PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Where is the "Fiscal Cliff" for the Lakers?

DMC
12-12-2012, 08:38 PM
What is the number of losses before a correction is made that it will take before you consider their season over?

If they lose at NY, they are 9 - 14.

Predict their record by the AS break.

weebo
12-12-2012, 08:41 PM
I can't see the lakers winning more than 40 games this year, and I'm being kind.

DMC
12-12-2012, 08:49 PM
I can't see the lakers winning more than 40 games this year, and I'm being kind.

I don't know. I see them maybe pulling out of the nose dive. They have the talent if they can get it together. I just wonder at what point it's probably not going to happen.

LkrFan
12-12-2012, 08:59 PM
OP, go back upstairs faggot. Worry about your own team.

midnightpulp
12-12-2012, 09:59 PM
OP, go back upstairs faggot. Worry about your own team.

So mad.

I'm just glad you finally awakened from your dumbshit homer delusion and have joined the rest of us in reality.

Trashing that retarded avatar was the first step. Props :tu

Banzai
12-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Lakers won't make the playoffs this season..Dwight signs with another team during the off season..book it.

BanditHiro
12-12-2012, 10:02 PM
around 10 games below .500 is their record by the AS break.

Amaso
12-12-2012, 10:08 PM
at some point in this season Nash, Gasol, Howard, and Kobe will all be playing together. Whether or not they can click and win a championship is unknown, but they will start winning some regular season games.

midnightpulp
12-12-2012, 10:24 PM
at some point in this season Nash, Gasol, Howard, and Kobe will all be playing together. Whether or not they can click and win a championship is unknown, but they will start winning some regular season games.

:lmao

Unknown. No, it's pretty fuckin' known that even a healthy Lakers won't get anywhere near winning a title.

Gasol, Kobe, and Howard have played together the majority of the season, and the Lakers still blew ass. Lol at Lakers fans thinking Nash is the "missing piece."

Nash solves none of the Lakers problems outside of giving them a bit more PG depth. He won't magically stop this team from the turning the ball over, like I've heard every retarded Laker fan claim. He'll make their already laughable defense even worse. And considering the fact he's a ball dominant player, I don't see his game meshing well with Kobe.

"But Nash and Dwight will so deadly in the pick-n-roll!"

No. No they won't. Nash has already admitted running the pnr tires him out and Dwight won't be the great roll man Lakers fans think he'll be since he has god awful hands, and despite his athleticism, doesn't have great footspeed. It'll look like the retard version of what Amare and Nash were running in Phoenix. Also, since Dwight isn't a midrange threat, the interior help defender won't have to step out and can just sag in the paint, cutting off Dwight as he rolls.

spursmartyr
12-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Well this season reminds me a LOT of the 2003 Lakers who started off horribly like this, but still somehow managed to win 50 games and advance to the second round where they got crushed by us.

Banzai
12-12-2012, 10:37 PM

Unknown. No, it's pretty fuckin' known that even a healthy Lakers won't get anywhere near winning a title.

Gasol, Kobe, and Howard have played together the majority of the season, and the Lakers still blew ass. Lol at Lakers fans thinking Nash is the "missing piece."

Nash solves none of the Lakers problems outside of giving them a bit more PG depth. He won't magically stop this team from the turning the ball over, like I've heard every retarded Laker fan claim. He'll make their already laughable defense even worse. And considering the fact he's a ball dominant player, I don't see his game meshing well with Kobe.

No. No they won't. Nash has already admitted running the pnr tires him out and Dwight won't be the great roll man Lakers fans think he'll be since he has god awful hands, and despite his athleticism, doesn't have great footspeed. It'll look like the retard version of what Amare and Nash were running in Phoenix. Also, since Dwight isn't a midrange threat, the interior help defender won't have to step out and can just sag in the paint, cutting off Dwight as he rolls.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/14/mcnabb_wft.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5602)

midnightpulp
12-12-2012, 10:41 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/14/mcnabb_wft.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5602)

The gif masta in tha house.

jimbo
12-12-2012, 10:51 PM

Nash takes away some of the turnovers from Kobe since he won't be handling it so often. Dwight was one of the better pick and roll players last year with Jameer Nelson. Oh and Nash had said he doesn't want to run the PnR as often as he did in Phoenix. But it's fine, you can give Kobe his guaranteed isos and deal with it while Nash rests up.

http://hoopchalk.com/2012/10/25/lakers-dwight-howard-steve-nash-pick-and-roll/

Dwight is still effective with Nash. Downside is he's going to get fouled 90% of the time and he can't make his free throws.

You could give the post up plays you gave to Dwight to Pau instead to cut down on turnovers. But that turns Dwight into a garbageman when he's not directly involved in the offense which people are gonna scoff at... but what can you do? TBH if Dwight isn't making his free throws this might actually be preferable.

Nothing I can think of for the D that doesn't involve the Lakers actually getting a bench so the starters can rest. TOSBs can't run all game.