PDA

View Full Version : The NBDL.

TheTruth
06-29-2005, 12:16 AM
Do you think it is better for foreigners to stay overseas to learn the game, or to come over to the NBDL? They would be closer to the teams that drafted them, and could get used to the Culture changes w/o all the scrutiny they would get w/the big club.

I wouldn't mind the Spurs bringing a couple of those guys over and putting them all on the same NBDL team to let them learn together. They could also have some control over the coaching they get, if they have a stake in the NBDL. And if the team were in Austin, like I've heard it might be, that would be even cooler.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-29-2005, 12:20 AM
nbdl is the shit, just ask #23. i think we should use it.

TheTruth
06-29-2005, 12:23 AM
I wonder how the money would work also. It would be tough to bring some of the guys over w/their european contracts and all.

Kori Ellis
06-29-2005, 12:24 AM
There is going to be an NBDL in Austin beginning this season. But there is not one NBDL team per NBA team -- there's only eight NBDL teams (I believe). So I'm not sure how much control an NBA team would have with the NBDL team.

I believe for the Spurs to assign a player to the NBDL, they have to sign them and then send them to the NBDL team. But they get NBA pay and count against the NBA team's 15 roster spots. So I would consider bringing over only guys that are almost ready - I don't think the Spurs 18 and 19 year olds are even close.

TheTruth
06-29-2005, 12:25 AM
I heard that it would be 3 to 4 nba teams to every nbdl team.

Kori Ellis
06-29-2005, 12:25 AM
I heard that it would be 3 to 4 nba teams to every nbdl team.

True. There's 8 NBDL teams and 30 NBA teams.

SilverPlayer
06-29-2005, 01:11 AM
So Dallas, Houston, SA, and maybe New Orleans would farm Austin?