PDA

View Full Version : Raptors: lol bustnani

timvp
12-21-2012, 09:39 PM
:lol Seven-footer shooting under 40%
:lol Seven-footer who averages 4.3 rebounds in 32.8 minutes
:lol Worst defender in the NBA by a large amount
:lol Leads the Raptors to a 4-18 record
:lol Suffers an elbow injury on the world's dumbest dunk attempt (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_itaUexhUk)
:lol Says the Raptors are "the worst team in the NBA right now"
:lol Raptors win five straight games without him
:lol Bustnani
:lol "$50M for Bustnani isn't out of line with his market value"
:lol "Bustnani isn't a bust"
:lol ":cryBustnani scores like few others can:cry"
:lol Bryan Colangelo
:lol Canada

baseline bum
12-21-2012, 09:42 PM
I'd rather have Bonner and two of Dwight's bastard children on my team than Bargnani. CROFL if LA Jr gives up Gasol for him just to try to make it work with Pringles.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-21-2012, 09:42 PM
timvp goin' HAM on his nephew

Ghazi
12-21-2012, 10:09 PM
had Raptors -4 tonight :( :(

Ghazi
12-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Spurs -13 LETS GO!!!

Clipper Nation
12-21-2012, 10:25 PM
:cry Trade Pau for Bargnani, he's a textbook D'Antoni player :cry

TheCultOfPersonality
12-21-2012, 10:31 PM
At least Bargnani is not as bad as Byron Mullens.

lefty
12-21-2012, 10:49 PM
5th straight win without Bustnani :lol

DD
12-21-2012, 10:51 PM
He needs a change of scenery

lefty
12-21-2012, 11:04 PM
He needs a change of scenery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5jawN3k6G0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNIqK9lHFCY

Latarian Milton
12-21-2012, 11:21 PM
bigs who can shoot 3's are rare talents in the league imho and the wop has good dribbling & passing skills besides his 3pt shooting. raptors just not the right team for him tbh

DD
12-21-2012, 11:36 PM
bigs who can shoot 3's are rare talents in the league imho and the wop has good dribbling & passing skills besides his 3pt shooting. raptors just not the right team for him tbh

And Toronto's not the right city.

racm
12-21-2012, 11:39 PM

Bargnani's shooting less than 40% on the season, tbh.

Bonner 1 Bargnani 0, tbh, and Bonner for all of his faults isn't paid like a franchise player.

NickiRasgo
12-21-2012, 11:50 PM
At least Bargnani is not as bad as Byron Mullens.

Yup.

Bargnani - PPG 16.0 (FG% 39.8, 3PT% 34.4, FT% 84.2), RPG 4.3, APG 1.4, 0.4 SPG, BPG 0.7, TOPG 2.0 in 32:42 Mins.
12/13 - $10,000,000
13/14 - $11,000,000
14/15 - $12,000,000

Mullens - PPG 11.9 (FG% 37.5, 3PT% 30.7, FT% 72.5), RPG 7.7, APG 1.4, SPG 0.8, BPG 0.8, TOPG 1.5 in 31:23 Mins.
12/13 - $2,253,061 (Team Option)

Brunodf
12-22-2012, 01:06 AM
:lol, sad thing is that Pop would like him...

8FOR!3
12-22-2012, 01:19 AM
Sad thing is if Bonner played those kind of minutes and was the #1 option, he could probably rebound a lot more, score just as much, and shoot at a higher percentage. :wow

Spurs da champs
12-22-2012, 02:27 AM
Tbh any talent who doesn't escape Toronto's clutches regresses to the point of irrelevance.

Raven
12-22-2012, 04:32 AM
why don't you call him Bustignani? Has a nice ring to it imho :lmao
Anyway, nothing new under the sun, he's a pure cancer.

TDMVPDPOY
12-22-2012, 05:22 AM
lol italy

racm
12-22-2012, 06:02 AM
Tbh any talent who doesn't escape Toronto's clutches regresses to the point of irrelevance.

Tbh, you either retire a champion or you play long enough to be a Raptor.

venitian navigator
12-22-2012, 07:33 AM
Toronto actually is playing against him, and he deserved it.
The point is that he's very good offensively, having a lot of weapons, and, potentially, also very good on defense at least in one on one situations...(but he's horrible at team defense)...but he builded his horrible reputation cause he always looks like he doesn't give a damn about the game end the teammates.
The things that he said recently, and that have put the management and the team against him, are nothing particulary wrong or false...but the point is that the great part of the team falling is bacause of his lack of winning attitude, and the lack of right behavior that he showed during all these years...and he's not gonna admit it. again, he doesn't take responsability for the poor outcomings...and that's not the right way to think for any player, and more than all for a supposed leader.
He has wonderful skills, but probably the main reason he did not have success is that he's not the kind of guy that could take full responsability of being the main player on the team...probably being the n° 1 draft choice has been a bad thing for him.

That said I would be curious to see him in a more established system...with a coach that makes him see his errors one by one, anfd that gives him a clear and specific role.

And, by the way, comparing him to Bonner is ridicolous...they have different ceilings, also difensively.

Koolaid_Man
12-22-2012, 07:45 AM
:lol Seven-footer shooting under 40%
:lol Seven-footer who averages 4.3 rebounds in 32.8 minutes
:lol Worst defender in the NBA by a large amount
:lol Leads the Raptors to a 4-18 record
:lol Suffers an elbow injury on the world's dumbest dunk attempt (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_itaUexhUk)
:lol Says the Raptors are "the worst team in the NBA right now"
:lol Raptors win five straight games without him
:lol Bustnani
:lol "$50M for Bustnani isn't out of line with his market value"
:lol "Bustnani isn't a bust"
:lol ":cryBustnani scores like few others can:cry"
:lol Bryan Colangelo
:lol Canada

nice preamble to the "please don't trade him to LA bandwagon"

DD
12-22-2012, 09:59 AM
This

And that

Raven
12-22-2012, 11:05 AM

i'm more on the please trade him to LA bandwagon tbh

Paranoid Pop
12-22-2012, 11:09 AM
i'm more on the please trade him to LA bandwagon tbh

Not like we are good at defending stretch PF tho...

Raven
12-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Not like we are good at defending stretch PF tho...

why would you care about a perennial lottery team's pf?

Clipper Nation
12-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Actually, I'd love to see that bum get traded to the Lakers, tbh.....

DD
12-22-2012, 12:13 PM
We have a lot of liars on this forum.

TheCultOfPersonality
12-22-2012, 02:38 PM
I would love to see Andrea Bargnani, Byron Mullens, & Michael Beasley playing together on the same team just for laughs.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Living in Toronto I am "privileged" to see Bargnani night in and night out.

People up here used to call Bosh soft all the time, but Bargnani is just something else altogether. He is a poor man's, poor man's Dino Gallinari.

The only person who needs to be offloaded from the team faster than Andrea is Bryan Colangelo. My God.

And while Bargnani is a huge joke, on the other end of the spectrum Jose Calderon is vastly underrated.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Yeah the fact Colangelo hasn't been fired by the Raptors amazes me.

From 1995 to 2003, he completely mismanaged the Suns sans several good draft picks with countless stupid trades and overpaid countless players. For whatever reason nearly a decade of fuckups by someone who only had a job due to nepotism got erased after 1 good off season (which only happened because of an Isiah Thomas bailout) where he signed Steve Nash and Quentin Richardson both significantly above their market value to complete a team that won 62 games, only for him to pull a classic Colangelo and dissect the team a year later after the 2005 off season. Even after how bad he's been in Toronto, the general NBA consensus is that Colangelo is a good GM.

Raven
12-22-2012, 03:40 PM
I would love to see Andrea Bargnani, Byron Mullens, & Michael Beasley playing together on the same team just for laughs.

wow that scared me to death

baseline bum
12-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Bargnani's even worse than the complete busts like Tskitishvili and Morrison, since those guys never put up Bargnani's empty numbers to get big contract extensions. His contract isn't Amare bad, bud ouch, locked up through 2014-15.

lefty
12-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Yeah the fact Colangelo hasn't been fired by the Raptors amazes me.

From 1995 to 2003, he completely mismanaged the Suns sans several good draft picks with countless stupid trades and overpaid countless players. For whatever reason nearly a decade of fuckups by someone who only had a job due to nepotism got erased after 1 good off season (which only happened because of an Isiah Thomas bailout) where he signed Steve Nash and Quentin Richardson both significantly above their market value to complete a team that won 62 games, only for him to pull a classic Colangelo and dissect the team a year later after the 2005 off season. Even after how bad he's been in Toronto, the general NBA consensus is that Colangelo is a good GM.

THIS

And every September Colangelol tries to save his ass in press conferences :

" This year we have added character, experience and toughness; those 3 attributes are exactly what we were looking for, considering we have a lot of young players "

" We are very excited with those additions "

Translation :

" We suck and we'll keep sucking cuz I have acquired overpaid and overrated scrubs, so I'll try to hide that fact by using the words "character", "experience" and "toughness" ; it's like when you are being asked : what do you think of that girl? And if you answer : she is charming and smart, then .... then you know it means she is fucking ugly "

" oh and dont get me started on our Euro scout from Italy; I dont know why I still trust him; but every year, he convinces to draft soft Euros "

resistanze
12-22-2012, 04:42 PM
He wears nice suits with high collars, that's good enough for the Mongoloids in Toronto.

gee
12-22-2012, 05:33 PM
He wears nice suits with high collars, that's good enough for the Mongoloids in Toronto.

:lol

DD
12-22-2012, 07:24 PM
DPG's going to end up being right about AB...he has a 6th sense for longterm career projections

timvp
12-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Please oh please trade Pau Gasol for Bustnani.

Please?

Do it, Mitch. Show how the student has bec:lolme the teacher. Make they pay f:lolr their basketball reasons. <insert Laker myopic Laker fan slogan that is oblivious to the fact that Mitch has nothing to do with star players migrating to the Lakers here>

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Please oh please trade Pau Gasol for Bustnani.

Please?

Do it, Mitch. Show how the student has bec:lolme the teacher. Make they pay f:lolr their basketball reasons. <insert Laker myopic Laker fan slogan that is oblivious to the fact that Mitch has nothing to do with star players migrating to the Lakers here>

stop marginalizing yourself with catoonish posts

DD
12-23-2012, 05:53 PM
What does Pau Gasol do besides grow older? Spurfans love to feign happiness about a possible trade, but they conveniently ignore the fact that PG is on the downside of his career, shoots about 40%, and consistently gets rejected by point guards. I'm convinced Steve Blake could handle him on the block right now. He's made his millions and won a couple rings...he simply doesnt give a shit anymore, and hasnt had the heart for the game since his fiancee broke up with him. Now he's really showing signs of age with injuries. His best days are miles behind him.

AB is shooting an abysmal 39-40%, sucks on D (but Gasol's great, amirite?), and has been banged up as well. The difference is that he's 27 y/o and has lots of room for improvement. Take a player out of a listless environment like Toronto--where its so cold your dick shrinks back into your body--and put him in the best basketball city in the country and see if he doesnt improve. He also doesnt have to be the 1st or 2nd option right off the bat.

But i'll act like every other sheep in this thread: "I hope the Lakers do that trade too!, it'll destroy their already-sub .500 team! derp derp derp"

Like I said...lots of liars in this thread.

Jodelo
12-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Him on the Lakers? Please, can't wait to see that!

baseline bum
12-23-2012, 05:57 PM
I hope Kupchack sees it the same way, DD.

DD
12-23-2012, 06:00 PM
I hope Kupchack sees it the same way, DD.

Sure you do, Johnny. No transparency whatsoever

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 06:01 PM
What does Pau Gasol do besides grow older? Spurfans love to feign happiness about a possible trade, but they conveniently ignore the fact that PG is on the downside of his career, shoots about 40%, and consistently gets rejected by point guards. I'm convinced Steve Blake could handle him on the block right now. He's made his millions and won a couple rings...he simply doesnt give a shit anymore, and hasnt had the heart for the game since his fiancee broke up with him. Now he's really showing signs of age with injuries. His best days are miles behind him.

AB is shooting an abysmal 39-40%, sucks on D (but Gasol's great, amirite?), and has been banged up as well. The difference is that he's 27 y/o and has lots of room for improvement. Take a player out of a listless environment like Toronto--where its so cold your dick shrinks back into your body--and put him in the best basketball city in the country and see if he doesnt improve. He also doesnt have to be the 1st or 2nd option right off the bat.

But i'll act like every other sheep in this thread: "I hope the Lakers do that trade too!, it'll destroy their already-sub .500 team! derp derp derp"

Like I said...lots of liars in this thread.

^ this...and Timvp is the foremost guy playing mind games with Spur fan...he knows Gasol is shit and he's doing everything he can to play into the false narrative that AB would be a downgrade to PG...If we land AB and Calderon it's over for the West

DD
12-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Btw, i was serious about that first question.nnWhat has Gasol done since Game 7 that's warranted such (transparent) adoration from Spurfans? Fucking Aaron Grey pushed his shit in ffs. His ship has sailed

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Btw, i was serious about that first question.nnWhat has Gasol done since Game 7 that's warranted such (transparent) adoration from Spurfans? Fucking Aaron Grey pushed his shit in ffs. His ship has sailed

this is about marginalizing Kobe by propping up Gasol

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Kobe can't win without Shaq? ohh yeah he went back 2 back without SHaq...He did? But guess what yall he can't win without Gasol

baseline bum
12-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Sure you do, Johnny. No transparency whatsoever

Of course I do. Even with Howard there Gasol still pulls more rebounds than Bargnani has ever come close to. You talk about Bargnani like he's 22 or something. He's as good as he'll ever get, which is garbage. Gasol's old, but your team isn't built for the future with Bryant and Nash anyways. Much better chance Gasol shapes up and gets into last season's form than there is of Bargnani becoming a player he has never been.

Bill_Brasky
12-23-2012, 06:14 PM
:lmao how sad is it for lakerfan that Bargnani is the savior

timvp
12-23-2012, 06:22 PM
What does Pau Gasol do besides grow older?Hyperbolic question.

Spurfans love to feign happiness about a possible tradeRelevant examples? Personally, I wasn't happy about D-Ho trade or the Nash trade. Even in retrospect, even factoring in the Lakers slow start, those were still great trades.

but they conveniently ignore the fact that PG is on the downside of his careerWho ignores that? Despite his inevitable decline, which has be exacerbated due to playing out of position, he's still obviously talented. Besides, plenty of players on the downside of their careers have been part of a championship team.

, shoots about 40%Which is fluke-ishly low and bound to improve.

and consistently gets rejected by point guardsHyperbole.

I'm convinced Steve Blake could handle him on the block right now.No you're not.

he simply doesnt give a shit anymoreHave you seen Bustnani play?

Now he's really showing signs of age with injuries. His best days are miles behind him.He was really good as recently as last season.

AB ... sucks on D (but Gasol's great, amirite?)Gasol is a much better defender than Bustnani. You, hopefully, know this.

The difference is that he's 27 y/o and has lots of room for improvement. Bustnani hasn't shown any signs of improvement in a few years now. In fact, he's unquestionably getting worse.

Take a player out of a listless environment like Toronto--where its so cold your dick shrinks back into your body--and put him in the best basketball city in the country and see if he doesnt improve.Fit Gasol properly in the offensive sets, which Coach Kobe and Coach D'Antoni both say will happen and is currently a work in progress, and he'll improve.

Bustnani has to improve a lot just to reach Gasol's depressed current state. You'd rather bet on that then let Gasol figure out how to work next to D-Ho? Even now with Nash back? That is ............ interesting.

But i'll act like every other sheep in this thread: "I hope the Lakers do that trade too!, it'll destroy their already-sub .500 team! derp derp derp"Is that really so much more enlightened then "derp derp Gasol sucks because his fiance left let's trade him for Bustnani who will undoubtedly improve drastically simply by coming to sunny California derp"? Maybe it is and I'm just not seeing it.

Like I said...lots of liars in this thread.Lying about what, exactly? You think I just started scoffing Bustnani when I heard Laker Fan wanted him?

timvp
12-23-2012, 06:27 PM
^ this...and Timvp is the foremost guy playing mind games with Spur fan...he knows Gasol is shit and he's doing everything he can to play into the false narrative that AB would be a downgrade to PG...If we land AB and Calderon it's over for the West

My multi-year scoffing of Bargnani has been a prolonged mind game for this instance when the Lakers were going to trade a player one year removed from being decidedly above average for a player who very well might be the worst player in the NBA? Damn I'm good, apparently.

DD
12-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Hyperbolic question.

Relevant examples? Personally, I wasn't happy about D-Ho trade or the Nash trade. Even in retrospect, even factoring in the Lakers slow start, those were still great trades.

Who ignores that? Despite his inevitable decline, which has be exacerbated due to playing out of position, he's still obviously talented. Besides, plenty of players on the downside of their careers have been part of a championship team.

Which is fluke-ishly low and bound to improve.

Hyperbole.

No you're not.

Have you seen Bustnani play?

He was really good as recently as last season.

Gasol is a much better defender than Bustnani. You, hopefully, know this.

Bustnani hasn't shown any signs of improvement in a few years now. In fact, he's unquestionably getting worse.

Fit Gasol properly in the offensive sets, which Coach Kobe and Coach D'Antoni both say will happen and is currently a work in progress, and he'll improve.

Bustnani has to improve a lot just to reach Gasol's depressed current state. You'd rather bet on that then let Gasol figure out how to work next to D-Ho? Even now with Nash back? That is ............ interesting.

Is that really so much more enlightened then "derp derp Gasol sucks because his fiance left let's trade him for Bustnani who will undoubtedly improve drastically simply by coming to sunny California derp"? Maybe it is and I'm just not seeing it.

Lying about what, exactly? You think I just started scoffing Bustnani when I heard Laker Fan wanted him?

Oh, so you think the better plan is to hope 32 y/o (and aging) Gasol snaps out of his 2+ year slumber and starts to play like his 2008-2010 days...or any days when he actually gave a shit for that matter?

Sound, reasonable plan.

O.J. Simpson
12-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Is this actually Deadly Dynasty? Because he brings nothing but incredibly shitty, irishock-like takes. Just an imbecile all-around.

DD
12-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Also, are you really comparing AB going through the motions with Gasol doing the same? AB is in an endlessly hopeless situation on the Raptors, while Gasol plays for the 2nd best franchise in sports (behind NYY) and has all the help around him.

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 06:39 PM
My multi-year scoffing of Bargnani has been a prolonged mind game for this instance when the Lakers were going to trade a player one year removed from being decidedly above average for a player who very well might be the worst player in the NBA? Damn I'm good, apparently.

:lol yeah ok..listen never under estimate the power of the Mitch Kupchack hype machine...and furthermore I've never heard you utter a word about AB until recently....you scared of a Pau for AB and Calderon deal?

midnightpulp
12-23-2012, 06:43 PM
I agree with the chimp and DD that Andrea would be a better fit for the Lakers' fun-n-gun pussy version of basketball than Gasol is right now. By no means a savior or a messiah. Unless a major roster and system shakeup happens, Lakers still getting stomped in the 2nd round. But the Lakers need a stretch 4, and AB is really the only one available.

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 06:47 PM
I agree with the chimp and DD that Andrea would be a better fit for the Lakers' fun-n-gun pussy version of basketball than Gasol is right now. By no means a savior or a messiah. Unless a major roster and system shakeup happens, Lakers still getting stomped in the 2nd round. But the Lakers need a stretch 4, and AB is really the only one available.

Hey boo...your avatar pic is starting to look sexier and sexier.... :lol

I'm just playing :lol

DD
12-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Also, i dont think this guy is a savior and never said as much. Put either guy in there and the Heat would still stomp them. In fact, most of you could be right, but who knows. What we do know is that the status quo isnt good enough. I cant remember a moment since that Game 7 where i thought, "i'm glad we had Gasol for that game."

Clipper Nation
12-23-2012, 06:57 PM
I agree with the chimp and DD that Andrea would be a better fit for the Lakers' fun-n-gun pussy version of basketball than Gasol is right now.
Theoretically, but in reality, Bargs is a terrible player and locker room cancer....

timvp
12-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Oh, so you think the better plan is to hope 32 y/o (and aging) GasolThanks for aging reminder.

snaps out of his 2+ year slumber and starts to play like his 2008-2010 days1. Gasol was pretty damn good in 2010-11. Last year, he was still good.

2. Bargnani is in a career slumber. At his very best, he's a one-dimensional scorer with halfway competent effeciency.

3. The Lakers don't need Gasol to play like he did during the championship days. He's a fourth option nowadays rather than being the undisputed option in the post. If he returns to last year's level of play and the top three options figure out how click, the Lakers have the most talented team in the conference with only OKC comparable.

Sound, reasonable plan.Gasol turning back time one or maybe two seasons is more reasonable than expecting Bustnani to improve enough to be anything more than an Italian Antawn Jamison.

midnightpulp
12-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Thanks for aging reminder.

1. Gasol was pretty damn good in 2010-11. Last year, he was still good.

2. Bargnani is in a career slumber. At his very best, he's a one-dimensional scorer with halfway competent effeciency.

3. The Lakers don't need Gasol to play like he did during the championship days. He's a fourth option nowadays rather than being the undisputed option in the post. If he returns to last year's level of play and the top three options figure out how click, the Lakers have the most talented team in the conference with only OKC comparable.

Gasol turning back time one or maybe two seasons is more reasonable than expecting Bustnani to improve enough to be anything more than an Italian Antawn Jamison.

D'Antoni just blew his load.

DD
12-23-2012, 07:05 PM
LJ, in your honest opinion, how far does a currently-constructed Lakers team go? Not potential, how far do you think they realistically go--like if you had to put money on it, etc?

timvp
12-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Also, are you really comparing AB going through the motions with Gasol doing the same? AB is in an endlessly hopeless situation on the Raptors, while Gasol plays for the 2nd best franchise in sports (behind NYY) and has all the help around him.Uh, yeah, except when Gasol was with the Grizzlies and in "an endlessly hopeless situation" he lifted a team with even less talent to the playoffs. Bustnani, on the other hand, makes his already horrible team even worse. That can't get more clear than when the Raptors won 4 of 22 with him and then won five in a row without him.

and furthermore I've never heard you utter a word about AB until recently:lol Hear harder.

Also, i dont think this guy is a savior and never said as much. Put either guy in there and the Heat would still stomp them. In fact, most of you could be right, but who knows. What we do know is that the status quo isnt good enough. I cant remember a moment since that Game 7 where i thought, "i'm glad we had Gasol for that game."Honestly, as much as it's enjoyable to laugh at the Lakers, I don't understand the panic. They've had their complete team for what ... three games? Two and a half games? Of course not everyone is going to be fed when the point guards are the rotting corpse of Chris Duhon and some random black guy apparently named Morris. Kobe gon' get his. D-Ho stands in the middle of the paint all game so he'll get his touches. Gasol sucking when there's no point guard to distribute the ball makes sense ... to me at least.

timvp
12-23-2012, 07:16 PM
D'Antoni just blew his load.:lol

LJ, in your honest opinion, how far does a currently-constructed Lakers team go? Not potential, how far do you think they realistically go--like if you had to put money on it, etc?Currently constructed, I honestly (no shtick) believe they are legit contenders. Their ceiling is probably higher than any team outside of maybe Miami. Nash is going to have to stay healthy, Gasol will have to get healthy and they'll have to start playing like they don't absolutely hate each other ... but the tools are there.

I'd say they have a 35% shot of making the WCF. I'd put it higher if D'Antoni stops running the starters into the ground.

Do the Bustnani trade and even if the Lakers also get Calderon, I'd drop it to 15%. If L.A. wants a stretch four so bad, just play the American Antawn Jamison or play MWP there. No need to trade for the least competitive basketball player in the NBA.

midnightpulp
12-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Uh, yeah, except when Gasol was with the Grizzlies and in "an endlessly hopeless situation" he lifted a team with even less talent to the playoffs. Bustnani, on the other hand, makes his already horrible team even worse. That can't get more clear than when the Raptors won 4 of 22 with him and then won five in a row without him.

:lol Hear harder.

Honestly, as much as it's enjoyable to laugh at the Lakers, I don't understand the panic. They've had their complete team for what ... three games? Two and a half games? Of course not everyone is going to be fed when the point guards are the rotting corpse of Chris Duhon and some random black guy apparently named Morris. Kobe gon' get his. D-Ho stands in the middle of the paint all game so he'll get his touches. Gasol sucking when there's no point guard to distribute the ball makes sense ... to me at least.

I think Gasol sucking has more to do with the fact that D'Antoni is trying to turn him into Bargnani than with the lack of a legitimate point guard.

And Lakers fans' panic is justified. The team is just not very good. Structurally a mess. Unathletic. Atrocious defensively (which will get even worse now that the Messiah has returned). All playing within a system that has proven, time and time again, to fail in the post-season.

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2012, 07:23 PM
:lol

Currently constructed, I honestly (no shtick) believe they are legit contenders. Their ceiling is probably higher than any team outside of maybe Miami. Nash is going to have to stay healthy, Gasol will have to get healthy and they'll have to start playing like they don't absolutely hate each other ... but the tools are there.

I'd say they have a 35% shot of making the WCF. I'd put it higher if D'Antoni stops running the starters into the ground.

Do the Bustnani trade and even if the Lakers also get Calderon, I'd drop it to 15%. If L.A. wants a stretch four so bad, just play the American Antawn Jamison or play MWP there. No need to trade for the least competitive basketball player in the NBA.

^ Kori must be Bustnani's Ex....some Halle Berry baby daddy drama type shit

DD
12-23-2012, 07:23 PM
The "panic" or frustration lies in expectations. We expect the big 4 to play well and impact the game. Nash has only played a handful of games, so it's too early to tell with him. Too early to tell with Howard too, who is coming off back surgery...he returned to the court ahead of schedule and it's obviously taking some time to regain all his athleticism (if he ever does). His rampant foul troubles are some evidence of this, imo. Kobe is Kobe, for better or worse, which leaves Gasol.

He's been banged up as well, but the games he played he was a virtual nonfactor. This is why theres such negativity. He's been largely unimpactful the past couple seasons and thats difficult to accept for a player of his skill level. Now we're left to remain patient in hopes he finds the long-lost motivation and hits his groove.

lefty
12-23-2012, 10:05 PM
:lmao at thinking that Bustnani could help the Lakers