PDA

View Full Version : Let's face it: The Spurs aren't going anywhere this season

spursmartyr
12-14-2012, 01:26 AM
Might be high time to trade away some of the major rooks, bishops and knights of the chess board while they still have value for young pieces because this team isn't going to sniff a championship if they can't avoid a consecutive loss to a sub-.500 team no less.

timtonymanu
12-14-2012, 01:27 AM
What a stupid thread.

superjames1992
12-14-2012, 01:27 AM
This forum can be pathetic.

This team, along with the Grizzlies and the Thunder, has a pretty solid chance at representing the West in the NBA Finals.

Darius Bieber
12-14-2012, 01:29 AM
Okay, here's a few things:

1. Basketball is a game about shots. You make shots, you miss shots. No matter if the team is above or below .500. Spurs missed clear opportunities to win, no need to commit suicide.

2. A long roadtrip and the Spurs still managed to stay close these last two games.

3. Without Leonard and Jack.

timtonymanu
12-14-2012, 01:29 AM
:cry The Spurs aren't going 82-0. They are going nowhere this year. :cry

Brunodf
12-14-2012, 01:30 AM
Wow that is desperation

thunderup
12-14-2012, 01:30 AM
This team, along with the Grizzlies and the Thunder, has a pretty solid chance at representing the West in the NBA Finals.

They won't beat either. I would also bet that they wouldn't beat the Clippers.

superjames1992
12-14-2012, 01:31 AM
Maybe not the Clippers, but this team has already beaten you guys and Memphis. Watch what you say.

Juggity
:lol Calm down scro, the spurs are still 2nd in the west

TampaDude

Spurs and Heat in the Finals. Spurs in 6. BOOK IT.

thunderup
12-14-2012, 01:32 AM
Maybe not the Clippers, but this team has already beaten you guys and Memphis. Watch what you say.
Regular season.

superjames1992
Regular season.
Well, I'm the only one with facts on my side. But that's okay if you want to just make things up.

And I'm aware of what happened last season, but that was last season.

TDMVPDPOY
lol wankers on this site regular season champions, playoff fodder team....

Clipper Nation

Forgetting anybody?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md61a2DfOY1qlmccuo1_500.jpg

TampaDude
Regular season.

4 rings, faggot! :lol

sananspursfan21
12-14-2012, 01:33 AM
kinda thinking there should be a minimum post limit for starting threads...

superjames1992
12-14-2012, 01:33 AM
[QUOTE=Clipper Nation;6244505]Forgetting anybody?
Yes, I did, actually.

I don't feel too good about the chances against the Clippers given the games this season...

Fuzzy Dunlop
12-14-2012, 01:34 AM
:lol Spurs
:lol shit pushed in by Mo Williams
:lol shit pushed in by Lillard
:lol regular season titles

thunderup
12-14-2012, 01:35 AM
:lol

Sean Cagney
12-14-2012, 01:35 AM
LOL they are not done yet, yes they might not and probably won't make the finals but they have a shot to go there. I don't think they will, but I hope they can make a finals run.

LOL Milwaukee deers fan in here running his mouth.......... Good lord. 4 NBA titles to your????????

Josh810
12-14-2012, 01:36 AM
This is hilarious

Not a troll in sight during all the winning...and suddenly two come out of nowhere. Clippers? Really? :lol

spursmartyr
12-14-2012, 01:40 AM
4 rings, faggot! :lol

yeah, the Thunder haven't won since what.... 1979? (as the Sonics)

TDMVPDPOY
12-14-2012, 01:41 AM
lol new accounts created with under 5posts smack talking...really??

superjames1992
12-14-2012, 01:44 AM
110-99 (http://www.nba.com/games/20121205/MILSAS/gameinfo.html). Eat it.

justinandimcool
12-14-2012, 01:47 AM
how many Lob City forums do you have to be banned from to start posting on ST? seriously?

:lol Clipper fans

Clipper Nation
12-14-2012, 01:47 AM
how many Lob City forums do you have to be banned from to start posting on ST? seriously?

:lol Clipper fans

Son, I actually respect the Spurs, and I'm a big Duncan fan... :lol

timtonymanu
12-14-2012, 01:49 AM
rofl there's a Thunder and Bucks troll in here, and people think Clipper Nation is trolling?

Mikesatx
12-14-2012, 02:09 AM
You must have forgot how close the series was last year. You got a career game from Ibaka when he couldn't miss and Harden shooting lights out only to regress to the mean against the Heat. Funny thing is I think most in here are more worried about the Grizz than your team. The Clipps are still coached by Vinny and won in San Antonio in arguably Parker's worst game of the year. You dismissing the Spurs and the op suggesting the team is mediocre is ignorant.

Rapper
12-14-2012, 03:03 AM
There is no back to back in playoffs

benstanfield
12-14-2012, 03:07 AM
While this thread is absolute dogshit, I would agree that this roster will not have sustained playoff success. Our weaknesses now, I would say, are such that they are much more exploitable over the course of a 7 game series than on any given night by any given team. When opposing coaches realize that we have 1 PG on the roster, and that pressuring whoever brings up the ball in our 2nd unit leads to utter chaos, our bench becomes exploitable. When opposing coaches realize that our only NBA quality PF literally will not shoot and does not need to be guarded, they can clog the paint and basically play 5 on 4, and any lineup which features Diaw becomes exploitable. Dependence on Danny Green puts us at the whims of his fluctuations. Manu, injured or not, isn't doing much of anything off the dribble these days, and his PnR sets with Tiago look worse than De Colo's. These are things that, even though they can be overcome on a game by game basis, will put us at a decided disadvantage in playoff series where they become much more obvious. Tim looks great now, but he isn't carrying us anywhere in the postseason if we can't beat the Jazz on a night that he gets 20 and 20 with 5 blocks.

People act like we have viable trade pieces. We can't really part with Jack at this point. I mean we can, but the guy is one of 2 SFs on the roster and our de facto backup PF if we're looking at actual skill and not Pop's charity rotations. He is also, I would argue, the only consistent shooter besides Neal on the roster and, if Manu continues to play this way, the only player off the bench that can consistently find his own shots. That being said, his salary is really our only big trade chip. Trading Tiago really defeats the purpose of getting another big, and his 3 or so million isn't going to garner much of an improvement. Nobody wants the turd shitstains. Nobody wants Patty Mills. James Anderson was on the junk heap two weeks ago, he absolutely isn't a trade piece. McDyess isn't coming back. TJ Ford isn't coming back.

Looking at the way the PF position is playing out around the league, I don't think it would be a bad idea to shop around for a backup SF and make Jack our backup PF, honestly.

DejuanorwhatDude
12-14-2012, 03:10 AM
While this thread is absolute dogshit, I would agree that this roster will not have sustained playoff success. Our weaknesses now, I would say, are such that they are much more exploitable over the course of a 7 game series than on any given night by any given team. When opposing coaches realize that we have 1 PG on the roster, and that pressuring whoever brings up the ball in our 2nd unit leads to utter chaos, our bench becomes exploitable. When opposing coaches realize that our only NBA quality PF literally will not shoot and does not need to be guarded, they can clog the paint and basically play 5 on 4, and any lineup which features Diaw becomes exploitable. Dependence on Danny Green puts us at the whims of his fluctuations. Manu, injured or not, isn't doing much of anything off the dribble these days, and his PnR sets with Tiago look worse than De Colo's. These are things that, even though they can be overcome on a game by game basis, will put us at a decided disadvantage in playoff series where they become much more obvious. Tim looks great now, but he isn't carrying us anywhere in the postseason if we can't beat the Jazz on a night that he gets 20 and 20 with 5 blocks.

People act like we have viable trade pieces. We can't really part with Jack at this point. I mean we can, but the guy is one of 2 SFs on the roster and our de facto backup PF if we're looking at actual skill and not Pop's charity rotations. He is also, I would argue, the only consistent shooter besides Neal on the roster and, if Manu continues to play this way, the only player off the bench that can consistently find his own shots. That being said, his salary is really our only big trade chip. Trading Tiago really defeats the purpose of getting another big, and his 3 or so million isn't going to garner much of an improvement. Nobody wants the turd shitstains. Nobody wants Patty Mills. James Anderson was on the junk heap two weeks ago, he absolutely isn't a trade piece. McDyess isn't coming back. TJ Ford isn't coming back.

Looking at the way the PF position is playing out around the league, I don't think it would be a bad idea to shop around for a backup SF and make Jack our backup PF, honestly.

Agreed. Essentially though you have to roll with the pieces you have and hope for the best. If the Spurs can somehow come close to replicating the level of play they hit last year towards the end of the season, they have a shot and thats about all you can ask for at this point with the West as loaded as it is.

raybies
12-14-2012, 03:16 AM
While tiaho doesn't shoot he moves well enough witut the ball. That teams do need to guard him or give up a layup or pick up a foul.

hooperflash
12-14-2012, 04:28 AM
crappy thread by spursmartyr #4

justinandimcool
12-14-2012, 05:00 AM

How is this thread dogshit when you say basically the same thing as OP? Just better and intelligent-er.

Fireball
12-14-2012, 05:26 AM
Why is "anywhere" always the championship? Benstanfield has valid points, but if everybody is healthy and in good condition after an easy march schedule, this team is still bound to get into the WCF. With Jack and Kawhi in the lineup I have faith we can be good enough defensively to overcome offensive struggles in the playoffs.

AussieFanKurt
12-14-2012, 05:33 AM
Hall of fame thread tbh!!!

Paranoid Pop
12-14-2012, 05:34 AM

I feel the same way, I suggested to shop Diaw to D'Antoni to get a tough mofo like Metta a while ago... It's either we try to get a proven SF or we take a gamble on a PF like Vesely.

Bottom line is we're fucked because of the FO being incredibly shortsighed and farming back up guards while ignoring real needs, like the most competitive position in the game today : PF with Love, Millsap, Griffin, Lebron, Carmelo and so on...

How they got arrogant and self satisfied enough in the off season to think they were comfortably on top and didn't need any change is beyond me. Let's have De Colo, Mills and Neal all at once just in case, not like we could use the spots to take gambles on bigger guys...

Fuck the san antonio hobbits tbh.

It has been said before but really feels like Pop is throwing shit on the wall with his rotations, his only locks are questionable, like Green being an immovable starter for some reason, Pop's new obvious lovechild now that he got angry at Bonbon... Below average at everything but can play some decent D on a PG once in a blue moon...

Now that we are where we are, better think positive and how to get out of it, we have to take a swing and make a trade.

I'm not sure how I feel about Boris horrendous level of play tbh, that's a big part of the equation since you can play him basically every position, do we hide him at back up SF or something...

TP KY SJax Pf Tim

I want something like that with the PF being Kmart or Vesely or anyone who can rebound/defend at elite level, even someone like Ibaka is scoring the ball better than he ever had...

KY can play SG 1000 times better than Green, Sjax can play the 3 starter level, better than Green is playing the 2 at least so overall it's a clear upgrade. When the other team goes small it's easy you take out the defensive minded PF and put Manu at the 2.

TP Manu KY Sjax Tim

I don't care about the rest of the rotation because you do the rest in fonction of you core unit, not the other way around...

TP KY SJax Pf Tim
CJ Neal Manu Diaw Tiago

or

TP Manu KY SJax Tim
CJ Neal SF Diaw Tiago

One of Neal/Green can be traded for a PF...

Hoops Czar
12-14-2012, 05:36 AM
Could of had Blatche for nothing. Ya snooze, ya lose. He's tearing it up in Brooklyn now that he's getting playing time.

polandprzem
12-14-2012, 05:38 AM
Last season proved that we do not have a chance of winning championships.
Probably it will never happen in San Antonio.

So just watch and enjoy basketball. No worries about winning or losing anymore.

Paranoid Pop
12-14-2012, 05:42 AM

If anything it proved we have a chance imo.

polandprzem
12-14-2012, 05:48 AM
If anything it proved we have a chance imo.

Really really?

Pistons have a chance as well.

Spurs proved they have big holes in their game for the playoffs.

But yea - last year I belived

polandprzem
12-14-2012, 05:48 AM
e

DapDaGenius
12-14-2012, 06:11 AM
Spurs are doing good this season, you can't win every game and you're going to with the way the Spurs are currently.

Oh, well...this is still the best possible trade for us.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c4w3wnj

polandprzem
12-14-2012, 06:17 AM
Spurs are doing good this season, you can't win every game and you're going to with the way the Spurs are currently.

Oh, well...this is still the best possible trade for us.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c4w3wnj

biskvito
12-14-2012, 06:31 AM
free De Colo!

colargol
12-14-2012, 06:38 AM
Looking for a PF,...try

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c3jyhlk

weebo
12-14-2012, 07:06 AM
Forgetting anybody?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md61a2DfOY1qlmccuo1_500.jpg

Bonner :lol

weebo
12-14-2012, 07:18 AM
No worries. Spurs have some guys out due to injury, some players are playing hurt, and they've been playing a shitty schedule for about the last month. Seriously, did you all expect all the Spurs to steam-roll through the NBA with all that shit going on?

This is not the lakers here. They'll play better once everyone is back and healthy and Tim, Tony, and Manu get some rest.

Leetonidas
12-14-2012, 07:21 AM
some of you guys are pathetic. i can remember countless threads like these when the Spurs would drop a gimme to a shit team in the championship years. quit fucking whining and wait til the playoffs start, Spurs look damn good this year and a couple losses at the end of a long trip without their SF rotation is nothing to go all tpark over

Boomersgold
12-14-2012, 07:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzduINMcW-c

DapDaGenius
12-14-2012, 07:52 AM

I thought it was pretty funny too.

I think it's funny that they lose 1 more game per person they get, but we only go down 3 games. :lmao

Texas_Ranger
12-14-2012, 08:43 AM

This.

Spurs were destroying teams last season, 20 straight wins and then they fucked big time.
With guys like Blair, Bonner and even Diaw on our frontline we are a joke. Green is another guy that will start playing like crap when another team eliminates his 3pt shooting. Then they don't really have a backup point guard. Neal's PG skills are level amateur and Mills is just an undersized SG. I am also sorry that I don't trust Nando in the playoffs. Next, there is the Tim Duncan problem. We don't know how much will he have in the tank. The same goes for Manu. Right now we have problems with Kawhi and nobody really knows how good he will play after he comes back. So please don't get too upset if this team doesn't win it all.

JRHernandez88
12-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Lol :facepalm:

DMC
12-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Might be high time to trade away some of the major rooks, bishops and knights of the chess board while they still have value for young pieces because this team isn't going to sniff a championship if they can't avoid a consecutive loss to a sub-.500 team no less.

You're not going to build a championship team this season, however if you want to try, you would have to make some changes. In Tour de France terms, the Spurs are sprinters right now. They need to be climbers with the ability to sprint because when the mountain stages get here, they will fall behind.

racm
12-14-2012, 10:14 AM
GNSF thread again

That said the Spurs have had a brutal schedule, yet are still a solid 2nd in the conference (seedings are not determined in December) and that's with their two large wings missing considerable time.

txstr1986
12-14-2012, 10:28 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg?1307463786

dunkman
12-14-2012, 10:42 AM
The Spurs have to stay true to the classy ball roots, tbh . . .

maverick1948
12-14-2012, 12:53 PM
27 games will be 1/3 of the season. At 24, we are 18-6. By winning 2 of the next 3, we will be 20-6. Right on schedule to winning 60 with a favorable schedule after the rodeo road trip. Starting Feb 27 with Phoenix, we are home basically all but a game in Minnesota. The other road game is a 1 day trip to the far reaches of Houston. Also, only 1 back to back in the entire month. Although the early schedule has been brutal, we get back at Stern in the month of March. When the rodeo road trip comes in at 7-2 and the next 15 games with 13 at home come in at 13-2. That is another run of 20-6 for the Spurs. I wont say they will win 60 games this year, but it will be for sure in the high 50's at the end of the season.

One other observation, Pop has not been playing Bonner that much this season. Have you ever thought that he might be slowing the start of the season for Bonner so he wont run out of gas be the end of the regular season and disappear in the playoffs? :wow

:toast

Horse
12-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Yeah and who will your faggot team beat without help from stern and his merrymen? You got a trip to the finals handed to you, then shit the bed against lechoke and his crew.

12-14-2012, 02:15 PM
It's probably true but there's still that small percentage that the Spurs can pull what the Lakers did in 2009. Every other major contender could have a crucial player suffer a season ending or major injury and the Spurs would cruise to through the playoffs. I think for that year it was Garnett, Nelson, Yao Ming/Tmac, Ginobili, and Tyson Chandler that got injured and either couldn't play or completely sucked when they came back. Combined that with Howard's fluke free throw shooting before the finals to get rid of the Celtics and Cavs, the Lakers were handed a championship. Maybe the Spurs can accomplish the same thing. Just stay healthy and hope someone on each contending team has a fluke injury.

Arcadian
12-14-2012, 03:41 PM

:lol Bucks
:lol Regular seasons losses
:lol Brutal schedule and still second-best record in the NBA
:lol Spurs would utterly destroy the Jazz and Blazers in a playoff series
:lol Technically not regular-season champs, as the Bulls had the best record the past 2 years (edging out the Spurs)
:lol So literally everything you said is wrong or irrelevant
:lol Dumbass

therealtruth
12-14-2012, 10:06 PM
One other observation, Pop has not been playing Bonner that much this season. Have you ever thought that he might be slowing the start of the season for Bonner so he wont run out of gas be the end of the regular season and disappear in the playoffs? :wow

:toast

Not sure if you're serious?

spursmartyr
12-15-2012, 12:21 PM
You're not going to build a championship team this season, however if you want to try, you would have to make some changes. In Tour de France terms, the Spurs are sprinters right now. They need to be climbers with the ability to sprint because when the mountain stages get here, they will fall behind.

Last year the Spurs stayed back in the peloton early & won 20 games in a row during the "mountainous" stretch. This year, our most "mountainous" stretch (of road games, B2B's, injuries, controversy) is almost behind us. I don't see your point...