PDA

View Full Version : Last Restaurant You Ate at and Rate It

Blake
12-19-2012, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the idea, lefty.

PeiWei:

been at least a year since I'd been there.

I had this caramel chicken plate which was pretty good. Had pineapples, vegetables, peppers and had a little kick.

A little overpriced for the portion, imo. For about the same price, could have gone to genghis to get one of those bowls you fill up to give the cook.

Also had the spring rolls... which I've had better.....at Panda Express..

6/10

ploto
12-19-2012, 07:26 AM
I went there about 6 months ago and had not been in quite some time. I just about fell over at their prices.

Blake
12-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Cicis pizza

it would be no stars, but the salad is edible and the thin crust is not bad.

being under six bucks and having espn on makes it at least 3/10.

if I throw up later, I'll take the stars away.

JudynTX
12-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Main Street Pizza, I had the Fried Ravioli. Superb! :tu 9/10

Greg Oden
12-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Cicis pizza

it would be no stars, but the salad is edible and the thin crust is not bad.

being under six bucks and having espn on makes it at least 3/10.

if I throw up later, I'll take the stars away.

lol cicis

I don't even bother eating their pizza, just overdose on the delicious cheesebread.

DesignatedT
12-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Yardhouse. 7/10.

Food and beers overpriced. 6.25 for a draft pint unless it's happy hour. During HH they go down to 4.25 a beer and have some half price apps/pizzas. At that point it isn't too bad.

mrsmaalox
12-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Trilogy Pizza and Wine Bistro. Great menu, lots of things I want to try here. Had a starter of fried calamari, perfect and not rubbery at all; pizza was the "Veggie Pie", ordered it New York style and it was perfect. Really nice wine list, I had the Mirassou Pinot Noir, my favorite red which I have never found at a restaurant before. Nice busy little neighborhood place, service was excellent, most beautiful hostess I have ever seen (my daughter ;)). 10/10

http://www.trilogybistro.com/index.html

cantthinkofanything
12-20-2012, 11:20 AM
I was out Christmas shopping last night so just swung by McDonald's. I had my once a year McRib, french fries, and a DP. Also a QP with cheese.

The "meat" was hot all the way through and chewy. The Bun was fresh and slightly less chewy than the meat. The small difference in texture resulted in a delightful overall texture.
Surprisingly, there was plenty of tangy barbeque sauce on the sandwich. Over the last few years, it seemed that they were intentionally cutting back on the amount they used.
Pickles and onions were standard McDonald's fare and worked well with the rest of the creation.

After I ordered my food, I was asked to pull up so they could finish the order. I assumed to cook some fries. However, after eating on the way home (combined with the hot McRib I enjoyed later), it was obvoius that the fries were boxed while my McRib was being completed.

The QP with cheese was a non-meat tasting substance overpowered by bun, ketchup, mustard, onions, and pickles. Perfection.

The Dr. Pepper was very fizzy and seemed to create more room in my stomach which allowed me to finish my meal without feeling full or bloated until I tried to go to sleep.

8/10 (deduction for the lukewarm fries)

leemajors
12-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Went to Fino in Austin for Happy Hour Monday, it was great. Pork Belly and Octopus was fantastic, so were the anchovy stuffed fried olives and blistered shishito peppers. Had the Scofflaw cocktail and liked it too. Glad we went during happy hour though.

http://www.finoaustin.com/

cantthinkofanything
12-20-2012, 12:07 PM
I watch the tracker the whole time,then I get back to work and watch my computer defrag.

I Liked it! Pan Pizza is bomb/totallysick

you're kidding yourself. next time, call in your order from their parking lot and then walk in with your tracker. see if the actual progress of your pizza matches what you are getting.
make sure they know that you know. probably stand up, turn your mobile device toward the workers, yell, "I'm watching you motherfuckers." do it every couple of minutes. then follow the delivery guy to your home.

I predict you'll be shocked by the disconnect between the tracker and actual pizza progression

ErnestLynch
12-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Taco Cabana. It was incredibly average, as usual.

JudynTX
12-20-2012, 02:55 PM
you're kidding yourself. next time, call in your order from their parking lot and then walk in with your tracker. see if the actual progress of your pizza matches what you are getting.
make sure they know that you know. probably stand up, turn your mobile device toward the workers, yell, "I'm watching you motherfuckers." do it every couple of minutes. then follow the delivery guy to your home.

I predict you'll be shocked by the disconnect between the tracker and actual pizza progression

:lmao :lmao This made me laugh, because it sounds like you tried this.

JudynTX
12-20-2012, 02:55 PM
I went to The Malt House today, first time in many years. I had the fried chicken. It was just ok. 4/10

ashbeeigh
12-20-2012, 02:59 PM
I went to Country Street Bakery for lunch today. It was in the same realm as Panera and Heartstone. The sandwich was better than Hearthstone but a bit more pricey. I give it a 7.

Trill Clinton
12-20-2012, 03:04 PM
fogo de chao for lunch.

8/10 today.

my favorite gaucho wasn't there today so that took away from the grade A service we typically get.

cantthinkofanything
12-20-2012, 03:21 PM
fogo de chao for lunch.

8/10 today.

my favorite gaucho wasn't there today so that took away from the grade A service we typically get.

:lol your favorite "gaucho" wasn't there to serve you his meat?

Trill Clinton
12-20-2012, 03:46 PM
:lol your favorite "gaucho" wasn't there to serve you his meat?

:lol

DPG21920
12-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Went to Fino in Austin for Happy Hour Monday, it was great. Pork Belly and Octopus was fantastic, so were the anchovy stuffed fried olives and blistered shishito peppers. Had the Scofflaw cocktail and liked it too. Glad we went during happy hour though.

http://www.finoaustin.com/

Have you ever eaten at Perla's?

gameFACE
12-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Tried this new place called Kennedy's Chicago Pizza on 281 betw/ Brookhollow & Thousand Oaks. Awful. Apparently this is KCP's second location. Hopefully their last. I give the place six months max.

Fortunately, two days before I had been to Liberty Bar for our Christmas party at work. They have a lamb sausage done on the grill that's damn good.

leemajors
12-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Have you ever eaten at Perla's?

Have not, but it looks good. If i'm down that way it's usually for Lucy's or Olivia.

DPG21920
12-20-2012, 06:07 PM
you would enjoy Perla's. If you go, you have to get the grilled octopus appetizer. :wow

ididnotnothat
12-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Vida Mia's - The chile verde enchiladas were too bitter and their mole' enchiladas were too sweet. Won't be going back. Service was real slow too. It was quiet though.,

step up to the mike
12-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Shoney's. Had the breakfast buffett. Not bad but they don't have hash browns but those cubed potatoes.

clambake
12-20-2012, 06:28 PM
mastro's. good steak and seafood. a little pricey.

JRHernandez88
12-20-2012, 09:16 PM
texas two step. didn't like it at all. the menu was confusing and was pricey.

DPG21920
12-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Who actually pays money to eat at places like CiCi's and Shoney's? I always thought that was where bum's hang out and stuff.

Blake
12-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Richer

Xevious
12-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Fire Wok in stone oak.

3/10

Cheap lunch. But it just wasn't that good, and they have a small selection for the lunch specials.

DD
12-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Who actually pays money to eat at places like CiCi's and Shoney's? I always thought that was where bum's hang out and stuff.

Being that the guy who said Shoneys was mouse, I'd say u answered your own question.

DD
12-20-2012, 11:35 PM
Andiamos Pizza in Midtown Miami. Had them custom make a ricotta cheese-caramelized onions-sausage pie. Brick oven thin crust. It was mmm mmm

CheapBastard
12-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Anna's Mexican Restaurant. Cheese enchiladas, two tacos, rice, beans, chips and salsa. $4.99 special last night. :tu :tu

RGMCSE
12-21-2012, 10:13 PM
The wife and I were doing some Christmas shopping on Wednesday at North Star Mall. After fighting all that comes with that hectic shit we were starving and decided to eat at the Longhorn SteakHouse across the street. It's the same place where Benigan's used to be, for those locals. I love seafood and always up for a new seafood dish. So I was intrigued by the Shrimp and Lobster chowder and ordered a bowl. The waitress brings it out and it smells fishy right away. First bad sign and really the only important sign to send it back. But like I said I was starving so a take a small taste. Not bad, next thing I know I eat the bowl full. Well fuck me if I didn't spend the whole fucking night barfing my head off from 9pm til 5am. I'm serious I was dry heaving because I simply was out of fluids. I've got the busted blood cells in my face still.

So I call the restaurant the next day to warn the Manager about the soup before other poor patrons make the same mistake I did. I call and ask for the manager and get some jackass named Aramis who says he's the Manager. I tell him to check the soup and asked how old it was. Here was his response almost verbatim: "Oh no sir, I can assure you that the soup is made fresh on a daily basis and we follow strict industry standards on the quality and freshness of their food." I told him that he was full of shit and tell him to go stick his fucking head in the pot and take a fucking whiff. And again he gives me the standard bullshit rebutle. So be warned that that restaurant nor the management give a fuck about your safety. FYI, every time I've had to complain about food, it's never to get freebies. It drives my point home more that I'm fucking serious about my complaint. I've seen friends complain to get free food and I think that's pathetic. I have the money to pay for a good quality meal and am more than happy to pay for it. So this was not some shitty attempt for a refund.

By the way, avoid Nichas mexican kitchen as well. It used to be the old Gringo's restaurant on the NW side off 410. I tried the fish tacos and they had doused it with avacado sauce and cabbage. I took one bite and tasted the fowl taste of rancidness. I spent 10 minutes under the sink rinsing out the taste just so I could leave. Man I gotta stop eating seafood 3 hours away from the nearest fucking ocean.

Blake
12-21-2012, 11:20 PM
I also had a bad experience with my steak at Longhorn.

Then I found it was owned by olive garden/red lobster and the surprise went away

symple19
12-21-2012, 11:25 PM
The wife and I were doing some Christmas shopping on Wednesday at North Star Mall. After fighting all that comes with that hectic shit we were starving and decided to eat at the Longhorn SteakHouse across the street. It's the same place where Benigan's used to be, for those locals. I love seafood and always up for a new seafood dish. So I was intrigued by the Shrimp and Lobster chowder and ordered a bowl. The waitress brings it out and it smells fishy right away. First bad sign and really the only important sign to send it back. But like I said I was starving so a take a small taste. Not bad, next thing I know I eat the bowl full. Well fuck me if I didn't spend the whole fucking night barfing my head off from 9pm til 5am. I'm serious I was dry heaving because I simply was out of fluids. I've got the busted blood cells in my face still.

So I call the restaurant the next day to warn the Manager about the soup before other poor patrons make the same mistake I did. I call and ask for the manager and get some jackass named Aramis who says he's the Manager. I tell him to check the soup and asked how old it was. Here was his response almost verbatim: "Oh no sir, I can assure you that the soup is made fresh on a daily basis and we follow strict industry standards on the quality and freshness of their food." I told him that he was full of shit and tell him to go stick his fucking head in the pot and take a fucking whiff. And again he gives me the standard bullshit rebutle. So be warned that that restaurant nor the management give a fuck about your safety. FYI, every time I've had to complain about food, it's never to get freebies. It drives my point home more that I'm fucking serious about my complaint. I've seen friends complain to get free food and I think that's pathetic. I have the money to pay for a good quality meal and am more than happy to pay for it. So this was not some shitty attempt for a refund.

By the way, avoid Nichas mexican kitchen as well. It used to be the old Gringo's restaurant on the NW side off 410. I tried the fish tacos and they had doused it with avacado sauce and cabbage. I took one bite and tasted the fowl taste of rancidness. I spent 10 minutes under the sink rinsing out the taste just so I could leave. Man I gotta stop eating seafood 3 hours away from the nearest fucking ocean.

:lmao

you stupid fuck. *This smells bad but I'm going to eat it anyway*

:lol busted blood cells in your face

it's too bad you didn't die. They could have wrapped you in a purple sparkle kitty tarp for your funeral

ChumpDumper
12-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Trudy's on Burnet late. Had eaten earlier so just got half an order of migas. Good portion -- no rachero sauce or any sauce at all. Weird. Good drinks. Will have to try their enchiladas to gauge true value of the place, but hovering around a 6/10 for now.

RGMCSE
12-22-2012, 12:07 AM
:lmao

you stupid fuck. *This smells bad but I'm going to eat it anyway*

:lol busted blood cells in your face

it's too bad you didn't die. They could have wrapped you in a purple sparkle kitty tarp for your funeral

Hey fuckstick,
How's the sushi in the Castro district?

symple19
12-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Hey fuckstick,
How's the sushi in the Castro district?

Wouldn't know.

Haven't you learned from going down on your wife that there are dangers involved with eating fishy smelling things?

Capt Bringdown
12-23-2012, 09:22 AM
The waitress brings it out and it smells fishy right away. First bad sign and really the only important sign to send it back. But like I said I was starving so a take a small taste. Not bad, next thing I know I eat the bowl full. Well fuck me if I didn't spend the whole fucking night barfing my head off from 9pm til 5am. I'm serious I was dry heaving because I simply was out of fluids. I've got the busted blood cells in my face still.

Ha! I guess we've all been there, when you're so hungry that you eat something you have doubts about. I know I've done it.
Food poisoning can get very intense, very quickly. I had one 24 version that was trip to hell and back - thought for sure I was going to kick the bucket.

Sal Monella
12-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Ha! I guess we've all been there, when you're so hungry that you eat something you have doubts about. I know I've done it.
Food poisoning can get very intense, very quickly. I had one 24 version that was trip to hell and back - thought for sure I was going to kick the bucket.

I know the feeling.

FYM
12-23-2012, 05:11 PM
The alinea in Chicago. Great experience. 11/10.

Blake
01-25-2013, 07:25 PM
Tried this new place called Kennedy's Chicago Pizza on 281 betw/ Brookhollow & Thousand Oaks. Awful. Apparently this is KCP's second location. Hopefully their last. I give the place six months max.

Just tried it the other day.

atmosphere: 0/5
Price: 1/5
Taste 1/5

Strange thing it was packed when I passed by on Saturday.

It might make it to the two year mark.

Th'Pusher
01-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Mellow Mushroom, it's a franchise and just opened at 1604 and stone Oak. Decent beer selection. Pizza was really good. I had the magical mystery tour which had a pesto base cheese mushrooms and jalapeņos. A little pricey. 7/10

leemajors
01-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Trudy's on Burnet late. Had eaten earlier so just got half an order of migas. Good portion -- no rachero sauce or any sauce at all. Weird. Good drinks. Will have to try their enchiladas to gauge true value of the place, but hovering around a 6/10 for now.

yeah, the food is ho hum but reliable there.

DPG21920
01-26-2013, 11:27 AM
Mellow Mushroom, it's a franchise and just opened at 1604 and stone Oak. Decent beer selection. Pizza was really good. I had the magical mystery tour which had a pesto base cheese mushrooms and jalapeņos. A little pricey. 7/10

MM is pretty damn good. Everything is made fresh. Their pretzel's are really good. Can't eat their too often, but they actually make really good pizza/other items.

Th'Pusher
01-26-2013, 12:31 PM
MM is pretty damn good. Everything is made fresh. Their pretzel's are really good. Can't eat their too often, but they actually make really good pizza/other items.
Yeah, I was impressed with the food but blew the back out of the bowl that evening.

Spur|n|Austin
01-26-2013, 05:26 PM
Jack Allen's Kitchen, they just opened a second location here, and it's just as good as the original. I rate it an 8.5/10.