PDA

View Full Version : Houston getting largest scoreboard in pro sports

djohn2oo8
12-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Gotta get det super bowl

Houston Texans

✔@HoustonTexans

Harris County Sports & Convention Corporation just approved enlarging the Reliant Stadium video display board (http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=230655&page=6#), making it the biggest in TX.

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans (https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans) New display boards at Reliant Stadium will be largest in NFL or MLB, & widest display in pro sports. It'll be wider than wing span of a 747

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans (https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans)
Facts on new display boards coming to Reliant Stadium: 14,549 square ft of display surface, image area will be 52.49 ft high, 277.17 ft wide

benefactor
12-19-2012, 06:27 PM
HTown with the one-upping Jerrah goods

baseline bum
12-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Who the fuck cares? There's still nothing to do in Houston other than get a lap dance or get shot.

benefactor
12-19-2012, 06:46 PM
As djohn said, they are trying for another Superbowl sooner than later. It's a money move more than anything.

Blake
12-20-2012, 12:10 AM
luv ya blue

Blake
12-20-2012, 12:17 AM
http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/5190238/homepage/name/homepage.jpg?type=sn

Made for det big tv, imo

Floyd Pacquiao
12-20-2012, 01:22 AM
off topic sort of: the rockets scoreboard looks like a mini version of the cowboys scoreboard.

spurs1990
12-20-2012, 01:29 AM
Wow are you guys all Houston Oilers fans or just dig the paraphernalia?

benefactor
12-20-2012, 08:23 AM
Yup...watched the collapse to the Bills on live TV. Defining sports moment.

leemajors
12-20-2012, 08:30 AM
I saw that one too, usually always watched the Oilers if they were not on at same time as Boys.

VBM
12-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Who the fuck cares? There's still nothing to do in Houston other than get a lap dance or get shot.

Ain't even worth getting a lap dance now that they castrated Treasures

leemajors
12-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Unlike the Cowboys Stadium display, which has essentially the dimensions of a television and is solely used for replay, the Reliant Stadium boards are wide and flat—basically a display wall. Only a portion will be used for video, the rest for ads.

InRareForm
12-20-2012, 12:55 PM
good stuff

leemajors
12-20-2012, 12:56 PM
good stuff

if it's more than 50% ads, it's a fail

benefactor
12-20-2012, 01:16 PM
That would suck...but it wouldn't be a fail from a financial perspective if it gets them a Superbowl. Hopefully it's not though.

Creepn
12-20-2012, 02:51 PM

Lol you hanging with the wrong people then. Went there for a week last summer, went to this one strip club where they basically legalized weed in there. Jermaine Dupre was in there with his girl Mya making it rain on them hoes. I felt like I was in a music video. Never seen anything like it. Shit like that never happens in San Antonio, I tell ya that.

Felt like I was going to get shot though.

FkLA
12-20-2012, 03:40 PM
This reeks of little brother syndrome tbh. Lol at bragging about these 'display boards' being :cry bigger than the cowboys:cry:

http://www.houstontexans.com/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/In_Story_Photos_400_190/stad-400-190.jpg

...when the Cowboys have this:

http://digitizd.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/dallas-cowboys-stadium-trapasso.jpg

baseline bum
12-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Lol you hanging with the wrong people then. Went there for a week last summer, went to this one strip club where they basically legalized weed in there. Jermaine Dupre was in there with his girl Mya making it rain on them hoes. I felt like I was in a music video. Never seen anything like it. Shit like that never happens in San Antonio, I tell ya that.

Watching some dumbass piss his money away like a retard is supposed to make me want to go to Houston?

djohn2oo8
12-20-2012, 06:17 PM
This reeks of little brother syndrome tbh. Lol at bragging about these 'display boards' being :cry bigger than the cowboys:cry:

http://www.houstontexans.com/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/In_Story_Photos_400_190/stad-400-190.jpg

...when the Cowboys have this:

http://digitizd.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/dallas-cowboys-stadium-trapasso.jpg

No dumbass. They're doing it to put in a bid for the super bowl.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-20-2012, 07:09 PM

Wasn't J.D. (and Nelly) in the scrip club with Pacman the night Pac's bodyguard shot a bouncer :lol

Bill_Brasky
12-20-2012, 07:28 PM

That's pretty long winded. You could have just said "I chose lap dance".

baseline bum
12-20-2012, 07:41 PM

You're going to get a really shitty lap dance for your $20 when some dumbass is going n****r with his money by the stage tbh.

benefactor
12-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Perhaps he will understand it this time since it was said to him directly..................................probably not.

Creepn
12-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Watching some dumbass piss his money away like a retard is supposed to make me want to go to Houston?

Why should I care if he chooses to piss his money away? I'm not his accountant. Just saying crazy experiences awaits in Houston if you aren't a chump. Dupree was throwing so much cash away, I'm talking bricks after bricks of cash, to the point to where the whole club was floating with Bills. You could literally reach out and grab a few. You ever been in shit like that? Where bills are just floating around you like snow?

Creepn
12-20-2012, 09:24 PM

Fuck that, I was stuffing my pockets.

Creepn
12-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Wasn't J.D. (and Nelly) in the scrip club with Pacman the night Pac's bodyguard shot a bouncer :lol

Man Dok, I wouldn't be surprised. His entourage looked like people who'd be happy to shoot a nigga because they think they could get away with it under Dupree. People were scared to even touch the floating Bills around their heads.

Trill Clinton
12-20-2012, 10:11 PM

onyx?

FkLA
12-20-2012, 10:45 PM

I heard about this yesterday on the radio tbh. Heard there was a tweet on the Texans twitter specifically saying it was bigger than the Cowboys, not sure if thats legit or not though. Either way pretty sure that bene isnt the only dumbass Houston fan that brought up the Cowboys when they heard this news. Classic little brother syndrome imo.

Perhaps he will understand it this time since it was said to him directly..................................probably not.

HTown with the one-upping Jerrah goods.

baseline bum
12-20-2012, 10:52 PM
Why should I care if he chooses to piss his money away? I'm not his accountant. Just saying crazy experiences awaits in Houston if you aren't a chump. Dupree was throwing so much cash away, I'm talking bricks after bricks of cash, to the point to where the whole club was floating with Bills. You could literally reach out and grab a few. You ever been in shit like that? Where bills are just floating around you like snow?

So how many bills did you grab and how many slugs did you catch in the parking lot for doing so?

FkLA
12-20-2012, 11:21 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img854/3453/hahare.png

:lol

Creepn
12-20-2012, 11:23 PM
onyx?

Don't remember. Was drunk as fuck. It was a huge joint with pillars in the front. Like A palladium or something.

benefactor
12-21-2012, 06:37 AM
HTown with the one-upping Jerrah goods.
And then you can find the serious statement one post later.

benefactor
12-21-2012, 06:45 AM
Oh...and I agree that pointing it out on the twitter feed that it's bigger than Dallas' board is lame. No reason to play Aggie with Dallas anymore. Houston is fielding a much better product and looks like they will continue to for the forseeable future.

Trill Clinton
12-21-2012, 11:19 AM
Don't remember. Was drunk as fuck. It was a huge joint with pillars in the front. Like A palladium or something.

oh aight.

its been a while since i've been to onyx but i dont remember it being huge.

it was about the same size as sugars.

it was damn near how you described.

i felt like i was in heaven with all dat ass scattered around.