PDA

View Full Version : wow...the league replied to the complaint letter i sent

snickles
12-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Dear Lee:
Thank you for contacting the National Basketball Association with your concerns about the recent fining of the San Antonio Spurs organization.
In making a decision to send four players home prior to their only regular-season game in Miami without notifying their opponent, the media, or the league, the Spurs violated a league policy against making players unavailable in a manner contrary to the best interests of the NBA. For the totality of these circumstances, the NBA fined the Spurs $250,000.
The league views the Spurs’ actions as more than simply a coach’s decision. The choice to make four players unavailable was vetted at the highest levels of the Spurs organization, including the general manager, team president, and chairman. Further, league rules dictate that teams notify the league office and the opposing team of any player who will miss a game due to injury or illness, and no one at the Spurs organization did so.
Thank you again for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate your feedback.
Sincerely,
Chase
NBA Fan Relations

TDMVPDPOY
12-12-2012, 12:26 PM
bukkake the troll now

jestersmash
12-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Yep, they personally crafted that reply just for you.

:lol

snickles
12-12-2012, 12:35 PM
you mean its not a form letter????

jackass....

obviously it isnt personalized. i'm just shocked that they actually replied. i figured it would be totally ignored.

dunkman
12-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Dear Lee:
Thank you for contacting the National Basketball Association with your concerns about the recent fining of the San Antonio Spurs organization.
In making a decision to send four players home prior to their only regular-season game in Miami without notifying their opponent, the media, or the league, the Spurs violated a league policy against making players unavailable in a manner contrary to the best interests of the NBA. For the totality of these circumstances, the NBA fined the Spurs $250,000.
The league views the Spurs’ actions as more than simply a coach’s decision. The choice to make four players unavailable was vetted at the highest levels of the Spurs organization, including the general manager, team president, and chairman. Further, league rules dictate that teams notify the league office and the opposing team of any player who will miss a game due to injury or illness, and no one at the Spurs organization did so.
Sincerely,
Chase
NBA Fan Relations

Interesting, it was a protest by the way the WCF's got called.

Mel_13
12-12-2012, 12:58 PM
What they said:

Dear Lee:
In making a decision to send four players home prior to their only regular-season game in Miami without notifying their opponent, the media, or the league, the Spurs violated a league policy against making players unavailable in a manner contrary to the best interests of the NBA. For the totality of these circumstances, the NBA fined the Spurs $250,000.The league views the Spurs actions as more than simply a coach's decision. The choice to make four players unavailable was vetted at the highest levels of the Spurs organization, including the general manager, team president, and chairman. Further, league rules dictate that teams notify the league office and the opposing team of any player who will miss a game due to injury or illness, and no one at the Spurs organization did so.Thank you again for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate your feedback.

What really happened:

Dear Lee:
In making a decision to send four players home prior to their only regular-season game in Miami without notifying their opponent, the media, or the league, the Spurs provoked a temper tantrum by the Commissioner resulting in him soiling his Depends and issuing a public threat of retribution against the Spurs. Once the tantrum subsided, he was informed that the Spurs had not actually violated any league rules and there were no grounds for substantial sanctions. We were able to appease him by allowing him to exercise his general power as Commissioner to fine member franchises for vague actions that don't serve the best interests of the NBA. For the totality of these circumstances, the NBA fined the Spurs $250,000. The league views the Spurs actions as something that has been done numerous times in the past and will continue to occur in the future. The choice to make four players unavailable was vetted at the highest levels of the Spurs organization, including the general manager, team president, and chairman and wouldn't have been noticed except for the fact that it was for a nationally televised game against Team LeBron. Further, while no actual rule was broken, we at league office would really appreciate prior notification when a member franchise plans to stick a red hot poker in the eye of the Commissioner, and no one at the Spurs organization did so.Thank you again for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate your feedback.

velik_m
12-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Dear Lee:
Sincerely,
Chase
NBA Fan Relations

They were not sick or injured, so i don't know how that comes into play...

Obstructed_View
12-12-2012, 01:53 PM
What really happened:

:clap

timvp
12-12-2012, 04:40 PM
:lol @ mel_13

jestersmash
12-12-2012, 04:47 PM
What they said:

What really happened:

:lmao

:tu

hater
12-12-2012, 04:49 PM
you mean its not a form letter????

jackass....

obviously it isnt personalized. i'm just shocked that they actually replied. i figured it would be totally ignored.

all it proves is lots of ppl complained

HI-FI
12-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Mel_13 with the goods.

I got the same email btw. I fired one off afterwards, I think i've fired one after the Gm 6 debacle. Probably a few more. Maybe it's stupid of me to do it but I think it's good to let them know that people are keeping tabs on Stern's bullshit. I imagine the smartest thing would be to call the league office.

Cry Havoc
12-12-2012, 09:05 PM
I love the fine. I think it motivated our guys to play better than they ever would have without it. They have a chip on their shoulder, and hopefully they'll use that chip to get another 'ship.

Poolboy5623
12-12-2012, 09:39 PM
I love the fine. I think it motivated our guys to play better than they ever would have without it. They have a chip on their shoulder, and hopefully they'll use that chip to get another 'ship.

No way the league allows that to happen, tbh..

BillMc
12-12-2012, 09:45 PM
What really happened:

Bravo! :toast

Cry Havoc
12-12-2012, 10:08 PM
No way the league allows that to happen, tbh..

Spurs might not give them a choice this year unless they make it incredibly obvious.

ElNono
12-12-2012, 10:15 PM
They just replied to me too:

Dear Luck_The_Fakers:
Sincerely,
Frank
NBA Fan Relations
PS: Fuck you too