PDA

View Full Version : LOL ESPN First Take

Bane.
12-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Even their own employees hate that show

When you get past your anger over the carnival barking, the race-baiting and a hockey goon named Skip Bayless who makes his living as a low-rent sports contrarian, you simply feel bad for the rank and file at ESPN.
Since the network suspended (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20121214/rob-parker-espn-suspended-robert-griffin/#ixzz2FG12GZaJ) ESPN2 First Take panelist Rob Parker on Friday after his offensive comments about Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, I've spoken to a number of current and former ESPN employees who are tired of being associated with a program they believe is beneath the network.
"The issue is that it becomes ESPN and not First Take when people weigh in," one longtime ESPN staffer said. "They don't say, 'First Take said this or that.' It's, 'ESPN said this or that.' I don't wish to be lumped in with that nonsense."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/news/20121217/deitsch-media-circus/#ixzz2FLDimSf6

Creepn
12-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Saw Hugh on the show this morning. He did not look happy to be there when they requested his presence.

UZER
12-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Parker basically calls RGIII an uncle tom on national television and Bayless gets called a race baiter?

Edit: my bad....reread the quote.

Huey Freeman
12-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Parker basically calls RGIII an uncle tom on national television and Bayless gets called a race baiter?

Skip and Stephan A have been known to bring up race alot in the show before Rob Parker's thing. I dont know if that makes Skip a race baiter. I personally have no problem with the show. Its probably going to be taken off the air soon tho. I dont even have a problem with what Rob Parker said tbh. Only problem I have is he stated it in public. Shit he said is something you talk about behind closed doors.

DMC
12-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Just par per etc for a dumb monkey to think saying "just my personal opinion" as if anything he's ever said on there is taken any other way, and as if that is somehow a legal disclaimer that prevents ESPN from firing his ass. I see no reason to ever, ever ever (ever) discuss race on a sports talk show. It has no place, even if the athletes talk about it it's not part of the game.

DMC
12-17-2012, 06:54 PM

Skip went right in. "What about the braids?" Good thing Parker didn't use the N word else Skip might have broken out into plantation talk.

Huey Freeman
12-17-2012, 06:59 PM
Just par per etc for a dumb monkey to think saying "just my personal opinion" as if anything he's ever said on there is taken any other way, and as if that is somehow a legal disclaimer that prevents ESPN from firing his ass. I see no reason to ever, ever ever (ever) discuss race on a sports talk show. It has no place, even if the athletes talk about it it's not part of the game.

Except your little monkey comment, I agree with everything else you said. Nobody wants to go a sports show to listen to fucking social issues.

DMC
12-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Except your little monkey comment, I agree with everything else you said. Nobody wants to go a sports show to listen to fucking social issues.lol monkey ass monkey.

Avante
12-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Great show, that and....The Herd.

Love it when they tell it like it really is.

InRareForm
12-18-2012, 12:34 AM
The Herd sucks

Avante
12-18-2012, 12:40 AM
The Herd sucks

Why's that?

Spurs da champs
12-18-2012, 12:47 AM
They do race bait a lot, it reminds me of MSNBC, other then that it's an entertaining show.

Clipper Nation
12-18-2012, 12:50 AM

Skip is a known racist and bigot himself.... made his career off fabricated Troy Aikman gay rumors in Dallas, and he's said some racist shit about Blake Griffin before on First Take...

Avante
12-18-2012, 02:00 AM
When talking football and basketball, race is going to come up. Hell, we have HBCU schools. People aren't blind they see the differences.

crc21209
12-19-2012, 04:18 AM
I'm fine with Skip Bayless at times, but I can't stand Stephen A. How the hell and why the hell did this guy get re-hired by ESPN? He was fired once for a reason...

jermaine
12-19-2012, 11:12 PM
I watched that show an Rob was keeping it real. Fuck that uncle tom ass nigga rg3. Its bitch niggas like him an that faggot Kitten Woods I like to see get caught up fucking with white women. He go to his all white party with his all white friends, not knowing they still call his ass a ****** (not nigga) behind his sellout ass back. Hell I respect white that voice they dont like niggas (if its said to their face. Otherwise your a coward). Its nuttin wrong it at all. Its stupid but its their choice. Same goes blacks who hate whites or any other race. Its all stupid. But self hate like this uncle tom ass ****** rg3 is just sad!

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-19-2012, 11:46 PM
:lmao

ErnestLynch
12-20-2012, 03:49 PM
I laugh at racists claiming to be victims of racists. It always funny.