PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: lmao Nash

Clipper Nation
12-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne
Source tells http://ESPNLA.com Lakers hweighing other options at PG. Situation w/ Nash too unclear. Can’t keep waiting while they lose.

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne
Options are fairly limited, but Delonte West, Eddie House, etc. could help. Could do a small trade as well
Details

NRHector
12-11-2012, 11:00 PM
now that's desperation if they are thinking about Delonte West

DMC
12-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Yeah they need more talent. Maybe if Jesus is available, but without Moses and Noah, won't be a lock. Can they get God to come over as a free agent?

lol imagine the Spurs get Howard, Gasol and Jamison.

Ring ring ring ring

timvp
12-11-2012, 11:04 PM
":lolI could never play for the Lakers:lol"

":angelI signed with the Lakers to stay close to my kids:angel"

":cryPlease judge don't let my kids move to Los Angeles:cry"

Malik Hairston
12-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Delonte would solve some of their issues if they could keep him in line, tbh..

D'Antoni actually said "we'll figure things out when Nash comes back" :lol..

HI-FI
12-11-2012, 11:05 PM
so would they be thinking of shipping Nash somewhere else?

holy shit that would be hilarious. his wife should try to get her kids closer to wherever that is.

JRHernandez88
12-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Yeah they need more talent. Maybe if Jesus is available, but without Moses and Noah, won't be a lock. Can they get God to come over as a free agent?

Ring ring ring ring:lmao

DMC
12-11-2012, 11:06 PM
so would they be thinking of shipping Nash somewhere else?

holy shit that would be hilarious. his wife should try to get her kids closer to wherever that is.

Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory I heard.

ElNono
12-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Poor Nash didn't even get to have fun :cry

irishock
12-11-2012, 11:09 PM
I think Lakers will get Delonte West. Kobe's mom better watch out though.

DPG21920
12-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Patty Mills for Jordan Hill. Makes sense for both teams.

Clipper Nation
12-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Yeah they need more talent.

If they really want more talent, they probably shouldn't be looking at washed-up scrubs like Eddie House :lol

DPG21920
12-11-2012, 11:28 PM
I was being serious tbh...Blair/Patty Mills for Jordan Hill. Makes sense for both teams IMO. LA gets a young, fast scoring PG along with a decent big man back. Spurs get a better fit for their 4th big.

timvp
12-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Mills isn't a PG.

DMC
12-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Who is Blair going to spell? Blair isn't nearly as tall as either Howard or Gasol. He's an undersized big who cannot shoot, cannot play defense and is a turnover machine. Patty Mills isn't that great. The Spurs have a way of making sub-par players look pretty damn good, but damn near all of the Spurs bench has a below league average PER. Then again Jordan Hill aint no prize either. Pop probably won't even talk to LA.

DPG21920
12-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Mills isn't a PG.

So? He's a great athlete and can score and plays the position (even if not a true PG). He's scored as a PG in they Olympics, he played PG and did well when TP got hurt and it's not like Jordan Hill is an All Star.

DPG21920
12-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Boils down to this - would you rather have Blair/Mills or Hill/Eddie House?

Malik Hairston
12-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Mills is a terrible defender, they have enough of those, tbh..

Malik Hairston
12-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Boils down to this - would you rather have Blair/Mills or Hill/Eddie House?

Hill/Delonte > tbh..

DPG21920
12-11-2012, 11:46 PM
They also have enough head cases, they don't need another one of those (Delonte).

ElNono
12-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Mills isn't a PG.

And Blair isn't decent

Clipper Nation
12-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
No firm decisions made yet but Lakers, I’m told, ARE weighing pros and cons of creating roster spot to sign Delonte West to ease PG crisis

:lmao :lmao :lmao

DPG21920
12-11-2012, 11:51 PM
What Mills is: Young. Really fast. Very talented scorer. Good teammate. Great energy. Works hard.
What Mills is not: A talented, skilled defender. A true PG. Polished. Old. Slow.

What LA is looking for/needs: A guard that is young, fast, can score. Would like a solid defender at the position as well.
What LA has to give up in order to get that: Average, to very below average big men. Or could go the bargain bin where there is not anyone particularly young or talented on both sides of the ball.

midnightpulp
12-11-2012, 11:52 PM

Ring ring ring ring

It honestly would be unfair to the NBA if the Spurs had a big market appeal and the kind of money that goes along with that. Put the Pop/Duncan-era Spurs in New York, and the Lakers 3 peat never happens nor does the 09-10 repeat. When the Lakers acquired Pau Gasol, the Spurs responded by getting Kurt Thomas :lol

The Spurs biggest off-season moves in this era were singing Ron Mercer and Turkeyglu in '04 and the Richard Jefferson disaster.

Malik Hairston
12-11-2012, 11:55 PM
I usually agree with avoiding a headcase signing, but what do they have to lose at this point, tbh?..

DPG21920
12-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Just reported they were looking at Fisher before Mavs got him :lol. How on Earth could he help? He is old and slow and does nothing well (the corp knowledge is out the door too with a new coach/system and a lot of new guys). Delonte is not a true PG but at least he can defend when on his meds.

Still think they need younger, energy role players that have athleticism and scoring ability.

Brunodf
12-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Just reported they were looking at Fisher before Mavs got him :lol. How on Earth could he help? He is old and slow and does nothing well (the corp knowledge is out the door too with a new coach/system and a lot of new guys). Delonte is not a true PG but at least he can defend when on his meds.

Still think they need younger, energy role players that have athleticism and scoring ability.

Believe it or not, Mavs are much better with Fisher

midnightpulp
12-11-2012, 11:59 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Kupcock, per the usual, always looking for free-agent signings and trades to bail him out.

When is this dipshit going to learn how to draft and develop?

Plenty of athletic, young point guards have been on Laker rosters. Toney Douglas, Jordan Farmar, Ramon Sessions, etc, and the Lakers continue to fail at building a half-way decent PG rotation post-Fisher. Or a decent bench.

"Student has become the teacher." :lmao

Meanwhile, Jerry West (who you know is involved in basketball decisions) is 6 games above .500 with his Warriors.

Mugen
12-12-2012, 12:12 AM
DPG right about det trade. The spurs could trade any combination of Mills/CJ/JA/Bonner/Blair for Jordan Hill and i'd think the Lakers come out on the winning end.

you don't need a true PG with Nash out anyways and ball dominant kobe on your squad. Mills would be the best catch and shoot shooter on their team, instant upgrade over Duhon and Morris. Bonner fits the style much more than Hill ever does. They're defense can't get much worse plus their spacing would be so much better with Mills/Matty off their bench.

If Mitch was a real GM and not just an overrated hack trying to get the biggest name possible, it'd be a legit trade that i'd consider.

DPG21920
12-12-2012, 12:14 AM
Bonner on the Lakers would be damn solid. I still do Bonner/Mills for Jordan Hill but that does make it tougher. Bonner on LA could be a little scary tbh..

Findog
12-12-2012, 12:15 AM
":lolI could never play for the Lakers:lol"

":angelI signed with the Lakers to stay close to my kids:angel"

":cryPlease judge don't let my kids move to Los Angeles:cry"

"Daddy doesn't want you here."

Malik Hairston
12-12-2012, 12:18 AM
Lakers are 5th in the NBA in 3-point shooting..

They need a guard that isn't a complete liability on defense and adds penetration to their offense..West fits the mold IMO..

West is a solid defensive player and opposing team's must respect his ability off the dribble..

timvp
12-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Delonte West would be a pretty good signing. Even when he's being crazy off the court, he's pretty damn solid between the lines. He's definitely better than Duhon or Morris.

The only problem is that he's a slow PG. Not really sure how he'd work in SSOL. Then again, the Lakers would probably be better off making it 14-16 seconds or less, tbh.

timvp
12-12-2012, 12:23 AM
:lol @ DPG talking up the Spurs scrubs like they are legit trading pieces.

Splits
12-12-2012, 12:24 AM
Bonner on the Lakers would be damn solid. I still do Bonner/Mills for Jordan Hill but that does make it tougher. Bonner on LA could be a little scary tbh..

Spurs will never do a trade with LA. But if they did, the last guy I want to see in purple n piss is Bonner. He would probably turn into playoff Horry as soon as we trade him. He's that type of guy.

Mugen
12-12-2012, 12:25 AM

CJ/JA/Bonner would all be legit rotation players on the Lakers tbh...

DPG21920
12-12-2012, 12:26 AM

Do you think Jordan Hill is really that good? And why do you use so much hyperbole with regards to me :lol.

Coach Dan already had no use for Hill with NY, he's not a good fit with him now and it's not about a huge upgrade, but a decent one that makes sense. Never said Patty is a game changer, but he has undeniable scoring talent that he's shown at every level he's played. Bonner, more so than Blair, would be another good fit over Jordan Hill for that system. In that case, yes, I think the trade makes sense.

Mugen
12-12-2012, 12:28 AM
and Devin Ebanks/Darius Morris would be asking how Justin Dentmon liked his coffee if they weren't playing for the Lakers

Splits

Yes. O'Antoni is basically running a 7 deep rotation and DHo and Kirb are playing 40 minutes a night lately. They could use the depth, they're exhausted by the 4th and either blow huge leads or come up short on comebacks.

Basically they suck and I love it and have no interest in seeing it fixed. So pass on Hill.

DPG21920
Lakers are 5th in the NBA in 3-point shooting..

They need a guard that isn't a complete liability on defense and adds penetration to their offense..West fits the mold IMO..

West is a solid defensive player and opposing team's must respect his ability off the dribble..

Overrating Delonte. You don't really have to respect him that much. They need athletes, guys that can shoot (off the ball especially) and guys with athleticism enough to create on their own/break down a guy one v one on occasion. If Neal can work his way to not a complete liability on defense, I'm confident a guy with Patty's athletic ability/energy can be at least serviceable with time.

timvp
12-12-2012, 12:38 AM
Do you think Jordan Hill is really that good?He's not that good but he got $7M this offseason so there's a market for his services. Mills got the minimum and has played worse this season.

And why do you use so much hyperbole with regards to me :lol.What did I say that was hyperbolic? You're the one cowering in fear of the thought of Matt B:lolnner on the Lakers.

Never said Patty is a game changer, but he has undeniable scoring talent that he's shown at every level he's played.His resume looked better a couple months ago and he got the minimum. Can't shine him into a trade piece no matter how much you talk him up.

Bonner, more so than Blair, would be another good fit over Jordan Hill for that system. In that case, yes, I think the trade makes sense.In an open market, Hill is going to be much more sought after than Bonner. Let's be real.

timvp
12-12-2012, 12:39 AM

:lol @ D'Antoni having a rotation.

Mugen
12-12-2012, 12:42 AM
:lol @ D'Antoni having a rotation.

Patty's the closest thing he'd have to Barbosa. And Matty is a homeless version of Tim Thomas.

They'd make the 7 man cut easily on det current squad.

DPG21920
12-12-2012, 12:43 AM
He's not that good but he got $7M this offseason so there's a market for his services. Mills got the minimum and has played worse this season.

He's a big man who's a solid athlete. Ian got a bigger contract and would that argument hold weight? The Spurs let him go...

What did I say that was hyperbolic? You're the one cowering in fear of the thought of Matt B:lolnner on the Lakers.

:lol i c wut u did thur

His resume looked better a couple months ago and he got the minimum. Can't shine him into a trade piece no matter how much you talk him up.

True. That doesn't change the fact that he's young, shown promise, is a solid athlete and good scorer. There are plenty of things that go into a market for a player (can go from rags to riches pretty quickly). I am not talking him up as a trade piece in the sense of a star. I'm talking him up as a trade piece that's better than head case, slow Delonte or Eddie House.

In an open market, Hill is going to be much more sought after than Bonner. Let's be real.

Bonner got paid more than Hill did, did he not? Also, that's not always how trades work. It's about team need, fit and a multitude of other factors. The real question is do you really think Blair/Mills for Hill or Bonner/Mills for Hill is a ridiculous trade that LA would laugh at such as you are?

Malik Hairston
12-12-2012, 01:39 AM
Overrating Delonte. You don't really have to respect him that much. They need athletes, guys that can shoot (off the ball especially) and guys with athleticism enough to create on their own/break down a guy one v one on occasion. If Neal can work his way to not a complete liability on defense, I'm confident a guy with Patty's athletic ability/energy can be at least serviceable with time.

Delonte's dribble and drive game is a significant upgrade over Duhon and Morris..

Neal worked his way into a below average defender in Pop's system..Mills is still a shitty defender in Pop's system, I can't fathom how he would improve under D'Antoni and his lack of defensive responsibility for his players..

I have never understood the Patty Mills hype, tbh..severely undersized SG that doesn't play defense and takes bad shots..sure, I would take him over Darius Morris, but there are better options out there..

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Delonte West >>>>>>> Patty Mills, you're a giant homer if you think otherwise :lmao

Bane.
12-12-2012, 10:45 AM
[Muffled] L.A. destiny almost complete
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdmgqehDX91qeqn3qo1_500.png

DPG21920
12-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Delonte West >>>>>>> Patty Mills, you're a giant homer if you think otherwise :lmao

What a ridiculous use of hyperbole. So let me get this straight, it's now considered "giant homerism" to say a guy who is in the NBA is better (more correctly, a better fit for a certain team) than a headcase that was cut from a team and that is no longer in the NBA :lol?

Going even further, there is plenty of evidence to suggest that even if you believe Delonte is better than Mills, that it's certainly not by a wide margin (in your case about 7 >'s) and thinking that one lower level guy is better than another guy who's out of the league and no one has wanted is in no way, shape or form homerism.

Cry Havoc
12-12-2012, 11:57 AM

Normally I'd laugh with you, but given how desperate the Lakers are looking right now, I'd say that's not too far off the mark.

Captivus
12-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Basically they suck and I love it and have no interest in seeing it fixed. So pass on Hill.

This is what your comment sounded to me:
"You know what, with Hill the Spurs increase the chance of winning...but hey...i rather watch the Lakers BURN!!!"

TDMVPDPOY
12-12-2012, 03:15 PM
still not to late to tank season

jeebus
12-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Why the fuck would the Spurs help the Lakers anyway?

12-12-2012, 03:34 PM
bonner on the lakers does make loads of sense. if the spurs get jordan hill in return, i'm fine with that. although bonner will probably nail all his 3's in the playoffs against the spurs...

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Hor heroic of Spurs fans to be willing to offer Bonner for Jordan Hill.

12-12-2012, 03:41 PM
bonner is an excellent regular season player. and lakers need regular season wins.

DMC
12-12-2012, 03:48 PM
bonner is an excellent regular season player. and lakers need regular season wins.

No. Bonner is able to get some burn because of how the Spurs play and how Tim Duncan draws attention. He's not an excellent regular season player. He's a mediocre bench player and really turns to shit in the playoffs. There are a few excellent players in the league, Bonner isn't one of them.

12-12-2012, 03:56 PM
No. Bonner is able to get some burn because of how the Spurs play and how Tim Duncan draws attention. He's not an excellent regular season player. He's a mediocre bench player and really turns to shit in the playoffs. There are a few excellent players in the league, Bonner isn't one of them.
when the magic were good, they basically modeled their team after the spurs. dwight in the middle with 3 point shooters that surrounded him and a score first PG. see rashard lewis and ryan anderson. dwight excelled in van gundy's system, it only makes sense that getting another 3 point shooting big would help out dwight. so getting a player that excelled in a near identical system makes sense. bonner's 3 point launching also fits with dantoni's shoot first, ask questions later system.

and excellent relative to bonner's potential, not compared to the rest of the league. bonner's 3 point shooting is very good in the regular season for burying teams and momentum shifts.

DMC
12-12-2012, 06:59 PM
when the magic were good, they basically modeled their team after the spurs. dwight in the middle with 3 point shooters that surrounded him and a score first PG. see rashard lewis and ryan anderson. dwight excelled in van gundy's system, it only makes sense that getting another 3 point shooting big would help out dwight. so getting a player that excelled in a near identical system makes sense. bonner's 3 point launching also fits with dantoni's shoot first, ask questions later system.

and excellent relative to bonner's potential, not compared to the rest of the league. bonner's 3 point shooting is very good in the regular season for burying teams and momentum shifts.

Well, Bonner's potential isn't very high, so calling his play excellent is like calling Tori Spelling an excellent actor, based on her potential.

spursmartyr
12-12-2012, 07:21 PM
The Spurs biggest off-season moves in this era were singing Ron Mercer and Turkeyglu in '04 and the Richard Jefferson disaster.
Robert Horry and Brent Barry, tbh

DPG21920
12-12-2012, 07:36 PM

>Implying Jordan Hill is some stud

1) Dantoni had no use for Hill in NY. He has even less use for him in LA where the team is as of now a slightly worse fit apparently for his system than when Hill was in NY.

2) Why are you scoffing Bonner over Hill (while ignoring the fact they would also get a guy like Patty as well)? Matt Bonner & Hill have about the same exact career PER. There per minute/advanced stats comparison?:

Bonner Per 36 minutes: 13 PPG, 6.7 REB, 1.4 AST, .8STL, .6BLK on 46% FG, 42%3PFG, 78% FT - Career PER 14.1

Hill Per 36 minutes: 13 PPG, 10.7 REB, 1 AST, .7STL, 1.6BLK on 49% FG, 0%3PFG, 67% FT - Career PER 14.6

Bonner Advanced: TS% 58%, 119 ORtg, 106 DRtg, Win Shares/48 of .141

Hill Advanced: TS% 52%, 107 ORtg, 106 DRtg, Win Shares/48 of .100

So by all accounts, despite what your bias or argument may be, Bonner for Hill is more than a fair trade with Bonner being the better, more impactful player overall. Jordan Hill has apparently turned into some mythological beast of a big man for some reason...The actual stats show that Bonner is a much better offensive player, that is much worse at rebounding/shotblocking than Hill - although he has a similar actual impact defensively. He's so far ahead of Jordan offensively though with regards to impact that it appears to make up for the lack of rebounding/shotblocking.

If you look at RAPM as well (widely regarded as a great advanced stat) the picture for Bonner over Hill is even better...

Again, no one is arguing Bonner or Mills is a star. No one is saying this is some blockbuster deal. But the fact is Hill is a mediocre player, like Bonner/Mills and this trade is just a minor deal that has legit reasons why it could be useful to both teams IMO. Hell, I'm not even saying that on an open market today that Bonner would garner more interest than Hill.

Hill is not a good fit for Dantoni (this was proven when he was shipped out of NY). Bonner is not a good player, however, he has been consistently a positive when on the court for the regular season. Spurs fans problem with Bonner is that he chokes in the playoffs and that he was used too much in a role that was not fair to him. He is however undeniably a positive when on the court during long regular seasons. It's also hard to argue that he (Bonner) would not be a much better fit than Hill on the Lakers (same with Hill on the Spurs) which is why to me the trade makes sense.

I get if you don't like the deal, but to imply Hill is some stud compared to Bonner or that Patty (at this point, all things considered) is way worse than Delonte has no bearing in reality IMO and is purely personal opinion/bias. I would imagine quite a few Laker people would welcome Bonner into their rotation over Hill and I don't blame them. As a fourth big (vs a starter or 3rd big like with the Spurs), Bonner can be damn useful with his excellent 3 point shooting and decent defense.