PDA

View Full Version : Big man trade targets?..

Malik Hairston
12-18-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm interested in discussing realistic trade targets for a #3/#4 big, rather than an All-Star such as Smith/Varejao/Millsap, etc..a consistent Splitter is a better #2 big than half of the teams in the NBA possess, tbh..

I'm looking for targets that have either been shopped around by their teams, or are available for potential trades(if it makes sense for both teams)..

- Jason Maxiell..he's only 6'7 or so, but it appears that he still has some game left, despite declining athleticism..his offense is poor, but he's still a solid defensive player and acceptable rebounder..also, if the Lakers fix their issues at some point, Maxiell has always had a good history against Dwight Howard..

Drummond's minutes have increased, they'll probably give some minutes to Austin Daye as the season progresses, Maxiell could be acquired if the Spurs were interested IMO..

- Sam Dalembert..low IQ and has not shown any improvement in his game, but when he's focused and playing at peak form, he's a good team defender that can block shots..he's not a Pop type of player, but I'd be interested in seeing him under the tutelage of Pop and Duncan..

Dalembert reportedly requested a trade earlier in the season..the Bucks are going to be a major player at the trade deadline, as they are shopping Jennings and Ellis(among other players), the Spurs could potentially play the role of the 3rd team..

- Jason Thompson..he's on a bad contract, so this is a stretch, but still intriguing..he isn't a notable defender, but he's a quality offensive player that attacks in various forms, along with being an acceptable rebounder..he would be an elite 3rd big IMO..

Again, probably unrealistic due to his contract, but it would be a nice addition..

- Trevor Booker..he hasn't played much this season, but he's 24 and was the Wizards most consistent player last year..he isn't spectacular at any particular facet of the game, but he's a hard worker that produces consistently..

The Wizards are shopping him for a PG, as it doesn't appear that Wall is going to return on time..

Are any of these options realistic and/or intriguing to Spurs fans?..

FkLA
12-18-2012, 01:17 AM
What is Darko up to these days? Maybe I havent learned my lesson since I expected the Spurs to be able to turn Diaw around, but I still think Darko can be a solid big in the right situation. Dude had some nice moments in Minny especially against the Spurs. Darko on the Spurs being coddled and mentored by Pop and Duncan has always seemed like a low risk high reward gamble tbh.

TimDunkem
12-18-2012, 01:22 AM
What is Darko up to these days? Maybe I havent learned my lesson since I expected the Spurs to be able to turn Diaw around, but I still think Darko can be a solid big in the right situation. Dude had some nice moments in Minny especially against the Spurs. Darko on the Spurs being coddled and mentored by Pop and Duncan has always seemed like a low risk high reward gamble tbh.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/darko-milicic-currently-nba-hiatus-attend-family-reminds-212809457--nba.html

racm
12-18-2012, 01:32 AM
Any of the Bucks' long forward-centers are worth a look.

LittleCriminal
12-18-2012, 01:34 AM
"Szkorhetz" brought up Anthony Randolph out of Denver to me earlier. He should also be on this list...
C. Brewer is also eligible to be traded... would be sweet to somehow obtain both!

Malik Hairston
12-18-2012, 04:53 AM

I'm not a huge fan of Mbah a Moute, tbh, I've always found that type of player to be overrated..the only other guy that would interest me is Larry Sanders, but I doubt they would trade him to the Spurs for a shitty package..

objective
12-18-2012, 05:12 AM
I've posted in other threads that Mills straight up for Booker works salary-wise, as long as Mills consents to the trade.

Dalembert makes 6.7 million, hard to match that money without including Jackson. Don't know if Dalembert is worth the hassle.

Would Petrie even want to get rid of Thompson? He gave him that contract, he might think he's too great to give up on.

LittleCriminal
12-18-2012, 06:58 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1414188-5-rudy-gay-trade-offers-the-memphis-grizzlies-would-listen-to/page/5

Rudy Gay for Leonard,Jackson and Splitter?? lol

I accidentally posted this In the wrong thread.. sorry.

Russo21
12-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Dalambert and Larry Sanders are two bigs i'd love the F/O to go after.

Dalambert 8pts 8reb 2 blocks defensive minded kinda guy.
Sanders 8pts 7reb 3 blocks defensive minded kinda guy

Both are real true bigs standing 6'11. None of this tweener Diaw Blair Bonner 'bigs' They each could be instant interior help. Energetic, skying for rebounds and swatting shits, those two mofo's could be what we have been missing all along.

Shitheads like Ibaka wouldnt be able to score the way he has been against the spurs with those two boys backing up duncan and splitter.

Duncan
Splitter
Dalambert
Sanders

Now thats a 4 man big rotation to be envious of. Backed up by Bonner and Diaw if we need floor stretchers out there. Pretty formiddable frontline monster headed by Duncan.

Then we have

Leonard
Luc-Richard

Super lengthy defensive dudes at the 3. Teams would have troubles going against that lineup.

Milwauke lose talent, but will gain nearly 12 million dollars to be taken off the books at years end. If they're in tank mode they may do it. Tank Milwauke Tank. And tank through a trade with the spurs. You owe us for giving us Richard freakin Jefferson.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=auj5c4d

Russo21
12-18-2012, 07:17 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=auj5c4d

This if the Bucks want to go super shithouse and fully into tank mode.

spursnatic
12-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Not only that but they have been one of our Biggest trade partners in the last few years..I would love to have Dalembert

Captivus
12-18-2012, 08:23 AM
Sanders is awesome. He is averaging 3 Blocks, just like Ibaka. In fact in 48M he is at 6.09 when Ibaka is at 4.59...
Ive following him a lot, since i have him in my Fantasy League.
At 6'11 , 24 years old, 235 lbs...wow...that would be very nice.
He does get in foul trouble, but hey, that comes with the job.

therealtruth
12-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Not only that but they have been one of our Biggest trade partners in the last few years..I would love to have Dalembert

The last time the Spurs traded with the Bucks it didn't turn out so well. Maybe we can get Beno back.

exstatic
12-18-2012, 09:21 AM

Minnesota could't get rid of him quick enough. The entire coaching staff and front office just wanted to get RID of him.

Bad dude.

exstatic
12-18-2012, 09:35 AM
I'd like Ed Davis if Toronto decides to burn it down.

Malik Hairston
12-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Davis is finally showing flashes of potential since Bargnani went out, they won't move him..

Amir Johnson would be nice, though..

exstatic
12-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Davis is finally showing flashes of potential since Bargnani went out, they won't move him..

Amir Johnson would be nice, though..

Their team is in the toilet, and as a lottery pick, he's a disappointment for them at 7p/6r. If we're willing to take a bad contract, we may make a deal. Bargnani WILL return, and then Davis turns back into a spare part.

TD 21
12-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Most of the ones I'm about to name have been discussed ad nauseam, but I'll list them anyway for the purposes of this thread . . .

- Patterson. Why/What he could be had for: The Rockets have five young PF's, who's range in upside doesn't appear to be vast. Given their lack of depth at guard, Neal would have to be intriguing for them. Blair would have to be added to make it work financially.

- Udoh. Why/What he could be had for: The Bucks have two young bigs, who are similar, but have a higher upside. I don't really see a fit here, but something like Neal, Blair and Joseph could work. I wouldn't do it, though.

- Williams. Why/What he could be had for: Even when Love was out, he was struggling to carve out a spot in the rotation. Given the fact that they're dead last in 3-pt shooting % and how weak they are at SG, Neal should be of interest. Bonner would have to be added to make it work.

- Camby. Why/What he could be had for: The rare times he's been healthy, he has not been in their rotation and this is without Stoudemire having played a game yet. Plus, they have a bloated payroll for the foreseeable future. Bonner's non guaranteed contract for next season should be of interest, but it would likely take a decent asset (Joseph?) to close the deal.

- Davis. Why/What he could be had for: He probably doesn't fit into the Magic's long term plans and short term, he's helping them overachieve and mess up their draft position. They need a PG prospect, so Joseph would probably be of interest. Blair and Bonner would have to be added for it to work, but the Spurs may have to throw in a 1st (while getting a 2nd back).

- Allen. Why/What he could be had for: He's struggled and they're supposedly searching for a big. Plus, they could use a backup PG. Neal fits that bill. Either Blair/Joseph or Bonner would have to be added. I wouldn't give up Neal alone, though.

- Johnson. Why/What he could be had for: Davis has outplayed him and it doesn't make sense for a bad team, that has little to no financial flexibility after this season, to have such a pricey fourth big. Calderon is on his way out, so Joseph makes sense, while Bonner and Blair would merely be filler to make it work. It would probably take a third team though, since the Raptors don't have the roster space to absorb two extra players.

TDMVPDPOY
12-18-2012, 02:55 PM
eddy curry is available for the minimum...why go out make a trade

Seventyniner
12-18-2012, 04:23 PM
TD21
Please include first names next time. I figured out who you were talking about eventually, but there are too many Williams/Davis/Johnson/Allen names in the league to keep straight.

cd021
12-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Denver has a plethora of bigs they got rid of two in the offseason and still have 5 of them.

Mosgov- solid shooting touch,fairly athletic, and a legit 7 footer.
Koufous-has a pretty good jumper and big body to throw around.

cd021
12-18-2012, 04:52 PM
eddy curry is available for the minimum...why go out make a trade

I believe Blair's contract is not fully guaranteed it wouldn't be ideal given his past production, but he can be waived, i believe.

Mel_13
12-18-2012, 05:07 PM
I believe Blair's contract is not fully guaranteed it wouldn't be ideal given his past production, but he can be waived, i believe.

Blair's contract became fully guaranteed on Nov 1, 2012.

Mouse over the player's name to see the details of the contract:

http://data.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/spurs.jsp

LittleCriminal
12-18-2012, 05:29 PM
- Davis. Why/What he could be had for: He probably doesn't fit into the Magic's long term plans and short term, he's helping them overachieve and mess up their draft position. They need a PG prospect, so Joseph would probably be of interest. Blair and Bonner would have to be added for it to work, but the Spurs may have to throw in a 1st (while getting a 2nd back).

I see you picked Davis and that's cool... but I why not go after N. Vucevic?
Any Thoughts on him?

Mel_13
12-18-2012, 05:33 PM
I see you picked Davis and that's cool... but I why not go after N. Vucevic?
Any Thoughts on him?

He's a good young player on a cheap rookie contract. The sort of player, like Leonard, that teams value highly and are reluctant to trade.

LittleCriminal
12-18-2012, 05:47 PM
He's a good young player on a cheap rookie contract. The sort of player, like Leonard, that teams value highly and are reluctant to trade.

Thanks for the Info Mel.. I was not aware of this guy up until recently. Dude Looks pretty solid IMO.

outmap
12-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Ed Davis or Aaron Gray of Toronto. They already have Amir, Jonas, and Bargnani, losing one of those two won't be a problem for them specially if Blair would be included in the package.
Blair, Mills, and a first round pick for Ed Davis and a 2nd round.

Chomag
12-18-2012, 08:40 PM
What about Derral Aurther, would he be realistically obtainable? I thought I remember reading earlier this season that The Grizz would be shoping him.

Would love to get Sanders though, but I think the Bucks would want something better then the Spurs can give for him.

BackHome
12-18-2012, 09:09 PM
I am just glad we are talking about the need to do a trade for a big man. OK kicked our butts up and down regarding rebounds I think Serge had as many rebounds as our entire freakin team...SAD..

FkLA
12-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Minnesota could't get rid of him quick enough. The entire coaching staff and front office just wanted to get RID of him.

Bad dude.

Wasnt it more about trying to get rid of his contract so that they could sign Batum? I didnt hear anything about any locker room problems tbh. Thats something we wouldnt have to deal with since he could probably be had for cheap, probably for the minimum even.

cd021
12-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Blair's contract became fully guaranteed on Nov 1, 2012.

Mouse over the player's name to see the details of the contract:

http://data.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/spurs.jsp

I stand corrected.