PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Howard knows which team he'll play for in '13-'14

irishock
12-12-2012, 07:25 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224978/Dwight_Howard_Already_Knows_Where_Hell_Sign

The Los Angeles Lakers have struggled to begin the 12-13 NBA season, but Dwight Howard seems to already have decided which team he will sign with as a free agent this summer.
"I know," said Howard when asked if he knows which team he will play with next season.
Howard was also asked whether he and Kobe Bryant can coexist.
"Why can't we coexist?" Howard asked. "Because we're opposites? I thought opposites attract.
"You know why we can play well together? Kobe knows how hard I work and that I'm all about championships. We're also entertainers, and for the two hours and 20 minutes that people come to a game they want to be entertained."

Mavs? Lakers? Raptors?

Spursfan092120
12-12-2012, 07:26 PM
d. None of the above.

Dude's going to Brooklyn.

dylankerouac
12-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Raptors.

Richie
12-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Why would you believe anything he says?

Clipper Nation
12-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Kobe knows how hard I work and that I'm all about championships.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

weebo
12-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Raptors.

You can't be serious.

Raven
12-12-2012, 08:38 PM
"Because we're opposites? I thought opposites attract."

that's a homo phrase if i've ever heard any..

spurraider21
12-12-2012, 08:44 PM
d. None of the above.

Dude's going to Brooklyn.
This is possible. Would obviously have to be via sign and trade. The nets would have to cough up Brook Lopez and then some, just to make salaries match.

Raptors.
LOL. Dwight voluntarily moving to Canada.

My best guess is either Brooklyn or he'll just walk and sign with Mavs

Clipper Nation
12-12-2012, 08:51 PM
LOL. Dwight voluntarily moving to Canada.

Not that I think there's a chance in hell of Dwight going there, but Toronto is usually ranked among the most livable cities in the world and is a great sports city.... I'm not sure why nobody ever considers it as a destination...

spurraider21
12-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Not that I think there's a chance in hell of Dwight going there, but Toronto is usually ranked among the most livable cities in the world and is a great sports city.... I'm not sure why nobody ever considers it as a destination...
Yeah, no. No star player ever wants to play for Canada. Its why the Grizzlies moved. Why do you think the Miami big 3 decided to team up in Miami and not in Toronto. The weather blows and these young NBA players prefer big cities with night life, etc.

8FOR!3
12-12-2012, 09:06 PM
lol, I'd rather have Brook Lopez at this point in the season. His team's winning.

12-12-2012, 10:38 PM
the more the lakers flop and the more i think about it, howard will start eyeing the hawks. the situation with kobe will have to reach a boiling point first though. kobe has already made it clear he wants dwight howard to be his tyson chandler and is jacking up shots like there's no tomorrow. i don't know if howard can live in denial for much longer.

going to atlanta gives howard the perfect out. he can say that after a lot of soul searching, he's going home or going back to his roots. howard was born and raised in atlanta and played high school ball in the same city where he won the state title. the hawks will have the cap room to sign another star, most likely trying to lure chris paul over. even if they don't get anyone, the team is already pretty good. horford can slide down to the PF position or the hawks can pawn horford and re-sign josh smith. either way, it would be the perfect situation for howard. he gets to be #1 again without generating the amount of hate he did in orlando. it'll be the perfect storyline and no one can criticize him for wanting to go home.

Banzai
12-12-2012, 10:41 PM
thread is going to be epic once shit goes down tbh.

midnightpulp
12-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Last week I stated that Dwight isn't resigning with LA. But I'm reconsidering.

Dwight strikes me as the kind of athlete who values fame and fortune above winning championships, and for an attention whore like him, there's no better city to get the former than Los Angeles. He knows it. His agent knows it. And the Lakers know it. Furthermore, Jimmy Buss needs a marketable player to move Lakers merchandise post-Kirby, and aside from Bryant and Lebron, Howard is probably the most marketable player in the league.

I think the Lakers should just let Howard walk if they're serious about rebuilding after Kobe. Sure, he's the "best center in the league," but only by default, and given how the league has changed from big men win championships to speed, depth, and athleticism win championships, I just don't see Howard as a championship centerpiece. In addition to that, his game is 100% reliant on athleticism, and he'll be a shell of his former self by his early 30s.

The Lakers, for once in their history, just need to bite the bullet and rebuild through drafting, developing talent, and sensible free agent signings. Once they get that foundation in place, then they can throw around their money and get the big name.

baseline bum
12-12-2012, 11:00 PM

Can't say I'd want to be there in the cold-ass winter of an NBA season, but Toronto is pretty nice in the summer. I remember wondering where all the gangbangers, drug dealers, and homeless were that you come to expect out of American cities when I was last in Toronto.

Spurs9
12-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Yeah, no. No star player ever wants to play for Canada. Its why the Grizzlies moved. Why do you think the Miami big 3 decided to team up in Miami and not in Toronto. The weather blows and these young NBA players prefer big cities with night life, etc.

I'm sure Toronto has plenty of nightlife tbh

baseline bum
12-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Dwight strikes me as the kind of athlete who values fame and fortune above winning championships, and for an attention whore like him, there's no better city to get the former than Los Angeles. He knows it. His agent knows it. And the Lakers know it.

truth here

spurraider21
12-12-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm sure Toronto has plenty of nightlife tbh
yeah in snow jackets and thick coats/turtlenecks

Malik Hairston
12-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Toronto has a better nightlife than any US city outside of LA, New York, Vegas, Atlanta(if you're Black), Miami and maybe 1 or 2 more cities, tbh..

The problem with Toronto is that it gets cold as fuck in Winter and the ownership is terrible..

Howard isn't going to Brooklyn..it's cold in Winter, there will be pressure to win, and Deron Williams is a declining fat PG..

I agree with Atlanta, tbh..

Clipper Nation
12-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Howard isn't going to Brooklyn..it's cold in Winter, there will be pressure to win, and Deron Williams is a declining fat PG..
He thinks he's friends with DWill though... plus there's a fat Adidas contract waiting for him in Brooklyn...

JMarkJohns
12-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Houston... Get that Chinese market. If not, Atlanta.

dylankerouac
12-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Raptors is a funny answer because once again this forum delivers.

irishock
12-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Do the Magic have cap space?

rjv
12-12-2012, 11:58 PM
he knows but he will not say. what a d-bag.

Spur_Fanatic
12-13-2012, 01:09 AM
He'll stay in LA.

TDMVPDPOY
12-13-2012, 01:58 AM
the question what is he selllin in LA thats going to make him money?

Latarian Milton
12-13-2012, 02:05 AM
he ain't going to brooklyn because they don't have no room for him, he could've joined them this season but he chose not.

Mugen
12-13-2012, 02:18 AM
Dis nigga prob has a tough time deciding which hand to wipe with, doubt he's made up his mind for next season.

That said id say theres a less than 2% chance of him leaving for the reasons stated by mid above. Basketball environment is prob 4th on his list behind Money, Market size, and cheerleaders he can impregnate out of wedlock

Latarian Milton
12-13-2012, 02:22 AM
if he's truly set to leave then he's more likely to go as a free agent and joins a contender that he reallys wanna play for even at a paycut, a sign and trade deal just doesn't make much sense under the new CBA. staying with the lakers for a bigger paycheck would still be his 1st choice imho, unless kobe goes bad on him and forces him out

thunderfan
12-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Keep us on the edge of our seats, Dwight, you damn retard. Like we really give a shit where you're playing next year. Go play in China. Maybe they'll be more amused by your antics there.

racm
12-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Keep us on the edge of our seats, Dwight, you damn retard. Like we really give a shit where you're playing next year. Go play in China. Maybe they'll be more amused by your antics there.

You'd probably be jizzing all over him if he was traded to OKC.

TampaDude
12-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Dis nigga prob has a tough time deciding which hand to wipe with, doubt he's made up his mind for next season.

That said id say theres a less than 2% chance of him leaving for the reasons stated by mid above. Basketball environment is prob 4th on his list behind Money, Market size, and cheerleaders he can impregnate out of wedlock

:lmao

Dex
12-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Why would you believe anything he says?

This right here.

If Dwight Howard was going to have a Lebron-style special, it would be called "The Indecision"

Koolaid_Man
12-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Last week I stated that Dwight isn't resigning with LA. But I'm reconsidering.

Dwight strikes me as the kind of athlete who values fame and fortune above winning championships, and for an attention whore like him, there's no better city to get the former than Los Angeles. He knows it. His agent knows it. And the Lakers know it. Furthermore, Jimmy Buss needs a marketable player to move Lakers merchandise post-Kirby, and aside from Bryant and Lebron, Howard is probably the most marketable player in the league.

I think the Lakers should just let Howard walk if they're serious about rebuilding after Kobe. Sure, he's the "best center in the league," but only by default, and given how the league has changed from big men win championships to speed, depth, and athleticism win championships, I just don't see Howard as a championship centerpiece. In addition to that, his game is 100% reliant on athleticism, and he'll be a shell of his former self by his early 30s.

The Lakers, for once in their history, just need to bite the bullet and rebuild through drafting, developing talent, and sensible free agent signings. Once they get that foundation in place, then they can throw around their money and get the big name.

Hey Pumpkin...Dwight ain't going nowhere...all he needs to do is get back to 100% and start boss hogging niggas...I mean start getting in peoples asses once he's 100%..demanding the ball from Kobe...we fucking need some team dis-functionality like we had when it was ShaKobe...
Now it's DwiKobe and we need the in-fighting...we maybe after Dwight signs long term...but you know what I mean... I still feel this is our year for #6...

Bane.
12-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Hey Pumpkin...Dwight ain't going nowhere...all he needs to do is get back to 100% and start boss hogging niggas...I mean start getting in peoples asses once he's 100%..demanding the ball from Kobe...we fucking need some team dis-functionality like we had when it was ShaKobe...
Now it's DwiKobe and we need the in-fighting...we maybe after Dwight signs long term...but you know what I mean... I still feel this is our year for #6...

[Muffled] Brother, Dwight is just providing you with false hope, not torturing your mind, but of your soul. Not that you aren't a mindless baboon anyway.

lefty
12-13-2012, 01:43 PM
[Muffled] Brother, Dwight is just providing you with false hope, not torturing your mind, but of your soul. Not that you aren't a mindless baboon anyway.

What are you?

Bane.
12-13-2012, 02:34 PM
What are you?

[Muffled] I'm the NBA Forum's reckoning.

Stalin
12-13-2012, 05:14 PM

:lol