PDA

View Full Version : Could Someone Explain?...

CubanSucks
12-21-2012, 10:38 PM
why the fuck in the state of Texas CBS is showing BENGALS vs STEELERS instead of the HOUSTON TEXANS vs a Texas native lead Vikings?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! CBS shows Houston every fucking week they're on but for some reason people think Cincy and Pittsburgh are more enticing? If there's a legit reason please tell me before I lose my shit

benefactor
12-21-2012, 10:47 PM
They are playing on FOX this week at noon and so is Dallas. Houston will likely be the only city not showing the Dallas game.

CubanSucks
12-21-2012, 10:56 PM
They are playing on FOX this week at noon and so is Dallas. Houston will likely be the only city not showing the Dallas game.

So what's different about this week? Fucking shit I hate the Cowboy suckfest in this state

weebo
12-22-2012, 12:08 AM
No fucking kidding. No respect. The cowgirls are one more Romo choke job away from being irrelevant yet again.

benefactor
12-22-2012, 08:55 AM
So what's different about this week? Fucking shit I hate the Cowboy suckfest in this state
AFC games are shown on CBS and NFC games are shown on FOX...so every now and then when Houston is playing an NFC team FOX will show the game. Sucks for fans, but it's actually a pretty smart scheduling move by FOX. It eliminates a great deal of the in state programming competition that they would have to deal with because if Houston was playing an AFC team this week they would lose some of the viewing audience to that game.

weebo
12-22-2012, 11:55 AM
AFC games are shown on CBS and NFC games are shown on FOX...so every now and then when Houston is playing an NFC team FOX will show the game. Sucks for fans, but it's actually a pretty smart scheduling move by FOX. It eliminates a great deal of the in state programming competition that they would have to deal with because if Houston was playing an AFC team this week they would lose some of the viewing audience to that game.

It eliminates competition if you assume Houston fans are going to tune in and watch Dallas choke again.

johnsmith
12-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Look at it this way, every once in a while the football Gods shine down an opportunity for you. In this instance, the opportunity is that you likely don't have to work on Monday, given that its Christmas Eve, so use this as a chance to go root on the texans with a bunch of fellow fans while you all get drunk at a bar!!!!

Make lemonade man, make lemonade!

Samuel Eto'o
12-22-2012, 04:38 PM
I swear to god the Steelers are on TV every fucking weekend.

BUMP
12-22-2012, 05:32 PM
If the road team's an AFC team=CBS

If the road team's an NFC team=FOX

CubanSucks
12-23-2012, 12:52 PM
If the road team's an AFC team=CBS

If the road team's an NFC team=FOX

...I'm still pissed as fuck but not sure who or what at which is even worse

johnsmith
12-23-2012, 01:16 PM
...I'm still pissed as fuck but not sure who or what at which is even worse

So you didn't go to a bar? You have no one to blame but yourself.

Pretend frodo is meeting you at Buffalo Wild Wings.....that should be some added incentive.

gameFACE
12-23-2012, 03:49 PM
I came to a bar. Goddamn Houston can't stop any Viking 3rd down conversions that count. Vikings in a tighter race obviously and are playing like it. Lol Houston not closing the deal.

weebo
12-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Texans are the softest 12-3 team in recent memory. They'll be one and done come PO time.