PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: lol d'antoni

skut_farkus
12-12-2012, 12:12 AM
Reporter: did you guys practice defense during shootaround today?

D'antoni: "hell yea we did, for 30 minutes.. Your starting to piss me off"

30 minute defense drills :lol
D'antoni :lol
Dwight pointing fingers at Jordan hill :lol
Kobe :lol
Lakerland :lol

Splits
12-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Last 30 seconds: http://www.lakersmedia.com/highlights/streaming/5149-lakers-at-cavaliers-1211-mike-dantoni-interview.html

skut_farkus
12-12-2012, 12:15 AM
:lmao

FkLA
12-12-2012, 12:20 AM
Last 30 seconds: http://www.lakersmedia.com/highlights/streaming/5149-lakers-at-cavaliers-1211-mike-dantoni-interview.html

:lmao :lmao :lmao

The Weiner
12-12-2012, 12:21 AM
:rollin

Arcadian
12-12-2012, 12:27 AM
"we'll have better flow when Steve comes back" :lol

He must be pissed that he had to start his new coaching job without Nash.

baseline bum
12-12-2012, 12:38 AM
So who had a worse week between Pringles and Pacman?

Brunodf
12-12-2012, 12:50 AM
So who had a worse week between Pringles and Pacman?

Pacman ruined his legacy, Pringles never had one

InRareForm
12-12-2012, 12:52 AM
:lol

mojorizen7
12-12-2012, 12:55 AM
:lol

"I don't know." Tremendous leadership skills as a speaker there Mike.

JRHernandez88
12-12-2012, 01:03 AM
laughing all the way to the bank...

JRHernandez88
12-12-2012, 01:06 AM
just saw the last 30 seconds thats hilarious

Spurs9
12-12-2012, 01:07 AM
D'antoni was really pissed tbh
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2010/6/10/129206788056782403.jpg

Splits
12-12-2012, 01:11 AM
D'antoni was really pissed tbh
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2010/6/10/129206788056782403.jpg

Damn I wish I had photoshop, Pringle's face would be http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c0/LosAngeles_Lakers_logo.svg/200px-LosAngeles_Lakers_logo.svg.png

ffadicted
12-12-2012, 01:11 AM
TBh laugh all you want but Jesus fuck what a gaywad reporter

TampaDude
12-12-2012, 01:14 AM
Complete.

Lakers.

Nuclear.

Meltdown.

Imminent.

Spursfan092120
12-12-2012, 01:18 AM
Yeah...kinda the route I was going too..that guy was a complete douchebag. Pringles sucks and all, but that reporter was mindnumbingly annoying.

Latarian Milton
12-12-2012, 01:19 AM
30min defense drill :lmao doubt _'antonie would ever make it longer than 30 secs tbh

Latarian Milton
12-12-2012, 01:24 AM
30 minutes? sounds like the total amount of time he'll have spent on defense throughout his lifetime tbh

baseline bum
12-12-2012, 04:43 AM
Laker fan needs to organize an Occupy Staples to get Jim Buss out of power before he turns a once proud team into the mid 90s Celtics.

CavsSuperFan
12-12-2012, 07:05 AM
I think the Lakers are the best team in the NBA and they are welcome to the Cavaliers home coming anytime! Props to the Lakers and their fans for boosting the confidence of OUR team…

The Cavs have Byron Scott and the Lakers have Coach Pringles…How cool is that? :lol

rayjayjohnson
12-12-2012, 07:07 AM
*you're

Juggity
12-12-2012, 07:14 AM

:tu

spurraider21
12-12-2012, 08:11 AM
How long are D'Antoni's defense sessions at practice?

7 seconds or less

BillMc
12-12-2012, 08:35 AM
These questions are going to get worse as time goes by. Pressure is on Pringles, and really "Steve will figure it out for us" doesn't instill confidence in his coaching powers.

That said, I can only imagine Pop with a reporter acting that way. It would have been beautiful to watch.

Drachen
12-12-2012, 09:08 AM
How long are D'Antoni's defense sessions at practice?

7 seconds or less

AWWWWWW I see what you did there.

Dex
12-12-2012, 10:48 AM
How many times did he say, "That's a good question"? Isn't he being paid to have the answers to these questions?

Cry Havoc
12-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Yeah...kinda the route I was going too..that guy was a complete douchebag. Pringles sucks and all, but that reporter was mindnumbingly annoying.

In his defense, it's tough to interview a coach and hear, "I don't know" or "Good question" ad nauseam. Makes it kind of difficult for a reporter to do their job, yeah?

Mel_13
12-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Disagree D'Antoni would quit Lakers. He doesn't quit unless assured full pay. Still, he's quit so often he qualifies as Van Gundy brother

https://twitter.com/PeterVecsey1

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-12-2012, 02:06 PM
In his defense, it's tough to interview a coach and hear, "I don't know" or "Good question" ad nauseam. Makes it kind of difficult for a reporter to do their job, yeah?

Bingo.

D'antoni never left Phoenix or maybe thinks he's back in Phoenix the way he handled those questions. He tried to turn basically every serious question asked into a joke with gimmicky evasive comments along the lines of, "haha if I knew the answer to that then it wouldn't be a problem lol" or "roflrofl that's a good question and I don't get paid enough to know the answer haha!" that make him look more likeable and make the reporter look like an asshole for asking him real questions. 90210 personifies the term average american so it's no wonder those tricks work on him.

Those tricks also work wonders on the lightweight Phoenix journalists because most of them are so eager for an ego boost that being told, "Good question!" by the person being asked puts them in such a state of bliss they forget about the part where they're supposed to get an answer. Additionally all the middle aged Phoenix fans who love substanceless people, like Jan Brewer and Sarah Palin, who come off as adorable and folksy fall in love with coaches/executives who suck at their job but have "good core values," the way Jerry and Bryan Colangelo were horrible owners but were loved for a phony no-tolerance policy of Suns players getting in trouble off the court.

If you can get the Phoenix media and Phoenix fans to like you as a person, you can totally suck at your job and it'll take years for the city to realize it. D'antoni answers questions like that because he got his start in Phoenix and he thinks all journalists are like the ones in Phoenix who he can mindfuck with no effort, when journalists in real cities like LA and NY only make it if they persist and get answers to their questions.

lefty
12-12-2012, 02:11 PM
D'Antoni is so easy to troll :lol

When the Raps played the Knicks in Montreal a couple of years ago, I told him I was a Spurs fan

He didnt seem to be pleased with what I told him :lol

Spursfan092120
12-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Yeah...most definitely. I was just saying the reporter was a douche. We already know D'Antoni is...that's no front page news.

Dex
12-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Yeah...most definitely. I was just saying the reporter was a douche. We already know D'Antoni is...that's no front page news.

Was he digging at D'Antoni a bit? Sure.

Were they all reasonable, justified questions to ask about the team and the coaches handling of said team? Definitely.

To be honest, Pringles brought it upon himself by refusing to answer questions with more than "good question" or "I don't know". He's getting paid to have the answers, not just for the reporters but, more importantly, for the team.

As a Spurs fan, though...I love it. Lakers and D'Antoni are a match made in heaven.

DMC
12-12-2012, 05:27 PM
I would have said "yes I get paid to know, but not by you".

Either way, Mike was high as fuck.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-12-2012, 05:36 PM
There was absolutely nothing wrong with the questions the reporter asked or the way they were asked. D'antoni had just dropped to 4-8 as the coach of a team that was supposed to be a favorite to win the west after losing to THE worst team in the NBA. The question D'antoni flipped out at was actually the reporter doing him a favor by giving him the chance to respond to a rumor. I guess the next time there's a rumor circulating about D'antoni, he'd rather the press just go with it as oppose to follow up with him.

The way 90210 feels about this reporter is probably how he also feels about Katie Couric repeatedly asking Sarah Palin why Alaska's proximity to Russia gave her foreign policy experience because the answer Palin kept giving didn't answer the question.

Clipper Nation
12-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Tbh, Simers is known as a douchebag and shit-stirrer... even Phil used to flip a shit on that troll sometimes... he also tried to stir up locker room drama with Mo Williams last year...

Raven
12-12-2012, 05:56 PM
tbh the answers _antoni gave were quite spot on.. it pretty much meant "yeah I know Kobe is a ballhog and is killing the team, but please don't make me say it"

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Tbh, Simers is known as a douchebag and shit-stirrer... even Phil used to flip a shit on that troll sometimes... he also tried to stir up locker room drama with Mo Williams last year...
In this particular situation he didn't do anything wrong. If asking, "What's wrong with the team's defense?" is considered a shit stirring question then I'm not sure what a journalist is supposed to ask. I guess they're limited to, "What's been your favorite restaurant since moving to LA!" type questions, like how people thought the media should only ask Sarah Palin about stuff like her faith in Jesus Christ or the hardships of raising a retarded baby.

Stalin
12-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Bingo.

D'antoni never left Phoenix or maybe thinks he's back in Phoenix the way he handled those questions. He tried to turn basically every serious question asked into a joke with gimmicky evasive comments along the lines of, "haha if I knew the answer to that then it wouldn't be a problem lol" or "roflrofl that's a good question and I don't get paid enough to know the answer haha!" that make him look more likeable and make the reporter look like an asshole for asking him real questions. 90210 personifies the term average american so it's no wonder those tricks work on him.

Those tricks also work wonders on the lightweight Phoenix journalists because most of them are so eager for an ego boost that being told, "Good question!" by the person being asked puts them in such a state of bliss they forget about the part where they're supposed to get an answer. Additionally all the middle aged Phoenix fans who love substanceless people, like Jan Brewer and Sarah Palin, who come off as adorable and folksy fall in love with coaches/executives who suck at their job but have "good core values," the way Jerry and Bryan Colangelo were horrible owners but were loved for a phony no-tolerance policy of Suns players getting in trouble off the court.

If you can get the Phoenix media and Phoenix fans to like you as a person, you can totally suck at your job and it'll take years for the city to realize it. D'antoni answers questions like that because he got his start in Phoenix and he thinks all journalists are like the ones in Phoenix who he can mindfuck with no effort, when journalists in real cities like LA and NY only make it if they persist and get answers to their questions.

fascinating essay, scrah

Spursfan092120
12-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Was he digging at D'Antoni a bit? Sure.

Were they all reasonable, justified questions to ask about the team and the coaches handling of said team? Definitely.

To be honest, Pringles brought it upon himself by refusing to answer questions with more than "good question" or "I don't know". He's getting paid to have the answers, not just for the reporters but, more importantly, for the team.

As a Spurs fan, though...I love it. Lakers and D'Antoni are a match made in heaven.
I called from the beginning this was a match made in hell for LA...you would have been better off keeping Bickerstaff.

Spursfan092120
12-12-2012, 07:16 PM
There was absolutely nothing wrong with the questions the reporter asked or the way they were asked. D'antoni had just dropped to 4-8 as the coach of a team that was supposed to be a favorite to win the west after losing to THE worst team in the NBA. The question D'antoni flipped out at was actually the reporter doing him a favor by giving him the chance to respond to a rumor. I guess the next time there's a rumor circulating about D'antoni, he'd rather the press just go with it as oppose to follow up with him.

The way 90210 feels about this reporter is probably how he also feels about Katie Couric repeatedly asking Sarah Palin why Alaska's proximity to Russia gave her foreign policy experience because the answer Palin kept giving didn't answer the question.
I had a problem with the WAY he asked the questions. It wasn't professional. The attitude and tone he spoke with were out of line. The questions were fine...the way he presented them were not.