Brunodf
12-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Thank God wasn't against us

lefty
12-15-2012, 11:59 PM
Kyrie :worthy:

Clipper Nation
12-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Kyrie's a beast, tbh.... fake "superstar" point guards like DWill and Ra'on should take notes, tbh...

symple19
12-16-2012, 12:45 AM
Those commercials are dope

AussieFanKurt
12-16-2012, 12:54 AM
I underestimated Kyrie, what a balla

russellgoat
12-16-2012, 01:06 AM
rubio> that chuker

DMC
12-16-2012, 01:10 AM
woohoo a chucker in the making

DMC
12-16-2012, 01:11 AM
Kyrie's a beast, tbh.... fake "superstar" point guards like DWill and Ra'on should take notes, tbh...

You mean the Ra'on with the ring on his finger?

rayjayjohnson
12-16-2012, 01:14 AM

son if dwill and rajon are 'fake superstar pgs' your boy chris paul is their ringleader.

Clipper Nation
12-16-2012, 01:40 AM

He was still a relatively new player back then, it was Ray, Pierce and KG's team...

DMC
12-16-2012, 02:08 AM
He was still a relatively new player back then, it was Ray, Pierce and KG's team...

He was still the starting PG on the championship team.

PingPong
12-16-2012, 02:08 AM
The kid is just a sophomore, 20 years old. Kyrie is for real.

gee
12-16-2012, 02:28 AM

If kyrie was on that celtics team he would have started + have a ring.
And if rondo was drafted last year by the cavs they still wouldnt have won.

So rings are completely irrelevant here

whitemamba
12-16-2012, 03:14 AM

:lol

whitemamba
12-16-2012, 03:14 AM
doesnt matter tbh, they lost...

TheRealCB
12-16-2012, 04:52 AM

Because Varejao couldn't make both his free throws.

baseline bum
12-16-2012, 05:19 AM

LOL hearing this from Kobe fans

Raven
12-16-2012, 06:29 AM
rubio> that chuker

:tu

TheRealCB
12-16-2012, 06:47 AM
:tu

:lol Rubio
:lol hasn't improved since 16 years old
:lol shut down by Nick fucking Calathes
:lol not even the best european PG of his generation

Latarian Milton
12-16-2012, 10:05 AM
one game lost means an increase in the odd of getting the #1 pick, so congrats to them tbh

Captivus
12-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Kirie is amazing. Hes gonna be one of the best PG ever.

Trill Clinton
12-16-2012, 11:10 AM
kyrie is the best pg in the eastern conference.

JRHernandez88
12-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Here yal lames go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lOhbA0fn_A

Kyrie went Zorro on them hoes.

@2:28http://imageshack.us/a/img824/5943/chrispaulnoooo.png

InRareForm
12-16-2012, 12:16 PM
just gotta hope mr glass has no more injuries. Already an amazing player

TheCultOfPersonality
12-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Thank goodness that Jeremy Pargo, the point guard version of Byron Mullens, was starting against the Grizzlies a couple weeks ago and not Kyrie.

DPG21920
12-16-2012, 02:21 PM
First game with a mask (which we know has to be awkward as hell) with a broken bone in his face? Damn. So far too he's a career 47% FG shooter which is pretty damn amazing for a PG, especially one on an awful team that has to take some tough shots with everyone keying in on him.

purplengold
12-16-2012, 02:38 PM
kyrie gotta fix he defense, he fragile tho so maybe good he dun play a lot of D

DMC
12-16-2012, 09:24 PM
If kyrie was on that celtics team he would have started + have a ring.
And if rondo was drafted last year by the cavs they still wouldnt have won.

So rings are completely irrelevant here

If my aunt had balls you'd suck them.

DMC
12-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Here yal lames go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lOhbA0fn_A

Kyrie went Zorro on them hoes.

@2:28http://imageshack.us/a/img824/5943/chrispaulnoooo.png

Another Kobe, big man rolling wide open under the rim, Irving shoots the contested 3, NBA forum sucks him off then starts threads about teamwork.

gee
12-16-2012, 09:30 PM
If my aunt had balls you'd suck them.

Poor form

DMC
12-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Poor form

I know but I hate cliches. You get my point. Rondo is one of the premier PGs in the league. Irving is a rookie on a team that relies on him very heavily. Rondo had 3 other mouths to feed. Rondo should not be compared with a rookie PG.

DPG21920
12-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Another Kobe, big man rolling wide open under the rim, Irving shoots the contested 3, NBA forum sucks him off then starts threads about teamwork.

Don't know why you are trying to be so obtuse...Kyrie is studly (even if his defense sucks). He shoots a very good percentage and pointing to him taking shots instead of passing and comparing him to Kobe in that regard? Kyrie isn't playing with prime Shaq, or Dwight Howard. He's playing with a bunch of talentless hacks.

gee
12-16-2012, 09:45 PM
I know but I hate cliches. You get my point. Rondo is one of the premier PGs in the league. Irving is a rookie on a team that relies on him very heavily. Rondo had 3 other mouths to feed. Rondo should not be compared with a rookie PG.

For sure.
Im just not a fan of the 'more rings = better player' argument, its been used to try to justify some of the stupidest opinions ever.
But yeah you are completely right.

PingPong
12-16-2012, 09:53 PM

And? The kid can pass too... but the cavaliers offense is shite, that's why the kid tries to finish himself.

JRHernandez88
12-16-2012, 11:14 PM
I haven't really watched much of the Cavs but I haven't heard of him being much of a chucker, he was just feeling it...

whitemamba
12-17-2012, 02:22 AM
decent players look like superstars on shitty teams

purplengold
12-17-2012, 02:29 AM

or when they play 40 mins a game ona lotto team

DMC
12-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Don't know why you are trying to be so obtuse...Kyrie is studly (even if his defense sucks). He shoots a very good percentage and pointing to him taking shots instead of passing and comparing him to Kobe in that regard? Kyrie isn't playing with prime Shaq, or Dwight Howard. He's playing with a bunch of talentless hacks.

Whomever he's playing with are his teammates. It's his job to get them involved. AV can run the pick and roll pretty well, and on several of those contested shots Irving had higher percentage options that would have gotten his teammates involved. High scoring PGs aren't impressive. Chris Paul is impressive not because he can upload points to the scoreboard but because he can also get his team involved. Granted Irving gets some dimes, but I don't see a high scoring PG as being anything other than a PG who shoots too much.

DMC
12-17-2012, 08:11 AM
And? The kid can pass too... but the cavaliers offense is shite, that's why the kid tries to finish himself.

That's the Kobe excuse. In his mind the offense is shit, so he tries to do it himself. You have what you have, and it's in everyone's best interest if you play team ball. He's not going win a ring doing it himself. Tell me a PG who has done it himself and gotten anywhere near a ring. RW scored 40 in a Finals game and still lost. Irving lost that game as well.

I find it amusing how people crucify players who chuck but then worship them when they hit the shot. The decision to chuck instead of play team ball is what should be crucified, not the results. Many NBA players can shoot a high percentage (if you consider less than half to be a high percentage).

I have nothing against the kid, probably going to be a force in the league on a real team some day, but right now he's just getting his.

JoeTait75
12-17-2012, 01:22 PM
Cannot play even a semblance of defense, not to mention the constant injury problems. Great offensive player, though.

ambchang
12-17-2012, 03:53 PM

Some of them may even average 35.4 ppg throughout the season.

whitemamba
12-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Some of them may even average 35.4 ppg throughout the season.

proven star... had 3 rings

Greg Oden
12-17-2012, 10:00 PM

:lol expected buttmad post

kobe fans are sensitive.

ambchang
12-18-2012, 11:08 AM

Star, no doubt. Decent players can be stars, like Tracey McGrady and Vince Carter.

Bill_Brasky
12-18-2012, 11:16 AM

Kyrie is a ballhog who won't pass to his big men yet Varejao is averaging a career high in points this season. Ok.

JoeTait75
12-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Whomever he's playing with are his teammates. It's his job to get them involved. AV can run the pick and roll pretty well, and on several of those contested shots Irving had higher percentage options that would have gotten his teammates involved. High scoring PGs aren't impressive. Chris Paul is impressive not because he can upload points to the scoreboard but because he can also get his team involved. Granted Irving gets some dimes, but I don't see a high scoring PG as being anything other than a PG who shoots too much.

I kind of agree with you here, DMC. Right now Kyrie is more a clean-cut Iverson-type than a true floor general that makes his teammates better.

Varejao's numbers are up because they're oftentimes running the offense through him as a Divac-type high-post big man more so than anything Kyrie is doing for him, IMO.

Of course, I'd rather see Kyrie chuck up a contested three-pointer than try and get the likes of Tristan Thompson involved.

lefty
12-18-2012, 02:18 PM
I kind of agree with you here, DMC. Right now Kyrie is more a clean-cut Iverson-type than a true floor general that makes his teammates better.

Varejao's numbers are up because they're oftentimes running the offense through him as a Divac-type high-post big man more so than anything Kyrie is doing for him, IMO.

Of course, I'd rather see Kyrie chuck up a contested three-pointer than try and get the likes of Tristan Thompson involved.

You should post here more often :worthy:

tlongII
12-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Almost as good as Damian Lillard.

DMC
12-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Kyrie is a ballhog who won't pass to his big men yet Varejao is averaging a career high in points this season. Ok.

You're putting words in my mouth. If you don't agree, say so. No need to build a strawman in order to disagree with it.

If you watch the video of Irving's points, you will see many instances where he had a higher percentage option he didn't take. You will see wide open players rolling to the rim, never getting the ball. I could see if Irving was wide open from 15' and took the shot, but he's throwing up 26' shots. Of course those clips are cherry picked to show his points so of course he doesn't pass, but whether or not you make the shot, taking a long range contested 3 over an easy layup is poor decision making. He's a rookie though, but you rarely see decision making praised now days, it's always a respect system that's based on individual points.

Latarian Milton
12-18-2012, 08:05 PM
so you're expecting him to make decisions as wisely as jason kidd does. he's a rookie and he still has alot to learn but there're not many things better he can do rather than take the shots and score himself when he's surrounded by dipshits, varejao is a legit defensive big but he's just a poor man's tyson it looks to me. cavs are a shitty franchise and you'll see him making a good decision for himself when his contract is up tbh

whitemamba
12-18-2012, 08:09 PM
:lol expected buttmad post

kobe fans are sensitive.

how are the knees bro?