PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Report: Nash Had a full practice

LkrFan
12-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Injury Update: Nash Practices Fully

For the first time since suffering a non-displaced fracture to his lower left leg on Oct. 31, Steve Nash competed in a full practice, including a 5-on-5 full-contact scrimmage, on Thursday afternoon.

So … when will he play in a game?

“I think Christmas is probably the most realistic,” Nash said, revealing that his leg felt “good” in practice but suggesting he needs to see how it responds before drawing a conclusion.

The Lakers have only one game before Tuesday’s X-Mas contest with the New York Knicks, a Saturday tilt at Golden State, and Nash said it’s “possible” he’d return to that game. Yet he won’t really know until he sees how the leg feels tomorrow, and furthermore how it responds at shootaround on Saturday.

If all goes well, he could make the start against the Warriors, but it is more likely he’d wait until Tuesday’s contest. Regardless, his coach couldn’t have been happier to see him on the practice court.

“Whatever day he returns will be Christmas,” said Mike D’Antoni. “He looked good, real good. You never know how he wakes up. The first step was good and positive, he looks good on the floor, he said he felt good. We’ll wait till tomorrow to see if he can do it again and just build on it from there.”

Nash has cautioned that when he returns, his engine isn’t going to be revving at full speed, since he simply hasn’t had the chance to get into basketball game shape. But D’Antoni isn’t too worried about that, either.

“He’s got a pretty good motor,” said D’Antoni. “It will be maybe depend a lot on that, but he looked good out there – just as good as the rest of the guys. He wasn’t huffing and puffing that much.”

To reiterate, we’ll have to see how Nash feels after Friday’s practice. But for now, it’s certainly good news for the Lakers that he made it through a full-contact practice no worse for wear.

LINK (http://blog.lakers.com/lakers/2012/12/20/injury-update-nash-practices-fully/)

Get ready to grab your ankles and bite your bottom lip NBA. Weeeeeee'rrrreee baaaaack! :lol

Clipper Nation
12-20-2012, 06:53 PM
:lol Raymond Fatass boutta go HAM on Christmas

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-20-2012, 06:54 PM
:lol paying the guy $9,000,000 a year and getting excited every time he practices

LkrFan
12-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Eric Pincus (aka emplay - a mod on LakersGround) wrote this piece for LA Times:

By Eric Pincus
December 20, 2012, 1:40 p.m.
Steve Nash worked through his first full-contact practice with the Lakers since suffering a non-displaced leg fracture in the second game of the season. The Lakers have struggled since, losing 14 of their first 26 games, currently 12th in the Western Conference.

The team originally had hoped that Nash would be out just a few weeks after the injury but nerve irritation kept him sidelined.

After Thursday morning's practice, Nash said, "It felt pretty good. It went well. Maybe I felt a little bit better than I thought I'd feel, but we'll see how it feels in the morning. It's obviously a big barometer."

Nash noted that the Christmas Day game Tuesday against the New York Knicks might be more "realistic," but that a return on Saturday against the Golden State Warriors remains a possibility.

"It depends on how well I respond today and tomorrow," said Nash. "We don't really need to rush it. I don't want to come back too soon.... I don't want to miss another 10 games because I aggravated it."

Nash said he's still experiencing some pain in his leg and his conditioning is well behind after so many weeks without basketball. He won't return immediately if there's any significant risk of any further damage.

LINK (http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-steve-nash-saturday-possible-return-20121220,0,6817831.story?track=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53297)

LkrFan
12-20-2012, 06:56 PM
:lol Raymond Fatass boutta go HAM on Christmas
He might win MIP. He's been ballin' yo.

LkrFan
12-20-2012, 06:58 PM
:lol paying the guy $9,000,000 a year and getting excited every time he practices
When your team has been giving major minutes to Duhon and Darius Morris, this is cause for celebration tbh. :lol

JRHernandez88
12-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Fkn truth :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

midnightpulp
12-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Lakers fans are going to be so disappointed when the Messiah doesn't save this team from mediocrity.

lefty
12-20-2012, 07:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/i5Lwi.png

racm
12-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Knicks were blowing out the Lakers until Dwight took Melo out of the game. Amar'e's gonna be back anyway so Pau will look even :lollder