PDA

View Full Version : Trading Neal and Diaw?

Boomersgold
12-17-2012, 10:45 PM
What's the best that we can get in return if we offered up a package of Gary Neal and Boris Diaw? Boris Diaw is simply too passive, and his defense isn't that spectacular either. Trading someone who doesn't provide on offense or defense seems like a good idea.

racm
12-17-2012, 10:46 PM
There's no one out there making 5 million a year who could make a noticeable difference. Unless we run for Luke Walt:loln

Paranoid Pop
12-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Danny Green. Nobody wants Boris except maybe D'Antoni btw.

Boomersgold
12-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Ersan Ilyasova and/or Luc Mbah-moute from the Bucks?

objective
12-17-2012, 10:59 PM
I could be wrong, but Boris Diaw might have the right to veto a trade (http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q97).

There are two additional circumstances in which a trade requires the player's consent:

When the player is playing under a one-year contract (excluding any option year) and will have Larry Bird or Early Bird rights at the end of the season. This includes first round draft picks following their fourth (option) season, who accept their team's qualifying offer for their fifth season. When the player consents to such a trade, his Larry Bird/Early Bird rights are not traded with him. The player becomes a Non-Bird free agent instead2.

Next year for Diaw is a player option. So I guess that means that at the end of this season he could have early Bird rights and the option to decline a trade like has happened occasionally.

Again, I could be reading it wrong.

Russo21
12-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Ersan Ilyasova and/or Luc Mbah-moute from the Bucks?

Prefer to replace Ersan for Dalambert. Don't care too much for Diaw Neal or Green, wouldn't be missed in my oppinion.

But if we could get Dalambert and or Mbah-Moute while only getting rid of those guys i'd feel much much better about our title chances. Defense would skyrocket from where its at now.

objective
12-17-2012, 11:14 PM
ESPN has Mills listed as having the ability to deny a trade due to the same circumstances, but not Diaw. Both signed 1+1 deals with a player option, so I'm not sure why Mills is on the trade machine with veto power but not Diaw.

Supposedly, the Wizards are willing to trade Trevor Booker (who's hurt right now) for a veteran point guard. Booker's an unremarkable, undersized PF, but Mills might not really have a place on this team if he hasn't been able to claim the back-up point spot for himself yet.

Splits
12-17-2012, 11:21 PM
Add Jackson and you can get Pau, not that the Spurs would ever do that trade...

Boomersgold
12-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Prefer to replace Ersan for Dalambert. Don't care too much for Diaw Neal or Green, wouldn't be missed in my oppinion.

But if we could get Dalambert and or Mbah-Moute while only getting rid of those guys i'd feel much much better about our title chances. Defense would skyrocket from where its at now.

Does anyone know what Ersan's salary is?

Russo21
12-17-2012, 11:25 PM
Bout 8 million :wow

timvp
12-17-2012, 11:28 PM
I can't imagine Diaw has any value right now with the way he has played as of late.

Neal is tougher to call. He has some value but it's difficult to say how much. A team would probably have to view him as a starter to give the Spurs anything of note.

Paranoid Pop
12-17-2012, 11:36 PM
Danny Green + pick will get you something.

Brunodf
12-18-2012, 12:08 AM
Add Jackson and you can get Pau, not that the Spurs would ever do that trade...

:lol the most overpayed player in the league, no thanks. But D.West would be good...