PDA

View Full Version : Denzel Washingtons final statement in Flight

Fabbs
12-16-2012, 11:59 AM
As "Whip Whitaker", just as he is about to get off all charges he confesses to sniffin and drinkin while on the job (and 98% of the rest of the time).
He goes on to give a speech in prison saying his prison sentence is fair and that while he is incarcerated this is the 1st time in his life he has felt truly free.

Q. With a sadly large percentage of Afro American men in prison (no racist), was/is it Denzel and producers intention by this ending statement to get them to own up to their behaviors and come out of prison for the better?

For you racists-Would-be-Strawmen respondents, certainly this would and could apply to any race person in jail. Also i am not talking to the poor souls who were framed and in jail unjustly. Or those doing completely unfairly long sentences ie Cracker Law that dealing two tons of coke by Whitey got them probation while Afro Amer firing up some crack rock got 10 years.

Another caveat would be the facility Whitaker is depicted in is modern, his room is a livable space looks like 12 X 14 or so and clean. The indication is given that he has access to education and equipment. So i am not refering to prisons where the prisoners are stacked on bunk beds and have no access to tools to better themselves and corrupt prison guards butt ram them. The people who run those prisons are disgusting.

Koolaid_Man
12-16-2012, 12:13 PM
As "Whip Whitaker", just as he is about to get off all charges he confesses to sniffin and drinkin while on the job (and 98% of the rest of the time).
He goes on to give a speech in prison saying his prison sentence is fair and that while he is incarcerated this is the 1st time in his life he has felt truly free.

Q. With a sadly large percentage of Afro American men in prison (no racist), was/is it Denzel and producers intention by this ending statement to get them to own up to their behaviors and come out of prison for the better?

For you racists-Would-be-Strawmen respondents, certainly this would and could apply to any race person in jail. Also i am not talking to the poor souls who were framed and in jail unjustly. Or those doing completely unfairly long sentences ie Cracker Law that dealing two tons of coke by Whitey got them probation while Afro Amer firing up some crack rock got 10 years.

Another caveat would be the facility Whitaker is depicted in is modern, his room is a livable space looks like 12 X 14 or so and clean. The indication is given that he has access to education and equipment. So i am not refering to prisons where the prisoners are stacked on bunk beds and have no access to tools to better themselves and corrupt prison guards butt ram them. The people who run those prisons are disgusting.

I've never been to prison...in fact I purposely live my life avoiding prison....Lord only knows the kinds of monsters in prison...if I went I think I'd ask for solitary confinement...I would be considered a pretty boy and I don't think I could fight off the sexual predators for too long...or I'd be forced to join a gang for protection....so if I'm going I'm going for a white collar crime..I'd be avoiding state prison's at all costs...:lol

Venti Quattro
12-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Denzel is THAT nigga.

Reck
12-24-2012, 06:39 AM
I dont get your question tbh..

Most if not all inmates know why they are in prison so the admitting part becomes moot.

Also, I dont think people in jail are going to be watching movies that aren't from a decade ago. :lol

As for the prison he is housed at it looks like a minimum security facility.

Fabbs
12-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Most if not all inmates know why they are in prison so the admitting part becomes moot.

But do they admit it, take ownership/responsibility for it and try to better themselves while locked up? Like depicted in Flight.

Also, I dont think people in jail are going to be watching movies that aren't from a decade ago. :lol
They wouldn't have to see it to have an impact. Word travels fast.
Also could any "statement" have been made for those currently on the outside who glorify the criminal life and think it beez some badge of honor to go do time like their homies and rap retards? Pouting/sulking about how they be innocent and they be da viktims.

Also when do inmates get to see new movies. 10 years? I don't think so. 2 years.
Min security? Ok but of the group of inmates he was depicted talking to i don't remember one cracker amoung them. Didn't seem like the min security type prisoners to me. True, its a movie so who knows.

CosmicCowboy
12-26-2012, 07:34 AM
You can't get parole if you don't admit it.

The Reckoning
12-26-2012, 07:35 AM
yo CC you hiring?