PDA

View Full Version : Jack re-joins Spurs on the road

crc21209
12-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Jackson re-joins Spurs on road but won’t be playing for a while longer

SALT LAKE CITY — Spurs guard-forward Stephen Jackson was on the Energy Solutions Arena court this morning, dribbling passing, catching and making shot after shot in drills......

Click the link to continue reading....

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/12/12/jackson-re-joins-spurs-on-road-but-wont-be-playing-for-a-while-longer/

Dex
12-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Jackson re-joins Spurs on road...

:downspin:

...but won’t be playing for a while longer

:depressed

NASpurs
12-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Just a precautionary measure to keep him away from Twitter.

slick'81
12-12-2012, 07:46 PM
cant wait till he puches ibaka in the mouth

DatBoyGood
12-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Very good news, but when tf is Kawhi coming back??

crc21209
12-12-2012, 08:19 PM
The article pretty much says that he's running, shooting, etc. but Pop and the coaching staff wanna give him a couple of days to get back in game shape a little. He'll probably miss the next 2-3 games or so before he's back out there. He says the hand isnt fully healed and won't be for another 3 weeks or so but that he's ready to get back out there...

Ice009
12-12-2012, 08:22 PM
The article pretty much says that he's running, shooting, etc. but Pop and the coaching staff wanna give him a couple of days to get back in game shape a little. He'll probably miss the next 2-3 games or so before he's back out there. He says the hand isnt fully healed and won't be for another 3 weeks or so but that he's ready to get back out there...

Why would they bring him back so early if his hand is not fully healed for another few weeks? Can he play with some sort of protective brace to protect it during the game and still let it heal while he is playing?

Also, why are people not asking the Spurs about Kawhi? Why aren't reporters asking why he isn't back yet? I want to know what is going on with Kawhi.

capek
12-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Damn, opened this thread hoping it meant he'd be playing tonight. I miss our SF, but we're winning, so just let them get fully healthy before bringing them back. No need to rush anything at this point.

HI-FI
12-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Why would they bring him back so early if his hand is not fully healed for another few weeks? Can he play with some sort of protective brace to protect it during the game and still let it heal while he is playing?

Also, why are people not asking the Spurs about Kawhi? Why aren't reporters asking why he isn't back yet? I want to know what is going on with Kawhi.
i do as well, lot of us wanting to know whats up with Kawhi. He said it was no big deal, they just wanted it to fully heal for the long term. timvp said it happened at Jazz game earlier but not sure if something happened in that game or if that is when the pain first started. I believe he is on the road trip though so hopefully we'll see him play.

Ice009
12-12-2012, 09:44 PM
i do as well, lot of us wanting to know whats up with Kawhi. He said it was no big deal, they just wanted it to fully heal for the long term. timvp said it happened at Jazz game earlier but not sure if something happened in that game or if that is when the pain first started. I believe he is on the road trip though so hopefully we'll see him play.

I just want to know if it is serious or if he has had set backs. Spurs reporters don't seem to ask these questions. Are they taking a little longer than needed with it or is this something that could nag all season type of injury.

crc21209
12-12-2012, 09:44 PM
It would be awesome if Jack and Kawhi can both come back on Saturday at home against Boston or on Monday on the road against OKC....

BanditHiro
12-12-2012, 09:58 PM
we need these guys so bad...our defense is starting to fall apart.

FromWayDowntown
12-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Express-News had a blurb with a Kawhi update on Sunday:

Leonard to miss rest of trip: Second-year forward Kawhi Leonard, out since Nov. 16 with left quadriceps tendinitis, is on the four-game road trip that began in Charlotte. But don’t expect to see him on the court before the team returns from the coast-to-coast excursion that continues tonight in Houston and concludes Friday night in Portland.

Coach Gregg Popovich says there is no chance Leonard will play in any of the three games that remain on the trip.

rest of the blurb can be read here: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/12/09/spurs-leonard-not-expected-to-return-during-trip/

Amuseddaysleeper
12-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Wow I'm really starting to get worried about Kawhi's injury if it's taking him this long just do get basic shots up.

Yikes

Sean Cagney
12-12-2012, 11:18 PM
WTF are they both out for the damn year now :( Literally.