PDA

View Full Version : Feedback request for Jazz Fusion, World Music Lovers...

urunobili
12-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Hey Guys;

I wonder if i can get your feedback on a music tune I just released (not many of you know that I'm a part time musician in my spare time) that for the first time, I feel that the level of the music is worth distributing internationally (currently available on iTunes and amazon mp3 etc).

The vibe of this one tune is Jazz Fusion - World Music etc. The rest of the album (Being Sound)

Below you'll see the link to listen to it on YouTube and you can find me by name/last name on Facebook and/or Soundcloud etc.
I hope to hear form you all and please be blunt and honest if you don't think I should be wasting my time on music and just go back to my 8 hour shift work instead (as a Sports blogger wanna be I suck :P).

If you like it, feel free to share it or do whatever you want with it :)

Thanks to you all!
urunobili

iDBQgYofc7w

Spur-Addict
12-20-2012, 04:05 PM
I think it's a well put together piece. I'm a jazz lover, so if you have other tracks along these lines, i'd definetly have interest in hearing them.

Trill Clinton
12-20-2012, 04:18 PM
we have a jazz fanatic here who could give you a fair critique.
Avante

silverblk mystix
12-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Pretty decent stuff and it should do well out in the world for people who love that genre.

Some small but noticeable bones to pick;

#1)The guitar solo went slightly off key at the 5:40-5:44 mark...I don't know if you caught it too late - or if you caught it and decided it is a minor thing and just left it - or if you never caught it but it is there.

#2) I would also advise the guitarist to work on their vibrato technique since a lot of notes just seem to die after being picked. I understand --if you are coming from a jazz point of view of not using vibrato - but this solo didn't seem like strict jazz to me due to the overdrive and the phrasing.

What do you play?

Also, pm me and I will give you a link of my release on itunes if you are interested.

Overall- very good stuff that I think will appeal to a lot of world/fusion/jazz lovers - IMO - fwiw- ymmv - etc...

Props & :toast

p.s. IMO - don't trip on making this your life and leaving a job. Just let the market dictate what it is worth and keep working until you don't need the paycheck at all. My itunes stuff has been a blessing and I am thrilled when I hear someone on the other side of the planet writing to me and telling me what my music has meant to them. Pretty much makes it all worthwhile.

Cheers!

urunobili
12-20-2012, 06:49 PM
thanks everybody for the comments! This is really helpful and what I was looking forward to getting!

Spur-Addict I'll be releasing more tracks soon! :) I want to nail some sales of the full album on the online digital stores before i put it all for free on my site :)

silverblk mystix I'm the guitarist there ;) I'm not really sure I find anything out of key but i'll take the compliment. Also, I don't think necessarilly it's a lack of sustain in my guitar (it's an Ibanez GB-10) but I like spacy breathing breaks as the melody develops. Call me a Miles Davis wannabe :P I could have made longer notes if wanted but it wasn't the effect I was looking for. Even with the OD on it, it doesn't mean that it isn't Jazz (think John Scofield :P)

urunobili
12-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Avante

Thanks Trill. Hopefully we'll hear from Avante soon! :D

urunobili
12-20-2012, 06:51 PM
I think it's a well put together piece. I'm a jazz lover, so if you have other tracks along these lines, i'd definetly have interest in hearing them.

More of my previous Jazz releases on my SoundCloud page! (forgot to include that in the first response :D) http://soundcloud.com/rodrigocotelo

Woo Bum-kon
12-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483)

Blues, not Jazz.

silverblk mystix
12-20-2012, 07:33 PM
thanks everybody for the comments! This is really helpful and what I was looking forward to getting!

Spur-Addict (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12803) I'll be releasing more tracks soon! :) I want to nail some sales of the full album on the online digital stores before i put it all for free on my site :)

silverblk mystix (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=18982) I'm the guitarist there ;) I'm not really sure I find anything out of key but i'll take the compliment. Also, I don't think necessarilly it's a lack of sustain in my guitar (it's an Ibanez GB-10) but I like spacy breathing breaks as the melody develops. Call me a Miles Davis wannabe :P I could have made longer notes if wanted but it wasn't the effect I was looking for. Even with the OD on it, it doesn't mean that it isn't Jazz (think John Scofield :P)

Cool playing, bro!

Right at 5:43 that note goes off key and then goes back to the right key.

What I mean about the notes is this...

When the note has been picked and is starting to trail off...it just dies...
Vibrato is the little "wiggling" of the note as it trails off (not re-picking it - )...that vibrato/wiggling gives it a nicer and more emotional sound IMO -- but if it isn't your thing - I understand. Listen to some hendrix or any blues or blues rock player and you will hear it. It can sound so cool, so gorgeous. Listen to Billy Gibbons -Blue Jean Blues or Jimi Hendrix -Red House and it is all over the place.

Either way, cool sounds and great vibe. :toast

Trill Clinton
12-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Hey Guys;

I wonder if i can get your feedback on a music tune I just released (not many of you know that I'm a part time musician in my spare time) that for the first time, I feel that the level of the music is worth distributing internationally (currently available on iTunes and amazon mp3 etc).

The vibe of this one tune is Jazz Fusion - World Music etc. The rest of the album (Being Sound)

Below you'll see the link to listen to it on YouTube and you can find me by name/last name on Facebook and/or Soundcloud etc.
I hope to hear form you all and please be blunt and honest if you don't think I should be wasting my time on music and just go back to my 8 hour shift work instead (as a Sports blogger wanna be I suck :P).

If you like it, feel free to share it or do whatever you want with it :)

Thanks to you all!
urunobili

iDBQgYofc7w

alright, man. i was finally able to listen to your song.

i like it.

what instrument do you play?

whoever is on the keyboard/piano is a beast.

urunobili
12-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Thanks a lot Trill! I play guitar on the tune. :) the piano players name is Ignacio Labrada.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-20-2012, 11:58 PM
not bad. good playing, good production. drummer is solid. but i don't really consider this jazz fusion. to me, it's more like smooth jazz. i can definitely hear david munoz's voice over this and complimenting each other. jazz fusion is more like return to forever, mahavishnu orchestra, weather report, steps ahead or brecker brothers. good stuff though.

urunobili
12-21-2012, 09:29 AM
not bad. good playing, good production. drummer is solid. but i don't really consider this jazz fusion. to me, it's more like smooth jazz. i can definitely hear david munoz's voice over this and complimenting each other. jazz fusion is more like return to forever, mahavishnu orchestra, weather report, steps ahead or brecker brothers. good stuff though.

Thanks for your input Viva. The overall album is Jazz Fusion. This tune is difficult to categorize since it's based on a Uruguayan rhythm called "Candombe" but taken to a Fusion context :)

TeyshaBlue
12-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Very nice, dude. Bout the only nit I could pick is the arrangement is a little static from a dynamic standpoint...kinda wish it would cool down a bit now and again. Pretty sweet keyboard chops and solid mix. Thought the guit tone @ 5:00 was a bit boxy for the slickness of the rest of the tones...but that's just a preference thing. Nice tuneage.

urunobili
12-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Very nice, dude. Bout the only nit I could pick is the arrangement is a little static from a dynamic standpoint...kinda wish it would cool down a bit now and again. Pretty sweet keyboard chops and solid mix. Thought the guit tone @ 5:00 was a bit boxy for the slickness of the rest of the tones...but that's just a preference thing. Nice tuneage.

Thanks for your feedback Teysha!