PDA

View Full Version : what price would be worth trading for Kevin Love?

George Gervin's Afro
12-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Guy wants out of Minny. Per his latest public statements he's tired of uncertain rosters and losing. What price would you be willing to pay for this cat? The Spurs would seem to be an organization he might consider playing for.

Do the Spurs have any assets that interest the Wolves?

Mal
12-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Kawhi Leonard and Tiago Splitter for sure. And more.
But he is going to Lakers for Hill, Meeks, Gasol.

Mel_13
12-12-2012, 08:38 AM
If you assume that Love is put on the market, I don't believe the Spurs could put together the best package to acquire him even if every asset they have was made available.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-12-2012, 08:40 AM

Yep.

szkorhetz
12-12-2012, 08:45 AM
He is not a player for our needs, move on.

Juggity
12-12-2012, 08:47 AM
A frontcourt of Love and Duncan would be unstoppable...inside-outside scoring, strongest rebounding in the league. Goddamn.

Defense wouldn't see any improvement though.

polandprzem
12-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Consider Tony and Blair for example

Mel_13
12-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Consider Tony and Blair for example

They have Rubio. If they trade Love, they'll be looking to get an All-Star level big in return, not a PG.

polandprzem
12-12-2012, 09:03 AM
we've got nobody else we can sell for Kev

gee
12-12-2012, 09:04 AM
Kawhi Leonard and Tiago Splitter for sure. And more.

Haha poor guy says hes tired of losing and ends up getting traded to a sub.500 team.

Juggity
12-12-2012, 09:09 AM

As bad as I'd feel for kevin love if this happened, I would love to see the Lakers double down on their strategy of "pack the starting five with as much expensive all star talent as you can at the expense of team chemistry and pieces that actually fit together in the lineup, not to mention a bench that isn't the worst in the league"

iManu
12-12-2012, 09:20 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bcyahjn
"Works."

Kawhi, Tiago, Jack (heck, even throw in a second rounder) for Love. Minnesota gets nasty, cap relief, and the great future of Kawhi.

We get whitey.

Smallball. Love > Bonner. (Sorry Matt, but he is). Amnesty Bonner for Kenyon Martin.

Can Green guard Lebron?

iManu
12-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Considering the expirings, they would basically get Kawhi for "free", even if they couldn't resign Tiago.

iManu
12-12-2012, 09:40 AM
If they would do that, they'd have enough next year for 2 max contracts with 9-10 already committed (including Kawhi). They could sign Josh Smith and Dwight Howard.

Nah, they're fucked.

TDMVPDPOY
12-12-2012, 09:54 AM
this guy is only in a few weeks on his max contract, doesnt honor it but wants a trade? gtfo

Paranoid Pop
12-12-2012, 10:49 AM
It'd have to be tp + ky with a third team that wants tp. Not worth it basically. But they should definitely trade high on Love now since he's made it clear he's walking.

TampaDude
12-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Not.

Fucking.

Happening.

PÒÓCH
12-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Not happening he's a narcissistic a-hole that more than likely wants to go to L.A. or any other big media town. Plus he has an over inflated price tag.

Cry Havoc
12-12-2012, 11:39 AM
The wishcasting that goes on here...

There is ZERO chance we get Love.

DPG21920
12-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Odd comments from Love considering his team is in the playoff hunt (largely with him out of line up) & now that he's back (shooting sub 40%) he's unhappy? Plus Rubio has been injured.

White Dwight tbh.

Mel_13
12-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Odd comments from Love considering his team is in the playoff hunt (largely with him out of line up) & now that he's back (shooting sub 40%) he's unhappy? Plus Rubio has been injured.

White Dwight tbh.

:lol

And this could stretch out all the way to the summer of 2015. I wish these guys could just shut up once they sign a deal. Love could have taken the QO, played out his rookie contract and become an unrestricted free agent. Instead, he signed an extension that was for less than he thought he deserved. Poor guy had to settle for 15M/yr, but his extension gives him the right to opt out of the final year and become a free agent in 2015. Now just go play basketball until that time.

DPG21920
12-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Yup, I have no sympathy for guys like him. At least KG busted his a** while there and he just went as far as he could go.

TDMVPDPOY
12-12-2012, 11:59 AM
u cant have ur cake and eat it...

Obstructed_View
12-12-2012, 12:09 PM
What's the price? Team chemistry, wins over statistics, defense.

pad300
12-12-2012, 12:19 PM
I am not sure what they would get for Kevin Love, especially if he wants out - they will not get full value. If I was managing SAS, I would offer up to the following:

Splitter, Jackson, 2013 and 2015 first round picks
for
Love

I would not give both Kawhi and Splitter. I would not trade both Jackson and Kawhi in the same season; we will need some continuity at SF...

TDMVPDPOY
12-12-2012, 12:58 PM
if ur trading one of the SF, that means james anderson is signed for the season?

dunkman
12-12-2012, 01:10 PM
this guy is only in a few weeks on his max contract, doesnt honor it but wants a trade? gtfo

Now that he already milked out the 'wolfs, he needs to be in a big market for better endorsement opportunities.

G-Dawgg
12-12-2012, 01:25 PM
I do not want Kevin Love. He'd never do as well as he is on any other team besides Minnesota. Pass.

TDMVPDPOY
12-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Now that he already milked out the 'wolfs, he needs to be in a big market for better endorsement opportunities.

LA is already saturated market selling d12s shitty arm sleeves and headband, what does LOVE need selling?

baseline bum
12-12-2012, 01:40 PM
God, Love making outlet passes to Parker to start fast breaks would be awesome. Too bad Minnesota has no reason to trade him until the 2014-15 deadline.

cd98
12-12-2012, 02:10 PM
We don't have the assets to get him. We've got some of the small pieces, but Minnesota would want at least one named all-star calibur player in any trade and we don't have one under thirty to surround with one of our many good assets to couple with such a player.

Obstructed_View
12-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Good point, and unfortunately Spurs draft picks aren't worth too much because everyone knows the odds of it being a high pick are very slim.

Raven
12-12-2012, 02:19 PM
No need for him really.

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-12-2012, 03:00 PM
I don`t want him here, he will not fit in. When Timmy retires the Spurs will go after someone on the market. Who? Not sure or they will find some player in the streets of Algeria who know one ever looked at and will be gold. Do not go trading away a ton of players for one that will only stunt this team. There is a lot of youth on this team and Parker still has a long ways to go before he is done. Splitter is doing what he needs to do and the fact he is showing progress is great. He looks smooth and effortless. Will he ever dominate? Nope but he won`t need to.

Spurs don`t trade away talent unless there is 3 people in the wings who can step right in. This crew needs a year or so more before it can go mainstream and even then the Spurs will add a high profile wing before then.

Thomas82
12-12-2012, 03:04 PM
He shouldn't have signed that extension a couple years ago......should have left when he had the chance.

SpursRock20
12-12-2012, 03:09 PM
I don`t want him here, he will not fit in. When Timmy retires the Spurs will go after someone on the market. Who? Not sure or they will find some player in the streets of Algeria who know one ever looked at and will be gold. Do not go trading away a ton of players for one that will only stunt this team. There is a lot of youth on this team and Parker still has a long ways to go before he is done. Splitter is doing what he needs to do and the fact he is showing progress is great. He looks smooth and effortless. Will he ever dominate? Nope but he won`t need to.

Spurs don`t trade away talent unless there is 3 people in the wings who can step right in. This crew needs a year or so more before it can go mainstream and even then the Spurs will add a high profile wing before then.

Great post. Chemistry is a precious commodity and right now we have it. We shouldn't get rid of both our small forwards (1 who is supposed to be a major part of our future) and Tiago Splitter who is showing great promise. No doubt, Kevin Love is talented. But adding him will not improve our depth, and it will not improve our chances against OKC. Diaw can guard opposing 3's this is true. But he would be more effective guarding Lebron James who looks to score in the post more than say, Kevin Durant. I say we roll with the punches and don't trade anyone unless it's almost guaranteed that we will improve via a trade. And this trade leaves a lot of questions. Remember, OKC messed with chemistry and their present winning streak aside; they might be in a worse position against us in the playoffs.

timvp
12-12-2012, 04:47 PM
I'd trade any combo of players Minnesota wants outside of the Big 3 for Love. Kawhi + Splitter + whatever + picks = small price to pay for a stud bigman who would fit perfectly next to TD, TP and Manu.

It'd never happen though, unfortunately.

spurraider21
12-12-2012, 04:59 PM
I'd trade any combo of players Minnesota wants outside of the Big 3 for Love. Kawhi + Splitter + whatever + picks = small price to pay for a stud bigman who would fit perfectly next to TD, TP and Manu.

It'd never happen though, unfortunately.
unless they want to salary dump and we can throw in jax to make the numbers work. give 'em splitter, kawhi, and we'd probably have to add jax and another player from their team for salaries to work. i mean i love kawhi and all but iv had this fear when i think of the spurs after duncan retires. we got lucky getting duncan in the middle of the robinson era, odds are slim we get lucky again in the draft and pick up another hall of famer. having Kevin love would keep us competitive long term

cd98
12-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Spurs need to be thinking ahead and preparing to tank for the Andrew Wiggins/Jabari Parker draft. Two awesome prospects. Double chances of drafting a stud if we can somehow engineer the worst record in the league.

mathbzh
12-12-2012, 05:39 PM
I don't think he would worth the price asked.
He may be a great fit with the big 3 (I am not even sure he would be that good) but he is also a player I would never build a team around.

DapDaGenius
12-12-2012, 05:52 PM
No trading Kawhi. Apparently a Jackon + Splitter trade would work...as well as Jackson + Bonner, Jackson + Nando(replacement for Rubio if he ugh...dies), or even a Jackson + Blair would work.(any of these trades plus draft picks)

More than likely these trades would never happen. I wouldn't care for them to get rid of Bonner Blair, or Nando but I'd hate for them to get rid of Jackson seeing that he wants to retire a Spur. It's better than losing Kawhi though.

maverick1948
12-12-2012, 10:04 PM
I dont see the Wolves give up on Love, but if they do we have the necessary parts to do a 3 way trade with someone else involved. Maybe Cleveland or another bottom feeder. But wiith a 4 yr contract Love is set for a spell.

crc21209
12-12-2012, 11:56 PM
The only way the Wolves trade Love for anyone is if they receive a franchise caliber player in return.....

Mark in Austin
12-13-2012, 12:06 AM
My first reaction is that Minny would need a franchise player in return. But two things mitigate that somewhat:

1. Apparently Minny doesn't think Love is a max player since they didn't max him out.
2. It's David Kahn. The guy who once compared Charles Barkley to Darko.