PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: True or false. Lakers edition

DAF86
12-14-2012, 12:06 AM
1-Kobe is shooting too much.
2-They'll become the team everyone expects them to be (a contender) when everybody gets healthy.
3-They would be better off trading Pau Gasol.
4-Mike Brown was a better coach for this team than Mike D'antoni.
5-Lakers will miss the playoffs.

Malik Hairston
12-14-2012, 12:15 AM
False
False
True
False
False

midnightpulp
12-14-2012, 12:19 AM
2-They'll become the team everyone expects them to be (a contender) when everybody gets healthy.

1. No. His FGA is increased by all the ass-kickings the Lakers are receiving, thus garbage time comes early and Kobe gets to chuck and pad.
2. No. Ironically, I think Gasol hurts this team more than helps, and the small boost Nash will bring to the offense won't off-set the huge liability he is on the other end.
3. Yep.
4. Yep.
5. Nope. The Lakers will tread water at .500 or just below until the bullshit trade happens that will put them right back into the playoff race, and possibly make them a legit threat. The Lakers are a quick wingman and stretch 4 away from being a very dangerous team.

Spur_Fanatic
12-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Unbiased:

1) TRUE, but not by THAT much.
2) TRUE, if they EVER get all healthy (plus start playing as a team, etc)
3) FALSE, right now it could be true, but eventually they may need him if Nash ever plays.
4) TRUE, at least considering how the team is built.
5) FALSE, they'll get in... barely.

irishock
12-14-2012, 12:23 AM

1- By Kobe Bryant standards, he hasn't been shooting that much, esp. with no depth on the team.
2- True, Nash is the key to the team
3- False, Gasol will benefit from playing with Nash
4- True, Lakers needed a half court grind-it-out system, not a run and gun system with old legs
5- False. Top 4 seed, 50-32.

DAF86
12-14-2012, 12:38 AM
1-True. Yes, Kobe is being efficient. Yes, he shoots more when his teammates are sucking. But it's never good to force shots out of the rythm of the offense, it takes his teammates out of the game and in some cases (Howard) makes them to check out on the defensive end. The answer is always to play within the rythm of the offense.

2-False. I see them as a 2nd round exit at most. Probably first round.

3-Under D'antoni true. But the best thing would have been hiring a coach that knows how to use two quality bigmen.

4-Pretty much any coach would have been a better option than D'antoni. lol Lakers.

5-False.

Clipper Nation
12-14-2012, 12:40 AM
1. True
2. False
3. False, they'd be better off using Pau properly
4. True
5. Could go either way

Splits
12-14-2012, 01:21 AM
1- By Kobe Bryant standards, he hasn't been shooting that much, esp. with no depth on the team.
4- True, Lakers needed a half court grind-it-out system, not a run and gun system with old legs

They have to go 41-18 to get to 50, which is laughable looking at how broken that team is right now

Amaso
12-14-2012, 01:34 AM
1-Kobe is shooting too much. FALSE
2-They'll become the team everyone expects them to be (a contender) when everybody gets healthy. TRUE; they should be a contender when they have nash, gasol, howard, kobe playing together by the end of the year
3-They would be better off trading Pau Gasol. TRUE if they get near equal value for him, he isn't the best fit for the team as constructed but can still help anchor an offense as a 2nd option
4-Mike Brown was a better coach for this team than Mike D'antoni. FALSE, he lost the team last season... MDA isn't a good fit either though
5-Lakers will miss the playoffs. FALSE, the ONLY way this happens is if they have multiple stars injured throughout the entire season

DMC
12-14-2012, 01:35 AM

True
True
False
True
False

ElNono
12-14-2012, 01:38 AM

true
false
false
true
true

midnightpulp
12-14-2012, 01:58 AM
1-Kobe is shooting too much. FALSE
2-They'll become the team everyone expects them to be (a contender) when everybody gets healthy. TRUE; they should be a contender when they have nash, gasol, howard, kobe playing together by the end of the year
3-They would be better off trading Pau Gasol. TRUE if they get near equal value for him, he isn't the best fit for the team as constructed but can still help anchor an offense as a 2nd option
4-Mike Brown was a better coach for this team than Mike D'antoni. FALSE, he lost the team last season... MDA isn't a good fit either though
5-Lakers will miss the playoffs. FALSE, the ONLY way this happens is if they have multiple stars injured throughout the entire season

So a big man who doesn't fit the system and a 40 year old PG who can't play defense is gonna make this team live up to their preseason hype?

LkrFan
12-14-2012, 02:03 AM
True or False:

1) TD has a tramp stamp
2) The Spurs have successfully repeated as champion
3) TD has a tongue ring
4) TP and Eva are still a happy couple
5) Choo-choo was really innocent

:downspin:

Clipper Nation
12-14-2012, 02:08 AM
True or False:

1) TD has a tramp stamp
3) TD has a tongue ring

1. Lakers are garbage
2. 9-14
3. Kobe is a ballhog
4. Dwight chokes at the line
5. Dwyane Wade is a TOSB :hat

irishock
12-14-2012, 02:10 AM
They have to go 41-18 to get to 50, which is laughable looking at how broken that team is right now

Dallas went 67-11 after 0-4 start with less talent. 41-18 isn't that big of a stretch.

Clipper Nation
12-14-2012, 02:12 AM
Dallas went 67-11 after 0-4 start with less talent. 41-18 isn't that big of a stretch.

An 0-4 start is nothing compared to a 9-14 start...

Splits
12-14-2012, 02:15 AM

Lakers started 0-3 and are 9-11 since. Don't compare these fools to champs

LkrFan
12-14-2012, 02:16 AM
1. Lakers are garbage
2. 9-14
3. Kobe is a ballhog
4. Dwight chokes at the line
5. Dwyane Wade is a TOSB :hat
:lol

DMC
12-14-2012, 02:19 AM
True or False:

1) TD has a tramp stamp
3) TD has a tongue ring

6) You post here because even you cannot stand the Kobe slurping levels of LG.com.

LkrFan
12-14-2012, 02:22 AM
6) You post here because even you cannot stand the Kobe slurping levels of LG.com.

Guilty as charged. I post here way more than I do on LG. I still post there, but not as much as I used to.

irishock
12-14-2012, 02:25 AM
Duncan has always been better than Bryant.

DMC
12-14-2012, 02:30 AM

5 rings faggot

irishock
12-14-2012, 02:34 AM
5 rings faggot

Derek?

racm
12-14-2012, 02:48 AM
true
false
true
false
false

DMC
12-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Derek?

sup

DAF86
12-14-2012, 06:38 PM
True or False:

1) TD has a tramp stamp
3) TD has a tongue ring

Son, why derail one of the few non-trolling/good conversation maker thread like this?

Mal
12-14-2012, 06:49 PM
1.true
2. false
3. false
4. true
5. true

Koolaid_Man
12-14-2012, 06:57 PM
True or False?

DMC a Midget cannot score quality pussy? - False ;-)
Tim Duncan let his college roommate live with him for 4 years after college and even for awhile after getting married - true :lol
Kobe has more rings than SA - true
Kobe has more rings than Dallas and Houston combined - true
Kobe has more rings than Dallas, Miami, OKC, Clippers, New Orleans, and Houston combined.... - true :lol

Arcadian
12-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Top 4 seed, 50-32.

:lmao
That, sir, is a fail.

But you redeemed yourself with this, sir! :tu

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-14-2012, 07:05 PM
False, he's scoring efficiently enough but the fact that his scoring, assists, AND turnovers are all increased this year says he's probably trying to do too much overall.

False, Dwight will be an upgrade over Bynum in time, but the most of the team is one year older rather than one year better and the glaring issues that killed them last year went unaddressed. Thin bench, not athletic enough on the wings compared to rest of the elite teams, dreadful PG defense esp. on pick and roll.

True, he's been struggling for any kind of consistency since Jackson left and even by the tail end of PJ's tenure he was starting to get more and more pouty. The best thing the Lakers can do is get him and Nash healthy, showcase the hell of him for a month and see what they can get at the deadline for him. Hopefully it's more than Amare.

False, Brown had already lost the team. Once that happens with a cast of strong personalities like this roster has I don't see how you regain it. Pringles still has a sliver of hope, which is more than Brown really had coming in to this season.

False, they'll improve, other teams will falter. Even in a worst case scenario D'Antoni knows his ass is grass if they miss the postseason, other teams have the luxury of thinking long term and thus have the option of tanking down the stretch.

LkrFan
12-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Son, why derail one of the few non-trolling/good conversation maker thread like this?
My bad son. Its just that I'm so used to the Lakers getting trolled that I thought this thread would be one in the same.

gee
12-15-2012, 09:21 AM
1. True
2. False
3. False, they'd be better off using Pau properly
4. True
5. Could go either way

+1

Ashy Larry
12-15-2012, 06:57 PM

true

LakeShow
12-15-2012, 08:35 PM
1. False He's forcing a lot of shots but that will change once Nash returns
2. False - Not with this coach, the team will win a lot of games when they return but will be better offensively only. Getting your two worst defenders back can not change the defense for the better.
3. True - for equal value only
4. False - they both suck
5. False - will make the playoffs and be the team that no one wants to face.

Banzai
12-15-2012, 09:16 PM
True or False: Thread is fucking dumb

True.

kamikazi_player
12-15-2012, 10:37 PM
True or False: Thread is fucking dumb

True.
True.

There are 29 other teams to talk about, but half of the threads in here are laker threads. I like seeing the dismantle of the Lakers too but holy shit guys come up with something creative.

Banzai
12-15-2012, 10:52 PM
True.

There are 29 other teams to talk about, but half of the threads in here are laker threads. I like seeing the dismantle of the Lakers too but holy shit guys come up with something creative.

Not bashing on the TC..but damn that's all this forum is filled with these days..I know the Lakers struggles delights the haters..every right to talk shit as the lakers are god awful right now...anyways just my opinion..continue as you were.

midnightpulp
12-15-2012, 11:08 PM
True.

Outside of the Spurs, this forum has traditionally been interested in talking about only 4 or 5 teams:

Mavs
Lakers
Suns
Rockets (sometimes)
Heat (most recently)

Since the Mavs and Suns are no longer a contender, not much to talk about with them. But I can guarantee if either of those two franchises spent 9 figures on their roster and were 4 games below .500, we'd probably be talking about it. Granted, probably not as much, since their fans aren't the douchebag frontrunners Lakers fans are, but it would definitely warrant some discussion.

Aside from the Lakers implosion, not too many interesting events happening in the West this year worthy of extended discussion. Clippers are good, but we knew they would be. Golden State is off to a scorching start, but no one gives a fuck about the Warriors on here, so you won't see too many threads dedicated to them.

DMC
12-16-2012, 01:15 AM
There's really very little news about any other team while the Lakers have every moment of every player and office staff employee broken down into "how to fix" segments on ESPN.

rayjayjohnson
12-16-2012, 01:19 AM

50 wins? child please

whitemamba
12-16-2012, 03:39 AM

1. 50/50 the inconsistency of the rest of the bunch is why i dont blame him shooting the way he is right now..
2. True- Nash will help the team gel, getting everybody involved. def a positive thing.
3. False- Nash Wants him here for a reason, well have to wait and see.
4. False- :lol
5. False - average seed, but a major threat.

Not bashing on the TC..but damn that's all this forum is filled with these days..I know the Lakers struggles delights the haters..every right to talk shit as the lakers are god awful right now...anyways just my opinion..continue as you were.

this. pretty funny tbh.

Banzai
12-16-2012, 10:05 AM
1. 50/50 the inconsistency of the rest of the bunch is why i dont blame him shooting the way he is right now..
2. True- Nash will help the team gel, getting everybody involved. def a positive thing.
3. False- Nash Wants him here for a reason, well have to wait and see.
4. False- :lol
5. False - average seed, but a major threat.

this. pretty funny tbh.

Truth tbh.

DMC
04-18-2013, 12:14 AM
True
True
False
True
False

I said.