PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Jackson fined due to tweets regarding Ibaka

flipspursfan
12-09-2012, 11:34 PM
I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I saw it in Woj's Twitter feed.

Any thoughts, ladies and gentlemen?

Edit: How do you embed tweets properly?

Kermit
12-09-2012, 11:43 PM
He should've gotten drunk and driven into a fence

racm
12-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Yes, the Spurs are Bad Boys(TM) now.

Juggity
12-10-2012, 12:01 AM

davidbowie
12-10-2012, 12:02 AM
stakjack is the only real n'ga left!!!!!!!

lefty
12-10-2012, 12:03 AM
And thats why we havent won shit since 07

Fucking softass conservative faggots Holt and Buford

You tell them, Jax !!!!

timvp
12-10-2012, 12:12 AM

:wow

Hopefully the Spurs don't do anything stupid and cut Jack or anything like that. It wasn't the smartest thing to tweet that about Abaka but, meh, that's Jack. The same reason why he's such a good teammate is the same reason while he'll go over the edge a few times. If his "going too far" moments happen on Twitter, consider yourself lucky, tbh.

racm
12-10-2012, 12:13 AM
For all we know, Buford could have approved Jax's words in private :lol

timvp
12-10-2012, 12:14 AM
"The recent public comments made by Stephen Jackson are absolutely unacceptable, can not be tolerated and do not reflect the standards held by the San Antonio Spurs," said Spurs General Manager RC Buford.

There's the complete quote for the record.

spurraider21
12-10-2012, 12:18 AM
nasty

Ice009
12-10-2012, 12:21 AM
Hopefully the Spurs don't do anything stupid and cut Jack or anything like that. It wasn't the smartest thing to tweet that about Abaka but, meh, that's Jack. The same reason why he's such a good teammate is the same reason while he'll go over the edge a few times. If his "going too far" moments happen on Twitter, consider yourself lucky, tbh.

You think the Spurs would cut him for this? That's a joke if they even think about it let alone do something like that.

lefty
12-10-2012, 12:22 AM
What standards ?

Softness?

Bill_Brasky
Honestly..........Non-Issue

KaiRMD1
Oh crap, I hope he doesn't get cut. Nah, they wouldn't do that, would they?

BanditHiro
12-10-2012, 12:28 AM
oh boy, the Spurs are not going to make it out of the West.

timvp
12-10-2012, 12:29 AM
You think the Spurs would cut him for this? That's a joke if they even think about it let alone do something like that.

I doubt they'd do it, especially since he already apologized. But all role players are on thin ice. This is the same FO that got rid of Antonio Daniels because a person he was with got in a fight during the summer and got rid of Samaki Walker because he got a speeding ticket (well, that and he sucked). Oh, and they tried to trade George Hill shortly after his naked pictures hit the net.

Hopefully the Spurs are a little more "patient" with Jack but this FO has proven that it doesn't take much to get on their bad side.

HI-FI
12-10-2012, 12:30 AM
oh boy, the Spurs are not going to make it out of the West.
hmmm...i was reading this shit while watching this sop fest about the Thunder on NBA TV. how they are on a road to redemption blah blah. I don't look forward to the officiating coming our way.

Kermit
12-10-2012, 12:33 AM

I just want to make sure that it's known that I was referring to RC and his "Spurs Standard" hypocritical bullshit. I love Jack. Don't want him to drink and drive like his GM.

timvp
12-10-2012, 12:47 AM
I just want to make sure that it's known that I was referring to RC and his "Spurs Standard" hypocritical bullshit. I love Jack. Don't want him to drink and drive like his GM.

Yeah, I knew what you meant. Didn't know what emoticon to use for "I probably shouldn't have laughed at that", tbh.

crc21209
12-10-2012, 12:51 AM
I doubt they'd do it, especially since he already apologized. But all role players are on thin ice. This is the same FO that got rid of Antonio Daniels because a person he was with got in a fight during the summer and got rid of Samaki Walker because he got a speeding ticket (well, that and he sucked). Oh, and they tried to trade George Hill shortly after his naked pictures hit the net.

Hopefully the Spurs are a little more "patient" with Jack but this FO has proven that it doesn't take much to get on their bad side.

Yeah but the Spurs knew EXACTLY what and who they were getting when they acquired him last March. They should know that these kind of things are gonna happen with Jack from time to time...

Budkin
12-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Trade JAX ASAP.

Budkin
12-10-2012, 12:55 AM
FYI our next meeting should be fun...

Ice009
12-10-2012, 01:03 AM

That's a total joke if they did all that because of those reasons.

What about RC Buford driving into the fence? Wasn't he drunk at the time? If that is the way that they roll, then why is he still here?

And there is no way that they would cut him. Wouldn't they try and trade him first? If they keep him and they hold these kinds of standards then it's not likely that he will be resigned in the off season?

Juggity
12-10-2012, 01:06 AM
What about RC Buford driving into the fence? Wasn't he drunk at the time? If that is the way that they roll, then why is he still here?

"Do as I say, not as I do" etc.

Ice009
12-10-2012, 01:09 AM
"Do as I say, not as I do" etc.

Now that RC Buford has gone and driven into the fence, they absolutely cannot screw Jax over for something like this, otherwise they are the biggest hypocrites around.

DesignatedT
12-10-2012, 01:13 AM
Fuk yo statement clown

hater
12-10-2012, 01:14 AM

Get it right. The white owners and handlers can do no harm but how dare the black slave act like a wild animal. The real animals are the rich white handlers

Whisky Dog
12-10-2012, 01:18 AM
I know we're deep, but we can't just go cutting a proven playoff performer because he called a bitch a bitch.

DPG21920
12-10-2012, 01:37 AM
Ya, what is with this holier than thou stuff from Drunk RC? Makes no sense and they swept that right under the rug. Kind of hope Jax throws that in his face (although Jax is cool so he wouldn't do that).

phyzik
12-10-2012, 02:30 AM
Stack5 don't give a shit, If Ibaka tries to step up, he will be busted straight in the mouth by Jackson. Real talk. Ibaka is a pretender, stack5 wont put up with his pretend game.

DPG21920
12-10-2012, 02:35 AM
:lol Jax taking pictures of all of his cars in response to the fine

HI-FI
12-10-2012, 02:55 AM
hopefully this situation is settled and done with, I'd hate to lose Jax over such trivial shit. especially considering RC could've killed someone with his situation, jax was just calling out Ibaka for his tough guy schtick. We need guys like Jax on this team to balance out the Euro finesse tbh.

siraulo23
12-10-2012, 03:00 AM
Wtf why all this talk on jax being cut for a stupid twitter quote

ElNono
12-10-2012, 03:00 AM
I'll take trash-talking Jax over effeminate RJ every day. Screw the "Spurs standard"...

MI21
12-10-2012, 03:35 AM
I'll take trash-talking Jax over effeminate RJ every day. Screw the "Spurs standard"...

If the Spurs fine Buckets for this, that's a disgrace, considering they didn't fine "He who shall not be named" for this...

http://i36.tinypic.com/9zyu5u.jpg

will_spurs
12-10-2012, 04:06 AM
RT @Monroe_SA: To clarify: $25,000 is total extent of fine imposed on Stephen Jackson by both Spurs and NBA for his Twitter comments re. S. Ibaka

I don't think we'll hear more about that, unless of course SJax goes through with his threats :)

To me it looks like the Spurs have been in the news quite a bit recently, between the restgate, the Halloween picture and now this. Buford is probably in damage control mode at this point, trying to show Stern that he has his troops in order. I wouldn't read more into it than that.

Going to be tough to say that the Spurs are boring or staying out of the limelight... I like the assertiveness, though.

Darkwaters
12-10-2012, 04:11 AM
We're just the kings of bad press all of a sudden. Incredible. For a team that never has bad press...

Rest-Gate
Tony & Tim Halloween Picture
Stephen Jackson tweets

Juggity
12-10-2012, 04:34 AM
Rest-Gate
Stephen Jackson tweets

tbh, you could say Jax bears responsibility for all three of these bad press incidents. Indirect in the first 2 cases, and direct in the third.

Lapses in the PR machine come with the territory, though. The guy is just so damn unrestrained. It's what makes him great to have around, but also a liability.

DapDaGenius
12-10-2012, 04:57 AM
If the Spurs fine Buckets for this, that's a disgrace, considering they didn't fine "He who shall not be named" for this...

http://i36.tinypic.com/9zyu5u.jpg

I don't get it, are you saying "he who should not be named" for "dude" in the middle or the guy all the way on the left with the little penis? Also would "dude" be getting fined for wearing woman's clothes or the guy all the way on the left get fined for his little penis?

baseline bum
12-10-2012, 05:08 AM

:rollin

No shit... WTF RC? Drinking and driving is a hell of a lot worse than talking shit on Twitter.

baseline bum
12-10-2012, 05:12 AM
:lol Jax taking pictures of all of his cars in response to the fine

Damn, that 65 SS drop-top is fucking sweet.

Mel_13
12-10-2012, 05:27 AM
Focusing on the hypocrisy of Buford releasing a statement that touts the Spurs standards misses the point.

From the moment that Jack sent out that tweet, three entirely predictable events were bound to follow. First, Jack would issue a carefully worded, insincere apology (and there can't be anyone that believes that Jack wrote that apology himself). Second, the Spurs would issue a carefully worded, insincere condemnation of Jack's action. Third, a slap on the wrist, in the way of a small fine, would be administered.

It's just damage control and there's every reason to believe that all three events were coordinated between Buford and Jack's agent. It's how everyone gets to put this episode in the rear view mirror as quickly as possible.

Longer term, this is just the latest example of Jack being his own worst enemy. There are already a number of franchises that wouldn't take Jack on their teams even if he were willing to play for free. Now, the market for his services this summer just got even smaller. Good for the Spurs if they choose to retain him beyond this season, I suppose. Otherwise, he could be following Marbury and TMac to China.

carina_gino20
12-10-2012, 06:45 AM
Meh. I think the Spurs had to somewhat respond to his tweet and clarify that they don't condone it. In the end, it's just a stupid tweet.

racm
12-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Focusing on the hypocrisy of Buford releasing a statement that touts the Spurs standards misses the point.

From the moment that Jack sent out that tweet, three entirely predictable events were bound to follow. First, Jack would issue a carefully worded, insincere apology (and there can't be anyone that believes that Jack wrote that apology himself). Second, the Spurs would issue a carefully worded, insincere condemnation of Jack's action. Third, a slap on the wrist, in the way of a small fine, would be administered.

It's just damage control and there's every reason to believe that all three events were coordinated between Buford and Jack's agent. It's how everyone gets to put this episode in the rear view mirror as quickly as possible.

Longer term, this is just the latest example of Jack being his own worst enemy. There are already a number of franchises that wouldn't take Jack on their teams even if he were willing to play for free. Now, the market for his services this summer just got even smaller. Good for the Spurs if they choose to retain him beyond this season, I suppose. Otherwise, he could be following Marbury and TMac to China.

Pop must be loving this. The team may have gotten more negative publicity but the Spurs aren't the soft team they have been for the past few years. When Tim screams after a dunk and Bonner actually throws it down... :wow

Legacy
12-10-2012, 06:58 AM
Yeah but the Spurs knew EXACTLY what and who they were getting when they acquired him last March. They should know that these kind of things are gonna happen with Jack from time to time...

Oh, how right you are... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!! :lmao

temujin
12-10-2012, 07:11 AM
So, what was the original comment on Ibaka, again?

therealtruth
12-10-2012, 07:18 AM
Technically Jax isn't threatening him but just saying he would retaliate if Ibaka went after him which 99% of NBA players would do.

temujin
12-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Very stupid.
You don't talk about retaliating.
You just do it.

Bruno
12-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Even if Ibaka is a douche, what Jack did was stupid. The fine is logical and deserved.

I think this is the end of story for Spurs organization. They knew when they traded for jack that he wasn't a model citizen and a couple of stupid tweets is a small infraction.

What I'm not so sure is how Jack will react at this whole story. What would be reasonable would be to realize he made a mistake and that he got a small fine given his salary. I do hope he will take it like that.

DapDaGenius
12-10-2012, 08:03 AM
The fine makes sense, I think it's funny he started posting pictures of his cars and stuff. I would have expected for him to have more cars, tbh.

Whisky Dog
12-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Even if Ibaka is a douche, what Jack did was stupid. The fine is logical and deserved.

I think this is the end of story for Spurs organization. They knew when they traded for jack that he wasn't a model citizen and a couple of stupid tweets is a small infraction.

What I'm not so sure is how Jack will react at this whole story. What would be reasonable would be to realize he made a mistake and that he got a small fine given his salary. I do hope he will take it like that.

I think the best thing for everyone is Jack getting back on the court and throwing down there. He's got too much time on his hands sitting out.

silverblackfan
12-10-2012, 11:47 AM

Good take. I am hoping for this response too. The guy's passion is expected and encouraged, so is the occasional slip of the tongue or tweet.

Obstructed_View
12-10-2012, 01:17 PM
No way they cut him. He issued an apology, and he probably genuinely regrets doing it. He's an emotional guy, but he's not an idiot. Non-issue, tbh.

8FOR!3
12-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Where does his right to freedom of speech come into play? I'm quite certain he didn't actually threaten Ibaka, so why isn't he allowed to speak his mind? Not to mention this is all being blown up anyway.

Mel_13
12-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Where does his right to freedom of speech come into play? I'm quite certain he didn't actually threaten Ibaka, so why isn't he allowed to speak his mind? Not to mention this is all being blown up anyway.

It doesn't come into play at all in this situation.

Horse
12-10-2012, 01:53 PM
hmmm...i was reading this shit while watching this sop fest about the Thunder on NBA TV. how they are on a road to redemption blah blah. I don't look forward to the officiating coming our way.
Well atleast it can't be any worse than it was in the WCF.

Kermit
12-10-2012, 01:57 PM

Walk into your job and threaten to go in someone's mouth. Tell them they ain't bout dis life. See how long you're employed. But make sure you use that freedom of speech shit.

JRHernandez88
12-10-2012, 02:14 PM
The fine makes sense, I think it's funny he started posting pictures of his cars and stuff. I would have expected for him to have more cars, tbh.
Where's the pic?? I missed that.

No way they cut him. He issued an apology, and he probably genuinely regrets doing it. He's an emotional guy, but he's not an idiot. Non-issue, tbh.this

weebo
12-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Buford was just trying to be PC about the whole thing. No one should be surprised. Give a week like all the other crap that has happened (DB tweet, Pop vs. Stern, TD & TP vs. Crawford) and all will be forgotten.

And for those of you who think Jax will be traded for this, get real. If he's going to get traded for talking about putting a fake thug in his place, then TP should have been traded last year for saying the Spurs were no longer contenders, which is a lot worse.

weebo
12-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Pop must be loving this. The team may have gotten more negative publicity but the Spurs aren't the soft team they have been for the past few years. When Tim screams after a dunk and Bonner actually throws it down... :wow

"I want some nasty!"

:pop:

eric365
12-10-2012, 02:46 PM

The standarts helds by the spurs are not that high recently

spurs10
12-10-2012, 02:59 PM
If Ibaka is a faux thug, then hopefully this will get in his head and not the other way around. I don't want Jack to be an easy target for t's in the playoffs. I'm sure he meant every word of it and is just sending a message to Ibaka.
:ihit :lol

8FOR!3
12-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Walk into your job and threaten to go in someone's mouth. Tell them they ain't bout dis life. See how long you're employed. But make sure you use that freedom of speech shit.

It's not like he works out of an office, this isn't Workaholics. If I worked in the entertainment business I'd probably talk the same kind of smack.

Mel_13
12-10-2012, 04:14 PM
It's not like he works out of an office, this isn't Workaholics. If I worked in the entertainment business I'd probably talk the same kind of smack.

Another bad analogy.

Jackson works under a contract that allows for penalties for bad conduct. If he thought the penalty was too severe, he has a union to represent his interests. Instead, he's apologized and moved on.

SA210
12-10-2012, 04:57 PM
We're just the kings of bad press all of a sudden. Incredible. For a team that never has bad press...

Rest-Gate
Stephen Jackson tweets

Don't forget Timmy flippin the bird :lol

SA210
12-10-2012, 05:02 PM
I wonder if Holt fined Buford after his DUI

KenziE
12-10-2012, 05:30 PM
anybody got a link to his car pics ?

crc21209
12-10-2012, 05:33 PM
anybody got a link to his car pics ?

http://instagram.com/p/TC4Fwexf-G/

http://instagram.com/p/TC4A4PRf-D/

http://instagram.com/p/TC364Rxf98/

http://instagram.com/p/TC31mpxf94/

http://instagram.com/p/TC3i2ORf9k/

Mel_13
12-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Pop: "You make a mistake and you move on. You miss a shot and you move on. Something off the court happens and you move on."

Tim: "‘Jack’ understands he made a mistake with that and we move on. It is what is. He’s been disciplined and it’s behind us now."

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/12/10/pop-duncan-off-court-drama-is-behind-spurs/

Libri
12-10-2012, 05:35 PM
I wonder if Holt fined Buford after his DUI

If Buford didn't share his booze with Holt, then probably. lol

DapDaGenius
12-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Where's the pic?? I missed that.
this

He posted multiple pictures on his twitter

JRHernandez88
12-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Ha jacks acting a fool

PingPong
12-10-2012, 05:46 PM
He has a 14 year old kid mentality. F*ing brat. "Look at my cars, the fine will not cause a scratch in my wallet."

:lol

ploto
12-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Jackson works under a contract that allows for penalties for bad conduct.

Isn't that the same line of thinking that lets the NBA fine the Spurs for Restgate.

The team has a contract to be in the league and they deemed the Spurs conduct to be detrimental.

It seems kind of hypocritical for the Spurs to believe that they as a team have the power to fine Jax and then act like the NBA had no right to fine them

I also am trying to remember RC's public apology. I mostly remember his excuses. I also am pretty sure that the hearing on his DWI case keeps being reset.

KenziE
12-10-2012, 07:55 PM
http://instagram.com/p/TC4Fwexf-G/

http://instagram.com/p/TC4A4PRf-D/

http://instagram.com/p/TC364Rxf98/

http://instagram.com/p/TC31mpxf94/

http://instagram.com/p/TC3i2ORf9k/

thanks boss ����

Mel_13
12-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Isn't that the same line of thinking that lets the NBA fine the Spurs for Restgate.

The team has a contract to be in the league and they deemed the Spurs conduct to be detrimental.

It seems kind of hypocritical for the Spurs to believe that they as a team have the power to fine Jax and then act like the NBA had no right to fine them

:rollin

You still don't get it and if you really see a logical equivalency between the two situations, you never will.

PingPong
12-10-2012, 08:31 PM
There's a huge difference between fine a team by commercial reasons and a misbehaviour from an athlete. Stern fined the spurs for financial reasons and jax got fined by ethic reasons.

Obstructed_View
12-11-2012, 10:46 AM

I missed the Spurs acting like the NBA had no right to fine them. Could you post some examples, please? Thanks in advance.