PDA

View Full Version : burned out

MannyIsGod
09-03-2004, 05:22 PM
i am burned out.

i think i am going to cast my absentee ballot as soon as possible so i can simply tune the next 2 months of politics out.

i'm simply exhausted with the mass of information i've bombarded myself with over the past 6 months, and i'm ready to put this to bed.

with bush showing a 24 point lead in texas, i'm going to go ahead and vote libertarian. i'll probably still watch the debates because they are the only hope kerry has, but even then bush has to make big mistakes which i don't think he will.

it's not over, it's close. actually, it's not over, but for me it is.

however, i'll still be keeping up with forgien policy as a whole, and read about how it's been handled and how it shoudl be handled. i have an extreme interest in this area, and may be something i pursue after school. i dig it.

Nbadan
09-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Politics can be very exausting Manny. Take a break, read a good book or two. There are still 59 days to go.

Bandit2981
09-03-2004, 05:28 PM
i always take a break over the weekend myself...usually with some strawberry margaritas and a nice smoke :hat

SpursWoman
09-03-2004, 05:32 PM
I think I am, too. It's making me cranky. :flipoff

:lol

Yonivore
09-03-2004, 05:36 PM
SpursWoman:

"I think I am, too. It's making me cranky."
I can fix that. :p :eyebrow :makeout

Joe Chalupa
09-03-2004, 06:58 PM
WTF!? Does your wife know what your are doing? :shock

It's better to burn out then fade away.

Out of the blue and into the black.

bigzak25
09-03-2004, 07:03 PM
a bombardment of info over the last six months led to a libertarian vote? what a waste.

Yonivore
09-03-2004, 07:18 PM
I think Manny's position is characteristic of many Kerry supporters.

Look for the spread to widen between now and November 2.

What was it I was saying a few months back? Oh yeah...Bush in a landslide!!!

Joe Chalupa
09-03-2004, 07:21 PM
It could be Yoni....could be.

But I do think Pat Robertson predicted the same thing...except he got his info from God.

Yonivore
09-03-2004, 07:37 PM
I don't think God's that interested in U.S. Presidential elections, myself.

MannyIsGod
09-04-2004, 02:06 AM
I was always a lukewarm Kerry supporter at best, more of an ABB thing.

Zak, why is it a waste, it is the party i align myself most with.

timvp
09-04-2004, 03:04 AM
http://www.spiritfm.com/VBS%20Pictures/vbs.ht5.jpg

afe7FATMAN
09-04-2004, 06:18 AM
Burned OUT

Come on Manny your only 20 something. Politics should last a lifetime. Just keep changing your views every few years as you get older and wiser.:lol

Nbadan
09-04-2004, 06:24 AM
I was always a lukewarm Kerry supporter at best, more of an ABB thing.

Zak, why is it a waste, it is the party i align myself most with.

Think of it this way Manny. This election is a referendum on W.'s policies in the war on terrorism. Forget the economy. Without the threat of re-election hanging over him, W., Cheney, Halliburton and the NeoCons are gonna have a green light to do pretty much what-ever the hell they please, where-ever they please. NO questions asked, especially not by congress, the senate, or the mass media. Invade Iran, hey, they were supporting the insurgency in Iraq. Nuke N. Korea, hey, it was inevitable, right? Invade Syria, hey, they terrorized Israel and we gotta find those nasty nukes Saddam sent over. Provoke China, Armageddon, yippee!

This is World War 3 stuff we are talking about. Wouldn't you feel like a fool if before WW3 started you wasted your vote on a meaning-less third party candidate?

Yonivore
09-04-2004, 09:49 AM
You make a good case for it being a referendum on the President's prosecution of the war on terrorism, Nbadan.

So, with WWIV (war on global terrorism) already underway...who do you think the American people want in there? That's right George W. Bush.

Bush in a landslide!

MannyIsGod
09-04-2004, 01:15 PM
Dan, I'm sorry but as much as I hate Bush forgien policy I do so not becaue I expect some stupid conspiracy or wipespread world war, but because it's shortsighted and does not help us win the war on terror.

War with China? Give me a break, china's military has such a limited reach, the threat they pose is overrated.

Tommy Duncan
09-04-2004, 01:21 PM
This election is a referendum on whether you believe that you want people like Nbadan or MFD running your life. For that reason I intend to vote Libertarian like Manuel and submit that you should do the same. Don't ask me for the Libertarian presidential candidate's name I will find it out when I get my ballot.

Yonivore
09-04-2004, 01:25 PM
His name is Bednarik

NeoConIV
09-04-2004, 06:39 PM
See you when you get back. Take it easy.

Nbadan
09-05-2004, 04:45 AM
Dan, I'm sorry but as much as I hate Bush forgien policy I do so not becaue I expect some stupid conspiracy or wipespread world war, but because it's shortsighted and does not help us win the war on terror.

What did invading and occupying a secular country that never threatened the U.S., and did not actively support terrorism against Americans have to do with winning the war on terror?

How many of the terrorists behind 911 did the 911 Commission find were from Iraq?

How many where from Iran and Syria?

Wouldn't the 100's of billions that we are now expected to spend in Iraq annually go a long way towards securing our own pores national boarders, providing more active combat troops, and securing our ports from attack?

Has the war in Iraq actually made the U.S. more vulnerable to attack?

As far as my predictions go, I received a lot of heat when I predicted a year ago that Kobe would walk without his rape case ever going to trial (http://p068.ezboard.com/fspursdominionfrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=1219.t opic&start=41&stop=60), including much from Marcus (cough...cough...Tommy) in this forum. So I'm not surprised you can't see what I am trying to tell you about WW3. Yet.

For those reasons alone, I would be surprised if this ever saw the light of day in a trial court. This has settlement written all over it. Without the testimony of the victim, the state would have no choice but to drop the charges (especially since he was only indicted on a single charge), and Kobe would walk away from this without ever having to register with the state's registered sex offender registar.

Tommy Duncan
09-05-2004, 05:44 AM
Predicting that a celebrity athlete will not be convicted of a crime is not indicative of any mystical predicative powers. Damn you are stupid.

Nbadan
09-05-2004, 05:50 AM
Predicting that a celebrity athlete will not be convicted of a crime is not indicative of any mystical predicative powers.

I'm not saying it is, however, I always stand behind my predictions. Right, or, on very, very rare occassions, wrong.

MannyIsGod
09-05-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm not saying it is,

uh, yeah you are.

but ok, when wwivhdafdsfjd starts you can hold it against us.

mimiOh
09-05-2004, 04:24 PM
You think this time around is tough..wait until we have to listen to a year of Hillary. OUCH!

Yonivore
09-05-2004, 05:45 PM
I can't wait for Hitlary's campaign.

Can anyone say Rose Law Firm? Webster Hubbell? Vincent Foster? How 'bout McDougal...

I don't think America will be ready for or tolerant of another 4 or 8 years of Clintonmania...whether justified or not. Yes, we have short memories but, not that short...there's plenty of rabid anti-Clintons out there to keep this in the headlines through her campaign. The nation is tired and needs a stable, low-key, and even-keeled president next, (and, no, I don't know who that'd be.).

Just my opinion.

Guru of Nothing
09-05-2004, 06:05 PM
I am going to vote this year, for the first time since 1984. I too will vote for the Libertarian candidate.

Nbadan
09-05-2004, 07:27 PM
but ok, when wwivhdafdsfjd starts you can hold it against us.

Let's hope this is one of those rare occassions where I am wrong, but I could see a invasion of either Iraq or Syria further destabilizing the Middle East. Meanwhile, the Islamic Jihad in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan keep churning out holy warriors.

Yonivore
09-05-2004, 08:55 PM
This is one time I hope you're right Nbadan...about kicking ass anyway.

MadeFromDust
09-08-2004, 07:21 AM
www.godsclay.com/images/Flag_-_Israel_will_prevail_200.jpg (http://www.godsclay.com/images/Flag_-_Israel_will_prevail_200.jpg)Great sig pic, NeoConIV.

Vote for Dust in '08! Because Hillary's a witch and Dust will run your life. :)

Hmmmm, catchy. http://forums.tccoa.com/images/smilies/patriot.gif