PDA

View Full Version : trade green. now. do it rc.

Supreme_Being
12-18-2012, 11:54 PM
dude is a fkn worthless useless vile mediocre revolting appalling bball player.

capek
12-19-2012, 12:02 AM
phfa, bnsf :rolleyes

Dr. Robert Lee
12-19-2012, 12:29 AM
dude is a fkn worthless useless vile mediocre revolting appalling bball player.
umadbro

Supreme_Being
12-19-2012, 01:15 AM
dude cost us the fkn game 1-9? wtf...............

Stabula
12-19-2012, 03:08 AM
Unless he ends up becoming more than a streaky spot-up shooter then I'd have to agree. If not AT LEAST demote him to the bench.

Sean Cagney
12-19-2012, 03:12 AM
Trade him for what? What the hell are they going to get for dude and his contract now? Package deal with Blair maybe, but for what?

spurraider21
12-19-2012, 03:27 AM
Trade him for what? What the hell are they going to get for dude and his contract now? Package deal with Blair maybe, but for what?
omg enough. every freakin trade offer proposed on this forum is "package him with blair"

NOBODY is going to think "i dont like that trade... but now that they're throwing in blair lets do it." dejuan blair =/= trade value

capek
12-19-2012, 03:37 AM
omg enough. every freakin trade offer proposed on this forum is "package him with blair"

NOBODY is going to think "i dont like that trade... but now that they're throwing in blair lets do it." dejuan blair =/= trade value

haha well put! neither of these guys has any trade value. But more to the point, all we've learned is that Green isn't, at this point, able to step up his game and become more than a ~20 minute role player. But as that 20 min guy he's been pretty solid this season. Helped us win quite a few ball games. So wait till everyone's healthy, his minutes will get cut and he'll go back to being that situational guy who just happens to start. Which seems to be his niche.

but honestly I thought this was just a vent thread anyways, so not sure why I bothered with that much of a response :wakeup

crc21209
12-19-2012, 03:57 AM
How about...no. He's in a funk, sure...but to go off on him right now would be unfair. He's had to slide into the SF position and defend bigger players than him which may be taking away some of his energy on the offensive end. Once Kawhi gets back, and the rotations go back to normal, Green will be just fine...

DapDaGenius
12-19-2012, 04:50 AM
So these trade threads are just going to keep appearing, might as well as have some fun with it...so with that said....

If you had to choose between this trade

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bubmu6l

this trade

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=csussfm

or death(but the death is to have to your head smacked by the booty in my signature, 10,000 times)...which would you choose?

Supreme_Being
12-19-2012, 05:23 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cwvsvys

will_spurs
12-19-2012, 06:16 AM
I'm really wondering the value Green has for the Spurs if he can't play better D. We already have a glut of SG who can't play D, it would be nice to get rid of one of the three to receive a SG who has a vague idea of what perimeter defense means. Not sure which of Neal or Green has the highest trade value, but one of them has to go.

Raven
12-19-2012, 06:28 AM
what can you get for 3.5$ ? No good player is paid that little and is available for a trade. Also Green is good.

The III
12-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Gerald Henderson ???

Hoops Czar
12-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Danny Green is to Pop as Lloyd Daniels was to John Lucas. Green isn't going to be traded because the Spurs aren't going to get any value in return and Pop loves him too much.

Supreme_Being
12-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Tony Allen's 3.5............. just sayin.

JRHernandez88
12-19-2012, 08:59 AM
You act like he's ever been anything more then a spot up shooter, that's where he fits in the system. He's just having some off nights right now. If anything he's disciplined in his role and gives us lots of energy on defense. Il check back in this thread when he goes 7/9 from three or when he shoots the game winner over Kobe and everyone is sucking him up.

Southwest Texas Fan
12-19-2012, 09:15 AM
How about...no. He's in a funk, sure...but to go off on him right now would be unfair. He's had to slide into the SF position and defend bigger players than him which may be taking away some of his energy on the offensive end. Once Kawhi gets back, and the rotations go back to normal, Green will be just fine...

This.

jag
12-19-2012, 09:36 AM
I think Green is settling for too many threes.

First 10 games of the season he was shooting 50% from the field (90 attempts) and 45.7% on 3-pts (46 attempts). Only twice in the first 10 games did he exceed 5 three-point attempts in a game. Since then, he's done it 9 times. And in the past ten games he's exceeded 5 three-point attempts 6 times. He's still taking around the same number of shots per game, but the number of 3-pt attempts continues to go up. Last 10 games: 86 FG attempts at 38.4%. 60 3-pt attempts at 36.7%.

Green has never been a guy who gets to the line a lot, but even still, he's only attempted 2 free throws in the past 12 games. He's not a great finisher at the rim, but he's still athletic enough to get to the rim and draw contact. He's also a solid mid-range shooter, so it's not like he's just a one-trick pony with a broken trick. Maybe Pop wants him throwing up 7-10 threes per game. And maybe it's just a shooting slump. But I think there are smarter ways for him to be involved in the offense.

weebo
12-19-2012, 09:44 AM

He seems to be in a funk a lot these days. Let's face it. Danny Green is what he is and that is a marginal NBA player on his best night. He would not be starting on any other team much less a team trying to contend for a championship.

Strategic
12-19-2012, 09:49 AM
I don't think there is anything wrong with Green, he fills the two guard minutes that Manu can't. He also has become Popovich's whipping post(replacing Parker), taking some of the pressure off of his team mates. I do have a question about him. If the top teams in the Western Conference are the Thunder, Clippers, Grizzles, Lakers and Nuggets, how many minutes per game would Green average if he were on one of those teams? I know these other teams have different offensive schemes so brush that argument aside. Where would he fit?

:wtf

DMC
12-19-2012, 09:51 AM
You don't trade on a low, but on a high.

The Spurs are a 3pt shooting team, and they live and die by it. Danny Green is ok, he just missed some shots. Manu turned the ball over 4 times. I'm sure that had something to do with losing as well. Most NBA fans look at shooting percentage as the reason the team lost, but then they scoff at Mike D'Antoni's system because it doesn't put a focus on defense.

Relax Spurs fan, we know how this movie ends.

DMC
12-19-2012, 09:53 AM
I don't think there is anything wrong with Green, he fills the two guard minutes that Manu can't. He also has become Popovich's whipping post(replacing Parker), taking some of the pressure off of his team mates. I do have a question about him. If the top teams in the Western Conference are the Thunder, Clippers, Grizzles, Lakers and Nuggets, how many minutes per game would Green average if he were on one of those teams? I know these other teams have different offensive schemes so brush that argument aside. Where would he fit?

:wtf
You cannot brush aside the central deciding factor.

Jordanobili2320
12-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Green is on a decent contract for his position and teams did show interest in him this summer. He is not just a system player despite what most of you think. He is an above average defender at his position and not to mention the SG position is already extremely weak in this league. Teams would show interest and in my opinion he should be moved, we have shooting guards falling out of our asses right now and we need another rim protector BADLY.

Brunodf
12-19-2012, 10:07 AM
what can you get for 3.5$ ? No good player is paid that little and is available for a trade. Also Green is good.

Antony Randolph+pick

McGusto55
12-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Fuck man spurs just tired...everybody takin shit just calm down,.....

JP le Requin
12-19-2012, 11:03 AM
hi, i know wee badly need a big..
but there is a nice opportunity with getting tyreke evans.. i mean he can be our future with leonard and patty + splitter...
green, blair, patty?, neal and even diaw can go for someone like tyreke + big we need...
what about the derrick williams, huckson? anthony randolph ....?

sananspursfan21
12-19-2012, 11:07 AM
i remember everyone singing his praises when he hit the game winner against la...

Leetonidas
12-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Danny Green is not going to make or break this roster, stfu with this retarded shit

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Danny Green is not going to make or break this roster, stfu with this retarded shit

tmtcsc
12-19-2012, 11:47 AM

Thank You.

Paranoid Pop
12-19-2012, 12:16 PM
While the opening post is excessive, I do think Green is the guard to trade if they choose to go that route.

He can't be traded before January 15th tho and I think he's a great team-mate but I'm not a fan of his style of play, he's very limited but Pop loves his one dimensional players.

TP MAnu De Colo Neal gives us all we need at the guard position.

Sean Cagney
12-19-2012, 03:13 PM

The point is neither are going to be traded and nobody will come busting through the door to make that trade for either one. We have what we have until an actual trade happens.

PingPong
12-19-2012, 04:44 PM
The biggest issue about Green is his aparently low bball IQ. Sometimes he does some stupid things. Really annoyung.

capek
06-12-2013, 02:08 PM
sup