PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Spurs vs. Lakers in the playoffs. Who wins?

hater
12-14-2012, 12:35 AM
seriously. It would be 7 game series, unless Nash is 100%

pair of old bottom feeder teams...

irishock
12-14-2012, 12:50 AM
San Antonio in 5. Howard is exposed as the system player that he is, and both Bryant's and Nash's legs won't be there by the time the playoffs roll by.

DAF86
12-14-2012, 12:55 AM
Why do you get so emo when the Spurs lose a regular season game?

thunderup
12-14-2012, 12:57 AM
OP is a smart guy. I got the Spurs in 6 maybe 7 games.

DAF86
12-14-2012, 01:03 AM
OP is a smart guy. I got the Spurs in 6 maybe 7 games.

Hey faggot, I want to be in your ignore list.

thunderup
12-14-2012, 01:03 AM
Hey faggot, I want to be in your ignore list.
Hey faggot, I have no ignore list.

DAF86
12-14-2012, 01:05 AM
Hey faggot, I have no ignore list.

Everyone has one, you just have to use it. I want to be your first faggot.

hater
12-14-2012, 01:08 AM
Why do you get so emo when the Spurs lose a regular season game?

not emo at all. this kind of loss is live proof this team is all hype. When a quicker team starts making shots, they dissapear. That's what happens in the playoffs BTW

oh and Manu is TOSB

thunderup
12-14-2012, 01:10 AM
Everyone has one, you just have to use it. I want to be your first faggot.

No, ignore lists are for pussies. It's no wonder you entertain the idea as being universally accepted on this forum, says a lot about you.

:lol Manu
:lol Argentina

DAF86
12-14-2012, 01:11 AM
not emo at all. this kind of loss is live proof this team is all hype. When a quicker team starts making shots, they dissapear. That's what happens in the playoffs BTW

oh and Manu is TOSB

And in which World are the Lakers a quick team?

And yes Manu is a TOSB that's why I don't get why you get all worked up over him like if he was supossed to be putting all-star numbers.

hater
12-14-2012, 01:12 AM
And in which World are the Lakers a quick team?

And yes Manu is a TOSB that's why I don't get why you get all worked up over him like if he was supossed to be putting all-star numbers.

no all star #s needed. Why does he have to pass to the guy in the 2nd row and shoot 3s like he's Kobe? how about playing some fundamental ball?

no, Manu gotta play bumper car argentine ball

DAF86
12-14-2012, 01:14 AM
No, ignore lists are for pussies. It's no wonder you entertain the idea as being universally accepted on this forum, says a lot about you.

:lol Manu
:lol Argentina

lol What? :lol

If I cared about that I wouldn't expose the "popular kids" for the retarded overrated posters that they are.

Greg Oden
12-14-2012, 01:17 AM
rofl vince young

Spur_Fanatic
12-14-2012, 01:18 AM
Lakers in 6

midnightpulp
12-14-2012, 01:21 AM
Spurs would destroy the current incarnation of the Lakers, healthy or not.

spursmartyr
12-14-2012, 01:29 AM
Spurs have HCA? Lakers in 6
Lakers have HCA? Lakers in 5

hater
12-14-2012, 01:31 AM
say what some may. Spurs are in not much better position than Lakers when playoffs come along.

DMC
12-14-2012, 01:38 AM
Right now SA sweeps. They play the up tempo as well as anyone in the league and would destroy the Lakers in the open court.

By the time the playoffs actually roll around, I think the Lakers in 6. Our bigs would foul out trying to keep Howard off the glass.

ElNono
12-14-2012, 01:39 AM
if it's the 1st round sweep...

TampaDude
12-14-2012, 01:41 AM
Spurs would destroy the current incarnation of the Lakers, healthy or not.

^ this

The Lakers are a hot mess right now.

midnightpulp
12-14-2012, 01:42 AM
say what some may. Spurs are in not much better position than Lakers when playoffs come along.

How so? The Spurs are deep at every position, have great chemistry, coaching, and tons of playoff experience. This team is perfectly built, in theory, for the new NBA. Their undoing against the Thunder, who are also about as perfectly built as you can be, will be their lack of a guy who can put the team on his back and average 30 over a playoff series. Their role players are also better than the Spurs'.

The current Lakers are a fundamental mess. Poorly structured, bad chemistry, slow, and lack a bench. Any of the top 4 West seeds would obliterate them.

Spurs are looking underwhelming as of the last 3 games because they're missing their entire small forward rotation and it's finally catching up with them. Having a long, athletic SF who can defend, rebound, and shoot is vital in today's game.

DMC
12-14-2012, 01:47 AM
How so? The Spurs are deep at every position, have great chemistry, coaching, and tons of playoff experience. This team is perfectly built, in theory, for the new NBA. Their undoing against the Thunder, who are also about as perfectly built as you can be, will be their lack of a guy who can put the team on his back and average 30 over a playoff series. Their role players are also better than the Spurs'.

The current Lakers are a fundamental mess. Poorly structured, bad chemistry, slow, and lack a bench. Any of the top 4 West seeds would obliterate them.

Spurs are looking underwhelming as of the last 3 games because they're missing their entire small forward rotation and it's finally catching up with them. Having a long, athletic SF who can defend, rebound, and shoot is vital in today's game.

Lakers have always had a shitty bench, but it's amazing how great a bench can look when they come in with a double digit lead every game.

midnightpulp
12-14-2012, 01:54 AM
Lakers have always had a shitty bench, but it's amazing how great a bench can look when they come in with a double digit lead every game.

But the Lakers starters aren't good enough to go up double digits on the best teams in the league.

Only way they beat a team like the Spurs is if they pull off a huge trade that addresses their issues. As it stands, the Spurs starting line-up is better than a Howard/Gasol/Metta/Kirby/Nash in D'Antoni's system, which makes Gasol an afterthought and misuses Dwight.

That line-up is worse than last year's playoff starting line-up.

Mal
12-14-2012, 02:00 AM
Lakers in 4 or 5, depends on HCA. When Nash is back, nobody would keep up with them on scoring. I mean Mamba, D-Ho, Pau Gasol and Metta all in D`Anthony system with Nash at PG plus from the bench - Jamison, Meeks, Ebanks. Spurs should score 120 pts to win with that offense.

DMC
12-14-2012, 02:24 AM
But the Lakers starters aren't good enough to go up double digits on the best teams in the league.

Not right now. They could be if they didn't have Mike D, over time.

Only way they beat a team like the Spurs is if they pull off a huge trade that addresses their issues. As it stands, the Spurs starting line-up is better than a Howard/Gasol/Metta/Kirby/Nash in D'Antoni's system, which makes Gasol an afterthought and misuses Dwight.
The key is Mike's system. Egos have to be left at the door to the gym, including Mike's, if they hope to ever gel and compete. That doesn't mean do it Kobe's way, and lol @ Kobe talking to Magic about the troubles of the team. That's usurping coach's authority right there. Kobe has always been and will always be a cancer to his team's chances of success. Big names don't go to LA to play with Kobe. They go to play for LA. If Mike D ever decides to go for broke, he will have Kobe riding the pine for a few games to get the others involved. Once that happens, win or lose, Kobe might build trust in them.

That line-up is worse than last year's playoff starting line-up.
It is right now. I'd take Nash over Sessions and Howard over Bynum and Jamison over whoever.

racm
12-14-2012, 02:46 AM
Spurs in 5 or 6.

Unless D'Antoni manages to learn how to make a half-court offense and use his bigs, I don't see the Lakers getting anything done.