PDA

View Full Version : Golden eagle tries to attack baby...

KL2
12-19-2012, 04:09 AM
http://youtu.be/f861t_VRhOc

If his dad wasn't there that kid is as good as dead.

Wild Cobra
12-19-2012, 04:45 AM
http://youtu.be/f861t_VRhOc

If his dad wasn't there that kid is as good as dead.
I don't think that's it. I think the baby was just a bit heavy for the eagle.

Greg Oden
12-19-2012, 05:32 AM
eagles should be banned.

Avante
12-19-2012, 05:46 AM
Me and some friends were up at the lake about a year ago, just hanging out drinking beer when a flock of black birds flew on past us. Then we heard this ...whoosh....it was a sparrow hawk making a dfive, he grabbed one of the black birds right out of the sky. We were,..whoa....as he took it over to a little hill to have his lunch. So here comes a legit hawk and attacks the sparrow hawk, obviously the bigger bird prevailed. Too bad nobody had a camera.

AussieFanKurt
12-19-2012, 05:56 AM
Damn, that woulda been a good meal for the eagle

Avante
12-19-2012, 06:00 AM
Damn, that woulda been a good meal for the eagle

What would have been?

AussieFanKurt
12-19-2012, 06:01 AM
What would have been?

the child

Avante
12-19-2012, 06:03 AM
the child

You feeling alright, you don't say stupid shit like that even here. Obviously you don't have any kids. You really are just a kid, huh?

AussieFanKurt
12-19-2012, 06:05 AM
You feeling alright, you don't say stupid shit like that even here. Obviously you don't have any kids. You really are just a kid, huh?

:lol are you serious? Constant racism and you have a cry about this.. harden the fuck up. Not like the kid died

Avante
12-19-2012, 06:17 AM
:lol are you serious? Constant racism and you have a cry about this.. harden the fuck up. Not like the kid died

Racism, try reality.

To imply that you'd be cool with the kid being a meal, sucks. Would you have saved the kid?

AussieFanKurt
12-19-2012, 06:49 AM
Racism, try reality.

So calling black people monkeys isn't racist.. o ok.

Overrated monkey tbh... He just looks human because he plays next to McGee...

fraga
12-19-2012, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't say attacking...more like trying to eat the little fucker...

cantthinkofanything
12-19-2012, 10:20 AM
if the camera guy would have had a gun, this could have easily been avoided

symple19
12-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Awesome, I was cheering for the Eagle

symple19
12-19-2012, 10:22 AM
if the camera guy would have had a gun, this could have easily been avoided

:lol

DarkReign
12-19-2012, 10:28 AM
No offense, but everyone involved is a fucking idiot. Feel sorry for the kid in that his dumbass parents dont know the first damn thing about birds of prey.

We have hawks that circle the field behind my house. I have two dogs, one @ 20 lbs and the other @ 11 lbs. Every time you let them out, you have to look to the sky. Most of the time, you have to stay out there with them.

A small baby, same rules. It isnt so much that they could be carried away, but what if the bird just grabs and attacks without trying to fly away? Do you really want that?

Morons...seriously.

DMC
12-19-2012, 10:29 AM
These type of videos only serve to harden society to violence against children. Not even a week after the slaughter of 20 innocent children, someone posts an attack on a child as if it's entertainment. These things need to be banned.

DMC
12-19-2012, 10:31 AM
So calling black people monkeys isn't racist.. o ok.

Why is is racist? It's only offensive to people who think blacks came from monkeys. I happen to know about evolution and how we are all the same species.

cantthinkofanything
12-19-2012, 10:31 AM
These type of videos only serve to harden society to violence against children. Not even a week after the slaughter of 20 innocent children, someone posts an attack on a child as if it's entertainment. These things need to be banned.

it's just a set up to ban falconing. can you imagine the damage someone could inflict by running multiple falcons?

mrsmaalox
12-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Looks more like an osprey than a golden eagle.

DMC
12-19-2012, 10:37 AM
it's just a set up to ban falconing. can you imagine the damage someone could inflict by running multiple falcons?

As a side note, my friend is a falconer and they have to start with hawks. He had to capture his own hawk. He had it for a while, but it's a mutual partnership and the hawk reserves the right to scram when he's no longer interested, and they do. Btw, they shit like a feces cannon, like 10 feet of white bird shit. Peter North of the birds.

cantthinkofanything
12-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Looks more like an osprey than a golden eagle.

I knew it. Fucking racists with their stereotypes.

JudynTX
12-19-2012, 10:58 AM
So a bird was just acting like a bird?

cantthinkofanything
12-19-2012, 10:59 AM
So a bird was just acting like a bird?

no. It acted crazy, like it was on drugs (maybe antidepressants or possible crack), and attacked a baby who was disguised as meat.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-19-2012, 11:04 AM
no. It acted crazy, like it was on drugs (maybe antidepressants or possible crack), and attacked a baby who was disguised as meat.

Had to be fucked up on bird bath salts.

Trill Clinton
12-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Had to be fucked up on bird bath salts.

lol

jag
12-19-2012, 11:14 AM
No offense, but everyone involved is a fucking idiot. Feel sorry for the kid in that his dumbass parents dont know the first damn thing about birds of prey.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there aren't too many parents with a sophisticated understanding of birds of prey. I'll go further and suggest that since the late 1600's, even fewer parents have ever needed to be aware of said "birds of prey" potentially eating their children.

cantthinkofanything
12-19-2012, 11:14 AM
lol

for real. SFIE is one funny ninja

cantthinkofanything
12-19-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there aren't too many parents with a sophisticated understanding of birds of prey. I'll go further and suggest that since the late 1600's, even fewer parents have ever needed to be aware of said "birds of prey" potentially eating their children.

LMAO. Word. But he still gonna get blame when he gets home.

"You let our son get attacked by a hawk??!?!?! Why weren't you watching him???"

Trill Clinton
12-19-2012, 11:19 AM
for real. SFIE is one funny ninja

yea he is.

ya'll crack me up.

this thread is pretty funny.

CuckingFunt
12-19-2012, 11:30 AM
That eagle is going to spend the rest of his life bragging to all his eagle friends about the one that got away.

cantthinkofanything
12-19-2012, 11:31 AM
That eagle is going to spend the rest of his life bragging to all his eagle friends about the one that got away.

yeah...but then his "friends" will accuse him of being a pedo

Trill Clinton
12-19-2012, 11:34 AM
*waits for someone to make a golden eagle alias*

cantthinkofanything
12-19-2012, 11:38 AM
*waits for someone to make a golden eagle alias*

LMAO. And for him to already have 47 posts and have been a member of ST for a year or so.

Trill Clinton
12-19-2012, 11:43 AM
LMAO. And for him to already have 47 posts and have been a member of ST for a year or so.
:lmao hell yea

Spurstro
12-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Looks like it's fake... http://gawker.com/5969701/all-the-reasons-that-baby+snatching-eagle-video-is-fake?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_twitter&utm_source=gawker_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

DarkReign
12-19-2012, 12:05 PM

Well, to me, if a bald eagle can snatch and carry a dog ~10lbs, I'd be worried about leaving my toddler perusing the yard unattended with one in the air. My dogs are routinely circled every summer day by large birds, and they get closer and closer and closer and lower and lower.... Maybe my leap in logic to a human baby is fallacy, but it isnt something I would risk.

cantthinkofanything
12-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Well, to me, if a bald eagle can snatch and carry a dog ~10lbs, I'd be worried about leaving my toddler perusing the yard unattended with one in the air. My dogs are routinely circled every summer day by large birds, and they get closer and closer and closer and lower and lower.... Maybe my leap in logic to a human baby is fallacy, but it isnt something I would risk.

sure. But you've got some experience with the birds circling your dogs. You've got to make the assumption that if the dad or cameraman had any experience with birds of prey picking up dogs or attacking them, they would have been more careful and aware of the potential.

assuming the video is real

jag
12-19-2012, 12:31 PM
I will say this... the first time I watched it I thought it was strange how gently the bird grasped the little bastard. The talons aren't just for holding onto their prey, they are also used to maim and potentially kill prey on impact. Those niggas can drop out of the sky at close to 200 MPH. The impact alone can be deadly for smaller prey, especially when the talons are used to puncture the skull. They can also use their talons to break the backs of larger prey during impact. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if it was fake because he picked that baby up like he was a stork trying to make a delivery.

If I just dropped serious knowledge on you, then take that with you forever, watch the skies and guard your children.

cantthinkofanything
12-19-2012, 12:36 PM
I will say this... the first time I watched it I thought it was strange how gently the bird grasped the little bastard. The talons aren't just for holding onto their prey, they are also used to maim and potentially kill prey on impact. Those niggas can drop out of the sky at close to 200 MPH. The impact alone can be deadly for smaller prey, especially when the talons are used to puncture the skull. They can also use their talons to break the backs of larger prey during impact. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if it was fake because he picked that baby up like he was a stork trying to make a delivery.

If I just dropped serious knowledge on you, then take that with you forever, watch the skies and guard your children.

200 mph. Fuck. But if one was coming at me, I'd probably load up a spinning back kick for the mother fucker. 200 mph meet 200 mph. Verdict? Exploded bird your honor.
Sentence? I need a new pair of kicks.

Wild Cobra
12-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Why is is racist? It's only offensive to people who think blacks came from monkeys. I happen to know about evolution and how we are all the same species.
Racism is in the eye of the beholder, and usually wrong.

Chomag
12-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Ban golden eagles?

Wild Cobra
12-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Ban golden eagles?
No, the libtards would never ask for that. Wildlife is more important than babies. Libtards never met a mother that they didn't say was OK to abort her baby.

cantthinkofanything
12-19-2012, 02:27 PM
No, the libtards would never ask for that. Wildlife is more important than babies. Libtards never met a mother that they didn't say was OK to abort her baby.

you and Boutons are like Heat Miser and Cold Miser. Different...but very much the same.

Drachen
12-19-2012, 02:30 PM
you and Boutons are like Heat Miser and Cold Miser. Different...but very much the same.

They have far more in common with each other than their supposed political "side".

blizz
12-19-2012, 08:35 PM
It was fake dumbasses. <\thread>

Heath Ledger
12-20-2012, 10:06 AM
You guys got trolled hard.

resistanze
12-20-2012, 10:12 AM
:lol they interviewed the 4 students who made this video on the local news last night. They're from Montreal, doing a school project on creating viral videos.

DMC
12-20-2012, 10:40 AM
You guys got trolled hard.

lol seller of shitty flea market knives not realizing almost every post in this thread was a troll.

DMC
12-20-2012, 10:41 AM
200 mph. Fuck. But if one was coming at me, I'd probably load up a spinning back kick for the mother fucker. 200 mph meet 200 mph. Verdict? Exploded bird your honor.

lol

ChumpDumper
12-20-2012, 01:53 PM
These guys will be making car insurance and light beer commercials in 2013.

TimDunkem
12-20-2012, 02:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yFtfY.gif

ErnestLynch
12-20-2012, 03:26 PM
I wonder if baby was hurt ? Even if it was unable to carry it off, eagles have about 100 times the gripping power of a full grown owl. Very powerful birds.

Oh I see it fake video. Never mind. Anyway, I was watching show about Owls the other day. It said it's the only animal that exists in every country on the planet.

cantthinkofanything
12-20-2012, 04:16 PM
I wonder if baby was hurt ? Even if it was unable to carry it off, eagles have about 100 times the gripping power of a full grown owl. Very powerful birds.

Oh I see it fake video. Never mind. Anyway, I was watching show about Owls the other day. It said it's the only animal that exists in every country on the planet.

100 times?? Holy shit. If that fucker grabbed me, I'd flex my chest muscles and break the shit out of his talons. Verdict? double amputee your highness Sentence? one eagle talon necklace for the kid on the angle tree

silverblk mystix
12-20-2012, 05:01 PM

Says the racist who routinely uses -b#@ner - in his posts. :lmao

Wild Cobra
12-21-2012, 07:55 AM
100 times?

I doubt that much more. Owls can grip pretty damn hard. I caught a sick wild one once, nursed it back to health.