PDA

View Full Version : Pelicans: Should the Pelicans take legal action against Eric Gordon for faking his injury?

BRHornet45
12-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Sons should the Pelicans take legal action against Gordon once it is proven he has been lying about his injury status and would they have a legit case? Now we all know this pussy gets hurt all the time, but he has been medically cleared to play for a couple of months now and Monty Williams has even called him out about it yet he says he still can't play. Gordon has some mystery "doctor" in Chicago somewhere who is apparently saying he can't play, but has been cleared to play by every other legit doctor who has looked at him. Its also funny how no one knows what the exact injury is either.

I guarantee you if this scumbag got traded tomorrow then he would be magically healed and on the court within a week. Surely there are ways that teams can be financially protected by these types of scams?

Bane.
12-17-2012, 05:19 PM
[Muffled] No. It would be hypocrisy since playing for New Orleans should already be a crime.

FkLA
12-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Yeah, sue his ass and his doctor too. Either that or have someone go Tonya Harding on his ass so he has a legit reason to sit out.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-17-2012, 05:27 PM
I'll get called a butthurt Suns fan for this and I don't care (especially since having Gordon and that contract would suck), but New Orleans only has themselves to blame. They decided to match the contract on a player who they knew was an injury faker and made it obvious he didn't wanna play in New Orleans. The only action they could take is voiding his contract, which wouldn't make sense when they had that option 5 months ago.

DPG21920
12-17-2012, 05:35 PM
I'll get called a butthurt Suns fan for this and I don't care (especially since having Gordon and that contract would suck), but New Orleans only has themselves to blame. They decided to match the contract on a player who they knew was an injury faker and made it obvious he didn't wanna play in New Orleans. The only action they could take is voiding his contract, which wouldn't make sense when they had that option 5 months ago.

No joke, Dragic/Gordon would be a damn solid tandem. If Gordon was a) in a place he wanted to play (which the Suns definitely qualify) & b) had the medical staff PHX does to take care of him, IMO that would have been a win/win. Now, I am not sure how long that would have lasted since Gordon is an emo tool, but for the short term, I think he would have thrived there.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-17-2012, 05:38 PM
No joke, Dragic/Gordon would be a damn solid tandem. If Gordon was a) in a place he wanted to play (which the Suns definitely qualify) & b) had the medical staff PHX does to take care of him, IMO that would have been a win/win. Now, I am not sure how long that would have lasted since Gordon is an emo tool, but for the short term, I think he would have thrived there.

I think he would have too, but the Suns are so bad I'm not sure if having Gordon would have changed much, other than taken away the possibility of a top 3 pick.

ElNono
12-17-2012, 05:42 PM
If anything, it's the insurance company that's paying his salary right now the one that should sue...

DPG21920
12-17-2012, 05:50 PM
I think he would have too, but the Suns are so bad I'm not sure if having Gordon would have changed much, other than taken away the possibility of a top 3 pick.

For sure - not saying it would have been the brightest move to sign him all things considered, just that he would probably have done well on the Suns compared to The Pelicans. But N.O. really has no one to blame but themselves. I get they didn't want to lose an asset for nothing, but they might of overplayed their hand. Still have to believe their intent was to sign him, then trade him making his contract not a huge issue. I still feel they can move him at worst for a solid draft pick + young player + expirings (although the market may be pretty slim due to injury concerns).

Koolaid_Man
12-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Sons should the Pelicans take legal action against Gordon once it is proven he has been lying about his injury status and would they have a legit case? Now we all know this pussy gets hurt all the time, but he has been medically cleared to play for a couple of months now and Monty Williams has even called him out about it yet he says he still can't play. Gordon has some mystery "doctor" in Chicago somewhere who is apparently saying he can't play, but has been cleared to play by every other legit doctor who has looked at him. Its also funny how no one knows what the exact injury is either.

I guarantee you if this scumbag got traded tomorrow then he would be magically healed and on the court within a week. Surely there are ways that teams can be financially protected by these types of scams?

This shit serves you well Butt Pirate Pelican...it serves you well :lol

Pelicans78
12-17-2012, 05:55 PM
They won't get much for China Doll at all unless he comes back and produces this season. Supposedly he will be back before the new year. I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't blame Demps for matching. He probably should have traded him before Gordon signed that deal with the Suns, but I bet he didn't think Gordon would get that max offer. Only the Suns offered it to him. He went everywhere look for a max, including Indy and Houston, but no one wanted to give him a max until Phoenix.

Koolaid_Man
12-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Children of all races always respond well to President Obama. How children act around a stranger tells you as much about the stranger as about the children themselves. I love how comfortable little children are with our president. He is such a good man, and if we aren't, WE SHOULD BE so proud to have a person like him as our president.

What a precious picture..It goes to show that racists aren't born they are bred....Stop the madness folks

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Obamakids.jpg

jeebus
12-29-2012, 05:44 PM

Good to see the Mosquito's Team Leader back up to full strength after faithfully battling injury all season. Great fuckin warri:cryr

whitemamba
12-29-2012, 06:06 PM
how do u fake an injury?

Koolaid_Man
12-29-2012, 06:13 PM
how do u fake an injury?

Do you not remember Le_Elbow...

let me refresh your memory :lol faking an injury was clearly his precursor for leaving the Cavs....:lol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/390315-lebron-james-phantom-elbow-injury

whitemamba
12-29-2012, 06:16 PM
Do you not remember Le_Elbow...

let me refresh your memory :lol faking an injury was clearly his precursor for leaving the Cavs....:lol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/390315-lebron-james-phantom-elbow-injury

or this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysT8RA6JQks :lol

but you cant fake an injury to a medical staff if they examine you and there is nothing, not much can be said..

lefty
12-29-2012, 07:45 PM
how do u fake an injury?
The same way BRhornet fakes his blackness

By just sitting around

Latarian Milton
12-29-2012, 07:47 PM
hope nigga's contract is insured and if so, the majority of his salary would be paid by insurance company. nigga's salary still counts against pelicans' cap room but it's not like they're gonna land a big name anytime soon nor will they touch the luxury tax threshold due to his contract. i guess if he doesn't play for two entire seasons then the league would probably force an early retirement of him like how they did big shitty a couple years ago. apparently the fans and media came to know the news of his retirement before yao heard it himself, and he was "shocked" upon hearing the news of his retirement. only difference is the 7'6 shit was truly injured while the wimp feigned all these "injuries"

BRHornet45
12-29-2012, 09:00 PM
4 of 11
8 Freebies
16 points

in the 4th quarter of his return. cross your fingers he doesn't stub his toe

fevertrees
12-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Cornerstone is back and did a legendary comeback performance to help the Pelicans overcome a 17 point deficit against the deadly Bobcats! http://www.torrentech.org/style_emoticons/default/bow.gif

fevertrees
12-29-2012, 09:21 PM
2 turnovers and a missed freethrow in the final minute for him. :lol:

Killakobe81
12-29-2012, 09:23 PM
2 turnovers and a missed freethrow in the final minute for him. :lol:

Obviously he is rusty but that was oj mayoesque

fevertrees
12-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Cornerstone bringing the Durant/Harden whistles with him. 14 FTAs for the game

BRHornet45
12-29-2012, 09:28 PM
38% shooting and turned the ball over twice in crucial moments, but was bailed out by the 14 freebies.

Clipper Nation
12-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Wimp no more... Cornerstone is BACK bitches!!! :worthy:

fevertrees
12-29-2012, 09:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81YbAODWq-0

mavs>spurs
12-29-2012, 09:45 PM
[Muffled] No. It would be hypocrisy since playing for New Orleans should already be a crime.
sup mono

rayjayjohnson
12-29-2012, 10:30 PM

Good to see the Mosquito's Team Leader back up to full strength after faithfully battling injury all season. Great fuckin warri:cryr
lol

Pelicans78
12-29-2012, 10:49 PM
Gordon was the biggest reason the team won. He opened up the floor for everyone else. He had 7 assists, routinely broke down the defense and scored 23 in his first game back in ages. Very impressive. Anyone questioning his performance tonight should stop posting.

blkroadrunners
12-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Not a bad outing coming off the bench in under 30 minutes for Gordon.

Mori Chu
12-30-2012, 01:04 AM
I don't think Eric Gordon faked his injury. NBA players want to play. Gordon would have been on the court if he felt right. If a guy doesn't think he is ready to go, they should not rush him or give him shit about it. If anything, too many guys have rushed back too early and aggravated or re-injured themselves (e.g. Brandon Roy, Grant Hill, Penny Hardaway, Stephen Curry, and so on). The free agency for Gordon didn't go so well, but there is no way he is just sitting out and faking an injury to spite the team. Now that he's back, if he can stay healthy, he'll be a big contributor for them.

A lot of Suns fans think we dodged a bullet by Pelicans matching Gordon. But I would sure as hell rather have him than Michael fookin Beasley and Shannon Brown.

fevertrees
12-30-2012, 01:50 AM
one game down, 10 more to go for him to meet his season quota

FYM
12-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Gordon doin' work

Mel_13
01-08-2013, 02:01 PM
6-24 without Gordon

3-1 with Gordon

JohnnyMax
01-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Gordon draws defenders away and opens floor for scrubs like Austin Rivers

DPG21920
01-08-2013, 02:41 PM
:lol BR

HI-FI
01-08-2013, 04:44 PM
the Heart and Soul of the Pelicans doing what he do.....tbh.

Mel_13
01-15-2013, 09:16 PM
6-24 without Gordon

3-1 with Gordon

Now 6-2 with Gordon.

Could catch the Lakers at this rate.

Clipper Nation
01-15-2013, 09:24 PM
I was right about det Cornerstone, tbh :hat

Leetonidas
01-15-2013, 09:25 PM
He'll be injured again within the next 10 games or so

DPG21920
01-16-2013, 12:28 AM
Is Greivis Vasquez legit or this year's version of Jeremy Lin?

Look at these numbers over the last month:

MPG: 36

FG: 48%

FT: 77%

3's: 1.5

PTS: 17

REB: 5

AST: 9.9

STL: 1

TO: 3.4

BRHornet45
01-16-2013, 12:39 AM

he deserves most improved player award this year

fevertrees
01-16-2013, 12:59 AM

dude been lights out lately and funny how ESPN ignores it cause he part of a small market welfare team. second best PG in the West right now

Pelicans78
01-16-2013, 08:36 AM
Vasquez's game stepped up big time when cornerstone came back. Took alot less pressure off of him and he's getting alot of open looks and free lanes to create. Plus it helps not having Austin Rivers play next to you for the majority of the game. I'm stunned how well Vasquez has been playing this month. His defense is still a liability, but his offense is making up for it.

Chinook
01-16-2013, 08:40 AM
If they can get a player like Tony Allen in the off-season, I think that starting lineup would be pretty complete. They just need to grow.

NRHector
01-16-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm suing the Pelicans becuase I want to see Eric Gordon play, he's faking his injuries and the Pelicans org. knows about it and they are not doing anything about it