PDA

View Full Version : NBA.com writer implies Crawford was calling the CHA game biased against the Spurs

gee
12-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Not a big deal, but thought it was pretty funny that this would be published on the NBA's own site of all places.

http://www.nba.com/games/20121208/SASCHA/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nbahpts (game story tab)

The matchup of the night in the arena wasn't between Charlotte and San Antonio, but between referee Joey Crawford and the duo of Tim Duncan and Parker. This was the first game in which Crawford refereed against the Spurs since a photo from Halloween posted by Parker and featuring a Crawford-look-a-like went viral. For the game, Charlotte was whistled for 16 fouls and shot 31 free throws, while San Antonio was whistled for 22 fouls and shot 15 free throws.

superbigtime
12-08-2012, 11:46 PM
I thought Crawford was pretty invisible and didn't seem to single out Tony or Tim. But this game was in the bag for the Spurs. He will rear his bald ass-head in a tight game that matters on down the line, you can count on it.

gee
12-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Yeah, it was a strange game to write that sort of thing about because Crawford was virtually invisible the whole time

JRHernandez88
12-08-2012, 11:51 PM
I thought Crawford was pretty invisible and didn't seem to single out Tony or Tim. But this game was in the bag for the Spurs. He will rear his bald ass-head in a tight game that matters on down the line, you can count on it.
most likely the fkn truth :(

Biggems
12-08-2012, 11:53 PM
It actually seemed as though Crawford kinda jokin around with the Spurs players throughout the game. He didn't seem as uptight as he normally is

Biernutz
12-09-2012, 12:28 AM
You will see Joey along with Stern at game 7 of the Western Conference Finals. It will be payback time then. Bet on it!

Sean Cagney
12-09-2012, 01:42 AM

Yeah (Brent Barry non foul still haunts me lol).

UZER
12-09-2012, 03:11 AM
The picture may have been a blessing in disguise to put the microscope one him. Now, especially in the playoffs, every call the makes with the spurs will be given a second look looking for intent behind the call. Its like the pic leveled the playing field.

FlAVaK
12-09-2012, 04:41 AM
Here (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/spurs-set-3-point-mark-023044893--nba.html;_ylt=AmaH8xpB0Cf0FGGXhD8Cb7.8vLYF;_ylu=X3 oDMTN1cmJsN3A3BG1pdANGRUFUVVJFRCBNZWdhdHJvbiBOQkEE cGtnAzhjYjNjODAwLTQxYjMtMTFlMi1iNjczLTg2ZTJiOWZhZT Q2YQRwb3MDNgRzZWMDbWVnYXRyb24EdmVyA2Q2MGRkYjgxLTQx YjMtMTFlMi1iZmJiLWUyMTEyMmIzZGRiOA--;_ylg=X3oDMTFoNjVvZWVyBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANuYmEEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3) (AP game report) is another opinion about the situation:

"...It was San Antonio's first game with Joey Crawford officiating since a Halloween photo emerged earlier this week on the internet showing Duncan and Parker holding fake guns to the head of a bald man dressed up as Crawford. Duncan said the captain's meeting before the game was normal as he shook Crawford's hand and said they ''moved on'' from there. ''I will never reference it with him,'' Duncan said. ''It's not a situation that I ever expected would get out or never expected anybody to make a big deal out of, so I'm not going to.'' Duncan and Crawford have had a confrontational past but there were no incidents Saturday night. Duncan only played 23 minutes and was called for one foul. Parker was not called for any fouls..."

FlAVaK
12-09-2012, 04:44 AM
A pic from last night. Feel free to caption it...

http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/Sports/ap/201212081930702236096-p2.jpeg

temujin
12-09-2012, 07:07 AM
Crawford is not anti-Spur.
He is a Stern's puppet. Given his past, it is easy to see why.
No "bad" calls yesterday as there was nothing at stake.
The "bad" calls of WCF G6 were not bad at all, from Stern's point of view.

YoMamaIsCallin
12-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Joey was fine. Analysis of ref bias based on number of FTs is bullshit.

buttsR4rebounding
12-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Joey was fine. Analysis of ref bias based on number of FTs is bullshit.

The fact is if you are going to take 34 3-point shots that you aren't going to shoot many FTs.

maverick1948
12-09-2012, 10:17 AM
They attcked the basket we dunked our threes. Simply as that. Although, Joey did show up late in the game. Even Sean said that he told Patty Mills he had been around the team a lot longer and dont take the last shot, just let the clock run out;.

TampaDude
12-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Honestly, I think Crawford is flattered that Timmy and Tony find him that important.

Rummpd
12-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Crawford is living proof that aliens live among us with that look and ugly palate.