PDA

View Full Version : Clippers IS MONKEYBALL TAKING OVER?

Calispursfan11
12-21-2012, 03:15 AM
It seems like fundamentals have taken a back seat to freakish athleticism in recent years. Some examples of this are Howard, Griffin, McGee, Westbrick and D Rose to name a few. Howard uses his freakish shoulders, size and jumping ability to impose his will without any appreciable offensive moves. Westbrick and D Rose drive into traffic and jump over people. Griffin jumps over KIAs. McGee, well, he just looks the part.

D Rose is a particularly great example of a player who was able to dominate when he had the ability to swing from vine to vine. Whether he will regain his jungle abilities remains to be seen. If not, he may have a hard time even competing with the likes of Steve Blake until he does. Obviously monkeyballers like those on the above list are exciting to watch but have only a limited shelf life as D Rose has proven.

When I think about it, this is the first time in NBA history we can say that so many of the NBA's stars lack the basic fundamentals taught to junior high schoolers at basketball camps everywhere. Many fans may not care, but it shall be a sad day indeed when Monkeyball overwhelms the league once and for all.

Malik Hairston
12-21-2012, 03:20 AM
:lol no..all of the players you named are losers, tbh..

Lebron is an athletic freak, but last year's Heat team relied heavily on Lebron's passing ability and post game, two fundamental aspects of basketball..

The other Finals team was the Thunder, and while they did have monkey ballers in Ibaka and Westbrook, their best player is Durant, a skilled shooter that doesn't rely on elite athleticism(he relies on skills and refs)..

The two CFs losers were the Spurs and Celtics, I don't think I need to elaborate..

Richie
12-21-2012, 03:22 AM
Lack of college years to blame?

Calispursfan11
12-21-2012, 03:26 AM
:lol no..all of the players you named are losers, tbh..

Lebron is an athletic freak, but last year's Heat team relied heavily on Lebron's passing ability and post game, two fundamental aspects of basketball..

The other Finals team was the Thunder, and while they did have monkey ballers in Ibaka and Westbrook, their best player is Durant, a skilled shooter that doesn't rely on elite athleticism(he relies on skills and refs)..

The two CFs losers were the Spurs and Celtics, I don't think I need to elaborate..

Good analysis Malik. Now that James Anderson is waived, you should return from Siberia or wherever it is you are playing right now.

Calispursfan11
12-21-2012, 03:28 AM
Lack of college years to blame?

Dwight was right out of high school right? What about the others?

baseline bum
12-21-2012, 03:29 AM
:cry This league's level of class has gone to hell since 2008 :cry

:cry Stern and his NBA doesn't even deserve to have the Spurs as champions anymore :cry

:cry Don't even want a monkeyball era banner :cry

Manu-20
12-21-2012, 03:30 AM
I believe there will be a messiah who comes down from the basketball gods and will bring back the fundamentals, he shall preform miracles with a basketball so fundamentaly sound not seen since the days of the three wise men Larry, Magic, and Jordan, for fear not my friends he shall vanquish the anti fundamentalist in the playoffs and show what false teachings the anti fundamentalist had spew out across the lands, As it is and it will forever be as the ballble says.

Calispursfan11
12-21-2012, 03:31 AM
I believe there will be a messiah who comes down from the basketball gods and will bring back the fundamentals, he shall preform miracles with a basketball so fundamentaly sound not seen since the days of the three wise men Larry, Magic, and Jordan, for fear not my friends he shall vanquish the anti fundamentalist in the playoffs and show what false teachings the anti fundamentalist had spew out across the lands, As it is and it will forever be as the ballble says.

LOL :lol

Calispursfan11
12-21-2012, 03:32 AM
:cry This league's level of class has gone to hell since 2008 :cry

:cry Stern and his NBA doesn't even deserve to have the Spurs as champions anymore :cry

:cry Don't even want a monkeyball era banner :cry

Agreed. There's always hockey as an alternative.

KaiRMD1
12-21-2012, 03:55 AM
Monkeyball takes over until the real competition begins then fundamentals rears its ugly head and those losers come back to reality. It's taking over the ratings and the highlight reels but monkeyball doesn't win you championships

midnightpulp
12-21-2012, 05:16 AM
Us Spurs fans can't really throw stones here, considering we had one of the league's great monkeyballers in David Robinson. Sure, he was a very skilled ball-handler and mid-range shooter for his size, but he too lacked many big-man fundamentals and heavily relied on his athleticism. One of the primary reasons Robinson always struggled in the playoffs is because he lacked a back-to-the-basket low-post game. We all know the Admiral preferred to face up and take opposing bigs off the dribble. Worked in the regular season. But in the playoffs, good teams would simply pack the paint and take away his lanes, forcing him to shoot or pass.

Clipper Nation
12-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Griffin's becoming less of a monkeyballer, tbh.... certainly nowhere near as low-IQ as guys like Dwight and JaVale McGee....

lefty
12-21-2012, 11:14 AM

http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2012/1025/com_121025_RN_Andrew_Wiggins_to_2013/com_121025_RN_Andrew_Wiggins_to_2013.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJn74ufOx64

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-21-2012, 11:17 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2012/1025/com_121025_RN_Andrew_Wiggins_to_2013/com_121025_RN_Andrew_Wiggins_to_2013.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJn74ufOx64
Wiggins is gonna be a beast.

Clipper Nation
12-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Until he dunks once in the NBA and everyone immediately labels him a monkeyballer :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-21-2012, 11:20 AM
If his jump shot is as gross looking as Griffin's I'd label him a monkeyballer.

Too bad it's already way better than Blake's :lol

Clipper Nation
12-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Tbh, Blake's is ugly but going in more often, so I'll take it :lol

Wiggins is a beast though, tbh...

purplengold
12-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Griffin's becoming less of a monkeyballer, tbh.... certainly nowhere near as low-IQ as guys like Dwight and JaVale McGee....

nah stacey, he as dumb as Dwight n cousins. only difference is Chris Paul use him like a puppet ta take away he free will

Trill Clinton
12-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Until he dunks once in the NBA and everyone immediately labels him a monkeyballer :lmao
:lmao

baseline bum
12-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Us Spurs fans can't really throw stones here, considering we had one of the league's great monkeyballers in David Robinson. Sure, he was a very skilled ball-handler and mid-range shooter for his size, but he too lacked many big-man fundamentals and heavily relied on his athleticism. One of the primary reasons Robinson always struggled in the playoffs is because he lacked a back-to-the-basket low-post game. We all know the Admiral preferred to face up and take opposing bigs off the dribble. Worked in the regular season. But in the playoffs, good teams would simply pack the paint and take away his lanes, forcing him to shoot or pass.

The faggotball from Del Negro and the quitterball from Rodman were major factors in DRob's playoff failures too tbh.

12-21-2012, 04:39 PM
they should make a league where all very athletic players are banned. it'll just be a coincidence that only white players are left. that way, white people can play fundamental basketball without worrying about them blacks ruining the game.

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/1/20/1645791/proposed-all-white-basketball

ALVAREZ6
12-21-2012, 06:19 PM
wow...Wiggins is freakish. Sick jumper to go with. Goddamn I wish I was that athletic.

:cry :cry :cry

Dirk Oneanddoneski
12-21-2012, 06:24 PM
monkeyball is the future of the league imo, especially if they keep importing those 100% pure blooded blue gums from Apefrica tbh..

Latarian Milton
12-21-2012, 07:05 PM
it ain't the super athleticism only that makes monkeyballers look legit imho. for example, westchuck got a pair of good shooting hands and hits 3's a few steps away from the arc, take away his athleticism and he would turn a solid role player, unlike the true craps who had nothing but athleticism imho. the problem with westchuck is he has the brain of a monkey's

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-21-2012, 07:11 PM
The faggotball from Del Negro and the quitterball from Rodman were major factors in DRob's playoff failures too tbh.

And the fact he was too busy chasing teammates around with a bible, tbh.

baseline bum
12-21-2012, 07:21 PM
And the fact he was too busy chasing teammates around with a bible, tbh.

I can forgive that since he was able to integrate monkeyball into classball. Bible Kemp could learn something from it tbh.

Calispursfan11
12-22-2012, 11:22 AM
it ain't the super athleticism only that makes monkeyballers look legit imho. for example, westchuck got a pair of good shooting hands and hits 3's a few steps away from the arc, take away his athleticism and he would turn a solid role player, unlike the true craps who had nothing but athleticism imho. the problem with westchuck is he has the brain of a monkey's

lOl westchuck = monkeybrain

Cry Havoc
12-22-2012, 12:23 PM
monkeyball is the future of the regular season imo, especially if they keep importing those 100% pure blooded blue gums from Apefrica tbh..

Ahem.