PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Hypothetical: if Los Angeles wins the West

irishock
12-16-2012, 07:04 PM
A.Do we label them as regular season underachievers or post season overachievers?

B. Who's the MVP?

C. Would Mike Brown have led the team to the same result?

D. Would San Antonio Heat reign supreme in the Finals?

Clipper Nation
12-16-2012, 07:09 PM
If LA wins the West, as a Clipper fan, I'll be celebrating a trip to the Finals, tbh....

RobbyH
12-16-2012, 07:09 PM
If LA wins the West, as a Clipper fan, I'll be celebrating a trip to the Finals, tbh....

He tagged it Lakers dumbfuck

RobbyH
12-16-2012, 07:11 PM
A.Do we label them as regular season underachievers or post season overachievers?

B. Who's the MVP?

A. Overachievers

B. Nash

C.Yes

D.Yes

Clipper Nation
12-16-2012, 07:11 PM
He tagged it Lakers dumbfuck
Still couldn't resist, tbh :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-16-2012, 08:02 PM
A: Regular season underachievers. I don't think this team is particularly well constructed but just off of sheer talent I expected they'd at least be playing .500 ball.

B: For that kind of turnaround to happen Dwight would have to have an MVP season; singlehandedly elevate the defense from dismal to average, get his offense going including hitting his free throws. MVPs are closers.

C: No. Anyone who was in a Lakers uniform last year had quit on him and that wasn't going to change.

D: Probably not, but if this team can find a way to beat the Thunder in a 7 game series to get there sounds like anything's possible.

gee
12-16-2012, 08:33 PM
A. regular season underachievers - sure the bench is shit and the team isnt constructed great, but with a lineup of Howard Gasol Artest Bryant Nash you'd expect to drop no less than 3rd seed all season long

B. Gasol. Maybe biased because he's the only Laker who isn't a complete dickbag, but for these guys to get through the West the way tehy're playing now, they're going to need a massive showing from him. Kobe can score 30+ all he wants but that shit isn't going to get them through. Gasol's contribution would be most valuable.

C. Brown probably would have gotten a better result simply because he wouldn't have willingly castrated Gasol. D'Antoni is doing all sorts of stupid.

KaiRMD1
12-17-2012, 06:43 AM
If they win the west, somebody is tanking to get that number 8 spot

Spur_Fanatic
12-17-2012, 07:24 AM

Underachievers, since they always had it on them, they just plain suck as a team.

B. Who's the MVP?

If they win the west, considering how they are playing right now, it's because of Nash and Nash alone. Gasol and Howard can't work if no one is passing them the ball, and we all know that whatever Kobe gives, it's simply not enough anymore. If they turn this around, it's because Nash them gave them new life (and I still don't think he will anyway).

The Lakers probably would have been a little better with him. Just because the present players could work better under his system, no other reason. Mike D'Antoni system will kill Kobe, Howard and Nash before the playoffs.

No. The Thunder are doing great right now. I think we'll meet them again in the West Finals, yes; but as of today, they are superior.

Killakobe81
12-18-2012, 05:17 PM

B. Who's the MVP?

They won't ...

DD
12-18-2012, 05:23 PM
The West is so fucking lame and the Lakers have 60 games to get their act together...theyll win the West still.

DPG21920
12-18-2012, 05:24 PM
The West is so fucking lame and the Lakers have 60 games to get their act together...theyll win the West still.

Care to place a wager on that my good friend?

DD
12-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Alllllllrighty then...let's make it $500...i want my money back.

DPG21920
12-18-2012, 05:27 PM
:lol Yikes........lemme think about it. Lots of cheese and I was kind of thinking you wouldn't really want to bet...

DD
12-18-2012, 05:28 PM
And by win the west i obviously mean nba finals berth, not meaningless RS bullshit

DPG21920
12-18-2012, 05:29 PM
I'll take the bet..it's early and variables can change quickly (especially with their talent and ability to pull of swindle trades..). I am assuming we are referring to the playoffs and not the regular season..

DPG21920
12-18-2012, 05:30 PM
What I thought. We have ourselves a good ol'fashioned big bet my friend..I'll give you a shot at winning your money back.

If Lakers make it to the finals, you get $500, if not, you pay me $500.

DD
12-18-2012, 05:36 PM
What I thought. We have ourselves a good ol'fashioned big bet my friend..I'll give you a shot at winning your money back.

If Lakers make it to the finals, you get $500, if not, you pay me $500.

Dealio

Killakobe81
12-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Lakers nor Spurs winning the West ... Spurs regular season champs only nowadays Lakers are 2nd round fodder lately