PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Stephen Jackson fined by the NBA

Brunodf
12-10-2012, 12:16 AM
San Antonio (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/sa/san-antonio-spurs)'s Stephen Jackson (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/378/stephen-jackson) was fined $25,000 by the NBA Sunday for a "hostile statement" he sent to the Thunder (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/okc/oklahoma-city-thunder)'s Serge Ibaka (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3439/serge-ibaka) over Twitter.
http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/378.jpg
Jackson
Ibaka got tangled up with Metta World Peace (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/25/metta-world-peace) of the Los Angeles Lakers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers) during a game on Friday, which earned both players technical fouls. Jackson took to Twitter to defend World Peace, a friend and former teammate.

"Somebody tel serg Abaka. He aint bout dis life. Next time he run up on me im goin in his mouth. That's a promise. He doin 2 much," he tweeted.

Jackson later deleted the message and apologized for his remark.
"I apologize to Serge Ibaka, the NBA, and to all my fans for the comments I made," Jackson tweeted.

"It was unprofessional and childish. I'm not a thug just a man who speaks his mind. It was not appropriate. I do apologize. Only a man can admit when he's wrong."

Jackson and World Peace -- then known as Ron Artest -- were teammates on the Indiana Pacers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/ind/indiana-pacers). Jackson infamously backed up World Peace during the "Malice at the Palace" in Detroit, which resulted in heavy suspensions for both players. Jackson had to sit out 30 games while World Peace was suspended for the entire 2004-05 season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8731084/stephen-jackson-san-antonio-spurs-fined-hostile-tweet-serge-ibaka-oklahoma-city-thunder

Brunodf
12-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Fixed

lefty
12-10-2012, 12:21 AM
fucking softass faggot Buford

I hope Kobe catches him by surprise in his shower

DMX7
12-10-2012, 12:29 AM
25K for that? Ouch.

dirk4mvp
12-10-2012, 01:11 AM
Why does he wait until his apology statements to use comprehensible english?

Latarian Milton
12-10-2012, 02:36 AM
just because u don kno ebonics it doesn't mean it not comprehensive language imho, jack's original words made perfect sense n he sounded a pussy with the later apology he tweeted. acting like a pussy n apologizing ta a fake tough guy must be part of the punishment imposed by the league n it's even harsher then the 25,000 fine imho

Reck
12-10-2012, 02:48 AM
He should be fine on the basis of defending Artest, not for insulting Ibaka imo.

How you gonna stand up for a looney?

Legacy
12-10-2012, 07:23 AM
:cry Stop it right now everyone. This thread seriously offends me. :cry

AussieFanKurt
12-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Why does anyone care and don't give me this role model bullshit. If you are raised properly as a child you know this kinda shit is just funny.

thunderfan
12-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Fake tough guy..shit, they're all fake tough guys. Jackson's as fake as the rest. Stephen Jackson's never done a DAMN thing to another NBA player, period. Only dude he's ever done anything to was eating a hotdog in the stands. I feel sorry for the guy really. I know he apparently had some issues growing up. He probably needs to go see Dr. Phil.

DMX7
12-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Fake tough guy..shit, they're all fake tough guys. Jackson's as fake as the rest. Stephen Jackson's never done a DAMN thing to another NBA player, period. Only dude he's ever done anything to was eating a hotdog in the stands.

Yeah, but he fucked up that guy eating the hotdog in the stands

thunderfan
12-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Yeah, but he fucked up that guy eating the hotdog in the stands

Which is about the equivalent of me beating up a 12 year old.

Bill_Brasky
12-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Fake tough guy..shit, they're all fake tough guys. Jackson's as fake as the rest. Stephen Jackson's never done a DAMN thing to another NBA player, period. Only dude he's ever done anything to was eating a hotdog in the stands. I feel sorry for the guy really. I know he apparently had some issues growing up. He probably needs to go see Dr. Phil.

:lol watches Dr. Phil.....some things are starting to make sense.

racm
12-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Also listens to Nickelback and probably supports the :cry Chickasaw Nation :cry

Leetonidas
12-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Which is about the equivalent of me beating up a 12 year old.

hey just because nba players are fucking massive beasts doesn't mean they get a pass. the dude jack whipped on was a grown man, probably someone like you, just because he was some puss compared to a 6'8" nba player doesn't mean he was a 12 year old girl. jack cant be faulted for using his size advantageously imo. what do you want him to do, pick fights with people who are 6'10" 300+ only?

thunderfan
12-10-2012, 10:32 AM
hey just because nba players are fucking massive beasts doesn't mean they get a pass. the dude jack whipped on was a grown man, probably someone like you, just because he was some puss compared to a 6'8" nba player doesn't mean he was a 12 year old girl. jack cant be faulted for using his size advantageously imo. what do you want him to do, pick fights with people who are 6'10" 300+ only?

Although I'm very agile and pretty strong person for someone my size, I'm far from 6'8 and 220 lbs, so Jackson whipping on me really wouldn't be too great of a feat. Now if I did something to deserve it or was stupid enough to mess with a guy like Jackson, then that's my own damn fault and I've got what's coming to me. On the other hand, if a guy like Jackson just felt like kicking someone's ass for no reason and I looked like a good target, then yeah that's pretty pathetic...again, about like me picking on a 12 year old. I'm not saying the guy in the stands didn't deserve it..I don't know. I'm just saying everyone's acting like Jackson is this real tough guy. I'm just saying the only person I'm aware he's ever done anything to was the schmuck in the stands. The rest of his bad boy image is all talk..like most of them.

Latarian Milton
12-10-2012, 10:36 AM
feel sorry for him that he had to apologize to a fake tough guy tbh

Latarian Milton
12-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Although I'm very agile and pretty strong person for someone my size, I'm far from 6'8 and 220 lbs, so Jackson whipping on me really wouldn't be too great of a feat. Now if I did something to deserve it or was stupid enough to mess with a guy like Jackson, then that's my own damn fault and I've got what's coming to me. On the other hand, if a guy like Jackson just felt like kicking someone's ass for no reason and I looked like a good target, then yeah that's pretty pathetic...again, about like me picking on a 12 year old. I'm not saying the guy in the stands didn't deserve it..I don't know. I'm just saying everyone's acting like Jackson is this real tough guy. I'm just saying the only person I'm aware he's ever done anything to was the schmuck in the stands. The rest of his bad boy image is all talk..like most of them.
dude's guns ain't no fake n he's been arrested on drug & gun violations multiple times. if jack was not a bad guy then you can destroy all prisons and set free all prisoners right now tbh, you ain't gonna mess with a nigga with tattoos homeboy

thunderfan
12-10-2012, 10:45 AM
feel sorry for him that he had to apologize to a fake tough guy tbh

Tell me, what is a real tough guy? Would Jackson be a real tough guy? What are your reasons for that? Because he has tattoos? That's what you stated in another post. Because he hit a fan? Tell me something Jackson has ever done to another player that makes him a real tough guy? YOu can't.

purplengold
12-10-2012, 10:46 AM
this thunder fan not happy bout the consensus jax would put ibaka in da hospital

thunderfan
12-10-2012, 10:47 AM
dude's guns ain't no fake n he's been arrested on drug & gun violations multiple times. if jack was not a bad guy then you can destroy all prisons and set free all prisoners right now tbh, you ain't gonna mess with a nigga with tattoos homeboy

Well I'm not messing with him whether he has tattoos or not. We've already established I'm no match for Stephen Jackson. Drug and gun violations make one a good fighter? And tattoos? Really? I think drug and gun violations make you an ignorant crack head and that's about it. Ill ask it a 20th time..who has Stephen Jackson ever done a damn thing to that wasn't in the stands? I rest my case. All talk

thunderfan
12-10-2012, 10:49 AM
this thunder fan not happy bout the consensus jax would put ibaka in da hospital

Never claimed to know the outcome of a hypothetical fight between the two. Just refuting this whole "fake tough guy" thing. Noone can give me evidence as to why Jackson is a "real tough guy".

JRHernandez88
12-10-2012, 10:50 AM
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/San+Antonio+Spurs+v+Oklahoma+City+Thunder+PgGe6oX3 Pi6l.jpghttp://www.dailythunder.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Picture-11.png

purplengold
12-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Never claimed to know the outcome of a hypothetical fight between the two. Just refuting this whole "fake tough guy" thing. Noone can give me evidence as to why Jackson is a "real tough guy".

because he just don't give a shit if he go ta jail or anytin. He knew what was going down when he took part in da palace n he knew he lucky he wasn't locked up. jax gon fight players if they piss him off, ibaka just gon try stare them down at most.

You dun wanna fight somebody who dun give a fuck because they sometimes just go all in n roll da dice.

stretch
12-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Tell me, what is a real tough guy? Would Jackson be a real tough guy? What are your reasons for that? Because he has tattoos? That's what you stated in another post. Because he hit a fan? Tell me something Jackson has ever done to another player that makes him a real tough guy? YOu can't.

i think he was saying that Ibaka is a fake tough guy, which he most definitely is

thunderfan
12-10-2012, 11:46 AM
i think he was saying that Ibaka is a fake tough guy, which he most definitely is

Ok, let's say Ibaka is, fine. Ibaka barks with no bite. So what about Jackson? WOuld he not be one too? He seems to be all bark and no bite unless you're a fan. Noone has yet to give me some sort of evidence that Jackson is anything more than all talk. All anyone can say is he has tattoos and a weapons charge. So?

stretch
12-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Ok, let's say Ibaka is, fine. Ibaka barks with no bite. So what about Jackson? WOuld he not be one too? He seems to be all bark and no bite unless you're a fan. Noone has yet to give me some sort of evidence that Jackson is anything more than all talk. All anyone can say is he has tattoos and a weapons charge. So?

So in other words, you would like to cry about someone calling Ibaka a fake tough guy, and state what everyone already pretty much knows?

:cry :cry :cry

thunderfan
12-10-2012, 02:43 PM
So in other words, you would like to cry about someone calling Ibaka a fake tough guy, and state what everyone already pretty much knows?

:cry :cry :cry

No.
I don't care if someone calls Ibaka a "fake tough guy". I'd just like someone to explain to me what it is about Jackson that distinguishes him from Ibaka as being a "real tough guy" as opposed to a "fake tough guy". So far the answer are 1)tattoos 2)drug and weapons charges and 3) hitting a fan. I'm waiting for a legit answer. I won't get one though, because there isn't one.

purplengold
12-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Jackson not fake tough because he gonna throw down if you challenge him. did ibaka do anything more than try to stare down n talk shit ta Artest when harden flopped off his elbow? Artest ready to throw down n ibaka stopped advancing. He knew Artest gonna fight n Jackson gonna fight too if he provoked. only guy those two gon be scared of was big Ben cuz he gon crush they skull with his bare hands

thunderfan
12-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Jackson not fake tough because he gonna throw down if you challenge him. did ibaka do anything more than try to stare down n talk shit ta Artest when harden flopped off his elbow? Artest ready to throw down n ibaka stopped advancing. He knew Artest gonna fight n Jackson gonna fight too if he provoked. only guy those two gon be scared of was big Ben cuz he gon crush they skull with his bare hands

And again, noone can answer the question I've asked a million times. Same old shit answer every time. Jackson's gonna throw down, Jackson's a real tough guy. Jackson has tattoos and a gun charge. BFD. Noone can give me an instance where Jackson's ever put his money where his mouth is, other than hitting a fan, which in itself is quite lame. Jackson's never done a DAMN thing to another able bodied professional athlete. All he does is talk shit. Prove me otherwise.

purplengold
12-10-2012, 03:16 PM
the tough guy is willing ta throw down, ibaka shown he afraid of Artest

Two10Whitey
12-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Don't worry.. I'm sure Stak5 can sell at least 3000 copies of his album to make up for the fine.

stretch
12-11-2012, 01:30 AM
No.
I don't care if someone calls Ibaka a "fake tough guy". I'd just like someone to explain to me what it is about Jackson that distinguishes him from Ibaka as being a "real tough guy" as opposed to a "fake tough guy". So far the answer are 1)tattoos 2)drug and weapons charges and 3) hitting a fan. I'm waiting for a legit answer. I won't get one though, because there isn't one.

I didn't see many people here calling him a "real tough guy" aside from a guy who was clearly trolling you. Unfortunately you are too stupid to realize that, which is understandable, being that you are from a dump like Oklahoma.

thunderfan
12-11-2012, 08:17 AM
I didn't see many people here calling him a "real tough guy" aside from a guy who was clearly trolling you. Unfortunately you are too stupid to realize that, which is understandable, being that you are from a dump like Oklahoma.

Seriously? Dude, Oklahoma and Texas are the same damn thing. Let's call a spade a spade. If there wasn't a defined border and a name change you wouldn't know the damn difference.

racm
12-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Seriously? Dude, Oklahoma and Texas are the same damn thing. Let's call a spade a spade. If there wasn't a defined border and a name change you wouldn't know the damn difference.

Oklahoma is Texas' hat.

Then again, your state is pastier than "full of Mexicans" Texas... and Texas is big enough that Dallas is not the same as Houston is not the same as San Antonio.

thunderfan
12-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Oklahoma is Texas' hat.

Then again, your state is pastier than "full of Mexicans" Texas... and Texas is big enough that Dallas is not the same as Houston is not the same as San Antonio.

OKC and Tulsa, only "major" cities. 101 miles apart. I just find it really amusing how either people of OK or TX act like the other is really any different. There's very little difference. We're not exactly comparing NY and LA here.

stretch
12-11-2012, 11:36 AM

OKC and Tulsa, only "major" cities. 101 miles apart. I just find it really amusing how either people of OK or TX act like the other is really any different. There's very little difference. We're not exactly comparing NY and LA here.

Trust me, there is plenty of difference. My wife has family in OKC and Tulsa. Her family is cool, but the cities blow monumental amounts of ass. And I can't count how many people I've met in OKC that are dying to move to DFW because it sucks so bad up there.

Texas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oklahoma

thunderfan
12-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Trust me, there is plenty of difference. My wife has family in OKC and Tulsa. Her family is cool, but the cities blow monumental amounts of ass. And I can't count how many people I've met in OKC that are dying to move to DFW because it sucks so bad up there.

Texas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oklahoma

Ive been here basically all my life. I don't know anyone that wants to move to Dallas. I'm sure they exist. I'm not real sure what about OKC blows "monumental amounts of ass". I guess everyone has their likes and dislikes. I think it's a nice city. It's not perfect, but no city is. All in all, OK and TX are pretty similar.

stretch
12-11-2012, 11:58 AM
All in all, OK and TX are pretty similar.

Except for one fact.

They aren't.

Brazil
12-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Ive been here basically all my life.

yeah sure

thunderfan
12-11-2012, 12:17 PM
yeah sure

You're suggesting I'm lying? Why the hell would I lie about that?

benefactor
12-11-2012, 01:03 PM
crofl similar

If Texas was full of drunk indians and smelt like used cat litter then perhaps they would be.

thunderfan
12-11-2012, 01:45 PM
crofl similar

If Texas was full of drunk indians and smelt like used cat litter then perhaps they would be.

Learn to 1) spell and 2) obtain facts before you insult other people. Smelt is not a form of the world smell, by the way. Also, only 8.9% of the population of Oklahoma is American Indian - hardly what I would consider "full of". Nice try.

Brazil
12-11-2012, 02:37 PM
You're suggesting I'm lying? Why the hell would I lie about that?

cauz you're a troll

thunderfan
12-11-2012, 03:00 PM
cauz you're a troll

Dont know what to tell you. I've lived here just about my whole life.

Clipper Nation
12-11-2012, 03:17 PM
:lol Trying to compare your hick-ass state to one of the only states who have their shit together

thunderfan
12-11-2012, 03:22 PM
:lol Trying to compare your hick-ass state to one of the only states who have their shit together

When's the last time you were in either state? You must have a lot of knowledge about both states. I'd like to hear your opinion that you've formed from your first hand experiences of being in these two states.

Mel_13
12-11-2012, 03:42 PM
I've lived here just about my whole life.

That explains quite a bit.

benefactor
12-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Learn to 1) spell and 2) obtain facts before you insult other people. Smelt is not a form of the world smell, by the way. Also, only 8.9% of the population of Oklahoma is American Indian - hardly what I would consider "full of". Nice try.
Wow you got me on det one. Oh no...I said det and not that. Congrats on cementing yourself as a Kidd K level, grammar policing faggot.

Since indians represent almost a tenth of your population, I looked it up to see what the exact number was...only to find out there is only like 3.8 million people in that shitty wasteland of a state that you live in. Pretty fucking sad. That's less than the the combined population of Dallas and Tarrant counties. rofl.

Since you are a person that likes facts, here's some that I stumbled upon...Over a forty year period, from 1970 to 2010, Oklahoma's entire state population only increased by a little over a million people. The whole fucking state. Did you know that Dallas County by itself increased by a million people over that time? Hell...even San Antonio alone increased by 700k.:lol

It's pretty obvious the difference between Oklahoma and Texas. People are coming to/staying in Texas, not barren, worthless shitholes like Oklahoma. If they were actually the same as you suggest, wouldn't your entire state population increase more over long periods of time than some Texas counties have? :lol

ElNono
12-11-2012, 09:54 PM

:lol spelling nazi with the fuckup goods
:lol 89% of OKC population are crack addicts

thunderfan
12-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Wow you got me on det one. Oh no...I said det and not that. Congrats on cementing yourself as a Kidd K level, grammar policing faggot.

Since indians represent almost a tenth of your population, I looked it up to see what the exact number was...only to find out there is only like 3.8 million people in that shitty wasteland of a state that you live in. Pretty fucking sad. That's less than the the combined population of Dallas and Tarrant counties. rofl.

Since you are a person that likes facts, here's some that I stumbled upon...Over a forty year period, from 1970 to 2010, Oklahoma's entire state population only increased by a little over a million people. The whole fucking state. Did you know that Dallas County by itself increased by a million people over that time? Hell...even San Antonio alone increased by 700k.:lol

It's pretty obvious the difference between Oklahoma and Texas. People are coming to/staying in Texas, not barren, worthless shitholes like Oklahoma. If they were actually the same as you suggest, wouldn't your entire state population increase more over long periods of time than some Texas counties have? :lol

im happy if you're happy. Enjoy your evening.

thunderfan
12-11-2012, 10:38 PM
:lol spelling nazi with the fuckup goods
:lol 89% of OKC population are crack addicts
Happy Holidays to you and yours

thunderfan
12-11-2012, 11:01 PM

Texas is huuuge. I realize the gross number of people is drastically different. You do skew things a bit using gross figures between two states if such different size. Either way the people, in large part and in many areas of the two states share similar ways of life, beliefs, economic backbones,etc. Texas is much more diverse and some areas are quite different than OK, but at the same time also very different than other parts of the state. Clearly, much of TX is "barren wasteland" as you call OK. I assume you have seen parts of TX besides the metro areas..?

stretch
12-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Texas is huuuge. I realize the gross number of people is drastically different. You do skew things a bit using gross figures between two states if such different size. Either way the people, in large part and in many areas of the two states share similar ways of life, beliefs, economic backbones,etc. Texas is much more diverse and some areas are quite different than OK, but at the same time also very different than other parts of the state. Clearly, much of TX is "barren wasteland" as you call OK. I assume you have seen parts of TX besides the metro areas..?

State of Oklahoma - 69,898 square miles
County of Dallas - 908 square miles

Both increased by roughly 1 million residents over a 40 year period.

So how does the size of the state of Texas give the county of Dallas such an unfair, and skewed advantage in it growth of population, in comparison to the entire state of Oklahoma?

stretch
12-12-2012, 12:03 AM
nvm I keep forgetting you are from Oklahoma. Should we really expect you to know the answer to such a simple question?

:dizzy

dirk4mvp
12-12-2012, 12:04 AM
lol stretch

stretch
12-12-2012, 12:06 AM
lol stretch

lol raiders

lol al davis still lives

lol fml

benefactor
12-12-2012, 06:45 AM

To put that in perspective....this:

http://pix.epodunk.com/locatorMaps/tx/TX_22632.gif

...grew as much as this:

http://www.myonlinemaps.com/images/oklahoma-map.gif
:lol:lol

Juggity
12-12-2012, 06:55 AM

Smelt is, in fact, a past tense form of the word smell. It is used mostly by people who are from outside of North America, who I guess would be really difficult to find in the asshole of North America, where no foreigner would want to go :lol
http://grammarist.com/spelling/smelled-smelt/ (http://grammarist.com/spelling/smelled-smelt/)

thunderfan
12-12-2012, 07:56 AM
It seems as though you've taken my statement that Texas and Oklahoma are the same quite literally. You've chosen to use population statistics as your basis for why Texas is a great state and Oklahoma is a barren wasteland of trash. I do realize the great population increases in certain areas of Texas and clearly there is some positive things going on there to draw such an increase in people. However, those enormous metro areas are certainly not for everyone's taste. My statement that OK and TX are the same was in reference to the fact that we're both states in the same region, OVERALL similar political views, economic backbones, ways of life, etc. Certainly TX is much, much bigger as are their metropolitan areas. OKC is what one would consider a small city. Some people enjoy living in a smaller city. I'm not sure why you choose to be juvenile and refer to an entire state as a wasteland of trash because of the great difference in city sizes, when your state is basically the same in other aspects. Do you venture outside of DFW, SA, Houston, or wherever you live? Do you go to the panhandle of TX? Do you go ANYWHERE else in TX? THe overwhelming square mileage of TX is uninhabited. It's barren land. People farm it, drill it...it's the foundation of your state. Are you too ignorant to realize this? Do you discount those farmers and oil field workers who live and thrive in the barren and unpopulated areas of your great state?

thunderfan
12-12-2012, 08:49 AM

So how does the size of the state of Texas give the county of Dallas such an unfair, and skewed advantage in it growth of population, in comparison to the entire state of Oklahoma?

It doesn't. I am well aware that the population of the DFW metroplex far excedes that of the entire state of OK. OK is mostly unpopulated, just as Texas is - a lot of farm land. OK has two cities, both of which are small cities. Texas, by comparison, has huge metropolitan areas. There's no comparison. I simply meant that in terms of comparing populations between 2 states of such drastic size differences, one would have to take that square mileage into consideration. I wasn't simply referring to the DFW population comparison that was given.

Mel_13
12-12-2012, 09:02 AM
I'm not sure why you choose to be juvenile

Oh, the irony.

benefactor
12-12-2012, 01:04 PM

OK has two cities, both of which are small cities. Texas, by comparison, has huge metropolitan areas. There's no comparison.
:lol

thunderfan
12-12-2012, 01:35 PM
:lol

Well thought out response...and way to ignore the questions posed to you in my previous post. You won't answer them because it will make you look as foolish as some of your responses have been.
As I've stated - it's apparent you took my statement about OK and TX being "the same damn thing" a little too literally. Sometimes one must use common sense and not take everything in the total literal sense. Clearly, there are differences...that's kind of a given, don't you think? It goes without saying that TX metropolitan areas dwarf those of Oklahoma. What I meant (AGAIN), by my non-literal statement that OK and TX are the same is the fact that the vast majority of both states is farm land - or as you like to call "barren wasteland" or a "shithole". You think those TX farmers agree with you on that assessment? And do you think those TX farmers and oil field workers who work in that "wasteland" aren't an enormous part of Texas's current economy and history? You seem to be shitting on the majority of your beloved state by your comments.

ohmwrecker
12-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Jack has a beef with some fella named Serg Abaka. Undeserved fine, tbh.