PDA

View Full Version : The Way Its Lookin...Dejuan going to be the next Beno Udrih

cd021
12-14-2012, 09:31 PM
I was recently looking on basketball-reference at R.C Bufford's transaction history as a GM. I came across something rather interesting the Spurs traded Beno Udrih to the Minnesota Timberwolves for at 1st 57 protected 2nd round draft pick. Considering Udrih was the teams backup point guard 2 seasons removed and played 81 games. The Spurs traded him even though they knew they weren't going to get anything in return (Sacramento was in rebuild after trading Webber & Peja) unless they finished with one of the 3 best records in the league.

Dejuan Blair's fall from "grace", if you will, has been pretty amazing. As a rookie he averaged over 7 rebounds per game (18 mpg) and had a per 36 of 12pts and 14 rpg, with a pair of 20-20 games mixed in. Each season he has regressed on the glass despite improving offensively. This season he's doing neither well despite being in the best shape of his life. He is shooting 46.7% (down nearly 7% from last season) Id be shocked to see him traded for any better than a top 45 protected 2nd round pick.

jag
12-14-2012, 10:05 PM
What the hell is this?

TDMVPDPOY
12-14-2012, 11:20 PM
beno still avg the same numbers when he was shipped out, dont forget he also has 2 rings bitch....get rid of fat beno, wasted next 6 years wasting draft picks looking for a backup PG....

Drewlius
12-15-2012, 03:41 AM
[ ] Thread Delivers
[X] Odaley Spurs

JRHernandez88
12-15-2012, 09:30 AM
:wow sounds like a lot of research

Who knows whats gona happen with Blair man. He used to be one of my favorites his rookie year, I thought he had potential. His confidence is like at 0% right now, you can tell by his body language. He doesn't really produce anything for us now so we'll see what happens...

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-15-2012, 09:33 AM
I was recently looking on basketball-reference at R.C Bufford's transaction history as a GM. I came across something rather interesting the Spurs traded Beno Udrih to the Sacramento Kings for at 1st 57 protected 2nd round draft pick. Considering Udrih was the teams backup point guard 2 seasons removed and played 81 games. The Spurs traded him even though they knew they weren't going to get anything in return (Sacramento was in rebuild after trading Webber & Peja) unless they finished with one of the 3 best records in the league.

Beno got traded to T'wolves, not Sac. He then got waived.

cd021
12-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Beno got traded to T'wolves, not Sac. He then got waived.

Thanks for the correction, I for some reason only remember him in Sacramento.

cd021
12-15-2012, 04:39 PM
beno still avg the same numbers when he was shipped out, dont forget he also has 2 rings bitch....get rid of fat beno, wasted next 6 years wasting draft picks looking for a backup PG....

I'm really confused about your stance. Are you saying that we should have kept Beno so we wouldn't waste picks on PGs?