PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Waive James Anderson (Update: Signs three-year deal with Rockets)

Spurs Brazil
12-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Spurs Waive James Anderson
Dec. 20, 2012
SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have waived James Anderson.

Anderson was signed by the Spurs on Nov. 21 and saw action in 10 games, averaging 3.4 points and 1.4 rebounds in 9.4 minutes.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/121220_spurs_waive_james_anderson

monkeypunk
12-20-2012, 04:04 PM
:depressed

I know it makes room for another player but he seemed to be making progress in learning how to play within the confines of his feet issues and I was rooting for him. Defense is what will keep him a job in this league and I hope he makes that a focus.

Best of luck to you James!

:toast

Stabula
12-20-2012, 04:08 PM
Was his foot injury something that will forever impair him?

Brunodf
12-20-2012, 04:09 PM
:(

crc21209
12-20-2012, 04:11 PM
Well that didn't take long. I thought he would be good insurance in one of our wings went down in the future again, but I guess there wasn't any room for him anymore...

TD 21
12-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Defense is not what will keep him in the league; shot making will. He lacks the physical tools to ever be anything more than a neutral defender and he's not skilled enough to be a creator on offense. Therefore, he needs to shoot at least mid-high 30's from three to stick.

He may have shown enough to get picked up elsewhere at some point, but if not, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him brought back, whether it's post trade dead line or in the off season.

Raven
12-20-2012, 04:21 PM
well, it was expected.. hopefully he goes unclaimed and we sign him for the D league. Not sure if i am right on the process though.

Paranoid Pop
12-20-2012, 04:22 PM
:depressed

I know it makes room for another player but he seemed to be making progress in learning how to play within the confines of his feet issues and I was rooting for him. Defense is what will keep him a job in this league and I hope he makes that a focus.

Best of luck to you James!

:toast

I am also sad to see him go for good probably this time. Great guy and imo definitely has the talent to make it. I think someone like Green got here at the right time and got lucky that way, of course he also made the best out of the opportunity with his hard work but I really feel like Anderson got unlucky with his injury first and then with the guards situation when he came back.

His baskeball instincts I feel are superiors to several of our players, his talent for shotblocking and playmaking was proof of that imo.

8FOR!3
12-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Defense is not what will keep him in the league; shot making will. He lacks the physical tools to ever be anything more than a neutral defender and he's not skilled enough to be a creator on offense. Therefore, he needs to shoot at least mid-high 30's from three to stick.

He may have shown enough to get picked up elsewhere at some point, but if not, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him brought back, whether it's post trade dead line or in the off season.

It's hard to watch his college footage and say he's not skilled enough to create his own shot.

loveforthegame
12-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Bummer. Really liked what I saw from him. Best of luck to him.

Wonder if the Spurs use the last spot on a big now??

weebo
12-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Green and Blair should've left with him.

DPG21920
12-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Bummer. Really liked what I saw from him. Best of luck to him.

Wonder if the Spurs use the last spot on a big now??

It looks as if the plan all along was just use JA as a stop gap with Kawhi/Jack out. He made sense, as others have mentioned, because he would be up to speed automatically due to his familiarity with the Spurs system. Unless there was some magical huge improvement (which, don't get me wrong, he played pretty damn well) the Spurs were going to let him go regardless when Jack and Kawhi were healthy which is what you are seeing now.

Not just because of already having 14 roster spots, but because it's still so early they didn't want to lose the flexibility. This move isn't a precursor in and of itself, but since it's so early the Spurs likely wanted the flexibility in case something came along. If you don't have that flexibility you somewhat handcuff yourself. If this were later in the year I would imagine JA probably would have been kept (but that's pure speculation on my part).

DPG21920
12-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Green and Blair should've left with him.

Don't be so quick to give up on either...especially Danny. Blair looks a lot more shaky and he should be out of the rotation for now, but he's proven he can be productive when healthy (which looks like he's not). Danny can be a fine player, but he's watched with a disapproving eye by many because of expectation. He's paid like an average decent role player and those guys all have a lot of holes/inconsistencies as well. I have confidence in Danny because he's a hard worker, has his mind right and shows flashes of doing the things that good role players do.

lefty
12-20-2012, 04:42 PM
ALready posted in the KL thread :lol

Stump
12-20-2012, 04:45 PM
The last few weeks have definitely improved JA's stock. He'll get another shot in the NBA.

Dex
12-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Poor guy. Probably getting real sick of being rejected by the Spurs. :lol

Chris
12-20-2012, 05:35 PM
How long before Dallas signs him?

justinandimcool
12-20-2012, 05:37 PM
poor guy. I hope he has a thick skin, it looked like he really liked being a part of the team unlike last year. Sucks to be released like trash twice by the same team. The business part of the sport really sucks.

gameFACE
12-20-2012, 05:43 PM
How long before Dallas signs him?
:lol No shit. There should be an All "Former Spur/Dallas Maverick" Team

hooperflash
12-20-2012, 05:50 PM
it seems like y'all didn't read the Kawhi returns thread 2hrs ago where it stated JA was gone.

DapDaGenius
12-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Well since Kawhi is back that makes sense. But I still feel bad for the guy. If Jax gets injured again, they should test out bringing someone else up.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Expected this tbh.

Bill_Brasky
12-20-2012, 06:35 PM
He looked decent and noticeably better this time around. However, we just have too many wing players now that everyone is healthy. Here's to hoping he winds up in a good environment where he can get good coaching and a real shot at cracking the rotation. Orlando seems like a good place for him.

benefactor
12-20-2012, 06:38 PM
poor guy. I hope he has a thick skin, it looked like he really liked being a part of the team unlike last year. Sucks to be released like trash twice by the same team. The business part of the sport really sucks.
Indeed. If you are a fringe player and you don't have thick skin you are better off just heading to Europe.

Johnsyounger
12-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Making room for a trade.

Bruno
12-20-2012, 07:13 PM
He looked good enough to be an end of the bench NBA player. Now, Spurs didn't need a 10th perimeter player. JA wasn't worth Spurs using their last roster and the little money they had below the tax threshold on him.

Hopefully for JA, his good performances with Spurs will have been noticed by another team that isn't as deep at SG/SF than Spurs.

Another possible explanation of this waiving is that Spurs want to re-sign him to a better contract for them with a team option for 2013-2014 but I find that unlikely.

MVPCues
12-20-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm sure he is both disappointed and appreciative of the opportunity they gave him. Him being around long term was very unlikely, but the Spurs had the confidence in him to call his phone rather than someone else's. His chances for more NBA play this year is definitely higher now given his decent play.

Russo21
12-20-2012, 08:06 PM
James will be allright. He made more money in his few minutes with the Spurs then i've earned in my life so far. He'll be fine no matter where he ends up or what he ends up doing. Seemed like a nice dude. All the best JA. (Just don't hit any big shots or make any big plays against the Spurs in the playoffs and i'll wish you the best)

KaiRMD1
12-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Damn, I was really hoping for good things. I'm hopeful that his time on the Spurs garners him a contract elsewhere. Best of luck to him in his future endeavors

Budkin
12-20-2012, 08:23 PM
WTF! He was playing well!

Uriel
12-20-2012, 08:38 PM
There was an Express-News article that came out about a week ago where Pop was quoted as saying they didn't think they could keep Anderson because it would put them above the Luxury Tax Threshold.

sasffl
12-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Good move. He can't get much play time with spurs. I hope he can sigh with a team which can give him some rotation play time

exstatic
12-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Damn, I was really hoping for good things. I'm hopeful that his time on the Spurs garners him a contract elsewhere. Best of luck to him in his future endeavors

lmbebo
12-20-2012, 09:10 PM
wonder if he ends up with the Timberwolves. Lots of injuries at the 2-3 position with Howard going down with an ACL injury.

racm
12-20-2012, 09:12 PM
wonder if he ends up with the Timberwolves. Lots of injuries at the 2-3 position with Howard going down with an ACL injury.

They just waived Josh Howard. He'd also be the only real SG on the roster with Lee and Roy out.

lmbebo
12-20-2012, 09:54 PM
I know he got waived. They cut him because of the ACL injury. He fits a need of theres.

timvp
12-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Good luck to JA. I think his broken feet give him a limited upside but he's good enough be an 10th man on a bad team or a 12th man on a good team.

Sean Cagney
12-21-2012, 12:20 AM
Oh well, never thought or saw much in him like others did but I wish him well!

Fpoonsie
12-21-2012, 01:04 AM
Rofl. JA is that bitch you fuck each time you and your gf break up. She gets excited, thinks this next time might just be "it," and then you stop returning her calls after you and your gf get back together.

BillMc
12-21-2012, 01:17 AM

This. Good guy too, hope he finds a home, even if it is playing in Europe.

timtonymanu
12-21-2012, 01:32 AM
Best of luck to James Anderson.

It would surprise me if he stays a free agent. He looked pretty promising for any team in need of some wing depth.

TDMVPDPOY
12-21-2012, 02:50 AM
timvp fav scrub

ChumpDumper
12-21-2012, 03:49 AM
He'll have a lot of PT to show what he's got in Hidalgo.

Bruno
12-21-2012, 05:08 AM
Minny could be a good opportunity for him.

What would be nice for Spurs is that a team claims him from waivers. It will remove his salary from Spurs team salary and give them more space below the tax to work with for trade talks. It's not a lot of money ($161K) but with Spurs being so close to the tax, it could be useful.

exstatic
12-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Rofl. JA is that bitch you fuck each time you and your gf break up. She gets excited, thinks this next time might just be "it," and then you stop returning her calls after you and your gf get back together.

It's funny how people view the Spurs as having abused James in some way. They have gone WAY out of their way to seek a soft landing for him somewhere, playing him last year when his option had not been picked up and he wasn't even playing well, putting him on the SL team when they had no roster plans for him this year, calling Ferry to get him a camp invite to ATL, and even picking him up this year. According to Bruno, he made $160K for this stint, a MULTIPLE of an entire year's d-league salary.

TXstbobcat
12-21-2012, 09:24 AM
I hope he does catch on somewhere. I thought he contributed well to our bench with our 2 small forwards out.

monkeypunk
12-21-2012, 11:21 AM

Actually, we know that he has playmaking ability based on his college play (and glimmers here and there during his tenure here) and his shot is a bit off likely due to his broken feet but if he can play passible to good defense he becomes a multi faceted player that has a place in several teams in the league. Single ability players are a dime a dozen but if he can do multiple things, he can stick somewhere. We've seen that he has a nose for being in the right place at the right time for some of his blocks but his foot speed is a concern. I think he has room to grow into a defensive role and if he focuses on that aspect of his game, as I said, he has a chance to turn into a real role player on any number of teams in this league.

phxspurfan
12-21-2012, 12:05 PM
It's not a lot of money ($161K) but with Spurs being so close to the tax, it could be useful.

161K not a lot of money eh

dunkman
12-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Hopefully the Spurs will add a PF. Good luck to JA, his stint with the Spurs has been good this season. Too bad he didnt play like that while he was a rookie.

Strategic
12-21-2012, 01:50 PM
If I knew this move was somehow related to the FO wanting to pick up some front court help, instead of it being about saving a couple hundred grand............well, I woud be so happy that I could shit!

ChumpDumper
12-21-2012, 01:52 PM
161K not a lot of money ehI will take $1700 per minute tbh.

ace3g
12-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Minny could be a good opportunity for him.

What would be nice for Spurs is that a team claims him from waivers. It will remove his salary from Spurs team salary and give them more space below the tax to work with for trade talks. It's not a lot of money ($161K) but with Spurs being so close to the tax, it could be useful.

Emiliano Carchia ‏@SportandoBasket (https://twitter.com/SportandoBasket) T'Wolves eye James Anderson and Donte Greene http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/48268/t-wolves-eye-james-anderson-and-donte-greene.html … (http://t.co/jcfVDDmz)

tuncaboylu
12-23-2012, 04:06 PM
T-Wolves waived Josh Howard. Maybe we've waived James Anderson to open a roster spot for him?

FlAVaK
12-23-2012, 04:19 PM
T-Wolves waived Josh Howard. Maybe we've waived James Anderson to open a roster spot for him?

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/wolves-waive-josh-howard

"The Minnesota Timberwolves today announced that they have waived forward/guard Josh Howard after an MRI revealed he has a torn ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) in his right knee and will miss the remainder of the 2012-13 season. "

tuncaboylu
12-23-2012, 04:41 PM
http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/wolves-waive-josh-howard

"The Minnesota Timberwolves today announced that they have waived forward/guard Josh Howard after an MRI revealed he has a torn ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) in his right knee and will miss the remainder of the 2012-13 season. "

Oh my bad. I didn't see injury status in yahoo and didn't figure it out.

elemento
12-23-2012, 04:43 PM
GL to James

Bruno
12-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Good news for JA that Minny showed some interest.

Aside of that, JA cleared waivers yesterday. His salary will count against Spurs cap. It's not a big deal given the low amount it is but it would have been sweet to see a team claiming him from waivers.

TD 21
12-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Actually, we know that he has playmaking ability based on his college play (and glimmers here and there during his tenure here) and his shot is a bit off likely due to his broken feet but if he can play passible to good defense he becomes a multi faceted player that has a place in several teams in the league. Single ability players are a dime a dozen but if he can do multiple things, he can stick somewhere. We've seen that he has a nose for being in the right place at the right time for some of his blocks but his foot speed is a concern. I think he has room to grow into a defensive role and if he focuses on that aspect of his game, as I said, he has a chance to turn into a real role player on any number of teams in this league.

He's not good enough (relatively speaking, of course) in any one facet of the game to make it as a multi-faceted player. His only hope to stick is going to be if he can specialize in a specific area and given his physical limitations/mediocre ball skills, that specific area has to be 3-point shooting.

exstatic
12-24-2012, 09:22 AM
161K not a lot of money eh

In NBA terms, it isn't.

TJastal
12-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Peter Holt basically just handed this overhyped pile of dogshit a 160K xmas present. IMHO the legion of loony JA fanbois inhabiting this forum should reimburse him every penny..

jjktkk
12-24-2012, 08:02 PM
Peter Holt basically just handed this overhyped pile of dogshit a 160K xmas present. IMHO the legion of loony JA fanbois inhabiting this forum should reimburse him every penny..

Your better off just lurking tbh.

Darius Bieber
12-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Looks like James Anderson is getting a tryout today, made official by some local Minnesota reporter on Twitter.

Also: Wizards sign former Spur Garrett Temple.

Gagnrath
12-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Aw poor Garrett I have always liked him as a player but really the NBADL before the bullets, signing with them is career suicide.

CubanMustGo
12-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Aw poor Garrett I have always liked him as a player but really the NBADL before the bullets, signing with them is career suicide.

NBA D-League salaries pay around $12,000, $18,000 or $24,000 per season, according to an NBADL player who spoke to InsideHoops.com. http://www.insidehoops.com/nbdl.shtml (http://[URL="http://[/FONT") (about 18 months ago)

Minimum salary for an NBA rookie is over $400K a year, nearly double that if you have a year in the league.

Career suicide, you say? I call it damned smart.

lmbebo
12-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Garrett has some skills. Just wish he could keep it consistent and put it altogether.

Beaverfuzz
12-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Fuck him, he's garbage.

DMC
12-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Poor guy, he's made millions for dribbling a basketball and has done little to deserve any of it. Hopefully he lands a good job making 50K a year.

ace3g
12-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA (https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA) After release from Spurs and a workout with Wolves, forward James Anderson will sign with Rio Grande of D-League, league sources tell Y!

Bruno
12-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Smart move. The D-League showcase start in 10 days (January 7th). It would be a great opportunity for him to shine even if I'm not sure the wild D-League is that well suited for him. Teams will also be allowed to give 10 days contract in a week (January 5th) which should help JA to get a new opportunity with another NBA team.

And if Minny is smart, they will sign Gelabale. He would be a perfect fit to be their backup SF.

Strategic
12-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Teams will also be allowed to give 10 days contract in a week (January 5th) which should help JA to get a new opportunity with another NBA team.

Any thoughts on whether the Spurs will give any 10 day contracts and who might get the call?

Bruno
12-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Any thoughts on whether the Spurs will give any 10 day contracts and who might get the call?

I think Spurs plan is to do nothing for the moment.

Spurs have an obvious weakness at PF/C and the most likely ways to fix it are a trade or to sign a bought out vet like Diaw last year. Spurs are really close to the luxury tax threshold and only have one roster spot open so keeping that little financial flexibility and that 15th spot available should be their priority.

Bruno
12-30-2012, 03:12 AM

Good luck to JA

z0sa
12-30-2012, 05:22 AM
Disappointed. I always loved JA. I won't lie and say (I was dumb but w/e) that I wasn't expecting more from him than Kawhi.

exstatic
12-30-2012, 08:52 AM

Good luck to JA
We're getting close to 10-day contract time. Wonder if that's it, or if he'll get a "real" contract.

Strategic
12-30-2012, 09:01 AM
We're getting close to 10-day contract time. Wonder if that's it, or if he'll get a "real" contract.

There is a team or two around the league that has a recent history of catching players that has slid out of Pop's hands. If James is close to being signed I would think Cubanesque.

exstatic
12-30-2012, 09:29 AM
There is a team or two around the league that has a recent history of catching players that has slid out of Pop's hands. If James is close to being signed I would think Cubanesque.

:lol Yeah, Dallas DOES tend towards liking SA's sloppy seconds.

Strategic
12-30-2012, 09:49 AM
:lol Yeah, Dallas DOES tend towards liking SA's sloppy seconds.

Yeah speaking of sloppys, PTR has a telling pic of Cube this morning. It looks like he woke up on the wrong side of several bordello sticks.

Bruno
12-30-2012, 09:54 AM

A team can also sign him right now to a non-guaranteed contract and they will have until January 7 to decided whether or not to keep him for the whole season.

timvp
12-30-2012, 11:27 AM

Good luck to JA

Hmmm ... maybe the Nets? They recently let go of Childress and with Gerald Wallace starting at PF for them now, they're going with Bogans at SF. The corpse of Stackhouse is getting some of the backup SF minutes. Add in the few Spurs connections in that org and makes some sense. Don't see how Anderson wouldn't help there.

Drz
12-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Hmmm ... maybe the Nets? They recently let go of Childress and with Gerald Wallace starting at PF for them now, they're going with Bogans at SF. The corpse of Stackhouse is getting some of the backup SF minutes. Add in the few Spurs connections in that org and makes some sense. Don't see how Anderson wouldn't help there.
Solid, definitely agree.

Less likely, but I think he'd be a great fit in Denver. They have a serious need for outside shooting help, and a lack of shooting guards. Wilson Chandler's still out for a couple weeks (not that he's a good shooter, just that he's a guard). He doesn't really have the energy to run with that crew, but not everyone on the floor has to be fast.

kolko
12-30-2012, 02:23 PM

timvp
12-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Rockets is an odd landing spot. Don't know what his role will be once Delfino returns from his "food poisoning". Toney Douglas has pretty much been backing up both guard spots, with some D. Cook sprinkled in.

However, we must remember that Anderson was technically on the Rio Grande Vipers ... so the Rockets (as far as I know; the D-League rules are always changing) had the ability to sign him to a contract to block another team from signing him. Perhaps another team wanted him but the Rockets blocked it.

Either way, congrats to JA. I hope he makes it somewhere -- though preferably not in Houston, tbh.

Bruno
12-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Well, it could be just an one week stopgap which wouldn't be a good news for JA.

Rockets have 15 players under contract with only one player (Machado) without a fully guaranteed contract. I guess that Machado will be cut to open a roster spot for JA. The issue is that Rockets are going to sign soon Patrick Beverley. Then to keep JA, Rockets will need to waive a player with a guaranteed contract like Daequan Cook.

timvp
12-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Well, it could be just an one week stopgap which wouldn't be a good news for JA.

Rockets have 15 players under contract with only one player (Machado) without a fully guaranteed contract. I guess that Machado will be cut to open a roster spot for JA. The issue is that Rockets are going to sign soon Patrick Beverley. Then to keep JA, Rockets will need to waive a player with a guaranteed contract like Daequan Cook.

JA's best shot may be that the Rockets give up on Royce White and release him. It might seem a bit early to give up on a first rounder but the guy has officially fallen off the looney train. His latest statement might be the last straw:

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/12/30/royce-whites-statement/index.html

According to some reports, White wants the Rockets to allow him to skip everything other than actual games. Good luck with that :lol

Bruno
12-30-2012, 03:22 PM
^ Wow :wow

It looks impossible that it ends well between Royce White and the Rockets. It could get ugly with all the guaranteed money he has on his contract.

Strategic
12-30-2012, 04:36 PM
According to some reports, White wants the Rockets to allow him to skip everything other than actual games. Good luck with that :lol

Considering his condition concerning flying that may just be home games and games in Texas and Louisiana. Either way that's quite a statement he submitted. It looks as if he is speaking through his attorneys already.

Paranoid Pop
12-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Considering his condition concerning flying that may just be home games and games in Texas and Louisiana. Either way that's quite a statement he submitted. It looks as if he is speaking through his attorneys already.

In one of his latest tweets he says it's not about planes. Rockets should sue him tbh, pretty sure he will change his tune if he has to give back his money.

Bruno
12-30-2012, 05:53 PM

Great news for JA, it isn't just an one week stint.

IIRC, Spurs really liked Cook in the past. It doesn't make sense to add him given Spurs current roster though.

Paranoid Pop
12-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Great news, I love it, perfect team for him with their fast paced offense that involves everyone. I also think he has the perfect skillset to backup Harden.

timvp
12-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Very nice, JA. Congrats. Looks like they may have guaranteed him the rest of the season.

I hope he does well ... but not too well or else we'd never hear the end of it :lol

Strategic
12-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Great new for James. From my favorite college to my favorite Spurs to.................Houston, hmmphf

NASpurs
12-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Very nice, JA. Congrats. Looks like they may have guaranteed him the rest of the season.

I hope he does well ... but not too well or else we'd never hear the end of it :lol

First Scola, now James Anderson. :depressed

:lol

Chinook
12-30-2012, 06:26 PM

Great news for JA, it isn't just an one week stint.

IIRC, Spurs really liked Cook in the past. It doesn't make sense to add him given Spurs current roster though.

How's his defense? If he can play the three well, there may be a place for him if Jack moves to the four full time.

racm
12-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Makes sense. JA has experience playingin an uptempo system.

timvp
12-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Cook was actually who the Spurs wanted in the draft in which they ended up with Splitter. IIRC, they had a trade agreed to with Washington to move up to snag Cook that only unraveled after Nick Young fell to Washington. Splitter was the second option.

Cook is still only 25 but the Spurs really aren't in the market for a smallish shooting guard whose basically a shooting specialist that can't shoot.

racm
12-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Cook was actually who the Spurs wanted in the draft in which they ended up with Splitter. IIRC, they had a trade agreed to with Washington to move up to snag Cook that only unraveled after Nick Young fell to Washington. Splitter was the second option.

Cook is still only 25 but the Spurs really aren't in the market for a smallish shooting guard whose basically a shooting specialist that can't shoot.

In hindsight Cook not falling to the Spurs haa benefited them more. Splitter's a very good big and as far as undersized 2s go there's no guy as underpaid as Neal is.

JRHernandez88
12-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Wow good for him!

Brunodf
12-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Rockets are smart...

HI-FI
12-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Real happy for JA. Glad to see both him and the DLeague rewarded for their production.

exstatic
12-31-2012, 10:12 AM
I can see the Spurs maybe grabbing Cook if they do a trade that involves some combination of Neal, Mills, or CoJo. Not otherwise, though.

I. Hustle
12-31-2012, 10:27 AM
I heard the Spurs were talking to LA. According to my sources a trade is in the works for Bonner, CoJo and Mills plus two dozen tamales for Pau Gasol and a burrito.

maverick1948
12-31-2012, 10:59 AM
I heard the Spurs were talking to LA. According to my sources a trade is in the works for Bonner, CoJo and Mills plus two dozen tamales for Pau Gasol and a burrito.

You mean we up the offer from one dozen tamales to two? Damn that is getting expensive.

silverblackfan
12-31-2012, 11:00 AM
Great news for Anderson. I hope he continues to improve his game and regains all his hops.

boutons_deux
12-31-2012, 11:13 AM
JA's best shot may be that the Rockets give up on Royce White and release him. It might seem a bit early to give up on a first rounder but the guy has officially fallen off the looney train. His latest statement might be the last straw:

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/12/30/royce-whites-statement/index.html

For guy with mental health questions, he writes extremely well.

Interrohater
12-31-2012, 12:07 PM
He has OCD and anxiety. Not really anything that would hamper writing style. Probably enhance it, rather, hahah.

I have a sister with anxiety and it seems to be really debilitating. I don't understand it, but you would think it could be controlled with things like meditation and medication.

Gagnrath
12-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Anxiety sometimes can be helped with drugs sometimes can't... Alot of times the things that can control it tend to make the person taking them somewhat dazed or slow on reacting mentally which while not debilitating in normal life wouldn't be particularly good for a pro athlete especially at first as they are getting used to it.

I've lived with a couple of people with anxiety disorders and depending on how serious their issue is, how their brain chemistry reacts to meds, and the med they are on you can see huge changes. One person I know has anxiety attacks badly enough from what is basically agoraphobia that she prefers to be constantly drugged into a fairly emotionless near zombie state instead of going through them even though they only happen maybe twice a month for a day and a half or so each.

I don't know royce so I can't speak on his case, and in most people it seems as though their own disorder has its own little quirks and while it will generally fall into a type differs in specifics from others.

benefactor
12-31-2012, 01:32 PM
For guy with mental health questions, he writes extremely well.
I've been around several schizophrenics that were pre-med. Mental illness doesn't have much to do with writing.

koriwhat
12-31-2012, 03:40 PM
royce white is just being a lil prima donna bitch. what a pussy! the nba, rockets, etc shouldn't have to bow down to his every request and definitely shouldn't be required to "help" white with his issues, dude's a grown man and should deal with his own bs.

DapDaGenius
12-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Damn I wish this was somehow a trade(insert trade includes Blair) for Smith.

Glad for Anderson though, bout time he got a deal, I hope they use him well.

Mel_13
01-02-2013, 11:45 AM
The Rockets have released Daequan Cook to make room for signing James Anderson.

https://twitter.com/dailythunder

Remarkable how quickly Cook has gone from knocking down big shots in the WCF to being waived to make room for James Anderson.

Mel_13
01-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Press release on Anderson and Cook:

http://www.nba.com/rockets/rockets-sign-james-anderson

ace3g
01-02-2013, 02:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_oLgrBCYAA9b0s.jpg:large

Dex
01-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Good for JA. He stuck in there and earned himself a spot in the NBA; now he will just need to continue developing to make sure he keeps it. IMO, could go either way.

Regardless, I completely expect him to hang 30 on us the next time the Spurs meet the Rockets.

SenorSpur
01-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Congrats to JA.

Brazil
01-02-2013, 03:56 PM
:tu

gee
01-02-2013, 04:09 PM
royce white is just being a lil prima donna bitch. what a pussy! the nba, rockets, etc shouldn't have to bow down to his every request and definitely shouldn't be required to "help" white with his issues, dude's a grown man and should deal with his own bs.

If they didn't want to deal with it they shouldnt have drafted him. it wasnt exactly a secret.
Anybody who has been close to someone with an anxiety disorder would have seen this coming a mile away, esp. with the relatively poor handling of the situation by Houston.

Congrats JA! Wish him all the best

ace3g
01-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine) NBA teams just notified that Daequan Cook has indeed cleared waivers

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine)
Daequan Cook scheduled to clear waivers at 5 PM ET. If he's not claimed, I'm told, Bulls firmly in lead to sign 3-point specialist

TheCerebral1
01-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Congrats to him getting a three year deal. I did not see that coming. Again, feels sucky that he goes to Houston. Hopefully he gets a chance to play. He got injured and never fully got his chance. Danny Green just beat him out. I always loved his upside.

will_spurs
01-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine) NBA teams just notified that Daequan Cook has indeed cleared waivers

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine)
Daequan Cook scheduled to clear waivers at 5 PM ET. If he's not claimed, I'm told, Bulls firmly in lead to sign 3-point specialist

RT @ESPNSteinLine: Mike Conley Sr., agent for Daequan Cook, makes it official and says Cook is indeed signing with Bulls now that he's cleared waivers as 5 PM.

Cool to see that JA's future is secure with a midterm contract, although it always sucks to see a player walk away for nothing and then be signed by a division rival... Three years ought to be enough to prove whether he belongs to the NBA.

Was there a change of GM/FO in Houston recently? They seem to be taking some rather smart decisions lately.

k_nguyen93
01-06-2013, 09:02 PM
It's still Daryl Morey.

Indazone
01-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Good call by Daryl Morey. I fully expect Royce White to be gone

Drz
02-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Anderson update. Since signing with the Rockets and getting his first significant stretch of playing time tonight:

43 minutes, 8 of 18 FG, 6 of 12 3P, 12 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 turnover.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

mando6599
02-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Anderson update. Since signing with the Rockets and getting his first significant stretch of playing time tonight:

43 minutes, 8 of 18 FG, 6 of 12 3P, 12 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 turnover.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Where'd you get your stats tonight? Not what I'm seein.

James Anderson, SG 22 3-7 2-4 0-0 2 6 8 4 0 0 1 3 +5 8

DesignatedT
02-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Golden State gave up 140 tonight lol

spurraider21
02-05-2013, 10:38 PM
James Anderson actually looked good in his most recent stint with the Spurs. Always had high hopes for him... Still believe he can be a good starter in this league

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
02-05-2013, 10:38 PM
good for him tbh.
he deserves some sucess after the way we fucked him over
waiving him, calling him back thinking this is his shot, waiving him
part of the bizz tho

Drz
02-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Where'd you get your stats tonight? Not what I'm seein.

James Anderson, SG 22 3-7 2-4 0-0 2 6 8 4 0 0 1 3 +5 8
Mine are season stats for the Rockets, not just tonight's.

Golden State gave up 140 tonight lol
Because they're a horrible defense.... or because they played against THE ANDERBEAST????

Don't answer that.

Paranoid Pop
02-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Who needs a SG who can actually pass the ball to backup the best passing shooting guard in the league, certainly not that guy => :pop:

But hey Houston and Harden could use that kind of backup, their FO must definitely be way dumber than our mastermind who can't get enough of Danny Green, starting him every single game like he's the second coming, resting him with the big 3 and all.

:pop: needs his dose of savant monkeys who can shoot the 3 on the corner and do strictly NOTHING ELSE, he's willing to play them out of position and to put up with bad defensive numbers despite the lip service about defense to get that.

It annoys the shit out of me. We had two great passing SG in Anderson and De Colo and Pop sent one away (when he resigned Blair or Jefferson) and tries to make a PG out of the second, to make room for the one dimensional 3 point shooter...

Drz
02-05-2013, 11:06 PM
I'm an Anderson fan, but it's much pretty much impossible to say Danny Green's SA career hasn't been way, way, waaaay better than Anderson's. Yes, Anderson's been far better this year, but we're talking a whopping 115 minutes of playing time.

spurraider21
02-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Considering de Colo's main weakness was his scoring ability, having him at shooting guard would have exposed tthat liability, so pop tried him out at point guard with mixed results. Fortunately his shot is coming around.

benefactor
02-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Who needs a SG who can actually pass the ball to backup the best passing shooting guard in the league, certainly not that guy => :pop:

But hey Houston and Harden could use that kind of backup, their FO must definitely be way dumber than our mastermind who can't get enough of Danny Green, starting him every single game like he's the second coming, resting him with the big 3 and all.

:pop: needs his dose of savant monkeys who can shoot the 3 on the corner and do strictly NOTHING ELSE, he's willing to play them out of position and to put up with bad defensive numbers despite the lip service about defense to get that.

It annoys the shit out of me. We had two great passing SG in Anderson and De Colo and Pop sent one away (when he resigned Blair or Jefferson) and tries to make a PG out of the second, to make room for the one dimensional 3 point shooter...
You are pushing TJastal territory with your takes. I think it's time to step back and take a deep breath...maybe take a week away from this place to clear your head.

Paranoid Pop
02-05-2013, 11:24 PM
How dare you question :pop:
? :cry

Sorry buddy, not sure what I was thinking tbh.

Mel_13
02-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Before tonight, Anderson had been with Houston for 17 games. He played in 9 of those 17 games for a total of 21 minutes. Tonight, he got 22 minutes in a blowout. He's not Harden's backup. He's a deep bench player that racks up DNP-CDs and occasionally gets a few minutes in garbage time. In other words, Houston is using him in precisely the same way that the Spurs did.

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-05-2013, 11:36 PM
:lmao James Anderson.

Paranoid Pop
02-05-2013, 11:39 PM
:lmao James Anderson.

WCF Green is even more hilarious :lol.

Team is clearly better defensively without him despites playing with the other best 4 defenders at their position :lol.

We stacked and can laugh about the James Anderson of the league :lol, not like he has more playmaking ability in his pinkie than Green can ever dream of having :lol.

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-05-2013, 11:44 PM

Team is clearly better defensively without him despites playing with the other best 4 defenders at their position :lol.

We stacked and can laugh about the James Anderson of the league :lol, not like he has more playmaking ability in his pinkie than Green can ever dream of having :lol.

:lol shitty takes.

James Anderson is a fucking scrub who had SIX good games with the Spurs. Danny Green had two good playoff series with the Spurs. Ill take the scrubthat at least contributed to the team when it mattered.

benefactor
02-05-2013, 11:49 PM
Sorry buddy, not sure what I was thinking tbh.
Does that actually happen...or is the exhausted rodent on your wheel just in need of some rest on back to backs?

DMC
02-06-2013, 12:08 AM
Good for James, but he's really not ready for it. He's a scrub at best, but good for him for getting a payday.

Brunodf
02-06-2013, 12:32 AM
I would rather play JA than Neal tbh...

FromWayDowntown
02-06-2013, 09:27 AM
What's remarkable about using James Anderson -- and the willingness to play him -- as a measure of assessing Popovich and Morey is that Anderson actually plays less with Houston than he ever did with San Antonio. Since joining the Rockets on January 2, James Anderson has played a total of 43 minutes and 32 of those 43 minutes have come in two huge blowouts: 22 minutes in a 140-109 win over the Warriors and 10 minutes in a 125-80 win at Utah. He's been allowed 25 field goal attempts in Houston and 11 three point attempts; 13 of those FGA and 8 of his 3PTA have come in those blowouts.

If the Rockets have identified some brilliance in James Anderson's skill set that the Spurs whiffed on, they sure are playing their cards close to the vest with that.

romsho
02-06-2013, 09:34 AM

If only you were running things. The present and future would be so much better. Seriously...reach up, grab your neck, and choke yourself unconscious. Moron.

ChumpDumper
02-06-2013, 11:34 PM

It annoys the shit out of me. We had two great passing SG in Anderson and De Colo and Pop sent one away (when he resigned Blair or Jefferson) and tries to make a PG out of the second, to make room for the one dimensional 3 point shooter...:lol

exstatic
02-06-2013, 11:40 PM
What's remarkable about using James Anderson -- and the willingness to play him -- as a measure of assessing Popovich and Morey is that Anderson actually plays less with Houston than he ever did with San Antonio. Since joining the Rockets on January 2, James Anderson has played a total of 43 minutes and 32 of those 43 minutes have come in two huge blowouts: 22 minutes in a 140-109 win over the Warriors and 10 minutes in a 125-80 win at Utah. He's been allowed 25 field goal attempts in Houston and 11 three point attempts; 13 of those FGA and 8 of his 3PTA have come in those blowouts.

If the Rockets have identified some brilliance in James Anderson's skill set that the Spurs whiffed on, they sure are playing their cards close to the vest with that.

Probably why his nba.com profile still has a Spurs pic. :lol

EricB
02-06-2013, 11:48 PM
I see Fabs has changed his name.

Beaverfuzz
02-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Fuck James Anderson, worthless piece of trash.

Paranoid Pop
02-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Got the crunch time minutes over Parsons vs the Heat thanks to his good D.

But yeah feel free to call him a scrub :downspin:.

Without the foot injury he'd be even better, probably worthy of taking the torch from Manu. But even the way things are, he still shits on Danny Green tbh.

Houston vs SA is a pretty likely first round match up btw, just saying... Anderson would block Green's overpredictable 3 like nothing, best guard shotblocker we had with Manu vs our most one dimensional offensive player since Bonner... Would be ugly.

ChumpDumper
02-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Got the crunch time minutes over Parsons vs the Heat thanks to his good D.lol they lost

Paranoid Pop
02-07-2013, 06:59 PM
lol they lost

Be that as it may, James Anderson is just one player out of five and a Heat killer if I ever saw one, guy almost led our scrubs past them and did great vs them once again with the Rockets, stealing minutes from an overhyped prospect in the process.

Who could use a guy like that in the Finals, well not this guy : :pop:

benefactor
02-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Got the crunch time minutes over Parsons vs the Heat thanks to his good D.

But yeah feel free to call him a scrub :downspin:.

He's a scrub.

benefactor
02-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Be that as it may, James Anderson is just one player out of five and a Heat killer if I ever saw one, guy almost led our scrubs past them and did great vs them once again with the Rockets, stealing minutes from an overhyped prospect in the process.

Who could use a guy like that in the Finals, well not this guy : :pop:
:lol calling someone a Heat killer when the Heat played like they were playing scrubs
:lol needing 20 shot to get 20 points in that game
:lol his 7 assists canceled out by 6 turnovers

Looks like a scrub to me. If Danny Green would have put up those numbers your mouth breathing would have been so heavy that it would have left a mist on your keyboard.

Paranoid Pop
02-07-2013, 07:21 PM
:lol calling someone a Heat killer when the Heat played like they were playing scrubs
:lol needing 20 shot to get 20 points in that game
:lol his 7 assists canceled out by 6 turnovers

Looks like a scrub to me. If Danny Green would have put up those numbers your mouth breathing would have been so heavy that it would have left a mist on your keyboard.

Yeah how did Green do vs the Heat, well we don't fucking know since he rested on his couch while Anderson led our team to a closer loss than anyone would have expected. Green still has an incredibly shitty defensive impact despites sitting out hard games and playing with the four other best defender at their position lol. Foolsgold undisputed champ, dethrowned Bonbon tbh.

Anderson plays real D, not the matador stuff that fools Pop and his declining eyesight tbh and he doesn't only shoot 3s like a robot, the guy can pass the ball as well as anyone, has a great off the dribble game, can drive, the whole package. But yeah enjoy your regular season offensive performances.

ChumpDumper
02-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Yeah how did Green do vs the Heat, well we don't fucking know since he rested on his couch while Anderson led our team to a closer loss than anyone would have expected.lol led

benefactor
02-07-2013, 08:35 PM
lol led
Indeed.

T Park
02-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Yeah how did Green do vs the Heat, well we don't fucking know since he rested on his couch while Anderson led our team to a closer loss than anyone would have expected. Green still has an incredibly shitty defensive impact despites sitting out hard games and playing with the four other best defender at their position lol. Foolsgold undisputed champ, dethrowned Bonbon tbh.

Anderson plays real D, not the matador stuff that fools Pop and his declining eyesight tbh and he doesn't only shoot 3s like a robot, the guy can pass the ball as well as anyone, has a great off the dribble game, can drive, the whole package. But yeah enjoy your regular season offensive performances.

Seriously, why did Fabbs make a different name?