PDA

View Full Version : Jacque Vaughn doin' work

Stump
12-19-2012, 11:16 PM
So as most of you know, former Spur Jacque Vaughn took the head coaching job a few months ago for the Orlando Magic. Although I was thrilled for him, I figured he was going to have a tough time leading a team in such a miserable situation. Right after his arrival, the FO traded Dwight Howard away for trash. That basically left a roster devoid of any stars to build around.

Now let's fast-forward to today. 25 games into Vaughn's first season as a head coach, the Magic are 12-13! :wow Seriously, did anybody think this team could compete for a playoff spot?

Should we be looking at Vaughn as a potential head coach replacement for when Pop retires? I can’t give much insight into his style, but I remember reading somewhere that he was more of a motivator type than an Xs and Os guy.

Discuss.

playblair
12-19-2012, 11:47 PM
yes...... but coach bud will get the job for being loyal .......

Malik Hairston
12-20-2012, 12:00 AM
He's very similar to Pop, stylistically, even during press conferences..very similar demeanor, tbh..

He's the only competent Black coach in the NBA, tbh..

SpursIndonesia
12-20-2012, 12:09 AM
He's very similar to Pop, stylistically, even during press conferences..very similar demeanor, tbh..

I think Alvin Gentry isn't bad, dunno. Vaughn always strikes me as a player who make it out of the league by using much of his brain than his physical talent or skill level, and his psyche is the complete opposite of another lil general turn coach, Avery Johnson, IMHO.

exstatic
12-20-2012, 01:18 AM
yes...... but coach bud will get the job for being loyal .......

Doubt that very much.

sananspursfan21
12-20-2012, 01:30 AM

forgot doc rivers was white

Stabula
12-20-2012, 02:29 AM
Doubt that very much. Why? I've always thought of Bud as Pop's heir apparent. He takes over whenever Pop, for whatever reason, is unable to assume the role of head coach.

jimbo
12-20-2012, 02:37 AM

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Portland+Trail+Blazers+v+New+York+Knicks+Jgqkns49m KXl.jpg

99 Problems
12-20-2012, 02:49 AM
Articulates well, impressive to listen to when interviewed, good communicator and rapid NBA rise which the smart money was onto early.

racm
12-20-2012, 03:39 AM
Ironically he's in the exact same situation Doc Rivers was in when he debuted as head coach. Rivers took a Magic team that had let go of Shaq and Penny and led them to .500 and the 8th seed, winning Coach of the Year in the process.

TrainOfThought5
12-20-2012, 05:50 AM

Are u fucking kidding me??

temujin
12-20-2012, 08:05 AM
Intelligent, defensive-minded PGs usually make very good coaches.
Personally speaking, they make well in a lot of other jobs.

Leetonidas
12-20-2012, 08:31 AM
forgot doc rivers was white

Doc Rivers blows and owes his entire rep to Tom Thibbideau

AussieFanKurt
12-20-2012, 08:42 AM

This. Doc is massively overrated. Wow won a ring with allen, garnett and pierce among others.. what a hard task. I could do it

sananspursfan21
12-20-2012, 11:13 AM

haha, kind of agree. i just really wanted to say that tbh