AussieFanKurt
12-12-2012, 02:08 AM
rapt:lolrs

AussieFanKurt
12-12-2012, 02:12 AM
http://www.hoops-nation.com/jose-calderon-wants-out/

Juggity
12-12-2012, 02:17 AM
Calderon to the Lakers. Nash goes back to Canada.

Malik Hairston
12-12-2012, 02:18 AM
Great news for the Raptors, tbh..Colangelo would have never traded him without force..

The Raptors need 3 things to happen to turn this shit around..

1. Fire Colangelo
2. Trade Bargnani/Calderon
3. Fire Casey

timvp
12-12-2012, 02:22 AM
Calderon REALLY wants to join the Lakers. I hope Colangelo holds off.

timvp
12-12-2012, 02:29 AM
Great news for the Raptors, tbh..Colangelo would have never traded him without force..

1. Fire Colangelo
3. Fire Casey

Toronto just needs to get nuked at this point. Outside of Lowry and vRobot, everyone on that roster is overpaid. It's just a horribly constructed team with a handful of unspeakably bad contracts. Even Lowry has turned into a fat, emo coach killer.

I've been impressed with Casey's ability to coach defense but yeah his offensive sets are laughable.

AussieFanKurt
12-12-2012, 02:30 AM
He will go to lakers undoubtably. Nba setting this up very well

LkrFan
12-12-2012, 02:32 AM
Do it Mitch!

Signed,
Every PG in the league

This dude's _efense is on par with Nash. :td

Malik Hairston
12-12-2012, 02:53 AM
Toronto just needs to get nuked at this point. Outside of Lowry and vRobot, everyone on that roster is overpaid. It's just a horribly constructed team with a handful of unspeakably bad contracts. Even Lowry has turned into a fat, emo coach killer.

I've been impressed with Casey's ability to coach defense but yeah his offensive sets are laughable.

I liked Casey last year, but he has been horrible this year, particularly his questionable rotations..it's possible that Colangelo has been influencing him to play certain players more than others, according to rumors..He hasn't allowed Valenciunas and Ross to develop..

Apparently Lowry got called out by the rest of the team following the Utah game..he doesn't play defense anymore and his attitude sucks..this seems to be common with fat PGs..

Derozan is soft and overrated, but they're stuck with him..Amir Johnson is overpaid, but he's a good bench big, along with Ed Davis, tbh..

Bargnani is one of the most cancerous players in NBA history and he's virtually untradable..Landry Fields is atrocious..Calderon is good, but he's overpaid/limited and has wanted out for a minute..

Colangelo is arguably the worst GM in sports, yet he continues to receive support from ownership..the hockey-based Toronto media hasn't allocated any blame on him..he has killed an already shitty franchise, tbh..

Jacob1983
12-12-2012, 03:56 AM
Why are the Raptors still a team? The team is a freakin' joke. They have won one playoff series in the history of their franchise and haven't been relevant since Vince Carter was in his prime. And they play in Toronto. That's not a basketball city. Why doesn't Stern get some balls and move the Raptors to Seattle and let them be the Super Sonics?

Juggity
12-12-2012, 04:11 AM
Why are the Raptors still a team? The team is a freakin' joke. They have won one playoff series in the history of their franchise and haven't been relevant since Vince Carter was in his prime. And they play in Toronto. That's not a basketball city. Why doesn't Stern get some balls and move the Raptors to Seattle and let them be the Super Sonics?

Their attendance figures are pretty good, despite the shitty management of the franchise.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

AussieFanKurt
12-12-2012, 04:14 AM
Top 10.. Wtf. I would have thought bottom. What other teams do they have in Toronto?

rayjayjohnson
12-12-2012, 04:56 AM
Top 10.. Wtf. I would have thought bottom. What other teams do they have in Toronto?

leafs. it's all about the leafs

BanditHiro
12-12-2012, 05:53 AM
I never understood why they never went all in and over-paid for Nash during his prime. The investment would have netted them a shit ton of money.

spurraider21
12-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Calderon is a very valuable asset. A pretty darn good offensive point guard, and is also a 10 million dollar expiring contract. There was also a story on yahoo that the Lakers rejected a deal along the lines of Bargnani-Calderon package for Gasol. They might want to rethink it, as Bargnani would actually be a better fit than Pau, and they could really use Calderon.

But with Gasol being the only real tradable asset, the Lakers will be VERY careful and would explore every avenue before dealing Pau. Because after dealing him, they have no real movable parts and are still over the cap, so they can't really sign anybody.

resistanze
12-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Thank GOD.

Hopefully they could put a package of Calderon, Bargnani and Colangelo for a pack of gum + cap space. What a terrible fucking team.

lefty
12-12-2012, 02:09 PM

1. Fire Colangelo
3. Fire Casey

This

And also get rid of Colangelo's boy toy in the process

You know, that fat Italian scout who oversees soft faggots playing in Euroe

hater
12-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Calderon > Nash at this point. No way Nash comes back 100%

Calderon + Bean + Artest + Gasol + Homer Simpson make the WCF easily

fevertrees
12-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Their attendance figures are pretty good, despite the shitty management of the franchise.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

surprise surprise the Pelicans sitting at the bottom but NEW ORLEANS LOVES BASKETBALL

UZER
12-12-2012, 05:40 PM
So Lakers need another big and PG (according to the please help poor Kobe crowd)...and out of the blue love and Calderon want trades....hmmm......WWE per par.

Koolaid_Man
12-12-2012, 06:49 PM
rapt:lolrs

Calderon and West would be a nice Combo upgrade for LA....buh-bye Duhon and Blake

Koolaid_Man
12-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Here's the way I see it...We need to package Artest and Pau to Toronto if those fags down in ATL won't give us Josh...I would still prefer Josh for Pau...and then add West...but something tells me this would work better:

Kobe / West / Meeks
Dwight / Hill
Bargnani / Jamison
Kleiza/ Artest
Nash / Calderon

DMC
12-12-2012, 06:56 PM
LA is facing a crisis. Their star is very close to being done. They are spending a vulgar amount of money for piss poor results, and their up and coming hopes are Howard and maybe Calderon and West? Pau Gasol isn't going to be any good for them, he's worse mentally than the dude from Se7en who they found in the bed, thinking he was already dead.

It serves them right though. They are the Frankenstein of stacked teams, all parts from dead bodies that barely work together and are destined to destroy their own maker.

Clipper Nation
12-12-2012, 06:59 PM
So Lakers need another big and PG (according to the please help poor Kobe crowd)...and out of the blue love and Calderon want trades....hmmm......WWE per par.
Huh? Love doesn't want a trade and Calderon is trash...

Malik Hairston
12-12-2012, 07:16 PM

Love has been complaining about Minny management and his supporting cast, as recently as last week..

Spursfan092120
12-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Love has been bitching for a bit, now. And for a guy like him to bitch, there must be something wrong. I'd put money that he's already mentioned possibly wanting out.

Clipper Nation
12-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Love has been complaining about Minny management and his supporting cast, as recently as last week..
Yeah, but he's setting the stage to opt out of his contract in a couple years, not to demand a trade, imho....

Koolaid_Man
12-12-2012, 07:30 PM
I just checked the ESPN trade machine and this trade checks out..it's legit...

Lakers get: Calderon and Klieza

Raptors get: Chris Duhon, Steve Blake, Earl Clark, and Robert Sacre, Ron Artest

Lakers new line-up is:

Kobe
Nash / Calderon
Pau
Dwight
Klieza

Do It Mitch

DMC
12-12-2012, 07:31 PM
So basically Laker fan is blaming everything on the PG who rarely touches the ball.

Got it.

"Waiter, my food tastes bad, I think the fish has gone bad"

Waiter: "Sir, I'll take this and be right back...... here you go, we replaced the asparagus"

"Waiter, it still tastes bad, I think the fish is spoiled"

Waiter: "So sorry, let me take this and get you something good.... here you go sir, we replaced the bread"

"Waiter, the fish still tastes like it's spoiled"

Waiter: "Ok then we can trade the bread and the asparagus for some mixed veggies and a potato, would that be better?"

Koolaid_Man
12-12-2012, 07:37 PM
So basically Laker fan is blaming everything on the PG who rarely touches the ball.

Got it.

1st - thanks for recognizing me as a Laker fan...finally...

2nd - We need a play-maker that's going to give it to Westbrook and Tony Parker's asses...Calderon can do that along with Delonte...with those two guys we will fuck up your world....

3rd - We gots to get rid of Artest's ass...that nigga running around shooting shots off the dribble like he Larry Bird or some shit...dribbling the ball up running wild like a fuking headless chicken...it's sickening to watch...

4th - Maybe we keep Pau if we can find a way to fuck over Toronto...and if not then we still have him to trade straight to ATL for Josh..

so now it will be:

Kobe / Delonte / Meeks
Dwight
Josh Smith
Calderon / Nash
Kleiza

DMC
12-12-2012, 07:42 PM

2nd - We need a play-maker that's going to give it to Westbrook and Tony Parker's asses...Calderon can do that along with Delonte...with those two guys we will fuck up your world....

3rd - We gots to get rid of Artest's ass...that nigga running around shooting shots off the dribble like he Larry Bird or some shit...dribbling the ball up running wild like a fuking headless chicken...it's sickening to watch...

4th - Maybe we keep Pau if we can find a way to fuck over Toronto...and if not then we still have him to trade straight to ATL for Josh..

so now it will be:

Kobe / Delonte / Meeks
Dwight
Josh Smith
Calderon / Nash
Kleiza

I wasn't talking about you, but Laker fan in general. All of them are posers, just like you Extra Stout.

You were snorkeling in Howards semen just a few months ago. What happened?

Banzai
12-12-2012, 08:09 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/forever-a-thumb.jpg

weebo
12-12-2012, 08:37 PM
The craptors should just call it and contract.....no reason for the NBA to have a team in Canada...that team is doomed to fail forever because no one wants to play there...

superbigtime
12-12-2012, 08:52 PM

That just makes too much sense! I was actually thinking the other week when Spurs were playing the Raps, what a drag it must be for those guys to make ANY away game, just about everything is super-far except for chicago, milwaukee, and new england states.

lefty
12-12-2012, 09:02 PM
The craptors should just call it and contract.....no reason for the NBA to have a team in Canada...that team is doomed to fail forever because no one wants to play there...

Well if they had a better team, they would attract better players

The problem is the shitty management

Amaso
12-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Here's the way I see it...We need to package Artest and Pau to Toronto if those fags down in ATL won't give us Josh...I would still prefer Josh for Pau...and then add West...but something tells me this would work better:

Kobe / West / Meeks
Dwight / Hill
Bargnani / Jamison
Kleiza/ Artest
Nash / Calderon

this would be one of the worst defensive teams of all time...

Obviously we are all overreacting at the Lakers record(although it should be well over .500 anyway) because they havent been able to all play together yet, but the Lakers biggest problem is, despite having so much talent, all their players except maybe Dwight are all good players because they can score. Kobe - scorer, Gasol - scorer, Nash - scorer/passer, Jamison - scorer, Meeks - scorer, MWP - shoots alot(not his fault). They don't have a good combination of guys with certain roles, and a team with Nash/Gasol/Howard/Kobe needs to be complemented with youth, pure shooters, and defensive players. Getting these kind of players these days are hard though, especially when you don't have that much flexibility like the situation the Lakers are in.

When you have so many guys that want to score or have the ball in their hands in the game at once, it makes certain players value on the court smaller. Pau Gasol is still a pretty solid 20/10 guy in this league, and if he's the 2nd option you will be getting lots of value from him and his $19million contract despite his defensive inefficiency's because you can put more defensive/3point shooters in the game.

ffadicted
12-12-2012, 10:25 PM

I live in Toronto, and I can safely say this is the most retarded sports city in all of north america probably. The leafs are fucking GARBAGE and have been for years, yet they sell out pretty much every game and have ridiculous revenue... while the raptors aren't quite as popular, they're still similar, with regular season games going for 300+ and people still buy that shit despite the awful fucking team. IDK what it is here, but people are really "supportive" of their sports teams.

And toronto has MLS with toronto fc, MLB with the jays, NBA with the raps, NHL with the leafs and CFL with the argos (although tbh CFL is fake league lol ironically it's the only team the performs well)

Cry Havoc
12-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Calderon REALLY wants to join the Lakers. I hope Colangelo holds off.

how could they possibly take on another $10 mil in contracts? He's expiring too, gonna get paid next year. There's no way the Lakers can swing that. They'd have to dump Metta, or give up Hill to the Raptors.

racm
12-13-2012, 10:05 AM
I live in Toronto, and I can safely say this is the most retarded sports city in all of north america probably. The leafs are fucking GARBAGE and have been for years, yet they sell out pretty much every game and have ridiculous revenue... while the raptors aren't quite as popular, they're still similar, with regular season games going for 300+ and people still buy that shit despite the awful fucking team. IDK what it is here, but people are really "supportive" of their sports teams.

And toronto has MLS with toronto fc, MLB with the jays, NBA with the raps, NHL with the leafs and CFL with the argos (although tbh CFL is fake league lol ironically it's the only team the performs well)

Aren't they all managed by the same company?

resistanze
12-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Aren't they all managed by the same company?

MLSE (owned by Rogers-Bell partnership) own the Raptors, Maple Leafs, Marlies (minor league hockey) and Toronto FC (soccer). When the 2 biggest telecom competetitors join forces to buy teams, it just tells you the level of competition in this country.

The Blue Jays are owned by Rogers.

racm
12-13-2012, 10:27 AM
MLSE (owned by Rogers-Bell partnership) own the Raptors, Maple Leafs, Marlies (minor league hockey) and Toronto FC (soccer). When the 2 biggest telecom competetitors join forces to buy teams, it just tells you the level of competition in this country.

The Blue Jays are owned by Rogers.

Ah, yes. No wonder they allow those franchises to wallow in mediocrity.

Koolaid_Man
12-13-2012, 12:09 PM
this would be one of the worst defensive teams of all time...

Obviously we are all overreacting at the Lakers record(although it should be well over .500 anyway) because they havent been able to all play together yet, but the Lakers biggest problem is, despite having so much talent, all their players except maybe Dwight are all good players because they can score. Kobe - scorer, Gasol - scorer, Nash - scorer/passer, Jamison - scorer, Meeks - scorer, MWP - shoots alot(not his fault). They don't have a good combination of guys with certain roles, and a team with Nash/Gasol/Howard/Kobe needs to be complemented with youth, pure shooters, and defensive players. Getting these kind of players these days are hard though, especially when you don't have that much flexibility like the situation the Lakers are in.

When you have so many guys that want to score or have the ball in their hands in the game at once, it makes certain players value on the court smaller. Pau Gasol is still a pretty solid 20/10 guy in this league, and if he's the 2nd option you will be getting lots of value from him and his $19million contract despite his defensive inefficiency's because you can put more defensive/3point shooters in the game.

^ From where we stand today...we have no where to go but up....I'm beginning to think Gasol may not be the problem after all...I think Ron Artest is...it seems he's just out there playing like he's in a fucking wild wild west old cantina style shoot-out...He's jacking the ball up whenever he feels like it and from where ever...every time he dribbles it pretty much leads to a turn-over fast break 2 points on the other end...he's literally getting torched on a nightly basis by whomever he's guarding...he's not providing Dwight any help defensively..abd what's sad is that he feels he's really contributing something solid...Kobe likes him and he will literally fight for Kobe...so I guess he'll stay but we need to move him to the bench if we cannot trade him...I'd trade him straight up for Linis Klieza tbh...

Pau has issues but I'm willing to see how this plays out at least until end of Jan. Man what I'd give to get Ariza back right about now...but I won't cry too much about it..Artest did give us:

Kobe 5
TOSB 4

purplengold
12-13-2012, 05:13 PM

so now it will be:

Kobe / Delonte / Meeks
Dwight
Josh Smith
Calderon / Nash
Kleiza

Dun feed dick munchin cuck, foo hungry staring at them sausage fingers he got.

Calderon n Nash just add more defensive problems, we get him just for expiring if anytin.