PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson..

Malik Hairston
12-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Is the MVP IMO..

I love Peyton and what he's done for the Broncos' culture, but Peterson is 290 yards away from the NFL record, and he's playing with arguably the worst starting QB in the NFL..

Will Hunting
12-16-2012, 04:01 PM
He's playing with John Skelton?

Malik Hairston
12-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Ponder is just as bad IMO..he's useless against defenses that focus entirely on Peterson, he doesn't even succeed in play-action sets either, tbh..

Trill Clinton
12-16-2012, 04:15 PM
I agree

Will Hunting
12-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Ponder is just as bad IMO..he's useless against defenses that focus entirely on Peterson, he doesn't even succeed in play-action sets either, tbh..
He's not as bad as Skelton :lol, but he's bad enough where if Minny makes the playoffs or maybe if they just go 9-7 AP deserves the MVP.

DPG21920
12-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Not to mention (even though it has no bearing on MVP or not) he's doing this coming off of a major knee injury :wow. Just an incredible season from this guy.

SpursRock20
12-16-2012, 08:53 PM
If the Vikings make the playoffs, I believe AP deserves the MVP. This Vikings team is just a year removed from a 3-13 record and their play from their QB has been abysmal. He has consistently put up great games against opposing defenses that are putting 8 in the box (sometimes 9) less than a year from a catastrophic knee injury. Manning has been very impressive and has certainly improved the Broncos passing attack, but I believe the nod goes to Peterson, he deserves it.

Creepn
12-17-2012, 02:08 PM
See now this is a team that the runningback carries.

Obstructed_View
12-17-2012, 06:11 PM
If the Vikings make the playoffs, I believe AP deserves the MVP. This Vikings team is just a year removed from a 3-13 record and their play from their QB has been abysmal. He has consistently put up great games against opposing defenses that are putting 8 in the box (sometimes 9) less than a year from a catastrophic knee injury. Manning has been very impressive and has certainly improved the Broncos passing attack, but I believe the nod goes to Peterson, he deserves it.

He's almost certainly going to break Dickerson's rushing record. Even if they lose out, he's gotta be the MVP for that and the reasons already mentioned.

SpursRock20
12-17-2012, 06:40 PM
He's almost certainly going to break Dickerson's rushing record. Even if they lose out, he's gotta be the MVP for that and the reasons already mentioned.

He's gotta average about 150 yards per game in the next two. Next week they play the Texans and the following week they got the Packers. It's not going to be easy, but I'm definitely rooting for him. That being said, I think he has better odds at breaking the record than the Vikes do at making the playoffs.

Bill_Brasky
12-17-2012, 07:40 PM
For AP to be doing what he's doing in this pass happy league coming off a serious injury like that........he's MVP.

TIMMYtoZO
12-19-2012, 12:10 PM
AP is having an amazing individual season. He came back from a huge injury and is having a special comeback year. For that, he should win Comeback Player of the Year or share it with Manning

As for MVP, it is Peyton Manning. His impact on all of his teammates say why. They all follow his lead and maintain their focus. He has changed the culture of the Broncos. His team is riding a 9 game winning streak and are in position for a bye. AP will miss the playoffs. You don't give the MVP to someone who doesn't make the playoffs. The MVP is not only about who is more important, but who also elevates the level of play from their team.

weebo
12-19-2012, 01:33 PM
I highly doubt AP will break Dickerson's single season record. Both the Texans and Packers are playoff teams that are amongst the top 15 in rush defense, 5th and 14th respectively. I'm sure both these defenses are well aware of the record and they will gear up to try and stop the run.

Creepn
12-19-2012, 01:36 PM
He'll probably get both MVP and comeback awards if he breaks the record.

SpursRock20
12-20-2012, 02:52 PM
I highly doubt AP will break Dickerson's single season record. Both the Texans and Packers are playoff teams that are amongst the top 15 in rush defense, 5th and 14th respectively. I'm sure both these defenses are well aware of the record and they will gear up to try and stop the run.

Well I just have to say that opposing defenses always gear up to stop Adrian Peterson because he is the only offensive force the Vikings have (now even more so since Harvin is gone). And the truth is, it doesn't matter. He has his highest rushing total (an NFL record) against the Bears a few seasons ago when they were no.1 in the league in rush defense. Adrian has already dismantled the Packers once this year and I can see him doing it again in Minnesota. I don't think it is a guarantee to break the record but it is well within the realm of possibility. And don't count the Vikings out just yet, if they find a way to beat the Texans this week, I like their chances against Green Bay. And if they make the playoffs, it would be almost solely because of Peterson, who would be deserving of the MVP.

Trainwreck2100
12-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Exactly he's number 1 in yards after contact so he's getting hit but not stopped

DD
12-20-2012, 11:22 PM
He'll probably get both MVP and comeback awards if he breaks the record.

Christ you're stupid.

Trainwreck2100
12-21-2012, 05:13 AM
It was great he was on the league and they were able to reuse a plot point from earlier in the season

tlongII
12-21-2012, 09:52 AM
He runs angry.

O.J. Simpson
12-21-2012, 02:53 PM
He runs like a faggot.

SpursRock20
12-21-2012, 03:27 PM
He runs like a faggot.

He runs like a murderer. Oh wait...

DD
12-21-2012, 03:40 PM
If anyone really thinks he'll win both MVP and CPY, then you are a mongoloid.

Record or not, his absolute ceiling is CPY and OMVP. He's on a team that will not make the playoffs and will be lucky to even finish over. 500. Meanwhile, you have a QB who missed an entire year, got cut, then proceeded to lead the Donks to a 13-3 (on an 11-game winning streak to boot) record.

Bane.
12-21-2012, 04:41 PM
If anyone really thinks he'll win both MVP and CPY, then you are a mongoloid.

Record or not, his absolute ceiling is CPY and OMVP. He's on a team that will not make the playoffs and will be lucky to even finish over. 500. Meanwhile, you have a QB who missed an entire year, got cut, then proceeded to lead the Donks to a 13-3 (on an 11-game winning streak to boot) record.

Not to mention running backs have a shorter career span. How many wins would the Vikings have without AP?

Bane.
12-21-2012, 04:43 PM
And :lol at anyone who thinks Peyton should be MVP. The Broncos went to the playoffs with Tim Fucking Tebow :rollin

DD
12-21-2012, 04:59 PM
AP's team won't make the playoffs, so his 2100 yards are pretty much all for naught....but yeah, lets give him the MVP as an atta-boy.

Peyton, otoh, has single-handedly shifted the balance of power in the AFC (and arguably to the AFC).

DD
12-21-2012, 05:02 PM
With the way some of you think, I'm surprised you werent clamoring for MJD to be MVP last year. Led the league in rushing despite one of the worst supporting casts in the modern era.

SpursRock20
12-21-2012, 05:27 PM
The Vikings currently own the second wild card spot, so to act as if they are already eliminated is pretty dumb. I'm not giving him the MVP right now, there is still 2 games left in the season. If he leads the Vikes to the playoffs (will be tough), he should win MVP for the aforementioned points I made. Comparing him to MJD is kind of stupid, the Jags had no shot of making the playoffs last year.

DD
12-21-2012, 05:40 PM
The Vikings currently own the second wild card spot, so to act as if they are already eliminated is pretty dumb. I'm not giving him the MVP right now, there is still 2 games left in the season. If he leads the Vikes to the playoffs (will be tough), he should win MVP for the aforementioned points I made. Comparing him to MJD is kind of stupid, the Jags had no shot of making the playoffs last year.

If you dont understand the comparison, then that's on you. The Vikings have 2 games left against brutally hard opponents, so the playoffs arent happening. So he'll go 9-7 AT BEST and miss the playoffs--zomg fucking wow! MJD had a 10x worse supposrting cast and put up great #'s. Moral of the story: Giving a League MVP award to a RB is like flushing the award down the shitter. They just dont impact the game like an elite QB does--not in today's NFL.

tlongII
12-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Actually Russell Wilson should be MVP.

DD
12-21-2012, 05:45 PM
You're 55 y/o, alone, and have orange hair and manboobs. Please forgive me if i dont take you seriously.

Bane.
12-21-2012, 06:34 PM
If you dont understand the comparison, then that's on you. The Vikings have 2 games left against brutally hard opponents, so the playoffs arent happening. So he'll go 9-7 AT BEST and miss the playoffs--zomg fucking wow! MJD had a 10x worse supposrting cast and put up great #'s. Moral of the story: Giving a League MVP award to a RB is like flushing the award down the shitter. They just dont impact the game like an elite QB does--not in today's NFL.

You're right. Minny has a decent QB right? Oh wait, they don't.

DD
12-21-2012, 06:38 PM
You're right. Minny has a decent QB right? Oh wait, they don't.

Which is exactly why they're not contenders and have zero impact on the endgame. Congrats on finally getting it, mama'd be so proud.

Bane.
12-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Which is exactly why they're not contenders and have zero impact on the endgame. Congrats on finally getting it, mama'd be so proud.

So it wasn't you that said Marshawn Lynch is carrying the Seahawks now (when he carried them to 5-11 seasons before) discrediting Wilson's impact but is now claiming RBs don't have that big of an impact on the game? Ok I got it.

DD
12-21-2012, 06:43 PM
So it wasn't you that said Marshawn Lynch is carrying the Seahawks now (when he carried them to 5-11 seasons before) discrediting Wilson's impact? Ok I got it.

Yup, and the seahawks arent contenders either. Unless of course you want to argue otherwise, then by all means...

Bane.
12-21-2012, 06:44 PM
The Vikings shouldn't even be in playoff contention WITH Peterson.

DD
12-21-2012, 06:49 PM
Ok, so this is your case for AP winning both awards (when you filter through all the bullshit): The Vikings are mediocre instead of bad!

Btw, when did Marshawn Lynch lead the Seahawks to a 5-11 record? Take your time with this one.

DD
12-21-2012, 07:02 PM
{Crickets}

{Crickets}

SpursRock20
12-21-2012, 07:35 PM
At best they will go 10-6. I'm not crowning him right now. You ever hear of the phrase, "Any Given Sunday"? On Peterson's shoulders, they can definitely make the playoffs, even if they lose 1 game out of the next two. Let's wait and see.

And based on how you define the MVP award, why not just rename it to the QB of the Year award?

DD
12-21-2012, 07:54 PM
:lolhomers are so adorable. "Any given sunday, we can do it guys!"

Let me help you out, kid, since you're obviously new to the game. First, welcome...it's always nice to see new fans. Second, as a Vikings fan, you'll learn to temper your optimism and accept disappointment.

They have to win @ a Houston team playing for HFA throughout. Loss. Then they have to play a Packers team that may be fighting for a bye if the Seahawks win this week. So get 10-6 out of your system.

As for the MVP award, the QB is the most important position in all of professional sports. Again, you'll learn these things as you become more familiar with the game.

Bill_Brasky
12-21-2012, 08:29 PM
If Peterson goes HAM and breaks the record and the Vikes end up in the playoffs, he's MVP.

SpursRock20
12-21-2012, 10:57 PM

Let me help you out, kid, since you're obviously new to the game. First, welcome...it's always nice to see new fans. Second, as a Vikings fan, you'll learn to temper your optimism and accept disappointment.

They have to win @ a Houston team playing for HFA throughout. Loss. Then they have to play a Packers team that may be fighting for a bye if the Seahawks win this week. So get 10-6 out of your system.

As for the MVP award, the QB is the most important position in all of professional sports. Again, you'll learn these things as you become more familiar with the game.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/009/684/thats-just-like-your-opinion-man[1].gif

DD
12-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Cool .gif...something else to ponder (get it?!):

We all know Peyton has a greater impact on the league than AP. What's shocking, however, is how little impact AP has over individual games. For example, he rushed for over 200 yds on 10.0 ypc and a TD against the Packers, yet the Vikings still lost by 2 scores. Against the Bucs: 120+ yds, td, horrible loss. 180 yds and 2 TDs against Seattle--2 score loss. @Bears: 100+ yds, blowout loss. Are you getting it yet?

Is he the reason they won against the Rams and some other teams? Yes, but therein lies the rub. His greatness does not carry his team to a win regularly. It's a coinflip. When Peyton's at the top of his game, you can best believe the Broncos just stomped somebody out.

Mugen
12-22-2012, 01:35 PM
If he rushes for somethin like 200+ yards w/2tds in victories against the Texans/Pack, then sign me up.

Otherwise, enjoy your Comeback Player of the Year award, AP. You deserve it.

SpursRock20
12-23-2012, 04:48 PM

Any given sunday, tbh.

DeadlyDynasty
12-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Any given sunday, tbh.
Crow eaten...congrats.

benefactor
12-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Held him under a bill and lose by three scores. Only the Texans.

DD
12-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Ponder, Rudolph, Gerhart, and the defense carried the team today. Just like they did (along with Harvin) for the first 6 weeks

Creepn
12-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Crow eaten...congrats.

Lol crow is your favorite dinner. Just sit your wanna be know it all ass down. You've been terrible.

Blizzardwizard
12-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Philip Rivers anyone? His ability to fumble the ball is unlike no other, no one can match him.

But seriously, Rivers is a great QB, and has shown it at times this year, the major reason why he has done so badly is because of the horrific o-line. We'd be superbowl bound if our O was anywhere near as good as our D. Back to the original question, no matter how much I hate the Donkeys, I think Peyton deserves MVP.

TIMMYtoZO
12-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Philip Rivers anyone? His ability to fumble the ball is unlike no other, no one can match him.

But seriously, Rivers is a great QB, and has shown it at times this year, the major reason why he has done so badly is because of the horrific o-line. We'd be superbowl bound if our O was anywhere near as good as our D. Back to the original question, no matter how much I hate the Donkeys, I think Peyton deserves MVP.

:lol Chargers fan not blaming the coach or front office for why they are so shitty.

Blizzardwizard
12-24-2012, 10:30 PM
:lol Chargers fan not blaming the coach or front office for why they are so shitty.

I genuinely forgot them! Them too, Norv is a nice guy, but a crappy HC, he's even said in the last week that he'd like to be an OC somewhere, and he hasn't even been fired yet!

SpursRock20
12-30-2012, 08:09 PM

http://thedisbrimstonedailypitchfork.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/eating_crow.jpg

Samuel Eto'o
12-30-2012, 08:16 PM
RobinLopez.gif

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-30-2012, 08:16 PM
That's pretty gross. DD's prediction was almost as shitty as It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

:lol trailer trash version of Seinfeld

DeadlyDynasty
12-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Crow eaten...congrats.

DeadlyDynasty
12-30-2012, 08:27 PM
Rodney Harrison said it right though...the Vikings will only go as far as Ponder takes them. QB is still the most valuable position

SpursRock20
12-30-2012, 08:36 PM
That's pretty gross. DD's prediction was almost as shitty as It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

:lol trailer trash version of Seinfeld

Eh, it's not for everyone.