PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: Are the Knicks for real?

LkrFan
12-12-2012, 04:43 AM
Not gonna lie, that comeback win versus Brooklyn was impressive. They're also the only team to beat down the Heat twice this year.

Quality wins:
Heat (twice)
Spurs

Bad losses:
Rockets
Mavs

X-Factor: Amare. He bet not come back and mess this up. If he comes back and honestly try to fit in, they can challenge Miami. Their series could go 7 - where anything could happen tbh.

Discuss sons.

rayjayjohnson
12-12-2012, 04:51 AM
i hope not, but it looks like it.

marshmelo playing mvp ball

AussieFanKurt
12-12-2012, 05:08 AM
As long as melo doesn't become cancer like he always seems to be

Reck
12-12-2012, 05:14 AM
Is not a question of if, is a question of when Amare will be back.

They're paying this guy too much money to just be a cheerleader.

When Melo was out for however many games last year people were saying how ge would screw up the team chemistry with Lin at the point. Obviously different circustances then but I dont think you can put full blame on a guy if they dont make it deep in the pkayoffs or whatever.

jeebus
12-12-2012, 09:11 AM
I'll give you my answer in March

JRHernandez88
12-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Yeah, Carmelo's gonna steal LeBrons MVP too...

KaiRMD1
12-12-2012, 09:52 AM
As long as Melo doesn't decide to be the center of attention, the Knicks look to actually be serious contenders. Melo is the key, the guy is the worst leader to any NBA team.

Ace
12-12-2012, 10:08 AM
I'll give you my answer in March
He's only asking to gauge how bad it will be on Thursday :lol

Mr. Body
12-12-2012, 10:10 AM
They have a good coach finally instead of shit-ass Mike D'Antoni.

They have good veterans who know how to win.

Carmelo's self-centeredness is completely overrated. The guy wins games, period. He won an NCAA title by himself and I don't think he's ever missed the playoffs. Getting to the next level is a matter of coaching and players around him.

The question of Amare is a very good one.

All eyes on the last two games with Miami. If they show they can consistenly beat them, the East is really interesting.

jeebus
12-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Lakers by 5

lefty
12-12-2012, 02:08 PM
ECF at best, but that's about it

At worst, lose in 7 in the ECSF

They barely beat a Lopez-less Nets yesterday
And they played the Nets the 1st time (lopez played), they lost to them

LkrFan
12-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Uh, no I'm not. Just because you guys got back to back 2:lol-point beatdowns doesn't mean I'm scared. My team is what their record indicates. This thread has nothing to do with them. As you might've guessed, it's all about keeping det TOSB Wade out of the Finals. The prospects are looking good so far, tbh.

LkrFan
12-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Lakers by 5
lefty, is det you? Stop jinxing us man. :lol

LkrFan
12-12-2012, 02:30 PM
ECF at best, but that's about it

At worst, lose in 7 in the ECSF

They barely beat a Lopez-less Nets yesterday
And they played the Nets the 1st time (lopez played), they lost to them
Good point. Truth be told, both times they played without Amare. :downspin:

Richie
12-12-2012, 02:32 PM
They have a good coach finally instead of shit-ass Mike D'Antoni.

They have good veterans who know how to win.

Carmelo's self-centeredness is completely overrated. The guy wins games, period. He won an NCAA title by himself and I don't think he's ever missed the playoffs. Getting to the next level is a matter of coaching and players around him.

The question of Amare is a very good one.

All eyes on the last two games with Miami. If they show they can consistenly beat them, the East is really interesting.

Melo is 16-38 all time in the playoffs, with 10 of those wins coming in a single season. He may have never missed the playoffs, but he's never done anything in the playoffs to make that statistic worth repeating.

jeebus
12-12-2012, 02:33 PM
lefty, is det you? Stop jinxing us man. :lol

if they get creampied by 25 points with Friend Killer going off, then I'll just say "never trust those faggots" and bump the .500 thread with nono. but if I'm right and the Lakers win, then I can gloat for a few seconds and bump the .500 thread with nono. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Is not a question of if, is a question of when Amare will be back.

They're paying this guy too much money to just be a cheerleader.
Regardless of what they're paying him his knees could be done. Even I can't deny how unlikely Amare ever playing good basketball for a sustainable period again is. He's missed the Knicks last 40 games and had a horrible year last year. It might be a question of when he physically returns to the basketball court, but it's a question of if he'll ever be more than a total shell of his former self.

He no longer has the need to carry a team's offense as an excuse to half ass defense/rebounding. The only way the Knicks are a true contender is if Amare comes back as a player focused on defense and rebounding who's key offensive contributions are efficient mid range jump shooting so he doesn't fuck up their spacing and great offensive rebounding. The 2010 Suns went on an unexpected playoff run largely because of how good Amare's offensive rebounding was that year, and he needs to do that for NY.

Sidenote, but :lol all the dumbasses on this site who insisted Laundry Fields was a :crygreat high IQ'ed blue collar player from Stanford:cry and got angry with me when I said he fucks up New York's offense as a shooting guard who can't make shots outside of 7 feet or handle a basketball. JR Smith getting most of the minutes at SG this year and not having Laundry Fields fucking up the spacing it undeniably a reason for NY's improvement.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-12-2012, 02:41 PM
:lol dumbass GNSFs blindly hating on Melo because he's :cryclassless:cry. If the season were to end tomorrow he'd win MVP in a landslide.

Greg Oden
12-12-2012, 02:45 PM
I wouldn't trade Dick Jefferson for Melo period.

TDMVPDPOY
12-12-2012, 03:08 PM
htf is he going to win mvp when 2 of the biggest games he either didnt play in or didnt show up

against the spurs below par season avgs
didnt even turn up for the heat

TimDunkem
12-12-2012, 04:10 PM
I wouldn't trade Dick Jefferson for Melo period.

One of the worst takes of all-time. lol scottspurs :lol

hater
12-12-2012, 04:29 PM
having Jason Kidd makes them automatic favorites to face Heat in the East finals.

still I don't see them making the finals unless Stern releases his pack of Knick referees

Brunodf
12-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Fools gold, but in the East Miami is the only elite team, so they will make the ESCF

Ace
12-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Knicks won't make so many 3s in the playoffs. Like usual LkrFag falls for regular season success, like Boston and Chicago.

LkrFan
12-12-2012, 04:38 PM
if they get creampied by 25 points with Friend Killer going off, then I'll just say "never trust those faggots" and bump the .500 thread with nono. but if I'm right and the Lakers win, then I can gloat for a few seconds and bump the .500 thread with nono. :lol
:rollin

LkrFan
12-12-2012, 04:51 PM
having Jason Kidd makes them automatic favorites to face Heat in the East finals.

still I don't see them making the finals unless Stern releases his pack of Knick referees
Kidd is key for them. Obviously he's still a good passer/facilitator, but his defense is underrated. I can see him slowing Wade down (so far Wade is averaging a paltry 14ppg v. Knicks) which will put more pressure on Bron to carry them and check Melo. That's a tall order tbh.

slick'81
12-12-2012, 04:54 PM
3 point shooting teams or jump shooting teams dnt win come playoff time see spurs

Trill Clinton
12-12-2012, 04:57 PM
yes, they're for real.

melo is that dude, they have depth, solid D, good coaching.

the knicks are the best team in the east.

Ace
12-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Kidd is key for them. Obviously he's still a good passer/facilitator, but his defense is underrated. I can see him slowing Wade down (so far Wade is averaging a paltry 14ppg v. Knicks) which will put more pressure on Bron to carry them and check Melo. That's a tall order tbh.
Wasn't Sefolosha going to slow Wade down and Durant a tall order for LeBron? Same idiotic thinking, different team.

Clipper Nation
12-12-2012, 05:02 PM
the knicks are the best team in the east.

LOL no... it's still the Heat, tbh....

Trill Clinton
12-12-2012, 05:06 PM
LOL no... it's still the Heat, tbh....

i don't think they're better than the heat by much, but they're better right now.

i hope they can keep it up.

LkrFan
12-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Wasn't Sefolosha going to slow Wade down and Durant a tall order for LeBron? Same idiotic thinking, different team.
1) Wade has lost a step or two (until he plays scrub teams and give you hope)
2)) Melo is a bull - unlike KD. KD is paper thin and can't do much with a 265lb dude. Melo can
3) I don't recall Bron ever locking down Melo. Melo's Nuggs seemingly always push Bron's Cavs shit in. Apparently not much has changed when they switched teams. :lol

LkrFan
12-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Ernie Johnson's neat-o stat of the night: Daddy Tyson is holding Bosh Spice to 8-25 shooting. Heat lose by 20 twice. :lol

Josepatches_
12-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Felton,JR Smith ,Melo & Amare??

NOT

DMC
12-12-2012, 05:31 PM
With JKidd on the team, it should run differently.

Ace
12-12-2012, 05:31 PM
2)) Melo is a bull - unlike KD. KD is paper thin and can't do much with a 265lb dude. Melo can
3) I don't recall Bron ever locking down Melo. Melo's Nuggs seemingly always push Bron's Cavs shit in. Apparently not much has changed when they switched teams. :lol
Remember everything you said about dem Lakers this offseason? Now this? :lol

LkrFan
12-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Remember everything you said about dem Lakers this offseason? Now this? :lol
:lol - we not talking bout the Lakers. N:loln-issue

midnightpulp
12-12-2012, 06:49 PM

Melo scored 30 points on 10-28 shooting last time they played they each other. That's getting locked down.

Koolaid_Man
12-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Melo scored 30 points on 10-28 shooting last time they played they each other. That's getting locked down.

Hi Midget....you miss me today baby?

Latarian Milton
12-12-2012, 11:30 PM
knicks will be a tough challenge to us tbh. they got all talents needed to achieve some massive successes and they've been playing with great chemistry now, and all these magical changes were catalyzed by the ex-mavs named kidd n tyson.

racm
12-13-2012, 09:00 AM
3 point shooting teams or jump shooting teams dnt win come playoff time see spurs

Dallas?

TIMMYtoZO
12-13-2012, 08:01 PM
:lol The haters are getting a hard on for the Knicks because of regular season success. The Knicks are not in Miami's league. The only way they even manage to push the Heat to 6 games is if Miami fucks around. Only 1 team is for real this season and that is the Miami Heat. The competition is much weaker this season compared to last.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-13-2012, 08:02 PM
:lol The haters are getting a hard on for the Knicks because of regular season success. The Knicks are not in Miami's league. The only way they even manage to push the Heat to 6 games is if Miami fucks around. Only 1 team is for real this season and that is the Miami Heat. The competition is much weaker this season compared to last.

Sup Daunte? You coming to Alisha'a semester finale party tonight? She keeps asking about you :lol

Technique
12-13-2012, 08:04 PM
This is LeBron on the Cavs all over again. Except I'd take Mo over Chalmers :lol

ALVAREZ6
12-13-2012, 08:20 PM
htf is he going to win mvp when 2 of the biggest games he either didnt play in or didnt show up

against the spurs below par season avgs
didnt even turn up for the heat
Good point, this is a huge factor in the MVP decision. If you miss a couple of games you have no shot... how the fuck is he gonna win MVP if he has below par averages against the Spurs???????

LkrFan
12-14-2012, 03:39 AM
*** BUMP ***

The only silver lining to this loss is I'm starting to believe the Knicks have a strong chance at keeping the Heat out of the Finals this year. Even with Melo playing only 23 minutes, the Knicks still beat us. Melo should win his first MVP this year.

rayjayjohnson
12-14-2012, 03:44 AM
I still fucking hate melo tbh

LakaFan
12-14-2012, 07:42 AM
*** BUMP ***

The only silver lining to this loss is I'm starting to believe the Knicks have a strong chance at keeping the Heat out of the Finals this year. Even with Melo playing only 23 minutes, the Knicks still beat us. Melo should win his first MVP this year.
No brother the silver lining is that we made a comeback and had the chance to win without to key starters. :toast

100%duncan
12-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Heat is still the best team in the NBA tbh...

lefty
12-14-2012, 03:51 PM
I still fucking hate melo tbh
Melo is not amused by your comment

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zpa1tXO41rucrtio1_500.gif

TIMMYtoZO
12-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Sup Daunte? You coming to Alisha'a semester finale party tonight? She keeps asking about you :lol

I missed it. She keeps stalking me, and I am about to put a restraining order on her ass. :lol