PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jays acquires J.R Dickey

Reck
12-16-2012, 03:27 PM
Links to follow later..

R.A Dickey, Josh Thole for Josh Buck and some prospects.

:lol Mets
:lol sending their best ace packing after giving them something to cheer for the year prior
:lol Keeping Johan Santana over Dickey
:lol needing a bailout to further humiliate your organization

lefty (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6896) niggas getting STACKEDDDDD up in Canada. I hope you guys have enough dough to pay all those players ya being piling up. :lol

Fabbs
12-16-2012, 03:40 PM
41-50 previous 9 years.
20-6 last year with a 2.73 ERA.

Either he did some major technique adjustments or did he double his roids intake?

Chris
12-16-2012, 04:22 PM
They're going to worship Dickey in Canada :lol

Clipper Nation
12-16-2012, 04:45 PM
41-50 previous 9 years.
20-6 last year with a 2.73 ERA.

Either he did some major technique adjustments or did he double his roids intake?
He started throwing the knuckleball, no roids necessary...

:lol Faggs

AFBlue
12-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Capitalizing on one great season by getting a top-5 offensive prospect at a premium position...actually a pretty decent value for the Mets. Jays were dealing from a position of strength, so they obviously won the deal. Still, d'Arnaud is pretty damn good and close to the majors.

JamStone
12-16-2012, 05:44 PM
I don't think the Jays won the deal.

rascal
12-16-2012, 11:31 PM
He won't come anywhere close to those numbers again.

JamStone
12-17-2012, 01:44 AM
If the Mets really also get Noah Syndergaard too, then I think the Mets win the deal easily and by a lot. Former first round pick, just turned 20 years old, throws 97-100 heat, and projects as a front of the rotation starter. The deal was already good for the Mets with just D'Arnaud. If they get Syndergaard too, they made an amazing trade.

Clipper Nation
12-17-2012, 02:12 AM
He won't come anywhere close to those numbers again.

What makes you say that? Knuckleballers tend to peak starting in their late 30's and pitch really well in their early 40's, and Dickey's 38... Tim Wakefield had one of the best seasons of his career at age 38... Phil Niekro pitched well into his '40s, etc...

Here's a good case for why he won't fall off: http://www.ranyontheroyals.com/2012/12/for-want-of-pitcher-ra-dickey.html

This is an awesome move for the Jays, their rotation is going to be staaaaacked tbh...

AFBlue
12-17-2012, 07:46 AM
If the Mets really also get Noah Syndergaard too, then I think the Mets win the deal easily and by a lot. Former first round pick, just turned 20 years old, throws 97-100 heat, and projects as a front of the rotation starter. The deal was already good for the Mets with just D'Arnaud. If they get Syndergaard too, they made an amazing trade.

I think in a vacuum the Mets won this going away...maximizing value for a guy who is primed for regression and was unlikely to stay beyond next year. Having said that, the Mets had serious lineup questions before the trade and now have both serious lineup AND rotation questions after the trade. Unlike the Rays, the Mets didn't have the depth in the high minors to absorb the loss of a front-of-the-rotation guy and only get back a single ML-ready prospect in return.

lefty
12-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Links to follow later..

R.A Dickey, Josh Thole for Josh Buck and some prospects.

:lol Mets
:lol sending their best ace packing after giving them something to cheer for the year prior
:lol Keeping Johan Santana over Dickey
:lol needing a bailout to further humiliate your organization

lefty (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6896) niggas getting STACKEDDDDD up in Canada. I hope you guys have enough dough to pay all those players ya being piling up. :lol

We staaaaaacked

Rip-Hamilton32
12-18-2012, 10:41 AM
We gave up some good prospects but if you go all in you gotta go all in no exceptions and this trade proves we want to win now and its the perfect time with the yanks and sox having down years

crc21209
12-19-2012, 04:12 AM
:lol Dickey. If the Jays think that a 38-39 year old knuckle baller will have another year like he did last year, they've got another thing coming....

Clipper Nation
12-19-2012, 02:33 PM
:lol Dickey. If the Jays think that a 38-39 year old knuckle baller will have another year like he did last year, they've got another thing coming....
40+ year old knuckleballers generally have good seasons, B....