PDA

View Full Version : I am Adam Lanza's Mother

DarrinS
12-18-2012, 02:47 PM
http://thebluereview.org/i-am-adam-lanzas-mother/

cantthinkofanything
12-18-2012, 02:49 PM
??? I thought she was the first person he murdered. Fucking media wrong again!

coyotes_geek
12-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Thanks for posting Darrin. Good, yet scary and disturbing, read.

Drachen
12-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Dude, they were saying it was his brother in hoboken at first. Imagine sitting at home eating some cheesy poofs watching the news and all of a sudden, every news outlet is calling you a mass murderer.

Edit: Ok I just read this. My wife was telling me about this yesterday.

Yeah, this is actually my life with my 15 year old step-daughter. She hasn't pulled a knife... yet (if she does, I am kicking her out, she can go live with the in-laws), and she isn't that smart (she isn't totally stupid, but isn't as smart as the article describes that kid), but if you ask her to do anything ANYTHING, it is an argument. "Tie your shoes" .... well, I just lost 2 hours of my life. "Please bring your backpack up to your room" ..... that is 1.5 hours, at least. I have often thought that I am going to get killed in my sleep. Not caused by anything specific, but just a general feeling. Luckily I am a light sleeper. Just so yall are aware though, she has three different head doctors so yeah, we are trying to get her help.

Oh, Gee!!
12-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Have a cousin like that. Dude's in his 30's and won't work, take his meds, and sponges off my grandma. Would like to beat the crap out of him tbh.

LnGrrrR
12-18-2012, 03:00 PM
It's really hard to say what to do with people like this. I mean, in less advanced times, a potential psychopath would probably have just weeded himself out, or gone on to conquer a few empires. Now though? What can we really do?

mrsmaalox
12-18-2012, 03:16 PM
It's really hard to say what to do with people like this. I mean, in less advanced times, a potential psychopath would probably have just weeded himself out, or gone on to conquer a few empires. Now though? What can we really do?

Well for starters, we can be responsible gun owners and keep weapons out of their hands. Everyone is fixated on the fact that the guns were legal and registered to his mother (talking about Lanza's mom here). But what about her personal responsibility? Don't get me wrong, I have great sympathy for those who deal with family members with mental illness, but the fact remains that she KNEW her son was mentally ill and she chose to keep those weapons in her home and apparently not very well secured. Why is it up to society to worry about her kid when she didn't do everything in her own power to protect him and others?

vy65
12-18-2012, 03:24 PM
1. Don't have kids.
2. If they're psychotic like this, fucking lock them up. Coddling them with shrinks and medication doesn't do shit.

vy65
12-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Also, since when is being an angry teenager a mental illness?

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 03:26 PM
A big common denominator seems to be a dad who bailed and a mom who's totally clueless (and yes, I'd say a mom who leaves knives within reach of her mentally ill kid and thinks the school social worker is someone to go to for advice is clueless). There's only so much society can do about kids having major problems with parents who won't deal with it.

How many mental health professionals has this woman taken her son to? Does she really think the social worker at a school who probably makes 25-30k a year is the person to go to for advice on a kid who's got a complicated cognitive disorder people with PHDs struggle to understand? There are countless things in that article that demonstrate horrible parenting (like having a confrontation with your kid over the fuckin color of his pants).

vy65
12-18-2012, 03:27 PM
lol Woo Bum-Kon

vy65
12-18-2012, 03:28 PM
A big common denominator seems to be a dad who bailed and a mom who's totally clueless (and yes, I'd say a mom who leaves knives within reach of her mentally ill kid and thinks the school social worker is someone to go to for advice is clueless). There's only so much society can do about kids having major problems with parents who won't deal with it.

How many mental health professionals has this woman taken her son to? Does she really think the social worker at a school who probably makes 25-30k a year is the person to go to for advice on a kid who's got a complicated cognitive disorder people with PHDs struggle to understand? There are countless things in that article that demonstrate horrible parenting (like having a confrontation with your kid over the fuckin color of his pants).

lol freelance author, musician and classicist single parent with 4 fucking kids

Drachen
12-18-2012, 03:31 PM

So... don't teach the kid that following rules is a necessary thing?

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 03:31 PM
lol freelance author, musician and classicist single parent with 4 fucking kids

:lmao

:cryMy son forced me to go out and get a real job:cry
:cryWho knew having kids meant higher healthcare costs:cry
:cryI'm such a victim, I liked being able to have jobs similar to what a liberal arts major in her junior year has:cry

vy65
12-18-2012, 03:33 PM
lol I'd wanna kill myself and my mom is she was some ugly shitty hipster too

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 03:35 PM
So... don't teach the kid that following rules is a necessary thing?

No, have some sense on when to pick your battles. Parenting 101.

vy65
12-18-2012, 03:39 PM
What a stupid bitch. Instead of realizing that she's a shitty parent for raising a kid who obviously needs discipline without a dad - she refuses to accept responsibility by saying her son is :cry mentally ill :cry

mrsmaalox
12-18-2012, 03:49 PM
What a stupid bitch. Instead of realizing that she's a shitty parent for raising a kid who obviously needs discipline without a dad - she refuses to accept responsibility by saying her son is :cry mentally ill :cry

That's not really fair. It's easy to blame every kids' missteps on lack of discipline, but mental illness really does exist and affects all ages. But when your kid is diagnosed by professionals as having a mental illness, you don't just throw up your hands and surrender. Your greatest responsibility begins when your kid is born and only increases as they grow and you keep them safe and protect others from them if necessary.

vy65
12-18-2012, 03:58 PM
That's not really fair. It's easy to blame every kids' missteps on lack of discipline, but mental illness really does exist and affects all ages. But when your kid is diagnosed by professionals as having a mental illness, you don't just throw up your hands and surrender. Your greatest responsibility begins when your kid is born and only increases as they grow and you keep them safe and protect others from them if necessary.

I'd question which professionals she's taken him to -- which was DOK's point. But that's besides the point - why is being an angry teenager a mental illness? The kid doesn't have downs-syndrome. He can function and does function fine -- for most of the time according to the mom. He has violent outbursts. That's not mental illness, that's being a 13 year old boy.

And even assuming that the kid is mentally ill, the mom's responsibility is to take care of the kid. That might mean giving him up for foster care if her gig playing the guitar and writing a blog and caring for three other kids doesn't work out.

She's making excuses for herself. Which is pure, unbridled bullshit.

Drachen
12-18-2012, 04:03 PM
No, have some sense on when to pick your battles. Parenting 101.

I'll respond to this when I am back at a keyboard. I don't feel like doing it on my cell phone (I am coincidentally at a Dr. appt for my step daughter).

CosmicCowboy
12-18-2012, 04:04 PM
I have a nephew that had a child and from day one my wife and I knew there was "something wrong" with him. he was a "happy baby" but he clearly wasn't developing normally. By the time he was a year old it was obvious something was really wrong. There was clearly a mental issue that was being ignored. My parents were basically supporting the kid and his new family. I finally couldn't stand it and said something to my parents and basically demanded that we all broach the subject with the parents...by then he was 18 months old and still crawling and not talking...The parents (druggies too) were just ignoring it...they actually admitted they realized he was a little "slow' but didn't want to get him help (tons of free help available...we even found the programs for them) because "then he wouldn't be able to get in the military when he grew up". WTF???? FINALLY I forced my parents to threaten to cut them off if they didn't get the boy help...with therapy, counseling etc. he has been able to somewhat mainstream but was still wearing diapers at 5 years old and at ten probably has the mental capacity of a 5 or 6 year old. The parents would have totally ignored the problem if we hadn't forced the issue.

DarrinS
12-18-2012, 04:08 PM
For those blaming the behavior on bad parenting skills, how do you explain one or more good kids that are siblings to the bad one?

Wild Cobra
12-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Wow...

My younger daughter was still crawling past the point she should be walking. Had her checked out, and turned she had a thyroid imbalance. This was simple compared to other issues. I never understood how it was missed. She was being seen regularly for a heart murmur what later went away after she was getting the levothyroxine, which is cheap. Everything started becoming normal with her, and her heart murmur went away too. The small hole in her heart actually closed itself. I don't think these were related, but maybe they were. So many years ago, hard to remember the details.

mrsmaalox
12-18-2012, 04:13 PM
I'd question which professionals she's taken him to -- which was DOK's point. But that's besides the point - why is being an angry teenager a mental illness? The kid doesn't have downs-syndrome. He can function and does function fine -- for most of the time according to the mom. He has violent outbursts. That's not mental illness, that's being a 13 year old boy.

And even assuming that the kid is mentally ill, the mom's responsibility is to take care of the kid. That might mean giving him up for foster care if her gig playing the guitar and writing a blog and caring for three other kids doesn't work out.

She's making excuses for herself. Which is pure, unbridled bullshit.

I agree that she is just making excuses for herself, I just disagree that the kid is only a discipline problem and may not be mentally ill.

Unfortunately stupid parents cop out on their kids all the time. It's not easy being a parent and doing it alone seems to make some feel like they are some kind of martyr and that all their "sacrifices" providing food and shelter make them deserving of putting themselves and their own search for happiness before their kids' psychological needs. Once you make a kid, sane or not, you are stuck and nothing else should matter until you are sure they are well on their way to becoming productive citizens or at least until you are sure society is safe from them.

FuzzyLumpkins
12-18-2012, 04:24 PM

This is fucking stupid on several levels. Playing armchair psychiatrist without so much as interviewing the subject or his parent is fun I guess. Making up a salary to denigrate her for talking to a trained professional. Not realizing that you are supporting her thesis of mental health treatment deficiency by doing so.

Trying to turn telling your kid reasonably that he is not meeting dress code into 'like having a confrontation with your kid over the fuckin color of his pants.' Trying to call what that kid has 'a cognitive disorder' is fucking ignorant. Go look up up what the requirements for that are in the DSM. As is this alluding to the idea that if a man was there the disorder would have been prevented.

This just sounds like the typical machismo bullshit that you see in San Antonio more than just about anywhere else in the country.

vy65
12-18-2012, 04:25 PM
This is fucking stupid on several levels. Playing armchair psychiatrist without so much as interviewing the subject or his parent is fun I guess. Making up a salary to denigrate her for talking to a trained professional. Not realizing that you are supporting her thesis of mental health treatment deficiency by doing so.

Trying to turn telling your kid reasonably that he is not meeting dress code into 'like having a confrontation with your kid over the fuckin color of his pants.' Trying to call what that kid has 'a cognitive disorder' is fucking ignorant. Go look up up what the requirements for that are in the DSM. As is this alluding to the idea that if a man was there the disorder would have been prevented.

This just sounds like the typical machismo bullshit that you see in San Antonio more than just about anywhere else in the country.

People I wish were at Sandy Hook last Friday includes . . .

FuzzyLumpkins
12-18-2012, 04:30 PM
I agree that she is just making excuses for herself, I just disagree that the kid is only a discipline problem and may not be mentally ill.

Unfortunately stupid parents cop out on their kids all the time. It's not easy being a parent and doing it alone seems to make some feel like they are some kind of martyr and that all their "sacrifices" providing food and shelter make them deserving of putting themselves and their own search for happiness before their kids' psychological needs. Once you make a kid, sane or not, you are stuck and nothing else should matter until you are sure they are well on their way to becoming productive citizens or at least until you are sure society is safe from them.

I don't think it has anything to do with excuses. Oh noes she thinks she needs help with someone who is violent that experiences psychotic breaks! She has a liberal arts degree and tried to work freelance! Notice the husband isn't in the picture! What a selfish bitch!

FuzzyLumpkins
12-18-2012, 04:32 PM
People I wish were at Sandy Hook last Friday includes . . .

Well, I wasn't and you are a trained attorney that sucks at making germane logical arguments. No surprise that you resort to this lame tactic. You are a disgrace to your vocation. Try harder.

SnakeBoy
12-18-2012, 04:36 PM
On one hand I feel for parents like in the op but they are the ones vaccinating and circumcising theirs sons and turning them into monsters that have to go through life plagued with health problems from the vaccines and deprived of all sexual pleasure due to missing foreskins.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 04:39 PM
For those blaming the behavior on bad parenting skills, how do you explain one or more good kids that are siblings to the bad one?

I wasn't dismissing the possibility of mental illness, I was dismissing the victim card the mother was playing/the effort she was putting into dealing with the mental problems.

DarrinS
12-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Just read that Adam Lanza destroyed his hard drive before going on his shooting spree. Maybe he's not mentally ill -- just one evil mofo?

mrsmaalox
12-18-2012, 04:46 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with excuses. Oh noes she thinks she needs help with someone who is violent that experiences psychotic breaks! She has a liberal arts degree and tried to work freelance! Notice the husband isn't in the picture! What a selfish bitch!

I didn't make myself clear in that I wasn't referring to the lady blogger in my second paragraph. It was just a general observation of some parents attitudes.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 04:55 PM
This is fucking stupid on several levels. Playing armchair psychiatrist without so much as interviewing the subject or his parent is fun I guess.
How was I playing armchair psychiatrist? I wasn't making any conjecture about diagnosing the kid.

Making up a salary to denigrate her for talking to a trained professional.
:lmao a social worker being a "trained professional." No. Talk to a PHD. Talk to an MD. They're trained professionals who might actually have experience dealing with mental illness. Social workers deal with situations like when Joey calls Sammy a poopyhead.

Not realizing that you are supporting her thesis of mental health treatment deficiency by doing so.
Whether or not I agree with her thesis (and I do to a certain extent), the fact a social worker doesn't know how to deal with a possible mental illness doesn't support her thesis at all. Her thesis would be a lot more convincing if a real professional like a PHD or an MD told her that the only option was the kid getting arrested.

Trying to turn telling your kid reasonably that he is not meeting dress code into 'like having a confrontation with your kid over the fuckin color of his pants.' Trying to call what that kid has 'a cognitive disorder' is fucking ignorant. Go look up up what the requirements for that are in the DSM.
I wasn't implying anything calling it a cognitive disorder so idk why you're harping on that. If her kid really has a mental illness, she wouldn't harp on stupid shit like him meeting dress code and she'd make arrangements with the school so they understood. When your kid is running around the house with knives and threatening to kill himself, the color of his pants should be the least of your concerns.

As is this alluding to the idea that if a man was there the disorder would have been prevented.
Not what I'm alluding to at all. The mere presence of a dad wouldn't do anything, my point was that one of his parents is completely out of the picture and doesn't give two shits about treating him. Could be his mom. Could be his dad. The fact someone who's supposed to love you more than anything else is the world is nowhere to be found undeniably doesn't help the situation. I mention the dad because in these situations it's been the dad who's missing. I'm not arguing that a masculine presence prevents mental illness.

LnGrrrR
12-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Just read that Adam Lanza destroyed his hard drive before going on his shooting spree. Maybe he's not mentally ill -- just one evil mofo?

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.

LnGrrrR
12-18-2012, 05:06 PM

At first I thought this too, but maybe the mother thought the kid would fly off into a rage at the school administrators instead. I really, really, really, really hope neither of my kids grow up with any problems like this. I'd feel like a failure as a parent.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 05:08 PM
We still don’t know what’s wrong with Michael. Autism spectrum, ADHD, Oppositional Defiant or Intermittent Explosive Disorder have all been tossed around at various meetings with probation officers and social workers and counselors and teachers and school administrators. He’s been on a slew of antipsychotic and mood altering pharmaceuticals, a Russian novel of behavioral plans. Nothing seems to work.

If you think these people sufficiently suffice as experts on dealing with a kid who threatens to murder his mother with a knife, I really don't know what to say. None of these people are even close to qualifying as mental health experts.

LnGrrrR
12-18-2012, 05:09 PM
I have a nephew that had a child and from day one my wife and I knew there was "something wrong" with him. he was a "happy baby" but he clearly wasn't developing normally. By the time he was a year old it was obvious something was really wrong. There was clearly a mental issue that was being ignored. My parents were basically supporting the kid and his new family. I finally couldn't stand it and said something to my parents and basically demanded that we all broach the subject with the parents...by then he was 18 months old and still crawling and not talking...The parents (druggies too) were just ignoring it...they actually admitted they realized he was a little "slow' but didn't want to get him help (tons of free help available...we even found the programs for them) because "then he wouldn't be able to get in the military when he grew up". WTF???? FINALLY I forced my parents to threaten to cut them off if they didn't get the boy help...with therapy, counseling etc. he has been able to somewhat mainstream but was still wearing diapers at 5 years old and at ten probably has the mental capacity of a 5 or 6 year old. The parents would have totally ignored the problem if we hadn't forced the issue.

Ugh, that's horrible. Glad you were there to step up.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 05:13 PM
At first I thought this too, but maybe the mother thought the kid would fly off into a rage at the school administrators instead.
hi

If her kid really has a mental illness, she wouldn't harp on stupid shit like him meeting dress code and she'd make arrangements with the school so they understood.

She's made it clear she's communicated with school officials at length about the situation. I'm sure they'd understand, "So there might be days when my son refuses to wear his uniform, I'll try to keep it to a minimum," and his teachers would act accordingly. Idk why everyone wants to defend the indefensible, it's fuckin stupid to be worrying about the color of the pants your son with an alleged severe mental heath issue is wearing.

mrsmaalox
12-18-2012, 05:15 PM
If you think these people sufficiently suffice as experts on dealing with a kid who threatens to murder his mother with a knife, I really don't know what to say. None of these people are even close to qualifying as mental health experts.
That's absolutely true, but she also says he's been on a slew of antipsychotic and mood altering pharmaceuticals; and since none of those people are legally qualified to prescribe medications, I have to assume that her kid has been evaluated by a mental health specialist. Why she wouldn't mention them, I don't know----maybe some kind of underlying mistrust or denial? Strange.

CosmicCowboy
12-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Uhhh guys...MrsM knows her shit in this area of expertise.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Uhhh guys...MrsM knows her shit in this area of expertise.

Then maybe the author can take her son to see MrsM, because she could probably be a lot more helpful than the other people she's asked for advice.

ChumpDumper
12-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Just read that Adam Lanza destroyed his hard drive before going on his shooting spree. Maybe he's not mentally ill -- just one evil mofo?Seems strange behavior for someone evil -- wouldn't an evil mofo want everyone to know what he thought and was doing?

DarrinS
12-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Seems strange behavior for someone evil -- wouldn't an evil mofo want everyone to know what he thought and was doing?

Evil in the sense that he was planning what he was doing -- or so it appears.

Drachen
12-18-2012, 06:15 PM
I'll respond to this when I am back at a keyboard. I don't feel like doing it on my cell phone (I am coincidentally at a Dr. appt for my step daughter).

Eh, I was going to go the long route, I don't really feel like it anymore, I am not any kind of mental health warrior that is trying to make everyone understand my problems. Suffice to say that she might be picking her battles. What I mean by that is that she is trying to master the really small things before moving on to the big things (basically like you would a small child).

LnGrrrR
12-18-2012, 06:24 PM
hi

She's made it clear she's communicated with school officials at length about the situation. I'm sure they'd understand, "So there might be days when my son refuses to wear his uniform, I'll try to keep it to a minimum," and his teachers would act accordingly. Idk why everyone wants to defend the indefensible, it's fuckin stupid to be worrying about the color of the pants your son with an alleged severe mental heath issue is wearing.

<--- herp a derp

Missed that. And yes, I think the whole "color of pants" thing is probably a battle she shouldn't fight. Maybe she didn't think he'd flip out about it, or maybe she didn't want to 'give in' to his desire to wear other pants.

I can't tell if this kid needs more meds, or a good hit to the back of his head.

ChumpDumper
12-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Evil in the sense that he was planning what he was doing -- or so it appears.Well sure. There's certainly no way of knowing anything for sure now.

I don't even know if he survived there would be an explanation that would satisfy us. I just went over parts of the 2007 deposition of Mitchell Johnson, one of the Jonesboro killers, and it's just a bunch of bullshit -- like he's still 13 and can neither explain nor take responsibility for what he did. Last I heard he was back in jail for nonviolent crimes; sounds like he got the book thrown at him considering the actual charges.

OTOH, you have a guy like John Christian who killed his teacher in class with a rifle in 1978 at the same age Johnson was when he killed -- 13. He was put under psychiatric care for two years, then went back to school and is now an attorney in Austin. I don't know if anyone has talked to him about it since, but damn -- there he is. Just made partner in his firm.

vy65
12-18-2012, 06:50 PM
that's fucking insane

FuzzyLumpkins
12-18-2012, 06:50 PM
How was I playing armchair psychiatrist? I wasn't making any conjecture about diagnosing the kid.

:lmao a social worker being a "trained professional." No. Talk to a PHD. Talk to an MD. They're trained professionals who might actually have experience dealing with mental illness. Social workers deal with situations like when Joey calls Sammy a poopyhead.

Whether or not I agree with her thesis (and I do to a certain extent), the fact a social worker doesn't know how to deal with a possible mental illness doesn't support her thesis at all. Her thesis would be a lot more convincing if a real professional like a PHD or an MD told her that the only option was the kid getting arrested.

I wasn't implying anything calling it a cognitive disorder so idk why you're harping on that. If her kid really has a mental illness, she wouldn't harp on stupid shit like him meeting dress code and she'd make arrangements with the school so they understood. When your kid is running around the house with knives and threatening to kill himself, the color of his pants should be the least of your concerns.

Not what I'm alluding to at all. The mere presence of a dad wouldn't do anything, my point was that one of his parents is completely out of the picture and doesn't give two shits about treating him. Could be his mom. Could be his dad. The fact someone who's supposed to love you more than anything else is the world is nowhere to be found undeniably doesn't help the situation. I mention the dad because in these situations it's been the dad who's missing. I'm not arguing that a masculine presence prevents mental illness.

You are creating so many assumptions in your head to denigrate a woman that you do not know it's pretty damn sad. She went to a social worker who you have zero idea what he qualifications are and told her son that he needed to dress appropriately for school and you turn that into the above.

You actively want her to be in the wrong. You recently made a cuckold? Mommy issues? This has to come from somewhere.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 06:54 PM
You are creating so many assumptions in your head to denigrate a woman that you do not know it's pretty damn sad. She went to a social worker who you have zero idea what he qualifications are and told her son that he needed to dress appropriately for school and you turn that into the above.

You actively want her to be in the wrong. You recently made a cuckold? Mommy issues? This has to come from somewhere.
1) What am I assuming? Be specific.

2) Based on the advice the social worker gave her I have a pretty good idea what his/her qualifications were.

3) From what I read, she could be doing more. Idk how that qualifies as me wanting her to be wrong.

ChumpDumper
12-18-2012, 07:01 PM
that's fucking insaneI purposely left out the even more sensationalistic details.

mavs>spurs
12-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Wow...

My younger daughter was still crawling past the point she should be walking. Had her checked out, and turned she had a thyroid imbalance. This was simple compared to other issues. I never understood how it was missed. She was being seen regularly for a heart murmur what later went away after she was getting the levothyroxine, which is cheap. Everything started becoming normal with her, and her heart murmur went away too. The small hole in her heart actually closed itself. I don't think these were related, but maybe they were. So many years ago, hard to remember the details.

this is a big one with the sodium fluoride in the water (used to be used as a thyroid suppressant for people with overactive thyroids) and many healthy people randonly get thyroid disorders. around 13 or 14 i started getting sore all the time and went from blowing through advanced math to sometimes struggling at times to make all A's, something just wasn't right i had a lot of brain fog. shortly after got diagnosed tbh..for little kids who can't voice their symptoms and are in that critical stage where their brains are developing rapidly it can be devastating. glad ya'll got it figured out.

Latarian Milton
12-18-2012, 07:07 PM
if bitch is alive she should take responsibility for the massacre since she's the legal owner of the guns which killed a total of 27 people including her son

DarrinS
12-18-2012, 07:09 PM
if bitch is alive she should take responsibility for the massacre since she's the legal owner of the guns which killed a total of 27 people including her son

What if he had taken her car and ran over a bunch of kids at the bus stop?

ChumpDumper
12-18-2012, 07:09 PM
if bitch is alive she should take responsibility for the massacre since she's the legal owner of the guns which killed a total of 27 people including her sonGood to know you are up on current events. :tu

mouse
12-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Also, since when is being an angry teenager a mental illness?

When you use that anger online posting as Woo Bum-Kon

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 07:22 PM

I can't tell if this is an intentional or unintentional mention of the real Latarian Milton :lol

DarrinS
12-18-2012, 07:34 PM
I can't tell if this is an intentional or unintentional mention of the real Latarian Milton :lol

:lol didn't even notice that

DMC
12-18-2012, 07:44 PM

Wow, I never realized you were related to Avante.

George Gervin's Afro
12-18-2012, 08:32 PM

how many more dumb hypothetical questons are you going to ask?

FuzzyLumpkins
12-18-2012, 09:05 PM
1) What am I assuming? Be specific.

2) Based on the advice the social worker gave her I have a pretty good idea what his/her qualifications were.

3) From what I read, she could be doing more. Idk how that qualifies as me wanting her to be wrong.

That the social worker is not qualified to give advice concerning mental health. You have a 'pretty good idea' translates into you are guessing.

That the woman did not seek out the help of medical professionals. A little critical thinking would indicate that you are wrong. Think prescriptions.

That she is not doing more ie she only is doing what was mentioned in a blog post.

That the information that the social worker gave her was incorrect. It does hold true that most states require the law to be broken to involuntarily commit. That the social worker told her this truth demonstrates how your logic is flawed. The social worker is not quoted in anyway

Like I said, your mind is twisting this into the woman being negligent. That her son's behavior is somehow through a fault of her own. That if she was doing more then he wouldn't act like that.

The entire point of the article is that she needs help so she can do more for her son. ffs, man, its pretty damn obvious.

It's not a large leap of logic to conclude that you are projecting something onto her. So infidelity or bad childhood?

vy65
12-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Lol

http://sarahkendzior.com/2012/12/16/want-the-truth-behind-i-am-adam-lanzas-mother-read-her-blog/

vy65
12-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Clearly the kid's have mental issues and the mom and dad are beyond reproach

Fuck it. Medicate them into little zombies. That'll solve the problem.

Lol parental responsibility

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 09:35 PM
That the social worker is not qualified to give advice concerning mental health. You have a 'pretty good idea' translates into you are guessing.

That the woman did not seek out the help of medical professionals. A little critical thinking would indicate that you are wrong. Think prescriptions.

That she is not doing more ie she only is doing what was mentioned in a blog post.

That the information that the social worker gave her was incorrect. It does hold true that most states require the law to be broken to involuntarily commit. That the social worker told her this truth demonstrates how your logic is flawed. The social worker is not quoted in anyway

Like I said, your mind is twisting this into the woman being negligent. That her son's behavior is somehow through a fault of her own. That if she was doing more then he wouldn't act like that.

The entire point of the article is that she needs help so she can do more for her son. ffs, man, its pretty damn obvious.

It's not a large leap of logic to conclude that you are projecting something onto her. So infidelity or bad childhood?

Quotes from her blog:

Dear Progeny of Mine who cannot be in the car together for more than five minutes without erupting into screams that make a Japanese horror flick seem tame by comparison: No, you cannot ever have computer time again. Not ever. Your “I love to fart on you” song may seem whimsical or even clever to you, my dear seven year old. But it makes me want to throttle you.
And you, the 11 year old in the back, if you even touch your brother again, I will call your parole officer. I quit! Let the state take care of you and your compulsive inability to stop poking people.
And five year old, please only cry like that if you are facing imminent death—not if you drop your lollipop on the car floor, where it joins a two year food supply of discarded candy, fruit snacks, and cracker crumbs. Believe me, life will throw you much tougher challenges, and at this rate, you will be nothing but a fluffy cheerleader who drops the ball at the first sign of a chipped manicure.

Those of you who aren’t parents should really take my advice and stick with a puppy.
Because the puppy will never grow up to be a teenager.
Confession: My teen is driving me nuts. Oh sure, the rest of you see this poised, self-confident, polite young man who always holds doors open and helps little old ladies cross the street and can magically make your iPad work. Sure, he’s a straight A Boy Scout who can play anything in the key of Coldplay on the piano and writes English essays that make his teacher weep for joy.
What you don’t see is him shooting rubber bands at his siblings while he is supposed to be cleaning the Room of Doom. I have asked him to clean said room, every day for the past two months, roughly 14.7 times per hour. If you have a teenage son, you know the room I am talking about. There’s no point in even trying to guess if the clothes are clean or dirty, or what that strange bloodlike substance on the wall is, or where the two year supply of cookie crumbs ground into the carpet came from. Do not, under any circumstances, look under the bed.
My son’s room also features a bizarre altar decorated with icons and product boxes for every single Apple item ever produced. The only thing missing is a candle. A picture of Saint Steve Jobs smirks benevolently down on this collection, which I must confess I didn’t realize was a collection—to me, it looked like a lot of old product packaging that needed to be tossed.
“No, Mom!” my son screamed as I started toward the shrine with a garbage bag in hand. “That’s Apple stuff! Steve Jobs personally designed those boxes. By himself!”
Um, okay.
In addition to worshiping Steve Jobs, my son is an Obama-loving Democrat. All day long I have to listen to him go on and on about how President Obama and Steve Jobs have made the earth a paradise right here and now, set to a Coldplay soundtrack (okay, at least the kid has decent taste in tuneage).
This is, of course, revenge for my own Ronald Reagan-loving years in a Carter-Dukakis-Clinton household. I still love Ronald Reagan.

I am not going to even pretend I wasn’t tempted—a sudden picture of Jesus standing on a mountain top with Satan, surveying the world, flashed through my mind. But my confidence factor was a mere 25%–in other words, I was only 25% sure that I could cross the space beneath me and cling to the other side. Nate started playing with his rope, putting a few “Man vs. Wild” moves into practice as he swung the teal nylon cord across the abyss, catching it on the opposite side. I had already made my decision when I said to him, with utter calmness, “Crossing that crevasse is a selfish act. If you want to do it, I will stand here and take your picture when or if you reach the summit. But it’s selfish. And I will not follow you.”
I was speaking to myself. But Nate heard me. For several minutes. he thought about what I said, and in the end, he too decided not to cross. I knew exactly how courageous that decision was.
“Why do we do this to ourselves, Mom?” my son had asked a few weeks before, as he moved with aching slowness down the back face of Timpanogos.
Why do we climb mountains? I think there are two reasons. We climb because we want to push ourselves to the limits of our physical endurance; we want to see just how far these sacks of skin and bone can take us. And we climb because there simply isn’t any other way to experience what we feel when we stand on the summit, feeling for a brief moment what the gods feel. No photograph, no mere description, can do it justice—that sense of absolute awe and wonder and pure freedom that assaults your every sense when you are quite literally on top of your world.
Why then do we choose not to summit a mountain? That question is more difficult for me. We choose because when we reach the moment of decision, we find ourselves insufficiently aware, informed, prepared. We choose not to succeed at some things because the risks outweigh the benefits. To give up something that you value greatly for those you love is to know the meaning of sacrifice in the Biblical sense. As I turned back from Mr. Regan’s taunting summit, as I wedged my body between sheer rock faces with vertical drops of more than 30 feet, as I scavenged for handholds in flaking granite, I thought of Abraham, knife poised above the body of his innocent son. Why does God give us these urges, then tell us not to act on them?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Go ahead, keep defending this crazy, bible thumping, ultra-conservative slut. I'm sure her parenting has nothing to do with her kid's craziness :lmao:lmao:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Clearly the kid's have mental issues and the mom and dad are beyond reproach

Fuck it. Medicate them into little zombies. That'll solve the problem.

Lol parental responsibility

:lmao:lmao:lmao

:cryWhat a heroic mother doing everything she can:cry

baseline bum
12-18-2012, 09:40 PM
^ CROFL, she sounds like fucking igotnokok.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 09:41 PM
^ CROFL, she sounds like fucking igotnokok.

Drachen
12-18-2012, 09:43 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

:cryWhat a heroic mother doing everything she can:cry

read the comments section.

vy65
12-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Lol FuzzyLumpkins, patron saint of social workers and shitty mothers

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Lol FuzzyLumpkins, patron saint of social workers and shitty mothers

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 09:46 PM
read the comments section.

What should I be looking for?

vy65
12-18-2012, 09:49 PM

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Drachen
12-18-2012, 09:50 PM
What should I be looking for?

the people who went to read her blog and gave the posts context (like the abraham one wasn't about her kid it is about pride (it seems), Nate is her hiking buddy, not her son . . .). If you want to read the comments (or her blog) do it, if you don't, don't but it seems that this article is the attempt to "cash in" that everyone accused lisa long's article of being.

Also, I would submit that you might ask your mom (or dad, or both) what the absolute worst thing they ever thought about you was, even if it was a joke.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 09:52 PM
lol the comments about how "This is just a mommy blog!"

Blogging about your 5 year old son crying too much as if that's something unique to your son is some of the most whiny and narcissistic behavior I've ever seen.

baseline bum
12-18-2012, 09:52 PM
I am a parent of 3 kids and what i have read does not seem to be malicious. I have thought about how much I want to put some sense into my kids when they are being annoying or dumbasses. Still love my kids to the end, big reason why I tattoo’d their faces on my body. This writer has no concept except to look down from a pulpit.

:rollin

vy65
12-18-2012, 09:53 PM
the people who went to read her blog and gave the posts context (like the abraham one wasn't about her kid it is about pride (it seems), Nate is her hiking buddy, not her son . . .). If you want to read the comments (or her blog) do it, if you don't, don't but it seems that this article is the attempt to "cash in" that everyone accused lisa long's article of being.

Also, I would submit that you might ask your mom (or dad, or both) what the absolute worst thing they ever thought about you was, even if it was a joke.

There's a difference between a joke between spouses and a mom posting said joke on the Internet for all to see, don't you think?

Drachen
12-18-2012, 09:53 PM
I am a parent of 3 kids and what i have read does not seem to be malicious. I have thought about how much I want to put some sense into my kids when they are being annoying or dumbasses. Still love my kids to the end, big reason why I tattoo’d their faces on my body. This writer has no concept except to look down from a pulpit.

:rollin

I did laugh at this.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 09:55 PM

My mom catching me throwing a party in high school while she was out of town probably got her more pissed off than ever, and I don't think giving me up to the state ever crossed her mind.

She also didn't feel the need to blog about it and tell the world how angry she was at me, probably because she's not a narcissistic bitch who likes to be dramatic about her kids so she gets tons of, "You're such a hard working parent!" comments to feed her ego.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 09:56 PM
There's a difference between a joke between spouses and a mom posting said joke on the Internet for all to see, don't you think?

Yes, but he's being deliberately obtuse ignoring the elephant in the room that this woman's narcissism and ego make it impossible to take anything she says seriously.

Drachen
12-18-2012, 09:56 PM

Maybe, or maybe it is cathartic for her. I don't know the lady. Plus she doesn't have a spouse.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Plus she doesn't have a spouse.

Neither does my mom, and I'm willing to bet my parents' divorce was uglier than the divorce this bitch is going through. Still, miraculously enough, neither my mom nor my dad felt the need to pout about it in a blog.

baseline bum
12-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Neither does my mom, and I'm willing to bet my parents' divorce was uglier than the divorce this bitch is going through. Still, miraculously enough, neither my mom nor my dad felt the need to pout about it in a blog.

How many times they take you to jail though?

vy65
12-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Maybe, or maybe it is cathartic for her. I don't know the lady. Plus she doesn't have a spouse.

That's bullshit. Catharsis at the expense of your kids, and especially when said catharsis blows up publicly on the Internet is a pretty good indicator this dumb bitch is a shitty mom.

Drachen
12-18-2012, 10:01 PM
My mom catching me throwing a party in high school while she was out of town probably got her more pissed off than ever, and I don't think giving me up to the state ever crossed her mind.

She also didn't feel the need to blog about it and tell the world how angry she was at me, probably because she's not a narcissistic bitch who likes to be dramatic about her kids so she gets tons of, "You're such a hard working parent!" comments to feed her ego.

Not probably, go ahead and ask her. Shit, you might be right, or it might be a time when she had 100 other things going on and you were acting like a typical 8 year old and it just hit her wrong.

I will admit that, to me blogging seems relatively narcissistic in general, but shit, Facebook has over a billion users, so she isn't special in that respect.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Putting all of her kids' personal problems on the internet, then suddenly becoming an idealist who blogs about mental health using her kid to get attention from the world.

You're kidding yourself if you think she hasn't made her kids the easiest bullying targets at school. It's pretty impossible to defend this woman, yet people are somehow doing it knowing how much harder she just made her kid's lives just to satisfy her ego.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 10:04 PM
That's bullshit. Catharsis at the expense of your kids, and especially when said catharsis blows up publicly on the Internet is a pretty good indicator this dumb bitch is a shitty mom.

:cryShe might have just publicly humiliated her kids but it's all good because it's cathartic and the woman is such a hero:cry

vy65
12-18-2012, 10:07 PM
:cryShe might have just publicly humiliated her kids but it's all good because it's cathartic and the woman is such a hero:cry

:cry her freelance hipster friends love checking her blog and telling her that she's a good mom over some PBR's and America Spirits :(

Her life is just like an ****** smith song ...if only she'd end it like he did ...

Drachen
12-18-2012, 10:08 PM
I will say this (I think I have already said this to you DoK in relation to kids, though it works for everything) experience changes perspective. With that, I have put far more effort into this thread than I wanted especially for some random chick that I don't care about, so I abdicate my position. Good game.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Dear Art History Students who decided to contract the Test Day Flu this morning: You missed a life-changing lecture on art and forgery and the nature of the real, spearheaded by a discussion of the Getty Kouros (as made famous to the non Classical world by Malcolm Gladwell’s Blink, a little gem of popular science). You don’t feel good enough to take a slide quiz? Well I don’t feel good enough to let you make it up either. I quit. Go complain to your Department Chair. Oh wait, that’s ME! Sucks to be you, lazy students.

:cry student's don't want to go to art history and since I'm narcissistic I take that as a personal insult :cry

vy65
12-18-2012, 10:10 PM
:cry student's don't want to go to art history and since I'm narcissistic I take that as a personal insult :cry

Lolololololololololol

Time to blog but not raise her child, then abdicate responsibility because said child has a "mental illness," then trying to play the martyr by comparing your shitty parenting to Lanza's mom ....

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Lolololololololololol

Time to blog but not raise her child, then abdicate responsibility because said child has a "mental illness," then trying to play the martyr by comparing your shitty parenting to Lanza's mom ....
I kinda wish she was Lanza's mom

Trainwreck2100
12-18-2012, 10:12 PM
i wish avante was lanza's mom

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2012, 10:13 PM
i wish avante was lanza's mom

Given what we know about Mason (19 year old deadbeat who's had to live around Avante his entire life), a similar scenario might develop with that family.

mavs>spurs
12-18-2012, 10:27 PM
i hope that kid in the blog goes HAM on his mom too, that hipster bitch

mrsmaalox
12-18-2012, 11:43 PM
:lol Well that was interesting! I still gotta go with the majority opinion that she is making excuses for herself and copping out on her kids. The kids may very well have psychiatric problems (I don't think authorities lock up kids 3 times on the whim of a parent) or behavioral issues; either way, she doesn't seem to feel it her primary responsibility to deal with them. I realize those are carefully selected excerpts from her blog, but she is in blatant blame mode throughout. Blame the ex, blame the kids, but no where does she address herself and her negative contributions to the situation. She's in definite denial and suffering from a malignant narcissm. Poor kids!

Nbadan
12-18-2012, 11:57 PM
Sue the estate.....there is certainly some liability there...maybe that is the direction that responsible gun ownership needs to go....

TDMVPDPOY
12-19-2012, 12:20 AM
remember fellas,she was gettin 200k in alimony payments each year since 08..dont blame healthcare or whatever, when she has enough money to afford things alot of single parents dont have the luxury of that kind of alimony

vy65
12-19-2012, 12:27 AM
Ya'll are just blaming the victim, you assholes you /RandomGuy

Nbadan
12-19-2012, 12:31 AM
Responsible gun ownership is no joke

http://drpunchface.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/guns_family_portrait.jpg

Nbadan
12-19-2012, 12:32 AM
http://cdn.racerxonline.com/brett_family.jpg