PDA

View Full Version : Slash and myles kennedy album

Fabbs
12-11-2012, 12:10 PM
I heard "Standing in the Sun" and thought it was some good work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq9mPNyjsF8

Buddy told me it was not even the best song on this 2nd album "Apocalyptic Love" and that several others were better.
So far I've heard about 3 others and they suck.

What is your take on the new release?
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbLMGCmqhfjOn2NqDyqWXaMtq7ZuPwd C0DLOLQKKbIb-rp1kZmKw

And how was the 1st album?

Fabbs
12-11-2012, 12:16 PM
1. "Apocalyptic Love" 3:28
2. "One Last Thrill" 3:09
3. "Standing In The Sun" 4:03
4. "You're a Lie" 3:50
5. "No More Heroes" 4:23
6. "Halo" 3:22
7. "We Will Roam" 4:49
8. "Anastasia" 6:07
9. "Not For Me" 5:21
10. "Bad Rain" 3:46
11. "Hard & Fast" 3:02
12. "Far And Away" 5:14
13. "Shots Fired"

cantthinkofanything
12-11-2012, 12:42 PM
I heard "Standing in the Sun" and thought it was some good work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq9mPNyjsF8

Buddy told me it was not even the best song on this 2nd album "Apocalyptic Love" and that several others were better.
So far I've heard about 3 others and they suck.

What is your take on the new release?
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbLMGCmqhfjOn2NqDyqWXaMtq7ZuPwd C0DLOLQKKbIb-rp1kZmKw

"1st album"...do you mean Slash or the live Made In Stoke?
I thought the Slash album was pretty cool. Didn't listen to the other.

Fabbs
12-11-2012, 01:01 PM
"1st album"...do you mean Slash or the live Made In Stoke?
I thought the Slash album was pretty cool. Didn't listen to the other.
On the "1st" Slash album, Kennedy appears on a song (or two).
Thus the album i referenced is Slash and Kennedys 2nd "album" collaboration.

per Wiki:
Kennedy has become very well known for his collaborations with current Velvet Revolver and former Guns N' Roses lead guitarist Slash. In late 2009, it was reported that they would be working together on Slash's self-titled debut solo album.[58] Slash later confirmed that Kennedy was chosen to sing and co-write the final song, "Starlight," on his album. Other musicians who appeared on the album include Ozzy Osbourne, Adam Levine of Maroon 5, Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters, Kid Rock, and Chris Cornell of Soundgarden.[59] Then, according to MusicRadar, Slash asked Kennedy to co-write and sing another song, "Back from Cali," which was added to the album at the last minute, making him the only musician to appear on more than one song on the album's standard track listing.[60] The album was released in April 2010.

I'll have to give "Starlight" a listen. Is that the one you heard?

cantthinkofanything
12-11-2012, 02:42 PM

On the "1st" Slash album, Kennedy appears on a song (or two).
Thus the album i referenced is Slash and Kennedys 2nd "album" collaboration.

You're not very clear. There was a live album put out by Slash with Kennedy doing the lead vocals. I didn't listen to that.
I only listened to the first Slash album. I said it was cool. There wasn't anything that was that memorable but it was pretty solid.
But I'm not able to even hum Starlight.

S_A_Longhorn
12-12-2012, 04:50 PM
As a Guns fan, I like the new album. It is a typical Slash album with great riffs and classic Slash solos. You can hear the Guns sound in his songs.

Now, Myles Kennedy is a either a Yay or Nay singer. You will either like him or you won't. I like him on his songs, but not live especially doing GNR songs. This 2nd album is all Kennedy on vocals, so if you like the 2 songs he sang on with Slash's first album, then you like this album.

Lots of great rockers (Standing in the Sun is prob my fav), but Slash has some killer licks on songs like No More Heroes and Anastatsia. The vocals are not as great on those songs, IMO.

Girasuck
12-13-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm still pissed at Kennedy for destroying his voice singing for Slash. His AB tour last year was total shit cause of his voice.