PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of Andrew Bynum? Duncan is his favorite player....

MajicMan
06-29-2005, 02:14 AM
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/headshots/andrew-bynum-hd1.jpg Andrew Bynum
Birthdate: 10/27/87
NBA Position: Center
College: UConn
Class: HS Senior
Ht: 7-0
Wt: 285
Hometown: Metuchen, NJ
High School: St. Joseph HS
2004 Stats

Strengths: A HUGE physical presence. Andrew is the biggest and strongest high school center to arrive in some time. Bynum is a legit 7 footer with great mobility. Offensively Bynum has a small but solid set of post moves, including a very effective baby hook. He is very good at backing down players into the low post and ending with a slam or short hook…Defensively, Bynum is a load in the paint. Although not a prolific shot blocker, Bynum is adept at altering shots and forcing teams to shoot the outside shot. However, he is yet to face a player his size, so his one on one defense has not been truly tested…With time he should develop into an excellent shot blocker…The thing to remember here is that players with his size and mobility are a rarity.

Weaknesses: Raw is the word. While he has been productive in high school, the NBA is a different world. He will be facing players his size on a regular basis. Offensively, his footwork needs much tooling…he rarely shoots the ball outside of the paint. His size won't allow him to dominate like he did in HS. He could really use a small set jumper or another post move. In addition his passing out of the post is very poor and his understanding of defenses is an area of need...Defensively, he needs to move his feet more and become more active. As a rebounder he needs to learn to get in proper position and not rely on his size and athleticism. Additionally, he must stop picking up silly fouls, especially on the offensive end…Lastly, there have been concerns about his weight and conditioning.

Notes: Bynum is a physical marvel…If he works at his game, he could really become a special player. However, this same type of talk was also said of DeSagana Diop

BigDaddyMatty
06-29-2005, 02:16 AM
I hope he is a BUST!!

xcoriate
06-29-2005, 02:21 AM
Sounds like a smart Kid. If he develops some moves he could be something....

Its a big IF though. Good chance to bust, but high reward if he lives to potential. Him at full potential plus Howard once he reaches his? If that ever happens look out.

Man In Black
06-29-2005, 02:23 AM
You just better hope he doesn't turn into another Oliver Miller or Thomas Hamilton.

If you get Brad Daugherty that would go a long way into making the Lakers a Pacific Division Contender. :D

Obi wan Ginobili
06-29-2005, 02:36 AM
Duncan is my favorite player, And I SUCK....

whottt
06-29-2005, 02:38 AM
What do I think?

I think you have a coach that hates playing young guys as much as Larry Brown and you just blew your lottery pick on a player that will be the age of a college rookie right at the end of Kobe's prime...IOW, your GM seems to be in full rebuild mode, not in title run mode, I hope Kobe got the memo.

I do congratulate you guys on the drafting of Brian Grant part 2 though(right down to the hair)....it'll be like you never waived him. And I mean that seriously...I think he was a better pick for winning next season than Bynum.

By the way...don't quote me on this, but I don't think Shaq was 285 in high school, like every Baby Shaq is...I don't think he hit that weight until his second year in College....

emveepee
06-29-2005, 02:39 AM
not even close to Shaq

Mr. Body
06-29-2005, 03:05 AM
whottt is absolutely correct. This seems like a stupid pick. There's no reason to believe he's not Benoit Benjamin and there's no return on this pick for several years, when Kobe's hobbling around with a walker. Since when does Phil Jackson know how to develop talent?

Turiaf I like. A great second round pick. He's a pure banger/enforcer type.

Nbadan
06-29-2005, 05:14 AM
From what I have seen this guy has decent bulk already and some fancy footwork in the paint to go along with it. Sure its gonna take some time for him to develop his game against players his size and with more experience, but you don't pass up on 7 footers with this kinda potential just cause it may take him Jermaine O'Neal time to develop his game. A respectable pick for the Lakers at 10, especially if they can get Divac to take him under his wing, but what happens now to Texas-ex Chris Mihms?

caspian
06-29-2005, 05:34 AM
Just for comparison's sake, I'd take our boy Yawn over this Bynum in a heartbeat.

Bynum is much slower and "lunkier" and Yawn only gives up about two inches. Speed trumps height every time...especially when that speed comes with a Tigger tail.

Kaster
06-29-2005, 05:51 AM
whottt is absolutely correct. This seems like a stupid pick. There's no reason to believe he's not Benoit Benjamin and there's no return on this pick for several years, when Kobe's hobbling around with a walker. Since when does Phil Jackson know how to develop talent?

Turiaf I like. A great second round pick. He's a pure banger/enforcer type.

Kobe Bryant will be hobbling on a walker at the age 29 or 30? Exaggerate much?

sa_butta
06-29-2005, 09:03 AM
This guy seems to be too bulky. He has some potential with some conditioning and hitting the weight room. Seems comparable to Robert Traylor to me with a height advantage. May have short career with knee problems. I saw a profile of him on ESPN had him listed at 300lbs.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/d05/tracker/player?playerId=18773&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fdraft%2fd05%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fplayerId%3d187 73

midgetonadonkey
06-29-2005, 11:13 AM
In the highlights they showed of him, he appeared to be sucking wind after he ran down the court and dunked. He is going to be way to fat to have a productive NBA career. Oliver Miller will look like Olive Oil in comparison

mookie2001
06-29-2005, 11:14 AM
he's younger than hillary duff

itzsoweezee
06-29-2005, 12:27 PM
aka oliver miller jr.

midgetonadonkey
06-29-2005, 01:37 PM
aka oliver miller jr.

I doubt this dude has the Big O's range. Miller can shoot from halfcourt and sink with 50 percent of the time.

SpizdiStrann
06-29-2005, 01:54 PM
boy looks like Eddy Curry no.2

KidCongo
10-26-2008, 02:51 AM
bump

m33p0
10-26-2008, 03:01 AM
bump
:rolleyes
old threads never die. they just fade away... to the bottom of the stack.

angelbelow
10-26-2008, 03:12 AM
lol at the bump.

KidCongo
10-26-2008, 03:14 AM
Would have been worth it if it was in the NBA section of spurstalk...dayum

TDMVPDPOY
10-26-2008, 04:42 AM
why bump this shit?

I HOPE HIS A BUSTS, this is what stopping the spurs...