PDA

View Full Version : Parker to join Paris Olympic bid team in Singapore

spurschick
06-29-2005, 11:44 AM
Wednesday • June 29, 2005
http://www.todayonline.com/articles/58670.asp

France's NBA star Tony Parker said that he dreamed of ending his career during the 2012 Olympics which he hoped Paris would host.

The double NBA champion with San Antonio Spurs told French television that he would be travelling with the Paris bid team to Singapore for the final decision on the host city on July 6.

"It would be great to go out on a high at the Paris Games," said Parker who would be 30 years old at the time.

Parker said that after he retired professionally he planned to start a French team with his brothers Terence and Pierre, and basketball friends such as NBA player Boris Diaw and Ronny Turiaf.

"We've talked about it. Now all we have to do is find a town," joked Parker whose contract next season of 11 million dollars will make him the highest paid French sportsperson ever.

Paris is favourite ahead of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Evaluation Commission's vote on July 6 in Singapore ahead of London, New York and Madrid with Moscow trailing.

Kori Ellis
06-29-2005, 11:45 AM
France's NBA star Tony Parker said that he dreamed of ending his career during the 2012 Olympics which he hoped Paris would host.

Before people flip out, I think he's talking about his international playing career. I don't think he's thinking of retiring from the NBA at 30 years old.

spurschick
06-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Before people flip out, I think he's talking about his international playing career. I don't think he's thinking of retiring from the NBA at 30 years old.

I would hope not... that does seem awfully young.

Gino2882
06-29-2005, 11:49 AM
Well I dont see Parker as a player who can play until he is 36 like other players. He has a smaller body and takes a beating. However, if he is still going well at 30 I think he keeps playing.

easjer
06-29-2005, 11:51 AM
:lol

Thanks, Kori, I was wondering. It seemed so . . . young.

Slo spurs fan
06-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Have you guys already saw this pic?
http://imagehost.darkernet.co.uk/i/parker_show.jpg

1Parker1
06-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Have you guys already saw this pic?
http://imagehost.darkernet.co.uk/i/parker_show.jpg

That's crazy!! Parker is really worshipped over there.

How come we didn't put a TD jersey on the one in NY? :lol

SouthernFried
06-29-2005, 12:35 PM
Is that a real pic?

Unless Parker develops a good outside shot, and develops a better court awareness and assist ratio...his speed and quickness wont last him much more than 30.

boutons
06-29-2005, 12:47 PM
"Parker is really worshipped over there."

Some do, some don't, like anybody anywhere else.

hendrix
06-29-2005, 09:46 PM
"Parker is really worshipped over there."
Some do, some don't, like anybody anywhere else.

Actually, I was chatting with Stephane some time ago and he mentioned that TP is seen as a "ballhog" and that he has not that many fans "over there" (basketball people, teen fans are not included here).
I guess some do and some don't.
But that was before this championship, maybe now they do worship him, who knows.

FearDaDuncaN_SA
06-29-2005, 09:56 PM
Pfffft, it sounds weird for me whenever I read about anyone worshiping or idolizing anyone in the spotlight. (Celebrities, Sports Players, Models, Artists, Comedians, etc.)
That's just bizarre to me...lol

A person can have thier likes. But, there is a line you just do not cross.

You dont worship!

Maybe, uhm, recognize....take notice...give credit...

ca®lo
06-29-2005, 11:30 PM
i think thats photochopped :)

gilmor
06-30-2005, 01:33 AM
Wow.. that's awesome.. I can catch Tony parker in Singapore!!

AI-square
06-30-2005, 01:40 AM
I'm surprised no one has asked where the &*($ Singapore is. Anyone has flight details? I wanna be there when he arrives!

Quasar
06-30-2005, 02:44 AM
I'm surprised no one has asked where the &*($ Singapore is. Anyone has flight details? I wanna be there when he arrives!

Haha man, I thought Singapore came on the world map after that Singapore's government decided to 'cane' that US teen who keyed someone's car.

Singapore is in south-east asia, north of Indonesia.

Anyway, it's great... If Tony's really coming, I'll finally get to see my first Spurs player in real life.

Too bad it's not Ginobili...

I've always wanted to watch Manu play.

Kori, do you have the exact dates & flight details?

spursupporter
06-30-2005, 03:07 AM
i also wish i would be able to meet parker, but i think of probably that time i would be in school.

gilmor
06-30-2005, 05:13 AM
Michael Fay < Tony Parker

AI-square
06-30-2005, 07:30 AM
Apparently, Parker wants to bring Eva along, so the tiny humid country will get even hotter.