PDA

View Full Version : Libtards Snubbed by their God Again.

Wild Cobra
12-11-2012, 03:20 AM
Warren Buffets firm Berkshire Hathaway is the largest shareholder of The Washington Post. The Washington Post will pay it's January 2013 dividends on December 27, shielding their stock investors from any tax increases that will occur in 2013.

And you libtards thought Buffet was on your side...

link: Washington Post Co. to pay 2013 dividend early ahead of potential tax changes (http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-12-07/business/35673638_1_dividend-income-dividend-payment-ordinary-income)

boutons_deux
12-11-2012, 05:36 AM
"libtards thought Buffet was on your side"

he's a Class Warrior, part of the 1% stomping the 99% and the planet.

Edward
12-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Buffet has a fiduciary duty to his shareholders to maximize their after-tax wealth, he wouldn't be worth billions today if he put politics or social responsibility before shareholders. Anyone who knows half as much about finance/business as you pretend to would be able to understand why Buffet's actions as a CEO contradict his political views. The whole premise behind his political views is that no one in his position is ever gonna do more favors than the government requires, so the "twickle down" concept that the middle class gets stronger with lower taxes on rich because they have more wealth to give to the middle class out of the kindness of their heart is total bullshit.

Btw, corporations being so eager to kick out dividends at lower tax rates this year and less eager to reinvest earnings is just further proof that lower tax rates don't in any way shape or form stimulate the economy and if anything do the opposite.

Edward
12-11-2012, 11:36 AM
"libtards thought Buffet was on your side"

he's a Class Warrior, part of the 1% stomping the 99% and the planet.

No, he's just a CEO fullfilling his duty to shareholders. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

boutons_deux
12-11-2012, 11:37 AM
the game IS Class War, the 1% vampire-squidding wealth and accumulating it endlessly.

Edward
12-11-2012, 11:41 AM
the game IS Class War, the 1% vampire-squidding wealth and accumulating it endlessly.

I never disputed that, my point is don't fault Buffet personally for being damn good at the game our tax code and government enable him to play.

Drachen
12-11-2012, 03:58 PM
I wonder when one of these AHA, GOTCHA posts from WC will actually get someone. It is funny and sad to watch the attempts though.

Wild Cobra
12-13-2012, 05:36 AM
I never disputed that, my point is don't fault Buffet personally for being damn good at the game our tax code and government enable him to play.
Thing is, he is the one saying he doesn't pay enough in taxes, then changes the dividend date to keep from paying a higher rate.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-13-2012, 06:53 AM
Thing is, he is the one saying he doesn't pay enough in taxes, then changes the dividend date to keep from paying a higher rate.
He has a fiduciary duty to his shareholders to maximize their after-tax wealth in any way he legally can. I'm not sure why that keeps flying over your head. Changing the dividend date and ensuring his shareholders' dividends would be qualified dividends taxed at the LTCG rate was a business decision done as the CEO shareholders trust to maximize value, it's a really simple concept.

George Gervin's Afro
12-13-2012, 08:37 AM
who claimed Buffet was God?

Bill_Brasky
12-13-2012, 01:21 PM
LIBTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wild Cobra
12-13-2012, 01:50 PM
He has a fiduciary duty to his shareholders to maximize their after-tax wealth in any way he legally can. I'm not sure why that keeps flying over your head. Changing the dividend date and ensuring his shareholders' dividends would be qualified dividends taxed at the LTCG rate was a business decision done as the CEO shareholders trust to maximize value, it's a really simple concept.
It doesn't fly over my head at all. You are probably one of the many that have still argued against the rich when I have mentioned their responsibility to stockholders. I find it comical that you now defend it.

I am only reminding you all of the hypocrisy of liberals, and your own.

You keep reminding us that your opinion is Liberal Hypocrisy is good.

scott
12-13-2012, 01:56 PM
It is not hypocritical for someone to simultaneously believe effective tax rates for the wealthy should be higher while maximizing after-tax returns for his shareholders.

It is, however, fucktarded for someone to believe that is hypocritical.

Wild Cobra
12-13-2012, 02:01 PM
It is not hypocritical for someone to simultaneously believe effective tax rates for the wealthy should be hire while maximizing after-tax returns for his shareholders.

It is, however, fucktarded for someone to believe that is hypocritical.
Keep your words in mind the next time you call someone out for shit.

I guess I'm not good at applying liberal attitudes against conservatives to their equivalent of against liberals. You guys don't realize that you act like this against conservatives all the time. Probably best if I try to by act retarded like libtards do. You guys just don't get it.

ChumpDumper
12-13-2012, 02:07 PM
If you tried to act retarded, how could anyone tell the difference?

scott
12-13-2012, 02:07 PM
You're not good at using logic or common sense. It has nothing to do with liberal or conservative attitudes.