PDA

View Full Version : Spurs have the best record in the NBA

Amuseddaysleeper
12-08-2012, 10:15 PM
It may not mean much in December, but considering the team hasn't had Kawhi or SJax for awhile, it's been pretty impressive how well they're doing so far.

lakerhaterade
12-08-2012, 10:17 PM
They've picked up a little of the groove that got em to 20 straight wins. Gotta keep on riding that groove tbh..........

WeNeedLength
12-08-2012, 10:19 PM
But the Thunder beat them by 45!!

ffadicted
12-08-2012, 10:28 PM

SpursIndonesia
12-08-2012, 10:39 PM

Need to be quoted twice for the sake of the great Debby Downer ...... you know who

dunkman
12-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Pop is a great coach, hopefully he pulls some magic for the playoffs too. The last season run was solid, so there is a chance.

ChuckD
12-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Pop is a great coach, hopefully he pulls some magic for the playoffs too. The last season run was solid, so there is a chance.

Last season ended with one play run by three players over and over and over for four games. Harden with the ball, a double threat to score or create, Durant screening for Westbrook.

Those three players are no longer together. Martin can't run that play. He isn't a creator. Maynor isn't the scoring threat that Harden was, so he can't either.

spursmartyr
12-08-2012, 11:10 PM
It may not mean much in December, but considering the team hasn't had Kawhi or SJax for awhile, it's been pretty impressive how well they're doing so far.

not to mention the SoS, insane back-to-backs, or road vs. home disparity...

spurs1990
12-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Last season ended with one play run by three players over and over and over for four games. Harden with the ball, a double threat to score or create, Durant screening for Westbrook.

Those three players are no longer together. Martin can't run that play. He isn't a creator. Maynor isn't the scoring threat that Harden was, so he can't either.

Hey bro here's hoping both our teams give the league a rematch of 1999.

As far as our record, it has me thinking back to May 2010 when I felt we needed to rebuild after being bounced so easily.
How wrong I was. Magnitude cannot be measured tbh.

JRHernandez88
12-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Spurs with the best record despite having this horrible schedule. Lakers not doing so good with what they were given.

Ahhh, the top feels so much better then the bottom... http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9564/dwight.png

HI-FI
12-08-2012, 11:31 PM

damn good post. i hate all this fools gold shit. of course Spurs have flaws. I still think the league is wanting a Heat repeat so I'm not getting my hopes up, but I hate the fools gold shit i hear. all teams have flaws. OKC seems way less multidimensional now that Harden is gone.
the team I feared teh most in the offseason, the Lakers, has more issues than we do even with their ridiculous salary.

therealtruth
12-09-2012, 12:32 AM

The team has more than enough offense to get by. It's the defense that matters. The good thing is we're missing some of our best defenders so there's a chance for the defense to get better.

Sean Cagney
12-09-2012, 01:25 AM
Yes they have started out hot for once! Usually they start out slow and end up strong! I hope they can keep it up all year, and YES THE PLAYOFFS! I HOPE unlike last year they can finish the job.

Whats funny is the O and execution they had last year late is coming back, this year I have been waiting for it and lately it seems to be making it's way back.
The team has more than enough offense to get by. It's the defense that matters. The good thing is we're missing some of our best defenders so there's a chance for the defense to get better.

I agree and I hope it gets to a good level by the end of the year! MAN that would be sweet!

spurraider21
12-09-2012, 02:35 AM
Real test is coming up tbh. On the road against the Rockets, then back to back against Utah and Portland (keep in mind Utah tends to overachieve at home). We come back home for our second matchup against the Celtics, and then another road back to back at OKC then at Denver. If we can somehow come out of THAT stretch with the league's top record, then I'll celebrate. It is nice right now, though. Always good to have a cushion, however slight

UZER
12-09-2012, 03:04 AM
[QUOTE=Sean Cagney;6233954]Yes they have started out hot for once Usually they start out slow and end up strong! I hope they can keep it up all year, and YES THE PLAYOFFS! I HOPE unlike last year they can finish the job.

Whats funny is the O and execution they had last year late is coming back, this year I have been waiting for it and lately it seems to be making it's way back.

I agree and I hope it gets to a good level by the end of the year! MAN that would be sweet![/QUOTE

Usually Pop snuffs that out with his stupid line ups on purpose.

ItsOnlyDecember
12-09-2012, 04:22 AM
It may not mean much in December,

preach on brotha :toast

TDMVPDPOY
12-09-2012, 04:54 AM
premature ejaculation over team records...lol spursfans

boutons_deux
12-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Pre-Christmas NBA Champions!

maverick1948
12-09-2012, 10:11 AM
12 games left til New Years. Should the Spurs go 9 and 3, then we can start talking about a big year. Starting the new year at 26-7 would be a run at 60 plus wins again this year. We will have the rodeo road trip in Feb, then home sweet home for the majority of the rest of the season. Just keep on playing like they have this year and things will work out. Also, during playoffs DONT SHORTEN THE ROTATE SO MUCH. The bench gets us there, use them to win it all.

Dunk Bonner Dunk!!!!!!!!!!

ChuckD
12-09-2012, 10:18 AM
12 games left til New Years. Should the Spurs go 9 and 3, then we can start talking about a big year. Starting the new year at 26-7 would be a run at 60 plus wins again this year. We will have the rodeo road trip in Feb, then home sweet home for the majority of the rest of the season. Just keep on playing like they have this year and things will work out. Also, during playoffs DONT SHORTEN THE ROTATE SO MUCH. The bench gets us there, use them to win it all.

Dunk Bonner Dunk!!!!!!!!!!
In the regular season, the bench is usually playing against the other bench. I don't think they'd fare so well against the other playoff team's starters, because everyone else is certainly going to shorten THEIR rotation.

KaiRMD1
12-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Spurs with the best record despite having this horrible schedule. Lakers not doing so good with what they were given.

Ahhh, the top feels so much better then the bottom... http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9564/dwight.png

At least Kobe got to 30,000 points so all of Kobe's fans are celebrating about something. :rollin:lol:lmao:chestbump:pimpslap

bigfan
12-09-2012, 07:42 PM
In the words of Mr Wolf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NlrgjgOHrw

Kidd K
12-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Barely best record though. Spurs have been looking a hell of a lot better the last week or so than early season too. No more barely fluking out these wins. Even when the Spurs are down, it's back to the old just feeling it's it's a "matter of time" before they come back and take the game.

Very enjoyable team to watch right now. The early season wins will give Pop more options to rest guys and keep everyone healthy late. I'm pleased with the way things are turned out so far. Pretty much can't have expected much better considering the injuries.

racm
12-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Barely best record though. Spurs have been looking a hell of a lot better the last week or so than early season too. No more barely fluking out these wins. Even when the Spurs are down, it's back to the old just feeling it's it's a "matter of time" before they come back and take the game.

Very enjoyable team to watch right now. The early season wins will give Pop more options to rest guys and keep everyone healthy late. I'm pleased with the way things are turned out so far. Pretty much can't have expected much better considering the injuries.

And the defense hasn't lost a step either.

TampaDude
12-09-2012, 09:44 PM
The only thing that matters is being the first team to 16 wins in the playoffs.