PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Sports Nation Draft Chat Transcript

Kori Ellis
06-28-2005, 11:07 PM
The ShowGirl: (8:22 PM ET ) Raymond Felton is here! Send in your questions!!

Raymond Felton: (8:22 PM ET ) Hello everybody, I'm truly blessed. I'm glad to be a Bobcat! I can't wait to get down there!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sean lewis: will charlotte be a threat with okafore and felton?

Raymond Felton: (8:23 PM ET ) Emeka is a great post player, and he's also got a national championship under his belt. We're definitely going to win some games next year!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gustav Sundling(Sweden): Hey, this question is for Felton. First i wanna congratulate you. My question is this: What do you feel you can contribute to the Bobcats as a point guard when they allready has Knight? Are you going to take this year more of a learning practise or is it far more involved as being nr 1 at the p-guard position?

Raymond Felton: (8:24 PM ET ) I bring quickness, excitement and a guy that hates to lose!

juice: are you happy to stay in NC??

Raymond Felton: (8:25 PM ET ) Definitely, it's close to my hometown and it's close to Chapel Hill!

Costa Rica: ray, you woulda lo9ved LA

Raymond Felton: (8:26 PM ET ) Sorry Lakers fans! Charlotte picked me first, I think I'm in a great situation, but good luck to y'all next year!

Chris (Minnesota): Felton......Do u think you have a shot at rookie of the year like emeka

Raymond Felton: (8:27 PM ET ) Definitely, that's a goal that I'm shooting for. If it happens it happens, but if it doesn't, I just want to go out and win games.

Warriors Rule: Felton... who do you think the Bobcats will pick with the 13th pick?

Raymond Felton: (8:27 PM ET ) Between Sean May and Hakim Warrick.

Stephen(Charlotte): Raymond..great to have you hear in Charlotte! We are looking forward to seeing you for years to come.

Raymond Felton: (8:29 PM ET ) Stephen, I'll see you in Charlotte tomorrow morning!

Raymond Felton: (8:29 PM ET ) Thanks Ray! Charlie is up next!

Charlie Villanueva: (8:31 PM ET ) How you doing everybody?

shandonfan (UT): Charlie, did you even dream about going that high?

Charlie Villanueva: (8:32 PM ET ) this has been a dream come true. I've worked, I came a long way and it paid off. I want to thank the Toronto organization for the privelege to play for them.

chris (toronto): for Villanueva: how do you feel moving to a team that has a hard time attracting/keeping big names? what would you like to accomplish with the raptors?

Charlie Villanueva: (8:33 PM ET ) Going to a new country will be a little different for me, but I'm excited about going to the Raptors, and I'm going to work hard and try to put Toronto on the map!

SonicsFAN: Mr. Villanueva, do you think that you and Chris Bosh will any position conflicts? Or do u see urself as a 3?

Charlie Villanueva: (8:35 PM ET ) I see myself at as a three, but I can play the 3 or the 4. I think I canlearn a lot from Chris and I think we'll compliment each other really well.

Charlie Villanueva: (8:36 PM ET ) Thanks for all the questions ! Channing Frye is next up in here.

The ShowGirl: (8:40 PM ET ) Actually, I think the newest Laker -- Andrew Bynum might beat him here. Send in your questions for A-Byn!

Andrew Bynum: (8:44 PM ET ) Hey what's up, this is Andrew!

GSW HOOP: Andrew,Congrat on making the jump to the NBA. How you feel about playing for the Lakers and in the big city such as Los Angeles? Metuchen to New Jersey!!

Andrew Bynum: (8:46 PM ET ) I feel great! I get to play with Phil Jackson and Kobe -- two of the most winning people in the history ofthe NBA. Hopefully I'll get to be able to get another one of those rings. As for the transition, I'm excited about going from a place with crummy weather to a place where there's sunshine all the time.

Kris: Andrew..Welcome to the Lakers! How do you feel about comparisons made between you and former Laker big man Shaq?

Andrew Bynum: (8:47 PM ET ) I feel good about those comparisions because he's an All-Star, not a sixth string player or anything like that. I do believe that in a couple of years, I'll be a lot like Shaq ..... BUT, I can hit my freethrows.

t-boy: Bynum you have playing against kids smaller than you all your life, how do you feel about playing against MEN bigger than you?

Andrew Bynum: (8:48 PM ET ) There's not much difference because, in the post, its all about footwork. It will definitely be harder, but if I work harder than the next man, I should be fine.

Edward Grant: Welcome to the Lakers Andrew Bynum, What goals are you setting for yourself for your rookie season?

Andrew Bynum: (8:48 PM ET ) To be an impact player and make the rookie-sophomore game.

Bart: Bynum, how does it feel going to LA? ARe you mature enough to handle all the distractions?

Andrew Bynum: (8:49 PM ET ) I believe I am... but only time will tell.

BrandonWayland: Mr. Bynum - Do you think it will be difficult adjusting to the NBA and the big men in the west? Do you feel that college would have prepared you more?

Andrew Bynum: (8:50 PM ET ) College does't really ensure that you will be more mature. So, I feel as though I made the right decision and I'll be the youngest player in the draft forever.

The ShowGirl: (8:50 PM ET ) Channing Frye is up!

Channing Frye: (8:51 PM ET ) Hello.

chris (Middletown): Channing, c'mon man, now you can tell us, was there any doubt that you were coming to NYC????

Channing Frye: (8:52 PM ET ) Yes. There was a little doubt, especially with 6 and 7 interested in me.

NYK Fan: Mr. Frye, I would first like to say that we are so glad to have you in New York. Do you ever think you could do what former Knicks' star center Patrick Ewing did for his team?

Channing Frye: (8:52 PM ET ) I have my own shoes to fill. That's like asking someone to fill Michael Jordan's shoes.

Thefranchize: Channing, How does it feel to be playing in the Big Apple with Stephon Marbury feeding you the ball?

Channing Frye: (8:53 PM ET ) Perfectly fine, I feel great, this is a blessing andI need to take advantage of it every day!

NY Nick: Mr. Frye - How do you think you'll be able to handle the distractions of the Big Apple?

Channing Frye: (8:54 PM ET ) I definitely think so ... I don't know how to get to all the bowling allies you all have in New York ... yet!

Channing Frye: (8:54 PM ET ) I have to move to New York! It's expensive!

Jonny I: Mr. Frye, many NCAA fans claim that you were not an integral piece of your Arizona basketball team during the last two years. Instead, the focus has been on a guy like stoudamire. What do you say to those people who do not think you can be a big part of a winning team?

Channing Frye: (8:55 PM ET ) Basically, look at the stats. I feel that now that i've left, I've left my legacy as one of the best big men at U of A.

Channing Frye: (8:56 PM ET ) Goodbye dessert ... hello dirty water hotdogs.

Marvin Williams: (8:56 PM ET ) Hey everybody!

Marvin Williams: (8:57 PM ET ) Hey, I'm very excited.

Dylan(missouri): what up marvin, do you think that you will be able to contribute right away or do you think that this year will be a learning year for you?

Marvin Williams: (8:59 PM ET ) It will definitely bea learning experience for me, and all the other rookies, but I'm hoping I'll be able to contribute! I'm looking forward having fun!

Colin (Houston): Marvin, many critics have said that you don't have the mean streak, or the attitude for the NBA, I see your personality as a sign of maturity, how do you approach the nay-sayers about your desire?

Marvin Williams: (9:00 PM ET ) They can judge me however they want to judge. I'm a nice guy off the court, I don't think that will hurt me in the NBA at all. I'm a different guy between the lines.

Dan: What will it feel like to you playing in a division with a team in Charlotte with 2 of your UNC teammates?

Marvin Williams: (9:01 PM ET ) I'm definitely excited. I'm really happen for Sean and Ray. I'm glad we'll be able to stay together and play together.

CelticsFan: Marvin, Atlanta's a really young team with some exciting players like yourself...guys like josh childress, josh smith and al harrington. how do you feel about playing with such a young team?

Marvin Williams: (9:02 PM ET ) I'm excited, I'll definitely fit in there. We're all learning the game of basketball so we can do it together. It will be a lot of fun.

claire/evan: marvin- do u hate duke??

Marvin Williams: (9:02 PM ET ) I do not hate Duke. We hang out a lot off the court, actually. People don't even know that.

Erik: Is it hard to go from a winning team to a team in a rebuilding stage?

Marvin Williams: (9:03 PM ET ) It will be tough, Atlanta did have a tough season last year and we had a great national title season. So, sure, it will be an adjustment and just another part of the learning experience.

bobby: marvin, do you have a shoe contract yet?

Marvin Williams: (9:04 PM ET ) Not yet! I'm still in the process.

Marvin Williams: (9:04 PM ET ) I'm very excited to be in Atlanta, I'm a young guy and I'll try to go down there and turn the program around!

Fran Vazquez: (9:05 PM ET ) Fran Vazquez is up next!

The ShowGirl: (9:05 PM ET ) Orlando, let's hear it for your new boy!

jeff: Hey Fran you are the man

Fran Vazquez: (9:07 PM ET ) Hello guys!

Mikel: Fran qué sientes al saber que acabas de hacer historia al ser el primer jugador gallego en llegar a la NBA? Saludos desde Vizcaya

Fran Vazquez: (9:09 PM ET ) moita ledicia,ningures pensei que acontecese, estou reaknente feliz

khriz orlando florida: fran welcome to orlando is disney the first place you will visit when you arrive here?

Fran Vazquez: (9:12 PM ET ) First the gym, and after that, of course, Mickey and his friends! See you in Orlando!

Rashad McCants: (9:13 PM ET ) Rashad McCants is on his way!

Rashad McCants: (9:13 PM ET ) Hello everyone, Rashad here, thank you for your support.

Erik P.: Hey Rashad, congrtulations. What's it like. You are unofficially an NBA player.

Rashad McCants: (9:14 PM ET ) This is a dream come true. It's quite unbelieveable to be in this position. You never think that you can actually do it, but when it's actually done, it's like -- you're in heaven.

Aaron: Hey Rashad, how do you feel about getting to stay in NC?

Rashad McCants: (9:15 PM ET ) You thinking of Sean, Aaron!

Andrew B.: Congrats, what is it going to be like to play with K.G. in Minnesota?

Rashad McCants: (9:16 PM ET ) It's a great opportunity to play with a great veteran player and one of the best in the NBA and with coach Casey, I think this is a great opportunity.

steve M: It's cold in Minnesota!

Rashad McCants: (9:16 PM ET ) I got a lot of warm clothing. I'm used to the cold weather being in New Hampshire in prep school for two years!

ballaholic: Mr. MCCants do you feel you have something to prove to the teams who passed on a player of your callibor

Rashad McCants: (9:17 PM ET ) You know, I think it's much deserved. I get in where I fit in, I'm definitely going to take advantage of this opportunity as much as possible.

Mr. Texas: Mr. Mccants, how have your experiences at UNC prepared you for the NBA?

Rashad McCants: (9:18 PM ET ) Being at UNC three years and going through the ups and down has definitely prepared me to win games through tough times and perservere and win the championship.

Jeff J: Mr Rashad Mcants you are truly a superstar in the making

Rashad McCants: (9:19 PM ET ) I won't let you down, brother.

Rashad McCants: (9:20 PM ET ) I had fun chatting with you guys. Thanks for your support, I definitely look forward to entertaining you guys in Minnesota!

Martell Webster: (9:21 PM ET ) Hey everybody. Im next on the hotseat.

whitewater: hey mr martell

Martell Webster: (9:22 PM ET ) Hey, how you doing out there? I'm great to finally be in the NBA it's a childhood dream of mine. I'm fortunate to come out of high school. I'm looking forward to being a Trailblazer.

Mr. Machado: Are you looking foward to being part of the young nucleus in Portland?

Martell Webster: (9:24 PM ET ) Definitely. Im looking forward to playing with Sebastian and Travis. Throughout the course of our careers, we should be able to form a tight chemistry with one and other.

jos(korea): first of all congratulation..and how u feel about taken 6th by portland, and r u surprise about taken before Green??

Martell Webster: (9:25 PM ET ) Yes, I'm definitely surprised. I didn't even know I was going to go before. I thought he'd go 4 or 5. I think he's still on the board ... nope, he just went to Boston. I had no idea where I was going today, anywhere between 1-8. And I was content with that.

Chris Paul: (9:26 PM ET ) Hey, how y'all doing!

John: Chris Pual to be Rookie of the year followed up by Marvin Williaws

Chris Paul: (9:28 PM ET ) To be rookie of the year will be a tough challenge, but I think I can overcome it. I'll beat out Marvin.

mike: cp3 nice new beamer

Chris Paul: (9:29 PM ET ) I appreciate it, now I'm not going to have to get a new one because I've got CP3 in the headrests!

Jordan: Congrats, Chris. I like your attitude. Do you think the Jazz made a mistake?

Chris Paul: (9:30 PM ET ) I don't think they made a mistake, I'm real good friends with Deron, but there will always be a sour taste in my mouth.

Umut (Turkey): Chris Paul: How do you feel about working with the other two PGs at the Hornets? Is there going to be competition?

Chris Paul: (9:31 PM ET ) Of course there will be competition. I'm hoping there will be. A great competitor always brings out the best in you.

Sean: I heard that Deron and you had head to head workouts the last week or so. Is that true?

Chris Paul: (9:32 PM ET ) Nope. Not true.

Chris Paul: (9:32 PM ET ) I'm off. Thanks folks. Deron Williams is next.

Deron Williams: (9:33 PM ET ) What up to everybody out there watching the draft!

Charlee: Deron, how do you feel about going 3 and Chris going 4? Do you think that will lead to bitterness between the two of you?

Deron Williams: (9:34 PM ET ) I think that on the court, we'll definitely have a rivalry, but off the court, we're cool, we're good friends and there is no bitterness there. I'm happy for him and I think Chris is happy for me.

tom: Are you Ready to fill John Stockton's Shorts?

Deron Williams: (9:36 PM ET ) I think I'm too big to fit into those shorts! But, I'm definitely honored to be on the same court and to be in the same uniform as John, because, he is one of the greatest point guards ever.

Andrew Bogut: (9:36 PM ET ) G'day.

Timmy (toronto): Andrew, congratulations! Was their any doubt in your mind that you would go No. 1 tonight??

Andrew Bogut: (9:37 PM ET ) A little bit, the Bucks wouldn't give us the word. I found out about the same time you guys found out.

Matt (Melbourne, Australia): Andrew, just wanted to be the 1st person from your home town of Endeavour Hills to congratulate you. Will follow your career with great interest.

Andrew Bogut: (9:38 PM ET ) Thanks for the support, I'm hoping you guys can promote basketball down there as much as I have.

Nathan from Australia: Andrew, if you had the chance, would you take back those comments you made earlier today about Australian basketball players?

Andrew Bogut: (9:39 PM ET ) The comments were taken out of context and for guys like Gaze, Heal, and Longwie I would not be here today. Those guys know that.

tiffany: Congratulations, Andrew. I'm from West Virginia, but I have always followed your games frequently throughout the past and you'll bring great talent to Milwaukee.

Andrew Bogut: (9:41 PM ET ) Thank you, I can't wait to be a part of a great organization like the Milwaukee Bucks. ... I hear you have great custard, too.

dan (slc): Bogs what up. i was at every game this year. I hear Rookie of the you what about you?

Andrew Bogut: (9:42 PM ET ) It would definitely be an honor, but it's team first, and my goal is to try and get Milwaukee back into the playoffs.

mknudy: hey andrew, way to go. did you play rugby when you were a kid? if so, what position?

Andrew Bogut: (9:43 PM ET ) I used to mess around with some friends that played rugby, but, I'm more of an Australian rules football and soccer guy.

bogutfan: who's better andrew, you or duncan?

Andrew Bogut: (9:44 PM ET ) Tim Duncan is definitely better at the moment. But, hopefully one day, I can emulate him and all that he's done in the NBA.

Justin Hein: Andrew - Fosters or Miller Light?

Andrew Bogut: (9:45 PM ET ) I'm still 20! I can't answer that on behalf of Miller, but on behalf of Fosters, I'm not a fan.

Scott (Brisbane, Australia): Hey Andrew, awesome work coming in at No. 1, you have injected a spark of inspiration into all the young aspiring ballers down-under.... BRING ON 2005-2006!!!

Andrew Bogut: (9:46 PM ET ) It's definitely exciting to be the new poster boy of Australian basketball and it's great to follow in the steps of the greats that have played in the NBA. See you in Milwaukee!

Gerald Green: (9:47 PM ET ) I'm glad to be a Celtic.

Matt from Philadelphia: Go Celtics!! WE got a steal in Green! YES!

Gerald Green: (9:48 PM ET ) I feel great! I feel really great. I'm so thankful to be in the NBA and I know that something special is going to happen in Boston. I'm glad to be a part of that.

Kyle from Chicago : Gerald u got some hops, like 39 in. leap how do u get up so high?

Gerald Green: (9:49 PM ET ) I don't know, it just happens! I'm blessed with it.

Edward: Gerald, why do you think you fell to the 18th pick? You were predicted to be in the top 5.

Gerald Green: (9:49 PM ET ) Everything happens for a reason. We're going to find out why I ended up in Boston ... like I said, I know something great is going to happen.

Brad (LA): Green, you are the steal of this draft. In a few years you will be a star and be the best player out of this draft. Good luck in Boston. Wish you were in LA.

Gerald Green: (9:50 PM ET ) Thanks.

steven in tulsa: any doubts about not going to oklahoma state?

Gerald Green: (9:51 PM ET ) Oklahoma State is always going to be the school I root for. Even though I didn't go there, it will always be a part of me. No regrets.

Dave: Gerald, we are blessed that you fell into our laps. Do you plan to take some family members (mom?) with you to help adjust to life in a new city. The City of Champions!!!!

Gerald Green: (9:53 PM ET ) Yes, my AAU coach will probably come with me -- he's like my family. I'm very excited about heading to Boston, I can't wait to get down there.

Mr. Texas: Gerald, do you have any comment on the new CBA which prohibits 18 year olds from entering the draft?

Gerald Green: (9:54 PM ET ) I think it was a pretty good decision. Any decision that the NBA makes is going to be a great one.

Gerald Green: (9:54 PM ET ) Danny Granger is up next!

Danny Granger: (9:55 PM ET ) Hello.

Robb (NY): Danny,Congrats... Indiana got a steal. How do you feel playing with Artest and Steph Jackson? They share your position.

Danny Granger: (9:56 PM ET ) I feel really good about my position. I think I slipped far in the draft, but I'm grateful for going to a great winning team in Indiana. I hope to contribute to the organization in any way that I can.

Marc: Congrats Danny. What will be the hardest part of entering the NBA?

Danny Granger: (9:57 PM ET ) Adjusting to the physicality of the NBA and the travel schedule. It's definitely a different type of lifestyle.

Indian Fan: Danny do you feel like your stong outside shooting is just what Indiana needs to get them to the next level?

Danny Granger: (9:58 PM ET ) Definitely, I think my shooting willl help the team, along with my defensive capabilities. And, I'm a senior, so I think my experience will help me a lot.

YooB: Danny, do you believe you would be able to fill the absence of Reggie?

Danny Granger: (9:59 PM ET ) I think it's hard to immediately fill the role of such a Hall of Fame player like Reggie Miller, but I think that with a lot of hard work and the continued development of my skills, I will try to do what he did.

Lennie (Grand Rapids, MI): Danny, does becoming a Pacer automatically make you start hating the Pistons! :-)

Danny Granger: (10:00 PM ET ) No. I think it's a respectful rivalry. I'm excited to compete in it!

Dustin from Kentucky: Hey Danny, how would you describe your game to fans here in the East who probably didn't get to see you play as often on TV?

Danny Granger: (10:01 PM ET ) I'm a very versatile player, I can play 2-3 positions, I'm a capable defender and I'll do anything to help my team win.

Stewart: Danny, there have been several players going to the draft from smaller schools. Anything to say about New Mexico?

Danny Granger: (10:02 PM ET ) I think New Mexico was a great place to place. We didn't get as much media exposure as teams in the East but we have a good program and I highly advise anyone to go check it out. Sean May is here!

Danny Granger: (10:02 PM ET ) Thanks for all of your support, I look forward to being an Indiana Pacer!

Sean May: (10:04 PM ET ) Hey guys, thanks for joining me. Gimme some questions, Charlotte!

Mr. Texas: Sean, are you excited to be staying in North Carolina or would youhave appreciated a change in loaction?

Sean May: (10:05 PM ET ) I'm definitely excited. It's a great opportunity, I just need some fans to come out and watch us!

T Heekin(Jacksonville): Sean, it must be a dream come true to wind up in NC, but really, weren't you eyeing your home state of indiana's 17th overall pick?

Sean May: (10:06 PM ET ) I didn't want to get down that low! I was eyeing Charlotte the whole time! My safety net was New Jersey ... but if I had ended up in Indiana, I would have played just as hard.

TarHeel Alum: Sean,Congrats and best of luck. We'll miss you here in Chapel Hill, but will be rooting for you and Raymond to win another championship together in Charlotte! Don't forget to get back to Chapel Hill during the offseasons!

Sean May: (10:07 PM ET ) It's great for Raymond and I to have the relationship that we have on and off the court and to take it to the next level of the NBA -- in North Carolina -- life can't get any better!!

Jason: Sean - I think it will be a hell of a combo with you and Okafor in the paint. What is your opinion of your soon to be teammate and how long do you think it will be before Charlotte gets to the playoffs?

Sean May: (10:08 PM ET ) Both of our abilities is rebounding the basketball, it will be huge and hard for other teams to stop. I've never played with another big man before, I'm really excited about playing with Emeka.

T Heekin(Jacksonville): Sean May-Rookie of the year?

Sean May: (10:09 PM ET ) Sounds good to me ... I love the sound of that.

Tisha (CA): Sean, uve been on a winning time during your college days, wouldnt it be an adjustment to play for a team thats on a rebuilding process?

Sean May: (10:10 PM ET ) Basically the same situation I came into my freshman year. It's going to take time but the Bobcats organization always competes, and through time, Charlotte will be fine and on top of the game.

Radha: Marvin Williams with 1 year of college experience goes 2nd. What do you think of that?

Sean May: (10:11 PM ET ) It's a business. It's what the team needed, what they liked, what they saw. Is it justified? No, but they saw potential.

Sean May: (10:13 PM ET ) Alright, I'm off, I'll see y'all back in NC!!

The ShowGirl: (10:14 PM ET ) Alright, I don't know who will be next. I'll keep you posted. How y'all doing out there??

T Heekin(Jacksonville): swweeeet

Ryan: great except i cant get a post

The ShowGirl: (10:18 PM ET ) Hakim is here!

Mike (Saratoga NY): Hakim do you thing you deserved to go higher then 19th, i sure as hell do, I wish Boston took you at 18th even though you were top 10

Hakim Warrick: (10:19 PM ET ) I'm just happy to be in the NBA. I thought I was going to go a lot higher, but I'm looking forward to prove to the teams that didn't take me, show them what they're missing.

Tallon: Hakim, do you see your future in the NBA at the 3 or the 4? Congrats on the big day, and I got no doubt youll show up the teams that passed on you.

Hakim Warrick: (10:20 PM ET ) I think I can play both the 3 and the 4. Being able to play both positions just means more time on the floor for me.

Matt (in Japan): Congrats Hakim! You plan on hittin' the weight room to bulk up some?

Hakim Warrick: (10:21 PM ET ) Yeah, it's something I've been working on and something I will have the opportunity to continue to work on in my next couple of years in the NBA.

Ryan: Hakim, congrats on going to Memphis, the fit seems perfect- you ready to run?

Hakim Warrick: (10:22 PM ET ) Yea, I'm definitely ready to run. That's really my style, I look forward to getting up and down and utilizing jumping ability.

jeff (Chi-town): WHo would win in a game of one-on0one, you or 'Melo?

Hakim Warrick: (10:22 PM ET ) I've gotta say me. I beat him a couple of times already. I actually talked to him a couple of hours ago ... he said, whenever I'm ready! I'm looking forward to it!

troy in ct: Hakim how great did it feel to get such a great reception from the home crowd after being the last one left in the room?

Hakim Warrick: (10:23 PM ET ) It felt good. I just felt that they were all really excited for me and I was just happy I was able to have this and have my family and friends here with me.

Bmoc: Hey Hakim... Congrat's! What would you say is the biggest thing you learned at 'Cuse?

Hakim Warrick: (10:24 PM ET ) Just to work hard and continue to get better every year. That's something I can definitely take with me to the next level.

sparks: finally we get someone who can dunk, i cant wait to watch u rise on everyone next year, i called it earlier rookie of the year

Hakim Warrick: (10:25 PM ET ) Thanks sparks. I really look forward to going down in Memphis and hopefully I can bring some more excitement to the team.

Tony (NYC): Hakim, slam dunk competition? Can we get a commitment now? Yes or no?

Hakim Warrick: (10:25 PM ET ) (laughing) I don't know, it's not up to me right now. We'll have to wait and see how the season goes!

Hakim Warrick: (10:25 PM ET ) (laughing) I don't know, it's not up to me right now. We'll have to wait and see how the season goes!

Hoon: Hakim, it's been a joy seeing you run the court throwing down some jams. Ready to catch some crazy lobs from Jason Williams?

Hakim Warrick: (10:27 PM ET ) Jason is a really exciting point guard, he is reallly going to help me bring the best out of my game. I'm really excited to go play with him.
Thanks for the time and for your support.

Patrick: Congrats, Hakim! Memphis has a great player to build a franchise with!

Chantel (The 'Cuse): Can a girl get a question in over all these guys?!? I'm sure Hak is happy to be going to the Grizzlies (although you should have been higher), but what are you're thoughts on almost being able to be a Nugget with 'Melo? Good Luck out there...i'm sure you'll do them good. Try to convince them for a pre-season game at the Dome maybe. Nuggets vs Grizzlies?? Go Hak!! Hak Fan

The ShowGirl: (10:29 PM ET ) Good point there, Chantel! Melo vs. Hak in '06!

jwall: warrick awesome player Pippen like skills

The ShowGirl: (10:33 PM ET ) Julius is here ... and by far the best dressed!

Julius Hodge: (10:34 PM ET ) Hey everybody.

Maricela from CA : Wow! Julius...Congrats in making it in the NBA....How do you feel? Are you ready for Denver? I will always remember all the games at State but in particular, the defeat against DUKE, two years ago...Denver is a nice city...is a bit like NC.. We will remember you at NC State and the great heart you have for basketball...Keep that passion in the NBA and have fun as you did at NC State. Congrats again, see dreams do come true when you play with your heart. SEE YOU AT A GAME SOON!!!

Julius Hodge: (10:35 PM ET ) Thank you. It's a great feeling. Jubilation when I heard my name called and picked by the Nuggets. My brother has been telling me for two weeks, ''Denver, Denver, Denver!'' He had a gut feeling, a premonition as people call it. I told him, big bro, you don't know. I didn't know, but here I am and I feel like this is definitely the best fit for me.

Jeff from Ann Arbor: Congrats! Julius. I'm glad to see someone like yourself who played the game the right way get rewarded with a first round draft. Although you can play multiple positions, which do you think will best suit you under Coach Karl? Look forward to it!!

Julius Hodge: (10:37 PM ET ) I think that under Coach Karl -- the young humorous guy he is -- the best position for me will be on the court. I see myself as a guy who can play multiple positions, whatever he wants me to do. If he wants me to run through a brick wall, I'm willing to do it. I feel like this is the best suit for me ....and I'm not talking about my suit!

Jenzen: Julius, what you wearin?

Julius Hodge: (10:38 PM ET ) I'm wearin a creme suit with a mint shirt with some Italian cut shoes. I knew, more than anything, not where I'd be drafted, but that I'd be the best dressed guy on the night. I almost went with a lime shirt, but my mom liked this one. That's what counts!

Wonderboy: Hey Julius, do you have an NBA nickname ready for us?

Julius Hodge: (10:39 PM ET ) I'm just the Jules of Harlem on my way to stardom ...

John: julius, how are you feeling going to the nba to play alongside with melo?

Julius Hodge: (10:40 PM ET ) It's definitely a great opportunity, he's a great young player. I'm going to have to be ready every night and everyday in practice. I think we'll play well together. He is a young guy, very likable, we are already friends so I think it's going to work real well.

knickerbocker1: Julius how do you feel about playing with Jarrett Jack?

Julius Hodge: (10:42 PM ET ) Jarret Jack was always one of the players in the league that I always loved to watch well. He was asking me before the draft where I was going. He said, 'Julius, where you going, I want to chill with you!'' Now, here we go. It's a great feeling and he's a hardworking guy so I think it will work out real well for the two of us together in Denver.

smcrawfo: Julius, everyone here at state is so proud of you! We'll miss seeing you play at the RBC center but will continue to watch you play for Denver! Good LUck with everything!

Julius Hodge: (10:44 PM ET ) Thank you for the support. My four years at NCState were great. I'll miss you, but don't feel so bad because you have Cedric and Gavin ... and my boy Little Head Ced you're going to have the highlights from now on. Everybody, thanks for logging on, it's definitely been great. Thank you!

Antoine Wright: (10:45 PM ET ) Hey everybody. What's up to A&M -- all my people!

Wright-man: Hey there, Showgirl... Any chance of seeing Antoine W. on chat?

Antoine Wright: (10:46 PM ET ) What's up man. What's going on!

Joey Fighting Texas Aggie 04': Antoine....Congrats on the selection always good to see an Aggie succeed. The 15th pick is good but do you regret not spending another year with Billy Clyde and possibly a NCAA playoff run to boost that draft status into the top 10? I mean just look what Billy Clyde did for you and the Aggies in one season.

Antoine Wright: (10:47 PM ET ) Nah, I don't regret anything. I had a good run down there and got the program back on track, and now, I look forward to seeing them do great things.

Drew(Bermuda) : Antoine....What will it be like to go from a college team where you were the focal point of the offense....to the Nets where you'll be a role player alongside Kidd, Carter, adn Jefferson?

Antoine Wright: (10:48 PM ET ) It definitely takes the pressure off me. Going to play with a point guard like that, you just try to work on fitting in instead of being the man.

MiamiHeater: Antoine, are you going to let Vince dunk on you? Or vice cerse?

Antoine Wright: (10:49 PM ET ) (laughing) I'm gonna do my best!

Matt (maryland): hey antoine ... i've been watching NBA.com's inverview coverage all night ... and just wanted to say you were the best well spoken player! good luck in the pros!

Antoine Wright: (10:50 PM ET ) Thanks, Matt.

Andy (Kansas): Antoine, you are one of those firey guys that plays tough how do think that will affect your game in the NBA with alot more of the stronger players

Antoine Wright: (10:51 PM ET ) I think it will help me. Definitely coming off the bench and making an impact and riding th energy. Especially on the defensive end.

JJ (from the N.O.): antoine, what do you have to say to all those u.t. fans out there who didn't believe in you?

Antoine Wright: (10:52 PM ET ) I don't want to say too much. But, just ask them who was the first guy to get picked out of the Big-12. What do they have to say now?

Cdog: Congrats Antoine. What do you think Jerseys future looks like now that your part of the franchise

Antoine Wright: (10:53 PM ET ) I'm excited about the future. We'll have Jefferson back healthy. Jason Kidd will have a lot of options! Hopefully I can come in and play an immediate role.

Antoine Wright: (10:53 PM ET ) I'm ready to work! See you all across the river!

Ian Mahinmi: (10:54 PM ET ) Hey everybody. Hello from the newest Spur.

Ian Mahinmi: (10:55 PM ET ) Hello!

Dan: Ian, how does it feel to be playing with the newest champions? Do you feel blessed to learn from Duncan and Ginobili?

Ian Mahinmi: (10:56 PM ET ) I feel really really happy to play with these kinds of players. I think that's a dream come true to play with a player like Tim and Ginobili. I'm really, really happy.

Richie (NC): How does it feel to go to a champions team?

Ian Mahinmi: (10:57 PM ET ) I'm really proud. For sure, a team like that has really, really good guys. I am very proud of that.

Bruno: Does the fact that the Spurs have multiple international players make it an easier transisition for you?

Ian Mahinmi: (10:58 PM ET ) Yes. For me, you feel like a familiar sentiment.

Chris: Hi Ian! Congratualtions on being selected by my Spurs! Are you going to stay in Europe longer, or are you coming over to play for the Spurs next season?

Ian Mahinmi: (10:59 PM ET ) I think I'm going to stay with my team in France for a year or two to get some more experience.

Marco (from HK): Ian, are you ready to have a ring on your hand?

Ian Mahinmi: (10:59 PM ET ) Yeah! I think everybody is ready for a ring!

Ben: Congrats Ian, tell us a little about your game and what you can bring to the table in San Antonio?

Ian Mahinmi: (11:00 PM ET ) I'm a really defensive team player, I like to bring a lot of rebounds ... making some great blocks ... and doing the maximum to help my team on defense.

tony'france): 2 FRANCAIS aux spurs c trop cool danc combien de temps compte tu venir a san antonio

Ian Mahinmi: (11:03 PM ET ) je compte rester une annee de plus ou deux avant de venir

Ryan (Milwaukee): Congraduatlions Ian, what are some differences you have noticed in US basketball from what you started with?

Ian Mahinmi: (11:05 PM ET ) The difference? It's not the same style of play. Here, the play is more athletic, they are shooters, there is more pressure, there is more money -- that's really, really different. You got a lot of fans, compared to France, it's very different.

Ersan Ilyasova: (11:06 PM ET ) Hey everybody

Ersan Ilyasova: (11:07 PM ET ) Hello everybody.

JackHammer: Congrats on the pick dude..

Ersan Ilyasova: (11:08 PM ET ) I feel great right now. I'm very happy, it doesn't matter which pick I am, I want to play in the NBA. I want to stay in the NBA, be a part of the team and have a career there.

Denis ( Sao Paulo, Brazil ): Hey!!! Excited about playig with Bogut??

Ersan Ilyasova: (11:09 PM ET ) It is very exciting to play with Andrew. We are both young players and we will bring a lot to the team. Make Milwaukee a very new and exciting team. A new look.

Miguel: Yo Ersan! Tell us about the differences between Turkish ballers and our ballers here in the states.

Ersan Ilyasova: (11:11 PM ET ) The European players and Turkish players are more technical players. American players are better athletes. Their ability to jump and their quickness is different. Turkish and European players are more technically smart.

e-smiLe: (TURKISH)Ersan nasilsin? eski takim arkadasin zaza pachulia ile oynamak nasil bir duygu? Hemen gidecek misin Milwaukee'ye?

Ersan Ilyasova: (11:12 PM ET ) I know Pachulia, I am very happy to play onthe same team as him. I really want to come to Milwaukee directly. I don't want to lose any time.

$hawn: I have been to Turkey, it's quite different than the U.S. Are you nervous about the culture shock?

Ersan Ilyasova: (11:15 PM ET ) I was here for the last month. This is not easy for me, but I'm trying to learn about American culture. I will learn quickly, I need another few months and I will be OK. Of course, this is very different than Turkey.

Jarrett Jack: (11:16 PM ET ) It's a great feeling to be picked in the first round. Getting traded surrounds with with a little uncertainty, but I'm just excited to get to my team and play!

gtspamo: Jarrett, congrats on the draft, as a GT alum I (and my friends) will sincerely miss watching you on the court. What advice do you have for the underclassmen at GT for the upcoming season?

Jarrett Jack: (11:18 PM ET ) Just come in and play hard. They have a lot of ability, the only questions that surround them is leadership. I think if somebody assumes that role, I think they'll do a good job next.

Steve(Pittsburgh, PA): Jarrett, Congrats on the pick. Are you excited for the chance to play with Carmello Anthony?

Jarrett Jack: (11:19 PM ET ) Maybe in the All-Star game!

Burt: Do you feel you can bring some sound leadership to all of the youngins up there in P'land?

Jarrett Jack: (11:20 PM ET ) Definitely, they've got two high school guys they drafted last year, and even their veterans are kind of young. So, I think we all together can get this thing moving in the right direction.

Gary(Hotlanta): YO JARRETT 8TH STREET WEST APARTMENTS IN THE HOUSE! Do you think Zam can fill your shoes at GT?

Jarrett Jack: (11:21 PM ET ) Zam is a guy that will take his lumps as a lot is put on his shoulders this year. But he's definitely a guy that can lead those guys in the right direction.

Blazerfan22: Hey Jarrett...are you excited to get to play with telfair...do you think you guys can push each other to become better?

Jarrett Jack: (11:22 PM ET ) Definitely, he is one of the exciting young guys in the league. I head to Porland tomorrow morning, I'm anxious to get playing with him.

Jarrett Jack: (11:22 PM ET ) Definitely, he is one of the exciting young guys in the league. I head to Porland tomorrow morning, I'm anxious to get playing with him.

dhaiwat: jarrett, do you think you would play better in a denver uniform or portland? where would you have prefered?

Jarrett Jack: (11:23 PM ET ) Denver has two guards already and Portland has a coaching situation. So, the two are very different, if I had my choice, I'd probably say Portland, but I'm not really sure.

George(GT Student): Congrats Jarrett. We will surely miss you. God be with you in everything you do.

Jarrett Jack: (11:24 PM ET ) Thank you. I really enjoyed my whole experience at Georgia Tech, the fans, the coaches, I'll really miss everything at the college level. Stick with me!

Mile Ilic: (11:25 PM ET ) Hey everybody ...

Mile Ilic: (11:25 PM ET ) Hello from the newest Net.

Kyle (NJ): Mile, Any chance you're playing in the states this season?

Mile Ilic: (11:27 PM ET ) It depends on the terms of negotiations.

Wolverine: Congrats Mile! Tell some of us a little about your game.

Mile Ilic: (11:28 PM ET ) I play similar to Nenad Krstic. ... If you know who he is.

PittPanther: Mile,congrats. Are you looking foward to playing with Jason Kidd?

Mile Ilic: (11:29 PM ET ) Yeeeeaaah. (smile)

$hawn: Hi Mile, do you have a nickname picked out for your NBA debut?

ASA: mile...how excited are you to play in the NBA?

Mile Ilic: (11:30 PM ET ) Very excited. Not nervous.

Mile Ilic: (11:31 PM ET ) Not any more.

Jake: Mile, what is it like to finally get picked after waiting all this time?

Mile Ilic: (11:31 PM ET ) I was a nervous wreck. ... but not anymore!

zain: hey mile, wut number do u want for ur jersey

Mile Ilic: (11:32 PM ET ) 33 or 3 or 9!

Mile Ilic: (11:32 PM ET ) See you soon, New Jersey fans!

Martynas Andriuskevicius: (11:33 PM ET ) Hello!

Martynas Andriuskevicius: (11:35 PM ET ) I feel perfect! ... I'm tired. I just had breakfast today.

SJS: Are you going to play in the NBA directly

Martynas Andriuskevicius: (11:36 PM ET ) I don't know my timeframe yet. It's seven hours to my country from Chicago. I'm not sure when I'll arrive in Orlando!

Haynes : Hello Martynas, I understand that you are a big man, do you play like one. Some International players play a small ball game. That isn't you is it?

Martynas Andriuskevicius: (11:36 PM ET ) You can say any words about me. If you want to understand about me and my game, you must see how I play.

Mickey: Hey Martynas great to have you at Orlando! Do you think that theyre going to be able to fit your name on your jersey?

Martynas Andriuskevicius: (11:37 PM ET ) I don't know ... maybe I'll have to take a couple sizes bigger for my jersey.

liudas (lithuania): sveikinu martynai! nenusivylei labai kad tik 44tas?

Martynas Andriuskevicius: (11:38 PM ET ) Whatever. The NBA is the NBA. I can't be dissapointed about going 44.

Martynas Andriuskevicius: (11:38 PM ET )

Jeff (Los Angeles): Hey Martynas! Wellwellwell, you have been a underrated player in today's draft, a lot of people said you were going to be in the first 10 picks, people even said you were the second best power forward under Marvin Williams. But it ended up that you were the 44th pick. Did they prove you wrong? Or are you going to prove them wrong and how?

Martynas Andriuskevicius: (11:39 PM ET ) They'll know when they see me play.

Deggo: Martynas, are you going to go to DisneyWorld tomorrow?

Martynas Andriuskevicius: (11:39 PM ET ) I don't know. I don't have plans yet! Someday! If coach gives me free time!

Martynas Andriuskevicius: (11:40 PM ET ) Guys, thanks for all the questions, now I'm tired, I'm going to sleep!

Ronny Turiaf: (11:40 PM ET ) Hey everybody

Ronny Turiaf: (11:41 PM ET ) Hey, how you guys doing?

Kurt: Hey Ronny how does it feel to play with Coach Jackson in LA?

Ronny Turiaf: (11:42 PM ET ) I want to say that it is just a great opportunity to learn from one of the greatest coaches and teachers ever. I'm looking forward to getting all of the knowlege out of him. I want to get better.

jacob: hey ronny are you excited to play with kobe

Ronny Turiaf: (11:43 PM ET ) This is going to be a great opportunity for me to play with a great guard that will help me become a better basketball player. I'm excited to be on the bench and on his team and not have to play against him on the highlights on ESPN.

Waynie (Bermuda): Ronny how do you feel about being a second round pick? Do you personally think your stock should have risen over pre-draft workouts?

Ronny Turiaf: (11:44 PM ET ) This is a great opportunity for me to be in such a professional and well-respected organization. I couldn't have asked for a better organization to play for because of the output that could come out of it. My stock is where it should of been because my future was already reeling a couple of years back.

Dustin (Waco, Texas): Ronny, could you talk about the Lakers chances of returning to the playoffs next year?

Ronny Turiaf: (11:46 PM ET ) The Lakers just missed the playoff last year because of injuries. Once everybody gets together and starts getting their timing down, the Lakers are going to be a tough organization to beat. I already feel a part of this organization and I'm excited to help them in any way to acheive this goal.

GG (SF): Ronny, do you realize you just participated in the greatest "sports name" draft in history? Do you have any ideas on what your nickname should be?

Ronny Turiaf: (11:47 PM ET ) Ro-Ro! That's what people call me at home.

Bballfanatic: Hey Ronny, How do you feel your experience at Gonzaga prepared you for the league with all the upsets you were able to pull and then being upset last year.

Ronny Turiaf: (11:48 PM ET ) Throughout my career at Gonzaga, I played against really tough competition in the non-conference schedule as well as the NCAA Tournament. I proved myself against these tough competitors and I'm excited to raise my game to another notch. This should be interesting!

Micka Gelabale: (11:49 PM ET ) Hey from the newest Sonic!

The ShowGirl: (11:51 PM ET ) Did you guys know that the real translation of GELABALE is ''I got the ball'. Phonetically, it's exactly that. ....The funny thing is, says his translator, that he isa team player and actually distributes the ball.

Micka Gelabale: (11:52 PM ET ) Like usual, I'm calm. I don't get stressed. The streess was last Sunday playing for Real Madrid in the Tou Vittoria.

thomas heekin: congrats tell us about your style of play

Micka Gelabale: (11:53 PM ET ) My specialty is defense. I guard on the backcourt. My offensive game is getting better and better. I can play above the rim. I won the slam dunk contest in Spain the first year I got there.

Mam(france): salut micka , avec tous les free agents chez les sonics, il y a de grandes chances que tu réussisses à t'imposer , qu'en penses-tu?

Micka Gelabale: (11:54 PM ET ) Salut Mam. I will play at least one more year with Real Madrid, after that, for sure, I'll be ready to come to Seattle.

Micka Gelabale: (11:55 PM ET ) I think Seattle is playing the perfect game for me. This year I won the ACB league ... next year I want to win the Euro League ... then the NBA!

PichichiRobinson: Micka your 3point in the last minute of the game this Sunday was great.Thanks for the win

Micka Gelabale: (11:56 PM ET ) Thank you.

Jeff Huang (Los Angeles): Hey Micka! How is it goign to feel to play with superstar Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis?

Micka Gelabale: (11:56 PM ET ) It's a real pleasure for me. Ray Allen is the type of player I really like. I saw his movie. Ray has game! And together, we will have wins.

Luc (NJ): Congretulations with the draft and your great win in Spain. Making up 8 points in 40 sec. WOW!!! Looking forward to see you and your team mate Alex in the NBA!

Micka Gelabale: (11:59 PM ET ) Alex is my best friend. He's going to Denver!

Micka Gelabale: (12:00 AM ET ) I would like to say hello to my West Indies! The NBA is possible for anybody, good luck to the next NBA player from Guadeloupe. It can happen. Two guys from Guadeloupe on the same team! Very exciting!

The ShowGirl: (12:01 AM ET ) Thanks Micka!

The ShowGirl: (12:03 AM ET ) Thanks SportsNation for logging on and sticking with me the whole way! We made it all the way through. We had all the big names ... you should have seen these guys look at this chat room and see all of you asking them questions. They're new at this, they still get excited!

The ShowGirl: (12:04 AM ET ) And they should get excited. There were over 78,000 posts in this chat room tonight! Wow! Sorry if you guys didn't get your question answered. We were getting the guys fast and furious.