatively good. Neal had some really difficult matchups (mostly Chandler Parsons or Harden) but he fought with moxie and wasn’t a liability.
Final Grade: 88
Season Average: 83.1
Adj. Average: 84.0
---------------
DeJuan Blair
http://www.spurstalk.com/db12.png
The Good: DeJuan Blair was helpful on the boards. His was lively offensively. The Bad: Pretty much everything else. His defense -- both individually and team-wise -- was forgettable. He wasn’t running up and down the court in a timely manner. His offense was bumbling. The final instance of bad news came in the form of the turned ankle he suffered during garbage time.
Final Grade: 74
Season Average: 80.3
Adj. Average: 81.2
---------------
Tiago Splitter
http://www.spurstalk.com/ts12.png
Tiago Splitter backed up a very good performance with another very good performance. Defensively, this might have been his best game of the season. He was sturdy on the inside, quick when defending pick-and-rolls and did a much better job than usual of using his size to his advantage. Offensively, Splitter’s finishing was once again beautiful. Though not always powerful, the grace and balance is impressive to see out of a player his size. Add in some very good passes, great movement off the ball and all-around hustle and the Spurs couldn’t ask for much more.
Final Grade: 95
Season Average: 83.4
Adj. Average: 84.4
---------------
Nando De Colo
http://www.spurstalk.com/ndc12.png
Pop gave Nando De Colo the reins as the team’s backup point guard and he took it and ran. Literally. When he was on the court, the Spurs played at the blistering pace of 108.5 possessions per 48 minutes (for reference, San Antonio’s pace overall this season is 93.9). Amazingly, even though he’s pushing the team into warp speed, De Colo looks completely under control. He gets his teammates in the right spots to spread the court, makes breathtaking passes and is able to get to the basket with his underrated quickness. Against the Rockets, De Colo was as aggressive as he’s been all season in terms of looking for his own shot. On the other end, I liked what I saw out of him. De Colo is never going to be a lockdown defender but I see no reason why he can’t be at least average. Oh, and for a point guard, it appears as if rebounding can become a major strength. Overall, I’m excited. De Colo looks like a legit player with a possible future. He still has to prove he can score enough to keep defenses honest … but this guy is just oozing potential right now.
Final Grade: 92
Season Average: 83.0
Adj. Average: 84.6
---------------
Patrick Mills
http://www.spurstalk.com/pm12.png
It’s beginning to look like Patrick Mills has found his niche. As a miniature shooting guard who runs the court hard, the Australian has some value. His speed alone can create easy buckets, plus he’s a very good catch-and-shoot marksman. Defensively, it’s not going to be easy to hide him but San Antonio can at least count on Mills to give effort on that end.
Final Grade: 88
Season Average: 81.7
Adj. Average: 81.6
---------------
Boris Diaw
http://www.spurstalk.com/bd12.png
Boris Diaw was friskier than normal on Friday night. When he got defensive rebounds, he didn’t hesitate to push the ball up the court -- whether that constituted a quick pass or dribbling it himself. Diaw’s playmaking in the halfcourt was also at a higher level than recently witnessed. Defensively, he was unspectacularly solid. As long as he plays with vigor, like he did against the Rockets, Diaw is virtually always going to be an asset on the court.
Final Grade: 87
Season Average: 80.4
Adj. Average: 82.1
---------------
James Anderson
http://www.spurstalk.com/ja12.png
It was just more of James Anderson being James Anderson. He was sharp defensively and challenged shots well. He also crashed the boards with authority. Anderson didn’t show much on the offensive end but his court vision continues to impress. Right now, I'd classify him as a fringe NBA player who has some value to the Spurs as a 14th or 15th man.
Final Grade: 84
Season Average: 86.0
Adj. Average: 85.8
---------------
Matt Bonner
http://www.spurstalk.com/mb12.png
Matt Bonner’s flying dunk and enthusiastic response will surely find its way onto reels of the highlight variety. And I’m not sure what’s gotten into him rebounding-wise … but I like it. After grabbing only nine rebounds in his first 123 minutes this season, he has 29 rebounds in his previous 83 minutes. Quite the turnaround.
Final Grade: Inc.
Season Average: 82.8
Adj. Average: 84.2
---------------
Cory Joseph
http://www.spurstalk.com/cj12.png
During garbage time, Cory Joseph didn’t disappoint. He made swift, timely passes. He illustrated some explosion going to the rim. Joseph’s defense also continues to impress. He’s still a bit green but his career is definitely trending in the right direction.
Final Grade: Inc.
Season Average: 90.0
Adj. Average: 90.0
---------------
Pop
http://www.spurstalk.com/gp12.png
On the first of a back-to-back, Pop was able to give every player ample rest. That alone made it a job well done. Additionally, his selection of De Colo as backup point guard paid immediate dividends. He’s showing confidence in the rookie and he's being rewarded. Going with Splitter as the first bigman off the bench and keeping Bonner as the fifth big are both positives in my book. And let’s not forget that 15-0 following a timeout in the third quarter. That, in retrospect, was the knockout blow.
Final Grade: 93
Season Average: 85.9
---------------
Offense
The Spurs didn’t get to the line much, turned it over too freely and didn’t shoot it straight from downtown. The good news is that everything else was very strong. San Antonio scored 60 points in the paint and shot 62.7% on two-pointers. They also recorded season-highs in assists (33) and fast break points (27).
Final Grade: 89
Season Average: 85.3
---------------
Defense
Allowing only 92 points is impressive when considering that Houston had 108 possessions. The Spurs kept the Rockets off the line, held their two-point and three-point percentages in check, did very well on the defensive boards, and forced 19 turnovers.
Final Grade:94
Season Average: 83.7
---------------
Overall
The Spurs have to turn around and quickly play in Charlotte so blowing out the ever-floundering Rockets was even more enjoyable than usual. Keep it going.
Final Grade: 92
Season Average: 84.8
---------------

Boomersgold
12-08-2012, 11:35 AM
You used photos of James Anderson for Patty Mills and Boris Diaw...lol

DPG21920
12-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Can you explain the grades to me? I just don't see how Blair can be graded so close to Tiago overall for the season. To me, it's been C's pretty much all year for Blair or INC's because he's on the bench and Tiago has had a lot of really good moments.

In looking back, including these grades, Blair has 4 C's out of the last 5 games.

timvp
12-08-2012, 11:47 AM
You used photos of James Anderson for Patty Mills and Boris Diaw...lol

Thanks brosef.

Can you explain the grades to me? I just don't see how Blair can be graded so close to Tiago overall for the season. To me, it's been C's pretty much all year for Blair or INC's because he's on the bench and Tiago has had a lot of really good moments.

In looking back, including these grades, Blair has 4 C's out of the last 5 games.

Blair has played pretty much how one would have expected. A lot worse finishing at the rim but he's also slightly improved in numerous categories (assists, rebounding, defense).

Splitter has definitely had his up and downs thus far this season if you remember correctly, tbh.

ohmwrecker
12-08-2012, 11:47 AM
My guess would be that expectations for Blair are lower than they are for Splitter.

ohmwrecker
12-08-2012, 11:49 AM
. . . there you go.

DPG21920
12-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks brosef.

Blair has played pretty much how one would have expected. A lot worse finishing at the rim but he's also slightly improved in numerous categories (assists, rebounding, defense).

Splitter has definitely had his up and downs thus far this season if you remember correctly, tbh.

Really? Not only has Blair's finishing severely diminished, but his hands as well. He's rebounding better than his rookie year? I'm showing that his rebounding rate has dipped rather significantly (career REB% of 18, this year 15). I see the assists going up but he's always been a pretty damn good passer and don't see the small improvement there as being enough to offset the rebounding and dip in scoring ability. His defense has been improved but again, I don't see that being a big leap.

I remember Tiago having some poor games, but he's also had so many high moments that have been extremely impactful on wins along with when he's playing well you see the ceiling of this team (Blair hasn't really had any moments like that), that I find it surprising they are graded so close. I guess the expectation is so much greater for Tiago?

Brunodf
12-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks

dbestpro
12-08-2012, 12:44 PM
We expect Blair to play like crap so when he does he gets an A. If he plays worse than crap he gets a B and if he really is a dog he gets a C.

I bet the kids in school wish they could be graded like that. Better not let the dept of ed get hold of it or they'll use the analysis so they can declare the US as the smartest country in the world.

timvp
12-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Really? Not only has Blair's finishing severely diminished, but his hands as well.Agreed.

He's rebounding better than his rookie year? Never said he was. But his rebounding is better than last year and his boxing out is MUCH better than last year. I'm not sure if he ever boxed out at all last season.

His defense has been improved but again, I don't see that being a big leap. Better rebound + better defense - worst hands - worst finishing = canceled out good and bad = ~80 grade

I remember Tiago having some poor games, but he's also had so many high moments that have been extremely impactful on wins along with when he's playing well you see the ceiling of this team (Blair hasn't really had any moments like that), that I find it surprising they are graded so close. I guess the expectation is so much greater for Tiago?True, Splitter has much higher expectations than Blair. Splitter has all the tools to be the fourth best player on this team and, IMO, a top ten center in the NBA. Blair, even at his best, is still a limited role player. Factor in Blair's deteriorating knees and he just doesn't have a high ceiling anymore.

Splitter's overall stats look good (except for a big drop in rebounding) but this is the first time all season that he's put together back-to-back really good games. He's had some really high highs (which account for his studly stats) but he's also had quite a few meh performances. The good news is that he seems to be back into a groove in terms of finishing at the basket ... and that really helps his confidence, which in turn helps his entire game.

Tbh, I don't remember a complaint from you regarding an individual Splitter grade so I'm not sure why you'd disagree with the average.

DPG21920
12-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Oh I see - you were comparing from last year, not overall. That might be the hangup when you were saying his rebounding has improved and I was not seeing it (it slightly improved from last year, but overall since he's been in the league it's a significant drop off).

I just never noticed the Blair v Tiago averages being so close. It's not that I disagree with where Tiago is at grade-wise, but Blair. You and I have disagreed about Blair this season. You think he's been good, I think he's been a pretty big let down and his numbers from his rookie year pretty much decline across the board. IMO, Blair has been a mid C while Tiago should be where he's at grade-wise due to inconsistency/expectation.

Paranoid Pop
12-08-2012, 01:07 PM
The big change with Blair is that he doesn't take as many touches away from TP/Tim as he did in the past (not sure the numbers back it up but I feel like it's what I see, maybe the plan "let's feed him all the time to inflate this numbers/trade value" got canned) but his D look quite a bit better as well. Would still take a monkeyballer to do what he does but it's an improvement at least. As long as we don't roll with that in the PO...

Whisky Dog
12-08-2012, 01:10 PM
If Splitter puts it together consistently to his potential he'll be a borderline all star to slightly below all star level center. If he adds some strength and power to his game definitely borderline all star center potential.

timvp
12-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Oh I see - you were comparing from last year, not overall. That might be the hangup when you were saying his rebounding has improved and I was not seeing it (it slightly improved from last year, but overall since he's been in the league it's a significant drop off).

I just never noticed the Blair v Tiago averages being so close. It's not that I disagree with where Tiago is at grade-wise, but Blair. You and I have disagreed about Blair this season. You think he's been good, I think he's been a pretty big let down and his numbers from his rookie year pretty much decline across the board. IMO, Blair has been a mid C while Tiago should be where he's at grade-wise due to inconsistency/expectation.

I don't think Blair has been good. I think he's been just about neutral. Tbh, I don't think it's reasonable to have expected him to put up his rookie numbers coming into this year. He has obviously declined physically from that point.

IMO, Blair being a "pretty big let down" is taking it too far. Last season, the Spurs allowed 2.6 points per 100 possessions more with Blair on the court and their defensive rebounding percentage tumbled 3.6% with him on the court. This season, the Spurs allow 2.7 points per 100 possessions less with Blair on the court and their defensive rebounding percentage is up a staggering 7.5% when he's on the court. Those are some massive swings in the right direction to be too emo about Blair's current level of play, IMHO.

He can do a lot better scoring wise (specifically on chip shots around the basket) but it's undeniable that he's much better this season rebounding and defending. He'll still be out of the rotation come the playoffs most likely ... though right now, he's not nearly the drain he was last season.

DPG21920
12-08-2012, 01:24 PM
I don't think Blair has been good. I think he's been just about neutral. Tbh, I don't think it's reasonable to have expected him to put up his rookie numbers coming into this year. He has obviously declined physically from that point.

IMO, Blair being a "pretty big let down" is taking it too far. Last season, the Spurs allowed 2.6 points per 100 possessions more with Blair on the court and their defensive rebounding percentage tumbled 3.6% with him on the court. This season, the Spurs allow 2.7 points per 100 possessions less with Blair on the court and their defensive rebounding percentage is up a staggering 7.5% when he's on the court. Those are some massive swings in the right direction to be too emo about Blair's current level of play, IMHO.

He can do a lot better scoring wise (specifically on chip shots around the basket) but it's undeniable that he's much better this season rebounding and defending. He'll still be out of the rotation come the playoffs most likely ... though right now, he's not nearly the drain he was last season.

Other than missed chip shots, Blair has been pretty good this season, tbh.

I guess this is where my confusion stems from. Tim's resurgence has a lot to do with those swings I suspect as well. I guess the main difference too is I'm not just comparing his numbers this year to a really bad year last year and calling them pretty good in comparison. His main skill was to rebound and it's dropped off a lot from what he was at his peak (knees explain a lot of that). He no longer finishes and it's become an issue when he's on the court (even though guys around him are masking a lot of that). It's not hurting the team with him on the court but he's quite easily been the worst big man on the team this year.

timvp
12-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Pretty good - missed chip shots = ~Neutral

Blair's individual defense is improved this season, whether you want to admit it or not, IMO. He didn't do well against Patterson or the Bucks but he's rarely been a liability on that end this season. Last year, he was routinely getting lit up.

To back that up with stats: opponents had an average PER against him of 18.8 last season. This season, that number is down to 14.3. These are some pretty drastic improvements you are conveniently ignoring or explaining away to further your point of view, tbh.

DPG21920
12-08-2012, 01:45 PM
:lol I'm not ignoring anything. I am simply using different criteria. You keep saying he's improved at rebounding to prove your point - yet that is only compared to a down year last year. The fact is, rebounding was his main skill and it's declined overall, even this year compared to his career average.

You also are back tracking for some reason (I don't think Blair has been good. Other than missed chip shots, Blair has been pretty good this season, tbh. Pretty good - missed chip shots = ~Neutral...). You just said he's been pretty good overall this season a week ago (even taking into consideration the missed chip shots) and now you are saying you don't think Blair has been good. Now you are saying your equation has him as neutral? Has he been good or bad all things considered?

It's also odd you say his defense has improved whether or not I want to admit it when I just said:

His defense has been improved but again, but I don't see that being a big leap.

I also said his passing is better. The only things I've explained I disagree on is that you said he's been good (now you say he hasn't been good, so I'm not sure) & that his rebounding has improved (but that's because we are using different criteria). I agree his defense has improved, his passing is better, but I just think that all excuses aside, he's been the worst big on the team - would you agree? I also think that Tim's play (along with the improved play of most guys around him) lead to the stats (maybe not the PER against him) being improved. What makes his lack of finishing even more astonishing is that this team has more guys that are excellent passers literally setting him up for the easiest shots in basketball.

therealtruth
12-08-2012, 01:53 PM
If Splitter puts it together consistently to his potential he'll be a borderline all star to slightly below all star level center. If he adds some strength and power to his game definitely borderline all star center potential.

That's why it makes no sense Pop the past few years has done everything to undermine his confidence. He should be starting and giving as much confidence as possible to succeed.

letmk
12-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Whenever there is any trouble with opposing players or teams, Pop will take Blair off the court, of course his +/- sort of things doesn't look that bad. Plus, he plays bulks of his minutes with a rejuvenating Tim, while Bonner and the other two are playing with each other.

From what I see, he contributes nothing positive to the team --- granted, he didn't become much liability either --- but that's because whenever the other team makes a run, Pop replaces him with others. On the contrary, Bonner comes to rescue in a number of games already. Although the results are not always good, but at least Bonner comes in when we are in trouble.

Blair is in a unique situation where advanced stats should not be used on him. You can only watch the game and use his own stats to evaluate him, which is so bad as he doesn't improve on any category as a 23-year-old.

will_spurs
12-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Glad to see De Colo playing this well, right now there's 2 benefits to it: first the Spurs get the back-up PG they have been looking for for years (and by that I mean somebody who looks like a natural PG) and second it allows both Neal and Mills to be much more efficient by playing at their true position. SG masquerading as PG was really the worst of both worlds.

letmk
12-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Whenever there is any trouble with opposing players or teams, Pop will take Blair off the court, of course his +/- sort of things doesn't look that bad. Plus, he plays bulks of his minutes with a rejuvenating Tim, while Bonner and the other two are playing with each other.

From what I see, he contributes nothing positive to the team --- granted, he didn't become much liability either --- but that's because whenever the other team makes a run, Pop replaces him with others. On the contrary, Bonner comes to rescue in a number of games already. Although the results are not always good, but at least Bonner comes in when we are in trouble.

Blair is in a unique situation where advanced stats should not be used on him. You can only watch the game and use his own stats to evaluate him, which is so bad as he doesn't improve on any category as a 23-year-old.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is that Blair didn't follow the typical in/out routine. Say like Tim plays first 9-10 minutes, then comes back in for the remaining 6 minutes in 2nd quarter, etc; or a bench player also follows some playing-time pattern. Of course, this will change from game to game, and players will play more or less depending on his performance or foul trouble, etc. But in general, player's role is relatively fixed and is allowed to make mistakes.

While in Blair's case, whenever Pop sees he looks to become a liability, he subs him out. Then only get him in when there is a blowout either way.

Brunodf
12-08-2012, 02:27 PM

Since his 1st season i always thought that he could be a 15/8 player in 30 minutes, but unfortunately he never got enough minutes...

freetiago
12-08-2012, 03:03 PM
if popovich is gonna use splitter as a pick and roll specialist then splitters play really depends on the guards
and popovich only plays him with the 2 hero ball players in mills and neal, manu "throw it into the stands" turnobili and the rookie who wont get playing time
he needs to go to him in the post and play him with tony more and hell be more consistent

TDMVPDPOY
12-08-2012, 03:10 PM
scrub pg starter is starting to outplay duncan and moving up the mvp rankings discussion....

Arcadian
12-08-2012, 03:28 PM
It's safe to say the Spurs are the best team in the NBA right now.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-08-2012, 03:42 PM
timvp, was wondering if maybe you'd want to add thoughts/ratings to the Spurs opponent for future games.

Would be interesting to get some brief thoughts on how you felt the Spurs opponents did or how they could look moving forward.

Just a thought.

playblair
12-08-2012, 03:57 PM
props on defending blair ... most people on here blindly hate blair for the playoff losses to the suns & grizz which were dice's fault.... dice had horrible defense

DPG21920
12-08-2012, 04:03 PM
It's not blind hate. I'm not even saying Blair is a bad player. I'm saying he's regressed (probably attributed to the knees) and that he's been the worst big man on the team this year. That doesn't mean he has no talent or no value, but my personal expectations where for him to grow as a player, not regress, especially with lost weight and in a contract year.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2012, 04:09 PM
That's why it makes no sense Pop the past few years has done everything to undermine his confidence. He should be starting and giving as much confidence as possible to succeed.I don't know why some think Splitter is such a pussy.

playblair
12-08-2012, 04:15 PM
spurs tried turning blair into a diaw type player .... should of let blair be blair the results/numbers dont lie blair was a monster on the boards .....

DPG21920
12-08-2012, 04:16 PM
spurs tried turning blair into a diaw type player .... should of let blair be blair the results/numbers dont lie blair was a monster on the boards .....

Spurs have done nothing but give Blair opportunity. They did absolutely nothing that would cause his rebounding numbers harm. It's all on Blair whether it's injury (knees), motivation or a combo of both.

DPG21920
12-08-2012, 04:17 PM
The only knock on Pop with regards to Tiago is minutes. All the other stuff would be very hard to argue harmed Tiago. In fact, he seems to be doing damn well with Pop's coaching style. Pop just has to find him more minutes.

8FOR!3
12-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Does anybody else see a lot of Ricky Rubio in Nando De Colo?

playblair
12-08-2012, 05:04 PM
The only knock on Pop with regards to Tiago is minutes. All the other stuff would be very hard to argue harmed Tiago. In fact, he seems to be doing damn well with Pop's coaching style. Pop just has to find him more minutes.

word .... when was the last spur big outside of duncan to have a put back dunk & an oop in the same game ... splitter is legit ...