PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Harden's ability to get to the line

Old Greg
12-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Haven't seen much of him this year. He had 15 FTAs tonight, is he legit or being bailed out by the refs?

Malik Hairston
12-19-2012, 10:19 PM
He draws cheap fouls that exploit the post-2005 NBA rules, see: Durant, Westbrook, Martin..

JamStone
12-19-2012, 10:27 PM
I'd guess pretty legit. He was good at getting to the foul line at OKC too. He just had fewer touches because he was a third option. He attacks the basket, has good handles, has a strong upper body, and forced contact. That will get you to the free throw line a lot.

Malik Hairston
12-19-2012, 10:39 PM
I'd guess pretty legit. He was good at getting to the foul line at OKC too. He just had fewer touches because he was a third option. He attacks the basket, has good handles, has a strong upper body, and forced contact. That will get you to the free throw line a lot.

All true, but Harden tries to draw fouls, as opposed to trying to score most of the time, which is a trait shared by the players I named in the previous post..he has mastered the move in which he holds the ball out in front of him and throw his arms up into the defender's reach..

Reeko_Htown
12-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Sounds like He learned a lot of that from Duncan

monosylab1k
12-20-2012, 09:30 AM
All true, but Harden tries to draw fouls, as opposed to trying to score most of the time, which is a trait shared by the players I named in the previous post..he has mastered the move in which he holds the ball out in front of him and throw his arms up into the defender's reach..

:tu just like Durant he relies on a gimmick to draw fouls. But if the refs give it to you, it would be dumb to stop.

monosylab1k
12-20-2012, 09:32 AM
tbh one of the few legit fouls Harden has gotten is the elbow to the back of his head, and even then he was trying to crowd Artest and probably flop if Metta hadn't gone HAM on him first.