PDA

View Full Version : They are obviously tired and injuries are catching up but

Horse
12-19-2012, 01:39 PM
I really believe they are bored at this point of the season. Had they had half the focus they had in the fourth through the whole game they would've blown out the nuggets. I'm not worried, Kawhi will be back soon and they have a few home games to get right.

Johnsyounger
12-19-2012, 03:45 PM
I concur.

racm
12-19-2012, 07:46 PM
The Spurs performance post All-Star break matters more than their performance in December assuming all other things hold equal.

McGusto55
12-19-2012, 10:44 PM
I agree ..everybodys freakin out talkin trade this guy for this guy..just calm down there be fine I think this is good for them last two years they didn't do this and we didn't win anything. The years we won we had two or three losing streaks.They're be fine...

Sean Cagney
12-20-2012, 12:13 AM
I agree ..everybodys freakin out talkin trade this guy for this guy..just calm down there be fine I think this is good for them last two years they didn't do this and we didn't win anything. The years we won we had two or three losing streaks.They're be fine...

I agree they will be fine, but as in what fine? Title run fine? Who knows but I would love for them to make another deep run. I doubt they win a title again soon, but a part of me wants them to get that #5 like no other.

SpurPadre
12-20-2012, 12:17 AM
I agree they will be fine, but as in what fine? Title run fine? Who knows but I would love for them to make another deep run. I doubt they win a title again soon, but a part of me wants them to get that #5 like no other.

ONLY a part of you? So another part of you wants them to fail again?

timtonymanu
12-20-2012, 12:22 AM
Darn. Horse almost made a good thread, but killed it with the "They're bored" excuse.

Sean Cagney
12-20-2012, 02:51 AM
ONLY a part of you? So another part of you wants them to fail again?

No reality tells me they will not win it all this year, the heart wants it, the head tells me that ship sailed in 07 or so........... Lets be real they are not winning it all this year barring a huge run bigger than last years 20 game or so run or a trade. I can't will them to win, this is reality here. Part of me is hope, part of me is reality and I know they won't win it all this year.

therealtruth
12-20-2012, 09:59 AM
No reality tells me they will not win it all this year, the heart wants it, the head tells me that ship sailed in 07 or so........... Lets be real they are not winning it all this year barring a huge run bigger than last years 20 game or so run or a trade. I can't will them to win, this is reality here. Part of me is hope, part of me is reality and I know they won't win it all this year.

If Duncan can put up numbers like he did against Denver and Tiago/Diaw are solid and we get decent guard play it should be possible. We really got to get healthy and get everyone playing well at the same time.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-20-2012, 10:15 AM

Well they might not be the favorites, even with a trade, but they certainly have a chance to do it. If they can stay healthy and bring their A game in the playoffs then it's possible. That's all we can hope for. Realistically no team can be a clear favorite without a Top 3 NBA player and the Spurs don't have that anymore.

Phenomanul
12-20-2012, 11:36 AM
^^^ The 2004 Pistons didn't have a Top 3 NBA player... (granted they had a Top 5 - All-Time defensive unit)....

Horse
12-20-2012, 01:32 PM
C'mon you don't think a team that was 2 wins away from the finals last season, easily makes the playoffs every year and has four rings doesn't get a little bored with the reg season?

benefactor
12-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Darn. Horse almost made a good thread, but killed it with the "They're bored" excuse.
The only thing Horse makes good are the powdered sugar drawings on his table after filling his fatness with a dozen and a half.

Sean Cagney
12-21-2012, 01:05 AM
^^^ The 2004 Pistons didn't have a Top 3 NBA player... (granted they had a Top 5 - All-Time defensive unit)....

BINGO.........We might have a better O but their D was an elite level.
If Duncan can put up numbers like he did against Denver and Tiago/Diaw are solid and we get decent guard play it should be possible. We really got to get healthy and get everyone playing well at the same time.

Thats a big IF.. Will it happen? I hope but thats a few things that need to align there. Last year the stars nearly aligned to get back to the finals and they fell short. This year Memphis is stronger and the LAC will be tougher as well. LAL I have no clue yet but I hope they stay down and don't go on a run because they can be a problem.

timtonymanu
12-21-2012, 02:14 AM
The only thing Horse makes good are the powdered sugar drawings on his table after filling his fatness with a dozen and a half.

:lol